Electrify my heart ♡ Clemont...

By K1k1__

You, the newfound champion of [favourite region aside from Kalos], decide to depart to the Kalos region in ho... More

A/n to get started! (necessary)
°𝘒𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘴, 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯 °
°𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴°
°𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘋𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘦°
Battle: Begin
Reflection

°𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘐𝘯 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘶𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘪𝘵𝘺°

160 9 10
By K1k1__

~~~~~~~~~~

Much to Clemont's dislike, me, Ash and Bonnie all excitedly ran the rest of the path into the city; excitement practically bursting out of us. We definitely have reason to, too. Santalune City's beauty became apparent the second we stepped foot on it's modern tiled pathment, a water feature standing humble yet gracefully as a centrepiece for the town square. Much like Lumiose City's streets lining the connecting outside branches to the grand Prism Tower, Santalune City is decorated with lines of groomed plants and trees in straight lines along the walkways. The town feels so alive, bustling with people in the centre, where markets are positioned in the various sections. The black streetlights provide a complementary contrast to the pale and natural coloured decor of the rest of the city. "Yeah-heh! Santalune City gym, you better watch out! I'm gonna get my first badge to compete in the Kalos League from you!" Ash announces, running like there's no tomorrow.
"C-Come on guys-! Can't you slow down a little-?!" Clemont calls before tripping on air, landing face first on the ground and just accepting his fate.
"Hey, Clemont, hurry up!" Ash yells with a friendly grin.
I also halt, making my way back to Clemont and offering him my hand, which he gladly takes to help him up.
"Thank you," He awkwardly chuckles to me, "There's this thing and it's kind of important. Do you have any idea where the Santalune Gym might be located-?"
"No clue!" Ash, somehow proudly, hops up onto the water fountain's ledge, pointing at the sky to his right with Pikachu matching his energy.
"I figure stuff out when I run! Keep on going and you can't go wrong, that's the way we roll!"
Thankfully, Ash's obnoxiousness leads a beautiful blond woman in our direction, who gives us information on where to find the gym after taking a photograph of Ash on the fountain. For some reason, we all decide not to question her taking the picture of him without his consent and proceed to book-it to the gym. Not before me and Clemomt awkwardly thank the kind woman.

...

After unfortunately losing the battle to Viola, the photographer from earlier and gym leader of this city's gym, ash cradles his robin Pokémon in his arms and promises to return for a rematch. Clemont states that we should all go to the Pokémon Centre, due to the condition of Ash's two companions, earning a nod from all three of us. Swiftly exiting the gym, the four of us completely let the fact that we left someone behind slip from our minds. The girl that had come to watch Ash's gym battle.
Thankfully, we manage to get Pikachu and Fletchling to Nurse Joy in no time, meaning they weren't uncomfortable for long. So in the meantime, me, Clemont and Bonnie sat under the shade around a silver table, as Bonnie fed her Dedenne.
"So, how are you feeling about your gym battle tomorrow, [Y/n]?" Clemont asks, "Do you think you'll be okay with only [P/p] against Viola?"
"I guess there's only one way to find out. Viola's no fluke, she strategises in ways that may sound simple in hindsight, but make a huge splash on the battlefield. The difference between win and loss." I state, clutching my Pokéball in my hands, "I can't say I'm not excited to face off against her first-hand."

Our conversation is interrupted when Bonnie points out a figure approaching Ash, surprising us all as we notice it to be the girl from before. Immediately, her long honey coloured hair and pink hat stood out to me from a distance. Clutching onto Ash's bag in her arms, she sends a soft smile at him and hands him the rucksack, explaining that he had left it at the gym; before noticing the three of us also approaching.

"Look, it's the girl from before!" Bonnie states matter-of-factly.
"She was standing with us during your gym battle." Clemont explains to Ash, noticing his confusion.
"My name's Bonnie and this is my big brother. And say 'hi' to Dedenne!"
"I'm Clemont."
"I'm [Y/n], it's nice to meet you."
The girl chuckles, stating that it's nice to meet us.
"Wow, i'm sorry! I was so busy battling I didn't see you there." Ash apologises, causing the girl to frantically dismiss his previous actions.
"My name is Ash."
"Yeah-! Serena's my name, do you re-" Serena is cut off by the sound of the Pokémon Centre's jingle, stating that your Pokémon are healed.

...

Stepping hesitantly outside of the dimly lit Pokémon Centre, I take a deep breath and look around, hoping to find a place to walk and calm my mind in preparation for tomorrow. Truth be told, I love battling and I've done this all before in [Home Region] but it still can be difficult to keep calm. Calm is something that constructs a good mindset and therefore easier strategising for me, even if it's not so easily come by.
Deciding to turn left, I clutch my light bag, carrying only essentials. The weather is perfect, tranquil wind, luke-warm; it's refreshing yet not hot or cold. Something I truly needed.

My eyebrows furrow lightly as I hear a series of whimpers, my feet remain still as I try to wrack my brain around where it had come from. Straight ahead? No. Behind me? No. Left? No. Right? Perhaps. My head rotates 180° to the right, as I quietly walk in that direction, leading me to a neat row of bushes lining a closed café. Crouching down, I carefully, move a few twigs out of my way, followed by branches as I make my way up ever-so-slightly. The whimpering seems to stop and be replaced by shaky breaths, causing me to assume I'm nearing closer. However, the circumstances seem to tell me that I'm doing more damage than good as things stand, so I silently clear my throat and part my lips to speak comforting words.

"I promise I'm not here to hurt you," I whisper, "can you come out please? I want to make sure you're okay. I have some potion on me if you need it but I just need you to trust me."

After a few seconds, I patiently continue to wait until a small snap comes from a twig in the bush and I'm greeted with a figure, about 60cm in height.
As it nears closer, I shuffle back, sitting on the cold floor cross-legged so it can feel any less intimidated. After all, I can't exactly stand up very quickly or attack with my legs crossed.
Upon seeing the Pokémon exit the bushes, I calmly take my Pokédex out of my pocket and hold it in the small Pokémon's direction in hopes for any helpful information. Also, a name might be useful.

"Riolu, the Emanation Pokémon. Riolu can understand how people and Pokémon feel by observing a kind of wave called aura. It uses the shapes of auras, which change according to emotion, to communicate with others."

"Amazing..." I mumble, putting my Pokédex away before observing the Pokémon's condition.
Although nothing serious, I take my bag off of my back and pull a potion out.
"Thankfully, you only have a few scratches. Don't worry, I'll fix you up." I explain as I twist the nozzles and spray the medicinal substance on it's wounds, "This may sting a little."
After a small flinch from the Pokémon, it becomes accustomed to the discomfort and inches closer to me, feeling safer as it watches the little injuries fade away.
"There we go. How come you're on your own in a bush at this time of night? Don't you have a trainer or some one to go back to?" I question, placing the potion back in my bag.
Watching it shake its head broke my heart, as it looks off to the side. Could it really be all alone?
"Don't tell me you were attacked, then..." I frown, piecing up the puzzle.
As it nods a second time, I feel nothing but sympathy. It seems to pick up on this, it's surprised expression giving itself away. Perhaps it read my aura.
"I have an idea," I start, standing up and hoping it'd follow suit.
As I go to take a step back towards the Pokémon Centre, it hugs my leg, denying me movement. "Ah, dont worry, Riolu. I'm not leaving you," I state, crouching down and picking it up, "I was thinking you could stay under a roof for tonight until we can find an alternative tomorrow. Would you like that?"
Its face lights up, resting its paws on my shoulders to balance itself as it nods profusely.

A smile graces my lips as the Pokémon buries its snout in the crook of my neck, its paws curling around the rim of my shirt for comfort and stability. By the seems of things, this guy is pretty young.
Resting one of my hands on the back of it's head, I gently and carefully stroke its short fur, hoping to keep the wild Pokémon calm.

"Hm? [Y/n], was it?" Nurse Joy begins, upon noticing the automated doors quietly clang open and spotting me emerging from them.
"Oh, yeah, that's me." I calmly answer, despite my slight surprise at her remembrance of my name.
"What are you doing out at this time? It's past midnight and if I recall correctly, you have a gym battle tomorrow morning." Nurse Joy asks, concern etched onto her face.
I smile, "I was taking a walk to calm mysel-"

I'm interrupted by a head lifting itself up, making a small cry. I raise an eyebrow in confusion, watching the two-legged canine Pokémon attempt to speak to me despite it's vocabulary being just its name. Giving up, Riolu hops out of my arms and leads me to a window, hopping up onto the ledge and pointing outside. What was it trying to show me? A battle field.
"That's a battle field, you're right." I smile uneasily, trying to praise Riolu but also thoroughly confused.
"I think it's trying to tell you that it wants to battle or train for tomorrow." Nurse Joy smiles, leaning politely against the counter.
"Huh-? You're welcome to come, Riolu, but you're not my Pokémon."
Riolu shakes it's head, raising a fist and passing me a determined look.
"You...want to help me anyway-?" I ask aloud, shocked at its forwardness.
Frantically, it nods, running outside via the doorway right next to the window. I chase after it, almost tripping on the ledge between the door and outside, in an attempt to not lose Riolu.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

808 17 1
Ash had always been a positive person. He had always maintained a positive attitude through pretty much anything. The Kalos group had only seen him i...
30.4K 618 23
As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emotional thoughts and revelations, and cause...
3.8K 61 21
After Serena left Kalos, she headed to Hoenn. But what happens when she is at Hoenn? Read this story to find out! - Disclaimer: This is just a fanfic...
10.4K 154 19
(If you're not reading this on Wattpad, you're reading an illegal copyright version of it) Although this is marked as complete I will still post and...