Little Prince ✔️

נכתב על ידי LaikaTaehyung

"I'll marry you when I grow up." The little Prince chimes as he steadies himself to walk on top of an old aba... עוד

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
Chapter 48
49
50
51
52
54
55
56

53

28.8K 1.6K 349
נכתב על ידי LaikaTaehyung

Two Weeks Later

".. you have to welcome the dignitaries, attend a royal dinner with the neighboring country, give a speech at- are you even listening to me?"

"I'm sorry hyung. Just have a lot on my mind right now."

Hoseok let's out a sigh. It's almost impossible to convince Taehyung to return home and when he does, his mind is elsewhere.

"Is this because of that girl?"

"That girl has a name."

"Either way. You can't make her a distraction. You have responsibilities and duties as a Prince of this country. And unless you can find someone else to take over the throne, you have to do your part."

Taehyung looks at the guy.  "Why can't you take over then?"

Hoseok rolls his eyes. "We are not having this conversation again."

"Why not? I mean, you're the closest relative I have. You know how things work around here too so that makes you more than eligible."

When Taehyung receives a glare in return, the latter bites the bottom of his lip in disappointment. "Fine okay. I won't bring it up again. Under one condition though."

"What is it now? You want me to take care of your duties on your behalf? I believe I've been doing that for more than seven years now. I need my break."

"Then don't think of it as a favor then. Think of it as an order from your future King. And you know you can't back away from an order."

A moment of silence reigns.

"You really have some nerve."

"I'm not the one who keeps reminding me that I'll be King soon." Taehyung grins in victory. "I'll leave everything in your capable hands then."

"Are you going to see that girl?"

Taehyung halts In his steps, showing a little frown. "I really want to. But I promised Y/n, I'd take things slow between us. I already lost her twice. I don't think I'll be able to bear the pain if I lose her for the third time."

-

It's been two weeks since Taehyung last showed up. Like you, he's been busy attending to his duties. Every now and then, he'd send you a text about his day and get a casual respond back from you.

He was taking things slowly. And you can see that.

Another day. Another hectic schedule. One minute you're assisting a patient's broken bone and the next, you're drilling a syringe onto a patient's arm.

There are instances in life when you can't help but wonder why you choice nursing as a career.

It's not an easy job after all.

You're basically a caretaker.

"Y/n, you have a delivery."

That's odd. You don't remember ordering something in particular. Aside from those takoyaki that already arrived an hour ago, you don't recall having anything delivered today.

Abandoning the registrar spot, you attend to the delivery man outside the hospital building. What awaits you makes you stop in your steps. An explosive of red roses come neatly wrapped in thick parchment paper. "Special delivery for, Jeon Y/n."

"Who's it from?" With a suspicious tone, you inspect inspect the bouquet of red and heart-shaped chocolates.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that miss. Kindly sign here and I'll be on my way. " You do as asked and he tips his baseball cap before driving away with his motorcycle. Now you're left with a massive bouquet in your hand as well as a box of chocolate.

There's a note though.

I hope you still like chocolates. I would've delivered them personally but I had to take care of something first. Wish this made your day.
- Tae 💜

"Would you look at that? From your boyfriend I assume?" And thus the teasing begins.

"A friend that's a boy? Most likely. You guys like chocolate right?"

"Are you seriously asking that right now?"

"Here. Help yourselves."

You appreciate Taehyung's effort however, you're constantly moving around when you're at work. And the only free time you have, is during lunch time. You still have to check up on some patients today and you don't feel like having your locker smelling like chocolates. The bouquet on the other hand.

They're too good for the trash.

Later that night, you pay Lisa a visit as requested by her. For the past couple of weeks, she's been have this nauseating sickness that won't just go away.

The door opens and she welcomes you in her pajamas."Let me guess. Jin isn't home?"

Judging by the silence of the house, you must be right.

"Don't even get me started. I feel like I married him only to become his maid. Have you seen the size of this place? It's enough to house fifteen people. What do we even need six bathrooms for? I think I'm going insane. He's been acting strangely ever since my check up with the doctor. Leaving home before I wake up, staying out late at night. All of a sudden he wants to hire people to take care of the house. I get food delivered almost every hour. At this rate, I might turn into a slug."

Now you understand why she called you over. She just needed someone to rant to.

"You'll make one fine slug."

"It's not funny. I think I gained some weight too." Lisa purses her lips while settling on the couch, glaring at the huge tv screen.

"I think I might have an idea on what's going on." You begin while taking the space next to hers. "But I'm not completely sure okay? Just an assumption, but what if.. what if you're pregnant?" It is possible after all. She's a married woman and it has been sometime since they've had their honeymoon. She's showing some signs too and you suspecting - if ever it is true - Jim already knows.

"That's just a thought. I could be completely wrong, okay?" Her expression's giving you the chills. If looks could kill, you'd be six feet underground.

She scoffs. "I better not be. I don't think I'm ready to have a mini Jin 2.0."

"I think it'd be cute. But rather than a Jin 2.0, how about a mini Lisa? Won't that be cute?"

"I don't want to get my hopes up, Y/n. And you know about my mother's condition. What if it isn't true and I got excited for nothing? I don't wanna assume. I'll only end up getting hurt."

Her mother had a hard time conceiving. And every time she did, it would always lead to a miscarriage. They were lucky enough to have Lisa. Their only daughter.

You understand where she's coming from. But it's not a bad choice to hope at least.

"Honey, I'm home!"

"Would you look at that? The devil has arrived."

Jin walks into the living room to find you sitting beside a pouting Lisa. He frowns. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Try asking another stupid question."

"I'm sorry I'm late, honey. " The poor man circles the couch and takes the space beside his wife. "I was busy finding for some fruits and uhm. Other stuffs. I brought you some persimmons. Didn't you say you were craving for them last night?"

This conversation makes you want to believe your assumption's right.

"I think I better get going. It's getting late anyway."

"Can't you stay?" Jin frowns even more when Lisa hops away from the couch.

"I really wish I could. But I still have to go to work tomorrow."

"Bummer. I guess I'll see you when I see you. Maybe I'll stop by your workplace as soon as he allows me to. I'm not even joking. He's got me under house arrest."

"I'm sure he has a reason for it." Your eyes flicker to collide with him. "Right Jin?"

"Uh yeah."

"I better get going."

"Don't use your phone while driving." She warns you while giving you a hug.

" I'll try my best." That being said, you leave their place and enter your car without knowing someone has been keeping an eye on you the entire time.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

478K 17.1K 41
"Look, you have to marry me. It won't be that bad. You're someone I used to know and you're honestly not that half bad looking" he looked you up and...
1.1K 110 23
" Will you marry me?" " of course I will baby. Why you so tensed.?" --------------------- " Appa I want to marry him, please appa.? Please." This...
158K 7.3K 24
They say 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 is a beautiful feeling and Having a 𝗖𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗛 is a feeling that only we, ourselves can...
92.1K 6.1K 40
ELYSIAN (n.) relating to or characteristics of heaven or paradise • When bonds between vampires and the rest of the magical world become strained, th...