His doll (You play, I play)

By Youranonlovewriter

He's back, Two years after disappearing he came back again. Dangerously empty and stronger. He's taken his r... More

Introduction
PRELUDE
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty: The calm
Chapter forty one: The storm
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
Chapter forty nine
Chapter fifty: I love you.
EPILOGUE
THANK YOU.

Chapter forty two

24K 628 1.2K
By Youranonlovewriter

Three hours,
It's been three hours since we found Alexa by the door almost completely passed out.

These entire three hours after she woke up, she's been with Bruno. They're still upstairs in her room, she refuses to talk to anyone except him. I understand that  he's the closest person she has here, and that she seemed very shaken up when she woke up – like she couldn't believe that she was here, with us.

Yet I can't help the small pit in my stomach – call it jealousy, or whatever. I know they have history, a lot of it that me and him don't share. She's known him since he was a teenager, she's been there for most parts of his journey on becoming the man he is today.

"I'm still confused, tell me again who this Alexa is?" Bella asks, shifting in her seat. Luca and Pablo have been trying to talk with them, but the door is closed, and they didn't want to cause her more stress. Bruno said something to them in Spanish and they've been on their computers ever since then.

"She's Bruno's childhood friend. She's also the only girl in their gang, she's been in it since Xander took over the gang after his father passed away." I give her the short version.
I don't know Alexa that well, but the parts I saw of her when I met her did not make a good impression. She was obsessed with Xander, even when he was with Luna.

Luna used to tell me that Alexa wasn't a bad person, that she was just very insecure and reckless but she had her good sides too and that Xander trusted her for a reason. I'm sure she's right, but she also always focused on the best in people, I'm quite the opposite. The only good part of Alexa I saw was when she took care of Luna when she got sick. She didn't stay for long though, It got too much for her - seeing Luna like that.

"And we don't like her?" Bella asks,
"I didn't say that!" I say, I mean... I don't. But I won't make it clear unless I must.
"You didn't have to, your face told me everything I needed to know when you saw her with Bruno."
I sigh, there's no running away from that. "They just, they have some history."

Bella puts her phone down and gives me her complete attention.
"History? They fucked?" A small growl from Pablo catches our attention as he throws a glance at us, Bella rolls her eyes – "slept together, I mean."
"God no – or I don't know, I'm not sure." I say, we haven't really talked about this. "He just, he used to like her."
"Oh.." Bella says, "so we really don't like her."

Pablo stands up from his seat for the first time in three hours, and heads towards us.
"You are both going to be nice to her, she's distressed and for Alexa Puerto to look like that, something really bad must have happened so stop acting like children and start behaving." He takes a seat next to Bella and places her on his lap, "especially you little brat."
"If you insist." She rolls her eyes. 

Pablo's attention turns to me, "Whatever Bruno felt for Alexa is in the past. He cares about her a lot, because she's been there for him through tough times but that's all it is. An old important friendship."

I hate that as a grown woman I still need that confirmation, yet I can't lie – hearing Pablo say that, does make it a little better.

A door opens from upstairs, and soon enough Bruno comes into the picture. He looks tired, frustrated and mad. He doesn't look at us, or me. Instead, he just says - "Luca and Pablo, kitchen, now." And disappears into the kitchen.

They both follow him shortly, Bella huffs when Pablo has to leave again and then she turns to me with a smile, "should we eavesdrop?"

"No." I say, if we get caught, we'll look bad and it would be embarrassing. Plus, it sounds private.
"Come on, I know you want too!" I do, but I don't want to push unless Bruno wants to speak himself.
"No."

She huffs like a child, "Suit yourself, I'm going."
"No Bella!" I whisper yell, but she doesn't stop. Damn it, I stand up and follow her shortly to make sure she doesn't get herself in any trouble. I find her hiding behind a wall, throwing sneaky glances at the guys.
"I don't understand what they're saying!"

I take a stand next to her and listen. The guys are switching between English and Spanish. Pablo and Luca look like they're in disbelief, while Bruno looks mad.
"I can't believe he would go that far." Pablo says,
"He's a fucking psychopath." Luca counters,
"I'm going to kill him." Bruno says, slamming his hand down on the table.

Bella tries to inch closer, "Who is he?" She asks not taking her eyes away from them. I don't answer because I'm not sure myself, but I heard the word kidnap in there and I'm starting to think that maybe Alexa was kidnapped.. She couldn't have been? Could she? That would explain why I haven't seen her since I came to New York, I thought she was doing work in Mexico though.

"I want all our men on him, today!" Bruno snaps, I haven't seen him this angry in a long time. Before the guys have the chance to answer, Alexa comes out of the corner. Her eyes are red and puffy, and her hair is a mess. I've never seen her this "Messy", she's always so put together and on a high horse.

"No, Bruno please, you promised." She says with a low voice, as she walks towards Bruno. She's wearing his shirt. His shirt. I know she didn't have anything with her when she came and her clothes were dirty, but I or Bella could've lent her something. Not that she would've accepted.
"Alexa, I can't. He fucking hurt you, he stole you!" Bruno yells back, she startles, and his entire demeanor softens, "I'm sorry."

She gets closer, her icy blue eyes are looking at the floor.
"He didn't h-hurt me." Her voice is soft and low, it's like a different person is standing in front of me and not the mean girl I met a couple of years ago. She looks broken.
"Leave us." Bruno orders, the guys nod and leave a second later, giving them alone time.

Bruno turns to Alexa, his expression softens entirely as he looks down at her. He looks angry but also sad,
"I know you don't think he did, but he did – he hurt you, if not physically then mentally." He says softly, like if he raises his voice she'll break. She looks up at him and her eyes look disconnected from reality, they're getting glossy, and she starts breathing heavily.

"It's okay, it's okay now." Bruno says, wrapping his arms around her. "You're safe, I promise that he won't get to you again, ever."

"B-bruno," She sobs, "there's still something I haven't t-told you."
"Shh, we'll figure it out. I need you to rest, then we'll figure it all out."

We'll figure it out.
We'll.
We.
Us.

I take a deep breathe, and I leave before the overthinking starts. Before the unnecessary jealousy takes over.

I head to our room, and I lay down on the bed. A hundred different thoughts swarm around my head, most of them bad. My stomach drops for each lingering thought, but soon enough I fall asleep while hoping that it'll get better soon.

You're overreacting Amalie, she's his childhood friend. He cares about her, that doesn't mean he'll end up feeling something for her again.

But what if he does?
What if he realizes that he isn't over her?
What if he hasn't said he loves me because he's thinking about her?
What if this brings them closer and he leaves?

I wake up and every suffocating thought and doubt is gone when I feel the two familiar warm arms around me.

I don't even realize how much I'm smiling as I brush my fingers against the tatted skin. I turn around slowly and see his parted lips as soft snores leave his mouth. He looks exhausted, I'm not sure when he came to bed.

When I look outside though, I see how dark it is and realize that I've woken up in the middle of the night. I look back at him and press some soft kisses on his face. He doesn't open his eyes, but he notices and starts giving me lazy kisses back.

"Go to sleep little devil." He whispers in a tired voice, causing me to smile.
"But if I'm asleep, I can't do this." I say, kissing him. "And this," I mutter brushing my fingers against his hair,
"Mhm." He smiles in his sleep, "maybe you shouldn't sleep."

I snuggle closer to him, and his arms tighten around me as we get ready to fall asleep again.

Cries, loud cries come from the wall next to ours – followed with a muffled screams causing Bruno to jolt up from bed with me following behind.

We both rush straight into Alexa's room, and only minutes later Pablo, Luca and Bella are standing by the doorframe too.

Alexa is crying and sobbing, like she's just woken up from a nightmare. She looks completely shaken up and has the same empty look from earlier, like she's disconnected from reality.
"H-he's coming, h-h-he's coming!" She sobs, and even I start feeling bad.

I don't know who he is, or what he did but it seems like he's made sure to engrave himself.

"Alexa," Bruno says, trying to wake her up from whatever trance she's in. "No one's here, he's not coming, he won't get to you again."
"He already did!" She screams, "he already did and you couldn't stop him!"
The twins look at each other, then at Bruno as his expression turns upside down like he's just been stabbed by words.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm here now, I'm not going anywhere –you're safe with me, I promise."

I'm not going anywhere.
You're safe with me, I promise.

God, how selfish do I have to be to let such words cause a wave of jealousy inside me when a girl is in tears and barely connected to reality. She's been kidnapped and has nightmares about her kidnapper while I'm here getting a disgusting feeling in my stomach because Bruno is trying to help the closest friend, he's had these past years.

She finally snaps out of it, "I'm sorry, I..I didn't mean it."
Scooting closer, she wraps her arms around him and cries as she apologizes. That feeling returns no matter how hard I brush it away.

The guys stand there awkwardly, and so does Bella by Pablo's side. No one says anything, until Bruno turns around,
"Everyone go back to whatever the fuck you were doing. She had a nightmare, there's nothing to see here." His words are cold, like he hates the fact that everyone is seeing here like this.

The twins mutter some words, then leave with Bella.
"Uh, I'll be in the room if you need me." I mutter, turning around to leave.
"Don't stay up, get some sleep." Bruno says before I'm completely out the room, he says it like a demand – like he's telling me that he won't be coming back soon.

***

I wake up to a cold and empty bed. Disappointment fills the air as I realize that this is our last day here, we're leaving soon, and this was not how I planned on us to end our trip.

I drag myself out of bed, take a quick shower and head downstairs. When I'm downstairs I see everyone by the table, including Bruno and Alexa sitting next to each other as he tells her that she must eat.

Don't overthink. Stop it, Amalie.

I take a seat next to Bella and Pablo. They throw one glance at me then start filling my plate with different kinds of food, but I don't miss the apologetic look on their face.
We're sorry your boyfriend is too busy practically feeding another girl to even say good morning to you.

With little to no appetite, I eat some of the food. When we're done the day goes by fast, we play some board games, then we watch a movie that Bella picked and everyone thinks its bad but Pablo threatens that if we don't finish it he'll put a bullet in our heads.

By we, I mean everyone except Bruno and Alexa. She was feeling bad, and of course only Bruno could help because he's the only one she talks to so they both stayed at the gaming room the entire time.

By the end of the day, it was time to get home. We all left to our cars, and everyone was gone. The car ride was silent, there was no Hannah Montana or any other songs except the ones Alexa wanted to listen to.

I waited on us to drop her off home, but it never happened. I didn't realize that it wouldn't happen until we parked outside Bruno's building. He helped her walk, because her ankle had sprained when she made her way to the cabin – which I still don't know how she did.

I don't say anything, until we're inside the apartment. I leave for our room immediately, and soon Bruno's behind me.

"What's wrong baby?" He asks, and I hate when he asks that because I feel like I'm overreacting. When he uses that tone, when his voice softens.
"There's nothing wrong, I just.." I trail off, "why is Alexa here and not in her own apartment?"

At first, I don't believe that I just asked that, then I realize that we live together for now and it should concern me if we have a guest.

His demeanor changes from soft to hard, "Are you mad that she's here?"
I sigh, "No, it's not that, I just don't understand why she's here?"
He shakes his head, completely in disbelief at my question.

He steps back, "Amalie, she's just gone through something traumatic, I still have no fucking idea what happened to her while she was gone but I know it's bad enough for her to be having nightmares and refusing to eat. I won't let her go back to being alone when she's in a state like that."

What does that even mean? Is she..

"Is she moving in here?" I ask, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. He wants her to move in? He hasn't even talked to me yet?

He comes closer and crouches down in front of me, "Baby listen to me. I know we've barely moved in together, but I can't let her be alone when she's in that state. She's been gone for months, I should've found her and now she's back – I have to take care of her, she's like this because I couldn't find her when she needed me to."

I look into his eyes and realize that he means every word. He thinks that he's at fault for what happened to her, and now he has to fix it.

"So, she's moving in?" I ask again,
"She is."

She is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

949K 23.6K 92
"You look awfully well for someone who died years ago." [ THIS STORY CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT!!! ] This is dark mafia's story.... The dark world with...
426 52 10
๐“ก๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฎ a the Spanish mafia daughter,after her dad lost her mom he became overprotective about her and hoping not to make the same mistake h...
18.3K 419 34
"Kiss me." He picks me up and kisses me again. His hands on my waist, my hands in his hair and my lips all over him. I think I don't have a crush any...
36.8K 625 33
BOOK ONE OF THE MAFIA SERIES And then it stopped. Everything. The one person who was truly there for me. My whole world gone in the space of a minute...