From Now Until Forever (S1) |...

Da its-beebo

Y/n Arlert, the slightly younger twin sister of Armin Arlert, joins the Scouts along with her brother and her... Altro

A/N
⚡️ Chapter One ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Two ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Three ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Four ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Five ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Six ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Seven ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Eight ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Nine ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Ten ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Eleven ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twelve ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Thirteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Fourteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Fifteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Sixteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Seventeen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Eighteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty One ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty Two ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty Three ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty Four ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty Five ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty Six ⚡️
Book 2

⚡️ Chapter Nineteen ⚡️

231 8 0
Da its-beebo

"When did you last replace your shaft?" A man from the Military Police asks, looking at Sasha.

"After the mop up, sir." Sasha answers. "That was six days ago."

"Right..." A woman, whom is with the man, writes something on her clipboard.

"Ok. You're good." The man assures.

Right now, we're currently having our gear checked. They're trying to figure out who slayed the two Titans the Scouts had captured. I'm sure they would've been great test subjects in helping us learn more about the Titans.

I'm doing a little better than I was five days ago, which was the day of Eren's trial. He's been with Captain Levi and his squad this whole time now.

Anyways, I've been able to sleep a little every night, but there are still moments throughout everyday that I just break down and cry. I just miss him so much...

Everyone's been trying their best to cheer me up and it works for a little while, but then it quickly goes away. I've also been staying by Armin's side even more than usual. I don't know what I'd do if anything were to happen to him. I'd probably giving up on living.

"You." The man remarks, once eventually reaching me. "Who are you and when did you last replace your shaft?"

"I'm Y/n Arlert and I'm with Squad 34. I replaced it six days ago and identifying people, sir." I answer honestly.

The man checks my gear then nods. "You're good. Who's next?"

"I'm with Squad 42 Christa Lentz, sir!" Christa, whom is beside me, informs.

"Well...let's take a look." The man sighs, obviously getting tired of this job. I don't blame him. I would get tired of it too.

"I guess someone hated looking at those Titans even more than I did." Connie, whom is on the other side of me, assumes.

"Mmm." Armin hums from beside him. "The sad thing is they may have actually helped the Titans more than anything. All that knowledge lost and for what? Someone's personal revenge?"

I sigh. "It doesn't make any sense. That's for sure."

"Well, it might sound dumb, but I'm glad they did it." Connie admits. "Before I'd actually seen a Titan, I was convinced I wanted to be a Scout and take them all on. Now...I never want to lay my eyes on one again."

"Well, tonight's the night we have to pick which regiment to join and even though I may be of no use once getting there, I'm still choosing the Scouts." I inform.

And last night, when we burnt all of the fallen comrades, helped me finalize my decision. I was not looking forward to it at all, but I got through it with lots of crying...

(This is a flashback of the night before. I'll let you know when it's back in present time.)

I am currently on the ground, beside Ymir's feet, sobbing over our lost comrades, whose bodies are now being burned in the huge fire in front of us.

A hand, belonging to Ymir, is laid on my head in silence. When I told her the reason why I was so down, she told me that she knew that I liked Marco, since the night of our graduation, but said she'd still end up marrying me anyway, as she always has.

I pull my knees up to my chest and lay my forehead on my knees and continuing my sobbing. The ashes of some of my closet friends are floating around right now. Thomas...Mina...Marco...

'Y/n!' A quiet, yet familiar voice calls out.

I stop crying and slowly lift my head from my knees to look around me only to see no one.

'Y/n!' The voice calls out again.

I look into the fire and see an image of Marco. I'm clearly hallucinating, but it's good to see his smiling face, even if it is at a time like this.

'Please don't cry. You're one of the strongest people that I've met. Just be sure to keep your eyes open and remember what all that training and hard work was for, ok? Stay safe for me, alright?' The image of Marco asks of me, then disappears.

Abruptly, both Jean and I stand up from being on the ground. We look at each other. From the shocked look on his face, I'm guessing he just saw an image of Marco too.

He gently shakes his head and makes a fist. "Hey, guys? I've got a question for you."

"Hmm?" Ymir, Christa, and Sasha all hum in question.

He turns toward the three of them. "Have you all decided which regiment you're going to join yet? I've made my choice. It'll be rough, but..." He suddenly grabs his wrist and is now shaking. "Damn it...I'm going to join the Scouts!"

I look at him with wide eyes. Is he being serious about this? He's always talked so much about joining the Military Police. Maybe...this is his way of honoring Marco?

(The flashback is now over)

"Ah hell..." Connie sighs, looking away from Jean. "Hey, Annie? Do you think Jean actually meant it? He's actually going to sign up with the Scouts?"

"Wait. Jean said that?" Armin asks, sounding very surprised.

I nod. "Yeah. He sounded like he really meant it too."

"Who cares?" Annie asks rhetorically.

"So, you're sticking with the MPs, huh?" Connie questions. "I'm really starting to think I might go that way too."

I don't blame him. Seeing Titans head on and actually seeing what they do is scary as hell.

"Tell me something." Annie demands. "If someone ordered you to die, would you do it?"

"W-What? Of course not." Connie answers.

"Well, then my advice is do what's best for you." Annie replies. "Now, what about you Armin?"

"Oh..." Armin starts. "Uh, I think I might. If the situation truly called for it and I knew that my sacrifice might save others. Not that I'd want to."

"And you, Y/n?" Annie asks.

"Same as Armin. If I knew my sacrifice was saving the lives of many, I'd do it. I'd willingly put down my life. Now more than ever..."

Annie hums. "So, you two have decided then?"

"Mhm." Armin nods. "We've planned to join the Scouts since the start."

Connie looks between Armin and I. "Come on. Not you guys too..."

"I'm surprised." Annie remarks. "For a couple of mice, you've both got guts. I'll give you that."

"Thanks. I guess..." We both thank simultaneously.

Connie shivers. "I'll never get use to when you two talk at the same time like that..." I let out a really soft chuckle.

"Oh wow!" He quietly exclaims, looking at me. "That's the first I've heard you make any type of joyful sound in six days. Am I the first one to make you do anything like that?"

I shake my head. "I'm afraid not. Two nights ago, Reiner made me laugh. That was only because he accidentally poked me in my ticklish spot when giving me a hug."

He slumps his shoulders. "Damn..."

I didn't think that cheering me up would've turned into some sort of...competition?

"Annie." Armin starts, after Connie and I had ended our conversation. "I'm beginning to suspect that you care more than you let on."

She looks at him. "Huh?"

"Oh. He's not wrong." I say, backing Armin up. "I mean, you're trying to discourage us from joining the Scouts. You're looking out for us and that's very nice of you to do."

"Is that why you're joining the MPs?" Armin asks. "I bet you think you can do some good there too, huh?"

She looks back in front of her. "No. Not really. I just want to live. The only person I'm looking out for is myself."

I can't really tell if she's telling the truth or not. I mean, she's always been really good at hiding her emotions, but if she isn't looking out for us, then...why was she trying to discourage us from joining the Scouts?

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

"Hey, Doll! Come over here real quick!" Reiner calls me over. So, I run over to him. He's with Bertolt, Ymir, and Christa.

Now that it's later in the day and almost dark out, we're finally going to choose which regiment we're joining tonight. I wonder just how many people are going to join the Scouts with Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and I...

"Is something wrong?" I ask, reaching them. "I was heading toward Armin."

Bertolt, whom is sitting on the ground, sighs. "Nothing really. It's just...Reiner and Ymir have been arguing over which regiment they think you're joining."

"I already told them that you said you were joining the Scouts, but Ymir thinks otherwise." Christa adds.

Ymir pulls me over beside her, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "I figured you'd be joining the Garrison after everything you've seen. Not to mention that you'd be safer there too."

"She's already said she's joining the Scouts." Reiner counters. "Three years ago, she told Bertolt and I that she wanted to join to avenge her parents and grandpa and she also wants to go see this thing called a 'sea.'"

"Wow. Reiner...your memory is spot on." I compliment.

Reiner brings a hand to the back of his neck. "Thanks, Doll."

"Huh?!" Ymir practically shouts. "So, you are joining the Scouts?!"

"I told you this already, Ymir." Christa informs.

I nod. "Yeah...I have more reasonable, uhm, reasons as to why I'm joining now, but I don't feel like getting into it. Is...is there something wrong with me joining the Scouts?"

"Don't take any of this the wrong way. We respect your decision. We understand your reasons." Bertolt assures.

"Thank you, Bertolt." I thank. He just nods with an affirmative hum.

"Hey!" Ymir yells. "Don't think you two can whoo one of my blond angels away from me with your 'manly charms.' It isn't going work! She's marrying me! You got it?"

"Ymir-" I start.

"Cadets!" A member of the Military Police interrupts. "Fall in! Head over to the platform! It's time to make your choice! Move it!" We all start making our way to the platform.

"Do any of you know which regiment you're joining?" I ask.

"Sure do, Doll." Reiner replies, putting his arm around my shoulder and pulling me close to him.

His arm soon leaves and is replaced with Ymir's arm, who pulled me close to her. I just assumed that she removed Reiner's arm. "I know too."

I nod and lean forward a bit and to both sides of me to look at Bertolt and Christa. "What about you, Bertolt and Christa?"

"Yeah." Bertolt answers.

Christa nods vigorously. "Mhm!"

"Alright then..." I mumble. "Well, I won't ask, because it's a personal decision, but if you all end up joining the Garrison or Military Police just know that I'll miss you all very much. I thank all of you for becoming friends with me and I pray that you'll be safe wherever you go."

I figured Bertolt was going to join the Military Police, since that's where he said he wanted to go three years ago. Reiner might join the Scouts, but also might join the MP to be with Bertolt. I'm not completely sure about Christa and Ymir though...

Reiner lays his hand on top of my head, pulling me out of my train of thoughts. "That's very considerate of you, Doll."

"I was going to say the same thing, Angel." Ymir replies, putting a teasing emphasis on her nickname for me.

"Doll." Reiner says firmly.

"Don't fi-" I start.

"Angel." Ymir says, sounding just as firm.

"Please don't start fi-" Christa starts.

"Doll." Reiner interrupts, sounding more firm than the first time.

"Angel." Ymir practically seethes through her teeth. I shake my head slightly. They're literally fighting over their nicknames for me.

I sigh. "If it's fine with you all, I'd like to go find Armin now."

Bertolt steps in between the two glaring at each other, pushing them away from each other. "Go on."

"We'll talk to you later!" Christa adds.

I nod. "Bye."

I run into the crowd, jumping to see if I can see Armin, but it's almost useless to do so, because of my height. However, I did see that he's in the front with Mikasa. So, I push myself through people, excusing myself to reach him.

"I'm here." I inform, finally getting beside him. It was even harder for me to get through everyone, because everyone is trying to get in semi-straight rows, before Commander Erwin comes.

"Are you doing okay?" He asks.

I nod. "Yeah. I was going to join you guys earlier, but Reiner called me over."

"I noticed that. What was that about?" Mikasa asks.

"Him and Ymir were arguing over which regiment they thought I was joining, so I confirmed them that I was joining the Scouts." I explain.

Armin looks down. "I wonder if it'll just be us three and Jean joining Eren..."

"So, Jean said he was definitely joining the Scouts?" I ask.

He nods. "Yeah. That happened while you were over with those four."

"Mmm..." I hum. "Well, I was wondering if anyone else would join us too earlier..."

"Cadets!" The same member of the Military Police from earlier exclaims, making us all stand at attention with our arms behind our backs. "The commander will now speak." He runs off the platform.

Commander Erwin then walks on and into the center of the platform and faces all of us. "Good evening. I am Erwin Smith, commander of the Survey Corps, also known as the Scout Regiment. Tonight, you will choose your regiment. Let's cut to the chase here. The Scouts need you. We need all the warm bodies we can get. After the recent Titan attack, you now know first-hand the horrors of which they are capable. As well as the limits of your own skill."

Skill? I can't say that I have the skills needed for the Scouts, but maybe I'll be of more help for them in strategic matters. I do want to kill a Titan though...

The commander continues. "However, this battle's aftermath gave humanity a new chance for victory. I refer to Eren Jaeger. After selflessly risking life and limb, he has proven, beyond a doubt, his unwavering loyalty to our cause. Hope lives in him. Eren didn't just help to deter the Titan invasion. He's offered us a means to discern the truth of their origin!"

This causes the crowd, including Armin, Mikasa, and I, to gasp unsimultaneously. This also started a small chatter throughout the crowd.

The chatter soon stopped under the commander's gaze. "Intel suggests that the cellar of Jaeger's home in Shiganshina holds a vital secret regarding our enemy. We will form an expedition to find this secret. Find it and use it to break free from the Titan's tyrannical hundred-year reign once and for all."

Did this whole thing really need to go out into the public? I mean, I know that the Scouts need more recruits, but still. I don't think it's safe for this information to be out in the open like this. Maybe he's trying to catch a traitor that's among us..?

"Before we can reach the aforementioned cellar in Shiganshina, another problem must be dealt with." The commander starts to explain. "We must first retake Wall Maria. Of course, this is much easier said than done."

He turns toward a man and a woman, both Scouts, who are holding open a map. "Now that the gate at Trost has been rendered inaccessible, we'll be forced to stage future operations from the Calanath District, further east."

He turns back toward us. "Thus, the battalion route we've spent the last four years establishing is now completely useless to us. Over the course of those four years, we've incurred losses in excess of 60%. 60% in four years. That's a horrifying figure."

I'm surprised it's not more than 60%. I mean, this is the regiment with the highest death rate, but that's not going to stop me from joining. I already made my mind up five years ago...

"One month from now." The commander starts. "We will conduct a recon mission outside the walls. Recruits from among your ranks will be expected to take part. I estimate a third of them will die. After four years, most will be dead, but those who endure will be amongst the most capable soldiers alive."

He looks down shortly, before looking back up at us. "Now having heard this dismal state of affairs, whoever still wishes to put their life on the line and join us, remain here. First, ask yourself...can you give your heart? Can you give everything for humanity? That is all. Those wanting to join other regiments are dismissed."

A man comes onto the platform. "Commander. I think you overly intimidated the cadets, sir. Not many are going to stay."

Just like that, many people start leaving the area to go join the Garrison or, for certain people, the Military Police. I don't even want to join the Garrison. The Garrison doesn't seem like something I'd wanna do until I die.

Once everyone had left, I look around behind me to see that Jean, Connie, Sasha, Reiner, Bertolt, Ymir, Christa, and a few others have stayed. I'm surprised that some of them have stayed, like Bertolt, Sasha, Connie. They said that they we're going to join the MP.

"I ask you, if you were ordered to die, could you do it?" The commander asks.

"We don't want to die, sir!" A cadet replies.

The slightest smile comes across the commander's face. "Of course. Let us hope that you don't then. You who have stayed, you are now one of us. Allow me to officially welcome you to the Scout Regiment. This is a genuine salute, soldiers!" He salutes. "Together, we give our hearts!"

"Sir!" We all chime together and salute.

I'm glad my friends are here, but...I just hope we can all live long lives together here in the Scouts.

"Those of you standing here have worked through your fear. You have proven yourselves courageous. Each one of you has my respect." The commander remarks.

There's no turning back now. We're officially members of the Survey Corps and tomorrow...is our very first day as Scouts.

A/N: Hey, Scouts! I really have no words for this chapter, at least, not at the moment. I might come back later and change it.

So, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I also hope you all don't mind saying 'Scouts' now that you're officially a Scout! Have a wonderful rest of your day/evening/night! Bye, Scouts!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

37.1K 876 40
After discovering her power, Emma and Eren find a way off the paradise island. Towards the other titan shifters. Emma was the key to help them free...
151K 4K 15
Eren Jaeger has an older sister who joined the Scout Regiment against her mother and father's wishes. She leaves the Scouts to look after Armin, Eren...
105K 1.8K 17
Reminder: I don't own Attack on Titan or this story. This story belongs to ii-phoenix-ii on fanfiction.net. The gang returns to react to season 2. [N...
16.6K 493 17
[DONT READ IF YOURE NOT CAUGHT UP WITH SNK.] {NOT EDITED, so excuse the spelling errors, grammar errors or plot errors. I'm not too big when it comes...