Finding Myself

By mary4561

Derek Hale lives a very boring life. He has been a cop for over ten years with no chance of promotion. His d... More

Place holder
Chapter 1
While you wait
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17(16)
chapter 18
chapter 19
part 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
chapter 26a
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29

Chapter 2

24 0 0
By mary4561

"Why not the police.? Answers Derek.

"American police just seems to kill a lot of unarmed black people and you seem like a decent guy.."

"You're British Stiles so you don't understand our ways and a few bad apples give us all a bad name."

"You're right I don't but I'm black and I understand racism. Let's talk about something else. How is your family?"

"You don't know them."

"Indulge me tell me all about them."

"My parents have been together since forever and my sister Laura is a teacher and my younger sister Cora is training to become a lawyer."

"Any uncles?"

"The way you ask that question tells me you already know the answer to the question."

"You wound me Derek Hale. Wound I tell you?"

"You didn't tell me your last name Stiles."

"How about Stilinski."

"Is that you actual last name or did you just make that up on the spot?"

"You're very suspicious Derek Hale."

"Tell me about your family Stiles."

"There isn't much to tell. Oh wait there's I'm the golden child. Like you my mum and dad have been together for ages. My brothers have flown the nest and they live all over Europe."

"What's it like living over there I mean it's so fancy. You have France for a start."

"I lived there for  five years and it was amazing then I lived all over Europe but I was happy to go back to England couple years ago."

"You have an American fiancée when did you move here?" Ask Derek.

"Couple months ago."

"I never asked you what you did for a living or your age Stiles."

"I'm thirty-two and I run the family's butcher businesses."

"That must be nice."

"Not really I'm surrounded by dead things all day."

"What don't tell me you're a vegan."

"I'm surrounded by old people all day. Why dead came out my mouth I'll never know.  How long does it take to drive from California to Vegas?" Ask Stiles.

"Just over five hours."

"That's too long we should fly."

"We can't I don't have my passport."

She search in her bag for something. She pulls out the blue passport. She opens it and starts to cackle , "Your picture is hilarious."

He stops the car, "You have my passport. Where! How?"

"Officer Hale if I know your name and all about your family. Why are you shocked I have your passport?"

"It wasn't at my house it was at my parents house."

"I know your mother was misty eyed when I told her we were going to Vegas to elope."

"You told my mother what!"

"I didn't know men's voice could get that high. The thing is Der I was in my wedding dress. I had to make up a good excuse why I needed it."

"My parents have never met you but just gave you something so precious to me."

"I know it doesn't sound smart when you say it like that."

She have a look through her phone and Derek sees the tense look on her face.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, my friend is pregnant again and I'm sad I won't see her ever again."

"Cara, trains and automobiles exist for a reason Stiles."

"I know it's just my time with her is done."

"Losing a friend is never easy."

"Oh we are still friends we talk and FaceTime all the time. We just never see each other in person."

"Then you haven't lost a friend then."

"I guess you're right."

Several hours later, "Ms Stilinski it's a pleasure to have you with us".

"Thank you," Stiles takes her passport from the woman at immigration and wait while they check Derek's.

They head to the strip and find a hotel to stay in . Derek goes to place his bag on the bed then realises he doesn't have one. "We each have a bag next to the bedside table. Everything you need is in it. Oh we need to sign the forms for the marriage to take place."

"I'm sure your scumbag ex and best friend are or have done that already."

"I meant for us to get married Derek."

"You fell and hit your head earlier didn't you Stiles?"

"My dear husband I have not."

"I'm not your husband."

She bends in front of him on the bed, "Not yet."

"Am I on a new reality tv show or something?"

"Is that why you have barely asked any intelligent questions since you met me?"

"Look clearly you think you're smarter than me."

"Why governor, why would I think that? Can you unzip me please I need to have a shower and look presentable for my wedding day."

"I'm not marrying you."

She laughs, "Never change."

"I mean it."

"Of course you do dear husband and try not to disappear while I'm gone."

Once Derek unzips her she goes into the bathroom and shower and change into more comfortable clothes.

She wasn't surprise to see him still in the room watching tv. "You're still here?"

"You have security men outside the room so of course I'm still here."

She turns "How do I look?" She was wearing a yellow and white summer dress.

"Like I want to leave Vegas right now."

"Patient we will I just need you to do me one tiny favour first."

"I'm not marrying you and how is  it the forms are all filled out already and we only just met?"

"My grandmother and grandfather got married in Paris and my gran wore this dress. It's a bit old fashion but it's a classic so it's back in fashion."

"Did you not hear me?"

"I heard you husband."

"Then why are you acting like this marriage will still go ahead?"

"It must go ahead for all our sakes. I can't tell you now but I will after the marriage. Her phone pings, "They're moving we need to go."

"Who?"

"My ex and my former bestie  and we need to give our wedding detail to the correct people."

"I'm surprise you didn't already have a certificate signed and sealed with our date and time of marriage already."

"Look if you do this for me Derek I'll give you one million dollars. You could pay off your house and help your family out."

"Why me and what's in it for you?"

"I need to be married to be able to keep running the family's business."

"What seriously in this day and age?"

"I know it's sad. Now can you please get ready I don't want you to wear your uniform to our wedding."

He looks through the bag. "Actually there's a suit hang up in the bathroom for you."

When they were both suited and booted they walk downstairs hand in hand to a waiting limousine. "Thank you for doing this for me."

"You're welcome and I'm only doing this for the money."

They make their way to the record office and give in their notice of marriage. "Let's go for something to eat since we have to wait a while.," suggest Derek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 1K 13
Stiles and Derek have a short lived relationship. After being apart for a month, Derek suggests they be friends with Benefits. No strings attached. ...
231K 9K 21
Stiles Stilinski has always led an ordinary, quite life. His father is the sheriff and his mom is deceased so he's always alone at home. That lonelin...
87.3K 3.4K 33
Stiles had been keeping a secret from The Pack since the vampires came to town. Lydia, being the genius she is, works it out. Derek, on the other han...
7.5K 218 24
Scott McCall has been a werewolf for a few months now, but his life hasn't really gotten any easier since he defeated Peter. His crush still doesn't...