Opposites Attract

By syastories

She hasn't been back here in 6 years. Since the fire. Her family is dead, her home burnt to the ground. She l... More

Main Cast
Aesthetic
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Bonus Scene
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 30

3.4K 123 6
By syastories

Florence bounds into the kitchen, a week or so later, looking happier than ever.

"What's got you in a good mood?" Chris asks

"I finally was able to get in contact with Deaton, he said that he's doing someone at Eichen a favor and that he will ask a source of his about what is going on with Derek." She says,

"Eichen? Someone at Eichen is going to know about what's happening to Derek?" Chris asks, confused

Florence nods. "They have a whole part dedicated to supernatural creatures, it's not listed in the brochure or even mentioned really, it's top secret."

"So, how do you know about it?"

"Talia. There were some.. unsavory people in this town who ended up being sent there, like Valack" Before Chris can ask more about Valack, having heard the name from Gerard before, Florence's phone goes off, distracting her.

"Shit" she hisses. "It's Derek. I gotta go over to his place." She quickly grabs her things

"What happened?" Chris asks

"Lydia showed up at his place, screaming" she states before rushing out of the house.

Florence throws open the door to the loft, seeing Scott there, along with a bag of money.

"Oh" she says, seeing the money and getting distracted. "Deadpool money?" She asks

Derek nods. "Scott brought it here, under the assumption it was mine."

Florence snorts. "Oh sweetheart, this money is Peter's. Honestly, it's probably best he doesn't see it. He's got enough of it."

"W-what do you mean?" Scott asks with his puppy eyes and a confused expression on his face. "Where's your money?"

"You're standing on it" Derek says

Scott looks down at the floor in confusion before looking back up at the two hale's with a surprised expression "there's another vault?" He asks

Derek chuckles and Florence hides her smile. "No" Derek says. "I own the building and I have my own bank accounts. All the money from the vault was Peter's. And like Florence said, it might be a good idea that the rest doesn't get back to him"

Scott looks towards Florence. "Where's your money?"

"I own a few apartment buildings in San Francisco, and just like Derek, I have my own accounts... and a vault somewhere." She sees the surprised expression on both Derek and Scott's faces. "Not telling you where"

Derek gets up and shuts the bag, but notices Scott's expression.

"I know Lydia was here last night" the alpha states

"That's what I'm here about too." Florence adds on. "Deacon's calling in a few favors and asking some people he know about whatever Kate did to you"

"If anyone can find an answer, its him" Scott adds on. he looks at his phone as it goes off. "Look, I have to go, but can I ask you for a favor?"

Derek nods.

"I want to plan a date with Kira, and was hoping I could use your loft for it. It would just be a movie night with her, but I wanted to make it special" Scott says with a sheepish smile

Florence aww silently. Young love.

"That's fine. Just, please don't have sex in here" Derek says

Scott turns red. "N-no we won't I promise. Thank you Derek" he rushes off, saying quick byes.

Florence looks at Derek. "Look at you, turning all soft Mr. Hale. Last year I dont think you would have let him know where you loft was."

He shrugs. "Things change." He pauses a moment. "Now, about you having a vault no one knows about.."

"I'm not telling you where it is, or what's inside" she says, turning to leave

"I feel like I should know for security purposes!" He exclaims as she leaves his loft, laughing.

Florence sits at home later that night, checking her phone every few minutes. "Chris, where are you?" She mutters.

Down in the sewers, Chris stood, trapped against the wall, a pipe lodged in his side and bent around him.

"They're gone" he breathes out as Parrish makes his way through the sewers. "You've been following him?"

"Everyday since Meredith Walker." Parrish says. "Peter hale did this?"

"Kate is going after Scott. She's working with Peter. You have to let them know" Chris breathes out in a raspy voice

"I can't, there's no service down here"

"Then just go. Warn them" Chris pants out

"If I leave right now, you'll be dead by the time I get back" Parrish says, using his flashlight on the pipe in Chris' side. "We're getting you out of here. For Florence"

Chris closes his eyes, allowing Parrish to help him. For Florence.

Parrish starts trying to bend the pipe back, to try and get it out of Chris but it won't budge.

"I'm sorry" Parrish says, panting. "I can't do it myself. It's not bending back or coming out of the wall."

"Leave" Chris whispers out.

"I can't." He stands up. "I need you to help me. I know you're hurt and tired, but I need you to gather whatever strength you have left to help."

"I've got nothing" Chris says.

"Just grab the bar" Parrish tries reasoning.

Chris's face shows that he's given up. "There's no use. I have no strength left. No one is going to come looking for us. It's over"

"It's not over. Think about Florence, or your baby. Do you really want to miss out on everything good in your life? Miss out on the birth of your child? Or miss out on seeing Florence? You know what you need? Adrenaline. There's two ways to get it. Fear or anger. And since you don't look like the type of guy to get scared easily. Let's get you angry. SO angry that your brain lets loose every bit of adrenaline left."

"I'm too tired to be angry"

"Okay. I don't know much about what you've been through, but Lydia told me some of it. I know about Allison, and how she felt about Scott, how she felt about you and Florence. I think if she knew what was happening with Scott, and what Peter did to you, she'd be pretty angry. At least angry enough to try one more time to get the hell out of here. SO whatever trigger you need, if it's Allison, your sister, Peter, or your father, use it!" Jordan says

Chris thinks about everything. He thinks about how his father ruined his relationship with Florence, how he manipulated Allison, was the reason his wife killed herself. He thinks about Kate, and how she's threatened Florence, how Kate tried to get her claws into Allison, turn her into a mini version of herself. He thinks about how Peter has no regard for his sister, how he would be the reason Chris doesn't see his future child grow up, or see Florence ever again. He uses those thoughts and with the help of Jordan, is free from the pipe.

Florence paces. No one has seen Chris. She opens her front door at the sound of steps.

"Stiles?" She asks, feeling slightly disappointed that it wasn't Chris.

"We need your help. Kate took Scott and Kira. Deaton said you need to come with us."

Florence checks her phone again, seeing no message from Chris, before nodding. "Lead the way."

They arrive at a warehouse, where Braden pulls up in a prisoner transport van.

"Where'd you get that?" Stiles asks

"I'm a U.S. Marshall" she states

Stiles falters. "Yeah, i-i thought that was just a cover" he says

Derek exits his car. "Are we really bringing him?" He asks pointing to Liam

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles asks pointing to Peter.

"We're bringing everyone that we can" Peter says before noticing Florence. "Are we really bringing her?"

Florence and Derek both glare at Peter. "Shut up" they say in sync

"Considering that Scott and Kira were both taken the night before a full moon, we should get going" Peter says snarkily.

"A regular werewolf can't steal a true alpha's power, only their betas can, but Kate is a Nagual Jaguar. We don't know if she will have the ability to steal his power" Florence explains. "And with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her.... It's possible."

"So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say let's get going" Peter says

"We can't, not without Lydia" Stiles says.

"Where's Lydia?" Florence asks

"We have Kira's sword, but that doesn't give us a strong enough scent, so she went to the school to get a jacket out of her locker" Malia explains

Stiles walks back over from his phone call. "She's not answering"

"She can catch up to us" Braeden points out

"No, what if something happened, what if she's in trouble" Stiles says

"How about you stay, find her and we go along without you?" Peter says

Florence has had it with Peter's snide remarks today. "Shut up Peter"

"I could call mason, he has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her" Liam says, grabbing his phone to call Mason

"Call your dad too. See if he could pop by and make sure she's okay. I don't think Mason will be able to help if she actually is in trouble." Florence points out. Stiles nods, making a call to his dad as well.

"Okay, so who's riding with who?" Peter asks, breaking the silence

"I am not riding with you" Derek says to Peter, walking over to Braeden

"Yeah, I gotta help chain Liam up, so... no" Stiles says, walking towards the van with Liam trailing behind him

"I'll go with you" Malia says to Peter

Florence looks at Peter suspiciously. "I'll go with you two as well. Might be safer for me than a newly turned werewolf on his second full moon"

Everyone starts moving to their respected rides, but Derek stops Florence. "You going to be okay with him?"

She nods. "I don't trust him alone with Mali. He's manipulative. Plus I really would rather not sit near Liam during his shift. No offense to him"

Derek nods. "Okay, be careful"

"You too"

Malia is waiting outside of the car. "Do you want front or backseat?"

"I'll take front. You good with the back?"

The teen nods, getting into the car.

"Well, a little family road trip. This is fun isn't it?" Peter says as they drive, the prison van following behind them

Florence turns the radio on, making sure the music is at a higher volume, to avoid taking with Peter.

He, however, does not take the hint no one wants to talk with him. He looks at Malia through the rearview window. "You worried about stiles?" He asks

"I'm worried about everyone" she states plainly, staring out the window at the passing view.

"Do I need to be worried about you?" He asks, trying to avoid bringing up the subject of his deal with Malia. "There's going to be berserkers there with Kate. We have to go through them to get to Scott and Kira. Trust me, it's going to get messy"

Florence immediately becomes invested in this. Looking between Peter and Malia.

"Scott says we don't kill people. Actually, everyone but you says that." Malia points out

"You think Scott would kill to save Kira? Would you? Kill to save Stiles?" Peter asks

"Peter, stop it. Whatever you are trying to accomplish won't work" Florence says.

Malia doesn't answer anyway, she doesn't want to. Instead, she stares at the moon.

Peter notices, and decides to continue talking. "The full moon. You're going to need that power" he says

"Malia, what has Peter asked you to do?" Florence looks at the young girl

"He wants me to kill Kate."

Florence's head whips to look at Peter, who is staring at the road. "If you weren't driving right now I would maim you. You asked your daughter, who you are supposed to protect, to commit a murder for you? Why? You too scared to kill someone? You have had no remorse before, even when you killed your own niece"

Malia snorts at Florence ripping into her brother. "She's right"

"Malia, you do what you feel is right. I'm not going to try and tell you what to do. What did he offer you in return?"

"Information on my mother, my birth mother"

Florence looks at Peter again. "You are giving her information on the Desert Wolf? Seriously?"

The ride is silent the rest of the time. Florence, too angry at Peter to talk to him, and Malia, too annoyed with Peter to talk with him.

The car finally stops, when everyone gets out, a berserker attacks Derek, pinning him to a rock and beating him.

"Derek!" Florence exclaims, rushing to help, Braeden following her. The Mercenary start shooting at the berserker, Florence using her claws and attacking it in a weak spot on it's leg. The two, working together, manage to get the berserker away from Derek for a moment.

But it was too late. Derek had already been stabbed by the bone of the berserker. Florence and Braeden rush over.

Everyone else rushes out of the cars to see what happened.

He's leaning against the rock, sitting on the ground and breathing heavily. Florence grabs his arm, taking some pain before he stops her.

"Stop, you're going" he pants out "to hurt yourself. Please"

Florence looks at Derek with teary eyes. "I have too. Your-your in pain"

He gives her a weak smile.

"How bad it is?" Peter asks

"I'm fine. I'm fine. Get to Scott" Derek says to everyone

"Derek.." Florence whispers out.

"Just find him. We'll be right behind you" Derek says. He looks towards Florence. "You have to go with them."

"I can't leave you Derek. We both know you aren't okay" She whispers to him

"You can't leave Peter in charge of them" Derek pants out. "I'll be fine. Everything will be fine. I promise."

"I've got him. I promise" Braeden says

Florence reluctantly gets up, as she moves to leave, Derek calls out for her.

"Thank you. For everything. For dealing with me, for raising me." He says to her. He winces in pain.

she moves back to him, hugging him. "It was my pleasure to do that Derek. I would it again for you"

"Go, go save him" he says, looking at Florence then to Stiles

Florence shakes her head. "No, no I-i can't leave you like this." She says, turning to Stiles. "I can't. Call for me. I'll find you guys"

He nods, understanding why she couldn't go and runs into the temple to find Scott.

Derek keeps wincing in pain, groaning and blood has started dripping from his mouth.

"Lydia was right" he pants out.

Florence and Braeden both look at each other.

"No she wasn't. You're going to be fine" Braeden says, reassuring him, even though she wasn't sure of the outcome.

"It's a mortal wound." Derek says. "And right now, I'm feeling pretty mortal."

"We aren't going to let you die Derek" Florence says, Braeden nods, agreeing with her

Their heads all look up, hearing a loud growling sound.

"You both might uh, have to concentrate on saving yourselves" Derek quips

Florence stands up, listening closely for any more noises

Braeden, follows her, holding her gun up in defense. "Stay with him. I'll go check out what's going on" she says to the pregnant werewolf

Florence nods, moving to kneel by Derek, grabbing his arm and taking more pain from him.

Braeden mutters a small curse to herself, something Florence picks up on.

"Who's there?" She whispers to Braeden

"You don't want to know" the mercenary says back, prepping herself for a fight with Kate and a berserker

Braeden starts shooting at the berserker, who grabs her and holds her up against the wall by her throat

"How much did they pay you?" Kate asks her

"Way more than you're worth" Florence says, bringing the attention over to her.

"Ah, the pregnant bitch" Kate says

The inevitable fight is interrupted by the humming of a car moving closer.

Men get out of the cars and start shooting at Kate and the berserker

Another car pulls up, Jordan sitting in the drivers seat and Chris getting out and standing by the hood, both shooting towards the enemy.

Florence rushes over to Braeden as Kate and thee berserker retreat, the Calaveras men following them.

"Are you okay?" She asks her

The mercenary nods, rubbing her throat.

The two move closer to Derek, who is barely conscious at this point.

"Derek" Braeden says, not getting a response. "Derek"

He opens his eyes, not much but slightly. He sends a weak smile to Braeden before moving his hand over to Florence's, putting it on top of hers.

Florence listens as his heart beat slows until it eventually stops.

Tears are streaming down Florence's face. She just sits there staring at her nephew. Braeden is next to her, calling out for Derek to wake up.

"What do we do now?" Braeden asks

Florence looks at the girl with a numb look on her face. "We go after Kate"

She gets up and moves closer to where the gunfire was. It's eerily silent now, everyone waiting for the sound of movement.

"Kate!" She exclaims, grabbing the were jaguar's attention

Florence walks over to where she is hiding, grabbing her arm, and flipping her onto the ground.

Kate struggles, trying to land a hit on Florence, who is dodging every hit coming towards her.

Chris watches in confusion as Florence fights Kate, and is winning.

He looks over towards Braeden, who hasn't moved from her spot next to Derek, who isn't moving. Chris looks down, understanding why Florence was acting this way.

He hands his gun to Parrish, and walks towards the fighting.

"Florence." He says, but the werewolf ignores him. "Florence"

He moves and steps in between the two, giving the Calaveras' men the chance to shoot at Kate and the berserker.

Florence glares at him. all she can feel right now is anger.

Chris slowly moves closer, eventually wrapping his arms around his ex-girlfriend.

Florence doesn't move, she freezes for a moment. Her resolve drops and she puts all her weight onto Chris, and sobs.

He looks over to Parrish who is just confused. Chris tilts his head in Derek's direction, giving the deputy the reason for Florence's outburst.

The Calaveras men were still fighting Kate and the Berserker, but Florence couldn't deal with it.

A wolf howling stops any movement.

Florence pulls away from Chris.

A wolf comes running over to the fight, showcasing bright blue eyes.

"Derek" Florence whispers laughing.

The wolf attacks Kate, sending her down to the ground. The wolf shifts into a man, Derek, who stands over Kate.

Florence and Braeden laugh in relief.

"You.. you were dead" Kate says to him

"I was evolving. Like my mom, Like my aunt. Something you'll never do" he says, flicking his gaze over to his aunt

The berserker moves to attack Derek, but Derek kills it quickly.

Kate gets up to escape, and Chris shoots her with a bullet of yellow wolfsbane.

She falls to the ground in pain, but pushes through and runs off, Chris following her.

The two make it into the temple. Chris leaning against the wall, supporting his weight.

"You don't want to kill me Chris" Kate says to him

"No, but I won't save you anymore either"

Kate scoffs. "Just like when we were kids. Always making me the bad guy. You can't see them clearly anymore, can you? Scott's not your little hero. None of them are. Not even your little pregnant girlfriend. Not when they killed Allison."

"Allison died. She died saving her friends. Who would you die for? Hmm? I know who I would die for. " Chris spits out

"You're not gonna kill me." Kate says moving around Chris. "And you're not gonna catch me. Not you. Not Peter. Not the Calaveras." She runs off after finishing

The sun is beginning to rise. Florence and the rest of the group, including the teenagers are standing outside of the temple.

"Theres enough yellow wolfsbane to keep him out for the entire ride back. Maybe even longer" Chris says

"You're really going with them?" Scott asks, flicking his eyes towards Florence.

"I made a deal weeks ago. The Calaveras will leave you alone. All of you. But only if I help them catch Kate."

"Will you be back?" Scott asks

Chris nods. "I will. I'll find her." he looks over at Florence and walks towards her.

"Hi" he says

"Hi"

"I'll be back. I don't have a set timeline on my deal. I said I would go with them for a few months, but I will be back by April. I promise. I won't miss this" he says, rubbing his hand on her protruding stomach

She gives him a watery smile. "You better call me all the time. Or I will come find you"

He chuckles. "I will." He kisses her forehead and moves to leave.

Florence grabs his jacket, pulling him to her and kissing his lips.

"Say goodbye properly. I'm having your kid for god's sake" she jokes

He smiles at her before backing away to leave with the Calaveras.

"So, what do we do with Peter? When we get back to Beacon Hills?" Stiles asks

"Oh I have a lovely place to bring him. Full of people just like him." Florence says smiling at the group.

She walks towards the car, opening the door to get in.

"You know, I think I'm more scared of her than I am of berserkers" Stiles says to the group.

Liam nods his head, agreeing while Scott, Malia and Kira laugh.

Hi!

So, I'm at the end of S4! don't worry, I still have some loose ends I want to tie up in the next few chapters. 

Also, just to clarify, the reason, Florence didn't know much about what was happening with Derek is because of how different their circumstances were. Her evolution was triggered by Deucalion biting her, No one knew what Kate did to Derek. The symptoms (is that the right word?), were similar yes, but she was dealing with a lot during this time as well. 

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy. Please vote and comment!

p.s. I have an idea for a Derek hale fic, I might want to put that one out next, not sure. still need to finish this one first

-Stacy 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

954K 36.1K 86
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
429K 17.5K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
870K 40.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
113K 5.7K 54
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...