Dust Bones [Harry Styles]

By zeffervescent

Working for a world-leading mafia, Harry knows how to kill, how to hunt his victims, and how to avoid any com... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
T R A I L E R
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
056
057
058
000
059
060
061
062
063
064
065/Epilogue
Q&A? Kind of? Idk Man.

055

255K 9.6K 11.2K
By zeffervescent

Soft lips pepper slow, open-mouthed kisses up and down my neck, to my collarbones and back. I stir in my sleep, eventually opening my eyes upon realizing Harry's touch. He still lies on top of me, head resting against my chest. I shift slightly, stretching out my legs with a tired groan.

"We were asleep for two hours," he informs me with his raspier, tired voice. I stare at the ceiling for a few moments, blinking away the exhaustion from my eyes. His fingertips brush against my arm, then pushing off to get up from our comfortable position.

I sit up, stretching out my body with soft groans. "When are we leaving?"

"In a few minutes, actually. We've got no time to waste." Harry reaches for the duffle bag, sifting through it almost immediately. Out he pulls out a gun of his, loading it. I hear that familiar click.

My eyes avert to the bag, where I walk towards it, stating, "I want a gun."

Harry looks over to me, stolid expression. I'm almost certain he's going to refuse to give me one, but he shockingly grins lightly to himself, reaching in and grabbing me a pistol. He holds it out for me.

I glance at it and look back up at him, wondering if he's serious. "I didn't think that'd actually work."

"We're fully on my terms. And I personally find it very sexy," he murmurs, leaning forward. I feel his hot breath against my lips, and my eyes flutter before he states, "Just don't shoot me."

He pulls away without giving me my kiss. I smirk lightly at his playfulness, grabbing the weapon from him.

"Only if you really piss me off," I retort.

"I tend to do that a lot," he sarcastically remarks. He zips up the bag again, pulling it over his shoulder. He leads the way out, and taking one last glance at our temporary home, I shut the door behind me.

The air is hot and humid, making me strip down to a plain tank top and the shorts I previously wore. I have little reservation for the apprehension I usually have for these types of situation.

Pushing bad thoughts aside, I grab a bag as Harry takes the duffle one full of weaponry. He's got his way of getting it through security.

The airport is busy, busting with movement and frenzied people. The occasional tourists and their kids. Business men and women. An ordinary scene for any airport.

I keep my head low for a minuscule fraction of reassurance. There are small things I observe to pass the time. If I spend too much time thinking, I spend too much time worrying and screwing up. In my head, I don't hear any noise. There is silence, a habit that I've formed to conceive some peace of mind.

Harry walks casually beside me, pale green eyes focused and alert. Every second, his eye movement switched from all corners in this airport. It was something extremely gifted. As dark as his suffrage was, he was trained. His skills are doubtless, and as he walks beside me, he is the first to notice everything that has flaw.

"Something's not right," he murmurs beside me. I turn to look at him instantly, though he does not return the gaze. He's too busy examining our surroundings. The features of his face showcase focus; eyebrows furrowed and mouth closed, jaw clenched.

My gaze averts from him to every crowd of people and any source that would allow me to differentiate normal from unusually wrong. However, I see nothing.

I lean towards Harry, whispering, "What is it?"

"I don't know, yet." Harry suddenly grabs my hand, and with a abrupt tug, we practically disappear into a crowd of chattering people. That look on his face is one I've come to realize and become familiar with. I spot it at an efficient rate. It saves me the anger and pain.

He's lying.

I may not be as quick to accurately observe everything about someone or something or even some place. Not like Harry. However, I've spent so much time with this man before me, that I know he's not being truthful to me.

Once our eyes meet, I grow spiteful. Suddenly, so angry that I could rip my hand away and use it to violently assault him. It's...painful. When I know his tricks. The fact that he still lies to me on a regular basis.

I clench my jaw tightly, shakily snapping, "You're not being honest."

"I am, Cata. Please, not now," he starts.

My hand, I snatch it away from his grip. He watches me carefully, about to speak but I beat him to it. "I've tolerated enough of your lies."

"I'm not lying," he angrily mutters through a tightly clenched jaw.

"I see it on your face, Harry," I persist. "You're not that hard to read. Not anymore you're not."

His silence declares my triumph. Which also contributes to the fact that he is lying right to my face, yet again. After a few moments of this, I grow too vexed to even look at him. I make my way out from the crowd, only to have him latch our hands again, his low voice reminding me our sole purpose.

"You're not going to like what I'm going to tell you," he confesses.

I cringe at his words, my mind already forming torturous predictions. Without looking at him, I feel my eyes sting with angered, frustrated tears.

"What did you lie to me about this time?" I whisper.

"You're going to be in hysterics," he murmurs.

My turn to shake with fury. I turn around in a split second. "What...did you lie about? Or at least try to lie about."

He exhales loudly, monotonously saying, "I called Louis when you were sleeping, and arranged that we meet up with him here at exactly five minutes from now."

My face pales. "What?" I spit, widening my eyes with horror. I was also shaking from the livid flow of my burning blood.

"Baby, before you absolutely lose it, let me explain."

"There is literally nothing to explain. You just called that psychotic bastard here!" I exclaim, gaining attention.

"Shh," he hisses, grabbing each of my arms. I try to tug them away, but he does not budge. "Listen. He only wants the codes. The ones you know. You give them to him, and he leaves us alone. Leaves you alone."

I shake my head, in absolute refusal to believe this. My nose scrunches up with fury as I remark, "You're out of your fucking mind if you think I'm going to give him those codes. We don't even know what they're for, Harry."

"I'm doing the only thing I can to keep you safe. I can't keep moving place to place, expecting them to find us at every fucking corner, Cata. You need to understand how fucking insane and maddening that is for me," he rapidly breathes out. I sense desperation in him. Something extremely rare. "How absolutely terrorizing it is."

I huff, almost laughing out of every emotion in existence. My despair is obvious when I warily whisper, "No. I won't give them to him. These codes can be so important, Harry. We have no idea what they can do. And he's a fucking psycho. He's got his ways to get around everything. He won't just let me go."

"I'll make sure he does."

"Harry, I cannot believe you lied to me. Again," I shake my head, glassy eyes gazing up at him with disgust. "I ca — you promised me you'd never lie to me ever again, but here we are. What else are you lying to me about?"

Utterly frustrated, Harry sighs heavily and watches me intensively. "Nothing else. I fucking promise you. This is the last time. I just need you safe. This is the only way I could fucking end this."

"Even if he does let me go...it doesn't change that Fray wants me dead. I have trusted every word you've said, and so far...I've only been wrong," I tell him, looking away. His hands fall from my arms, and I turn around rapidly.

Only to be faced by a pair of vibrant, amused, blue eyes.

"Haha, Harry mate, having girlfriend problems? I know the feeling," Louis Tomlinson grins, two of his men behind him standing broad and tall. I gasp internally, face paling further, and my eyes widening from astonishment.

Harry instantly grabs my hand, pulling me behind him. He stands before me with his intense glare, oftentimes being immediately intimidating for those on the other side of his gaze. However, I let go of him and move back in front.

Louis's extremely amused, eyebrows raised as he watches me. I spat, "You won't get a single number out of me."

"Oh, jeez. Relax, love. You sound like my wife when she first met me," he laughs, shaking his head, and then adding, "I pulled the flirt card on her."

"Save it," Harry firmly remarks, "We're here for one reason."

"And I already made my decision," I retort angrily.

Louis looks between us before settling on me. "Look, sweetheart. I'm a man of my word. And as much as I want to kill both of you die-hard romantics, I need those codes. You give 'em, and this all stops. This little war is off, and you, my little princess, are off hundreds of kill lists. I told Harry what I've got planned. Codes, and in exchange you get your safety."

Without an ounce of regret, I mutter, "I rather die than give them to you."

"Cata," Harry warns.

Louis's amusement fades, and he simply states, "I think we can change your mind."

n. so i'm not sure who's in the wrong here, so i guess i'll leave that to you guys.

thank you for reading. follow my twitter @zeffervescent

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713K 21.6K 70
COMPLETED Evelyn was an aspiring social worker. But when her first assignment is helping a family living in one of the worsts neighborhoods around Lo...
725K 15.4K 37
Amy a girl with a horrible past. To get away from her horrible past her and her family move to holmes chapel. Its a fresh start for her she can make...
106K 3.9K 30
In a setting where the past meets the future, technology and way of living has completely destroyed the world, forcing everyone to turn back to old w...
535K 10.4K 93
Monreau Swanson lived a simple life working at a mechanic's shop, but an unexpected visitor to her shop sparks her interest, Harry Styles. She slowly...