When will my life begin...

By Cheekyships

A lost princess living in a tower. A ruthless prince with emotional problems. A feminist beauty. A runaway pr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 2

35 4 9
By Cheekyships

"His Majesty requires you in his chamber."

Gray blinked. There were a lot of things he was expecting when he opened the door. But, he had definitely not expected his father to call him.

The last time Acnologia had called Gray was... he shivered. That's right, it was when Gray let a peasant go after seeing how much that poor man had suffered. Gray may be known as a cold-hearted but he wasn't cruel. He only acted that way because of his father. Gray's eyes went blank as he remembered the punishment he received for doing that act of kindness.

"Umm..."

Gray looked at the small maid in front of him. She was the one who was sent with the message and unknowingly, Gray had been glaring at her.

"You may go." He said coldly.

"Yes, sir." The maid practically ran away from him. He couldn't blame her - everyone was scared of him. He was the 'Ice-Hearted Prince'  after all.

Slowly walking towards his father's chamber, he began to think of everything he had done in the past few weeks. Try as he might, he could only think of his ruthless actions - none of them were , in any way, kindhearted.

So why did Acnologia want to see his son?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are getting married next week."

"I'm sorry?"

Gray had reached the chamber, where his father was dressed in a crimson, silk robe. He was accompanied by the royal treasurer, Rogue Cheney.

"I do not like to repeat myself, Gray." Acnologia gritted his teeth and glared at Gray. "You are getting married."

"But father-" Gray stopped, his cheek stinging from the touch. Acnologia had slapped him.

"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME FATHER ?" Acnologia shouted at him. "YOU WILL REFER TO ME AS 'YOUR MAJESTY'!"

"Yes, your majesty." Gray's head hung low and he blinked his tears away. He could feel the pitying eyes of Rogue staring at him.

"You will be marrying the princess of Ishgar." Acnologia stated, regaining his composure. "Her name is Juvia."

"Yes, fa- your majesty."

"You may leave."

Gray dragged his feet to the door, opened it and left. He had no say in this marriage, he never had a say in anything. Still, he had wished he could choose his bride at the least.

'Oh Lucy,' he thought, solemnly. 'If only you were here. Things would have so much different.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NO!"

"JUVIA!" The queen, dressed in her elegant gown cried. "Mind your words."

"But-"

"No buts. You will be married and that's that." The queen sighed, her tired eyes closing a bit. "It is for the sake of the kingdom, you know that. Do it for the kingdom."

Juvia - the one and only princess of Ishgar - had azure blue hair and midnight blue eyes. She was a kind and compassionate princess who never criticized people. Her kingdom meant her life to her, and she loved everyone in it. Her eyes are always shining with love and laughter. But, now they were filled with hopelessness.

"He is a ruthless prince, mother!" Juvia cried, exasperated. "He is ruthless, cruel and discriminates people - just like his father!"

"Juvia! You will not speak of the king that way!"

Juvia huffed and crossed her arms across her chest. "I would rather marry and poor, old man than marry that prince."

"ENOUGH!" The queen yelled. "Go to your room, right this instant! You will be married - whether you agree or not!"

Juvia cursed under her breath and ran to her room, wondering how on earth she would escape this fortress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gray entered his chamber and shut the door behind him, not seeing his visitor.

"Why did he call you?"

Gray looked up, startled. There, sitting on his bed was his one and only friend, Jellal. He was the royal advisor and spent a lot of time with the king. This meant that he knew what Gray was going through and had been an emotional support. Without him, Gray would have committed suicide.

"Jellal." Gray sighed. "You startled me. When did you get in- HOW did you get in?"

"Kinana was cleaning the room when I arrived." Kinana was a maid working in the castle, she knew about Gray and kept it a secret. Gray and Kinana weren't close or friends, but they appreciated each others presence. "She let me in. Now, answer my question. Why did he call you?"

Gray looked over at Jellal, wondering if he should lie or not. Jellal had that look on his face, the look that said 'I'm not going without an answer'. Gray sighed.

"I'm getting married."

Jellal stared, unblinking.

"Jellal."

No answer.

"JELLAL!"

He blinked. His dark green eyes slowly started to cloud over as he processed his information.

"Oh." Was all he said.

"Oh?"Gray looked at him in disbelief. "That's all you have to say?"

"Well, it's not like I can say anything else." He shrugged. "And, I can't exactly make a difference."

"Gee," Gray rolled his eyes. "You are such a great friend."

"What do you want me to do?" Jellal asked. "Fight the king? Find a powerful fairy to help you? Research about a long lost princess who's locked in a tower guarded by a dragon?"

Gray's face dropped visible at the 'long lost princess' part. Jellal noticed it too.

"Sorry Gray." He said sympathetically. "I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok."

There was a brief moment of silence.

"I'm going to meet father and let him know that I want to meet the princess. I mean, if we're getting married, then, we might as well get to know each other."

Jellal smiled, but it was a sad smile, one filled with remorse for leaving his friend alone.

As Gray left the room, Jellal called out: "Be safe."

And, thus, with a smile on his lips, he headed towards his father's chamber.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juvia smiled to herself. Her plan was complete. She would head up over the river towards the kingdom of Purity. She would hide herself, until the prince got married to someone else. She would wait, live with the peasants and hopefully, find a handsome man.

She collapsed onto her bed.

'I'll show mother what I'm capable of. I'll leave this kingdom and live in another. I won't marry the cruel prince - I bet he looks ugly - and I'll marry the man I love. My plan is perfect and I shall leave tonight.'

Thus, with a smile on her lips, she fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Princess."

Lucy perked up, hearing the voice of her other visitor. She ran up to the magical lacrima.

"Rogue!"

Rogue smiled, his red eyes bursting into life. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." She paused. "I wish Papa was here though."

"He's a king!" Rogue looked right at her. "He has so much to do."

Lucy grumbled in response. "How's Gray?"

"Prince Gray?" Rogue's eyes flickered, as if he was debating whether to tell her or not.

"He's getting married." Rogue said finally.

"What?" Lucy shrieked. "Without my permission? How dare he?!"

Rogue laughed.

"To who?" Lucy asked, once she calmed down.

"Princess Juvia of Ishgar."

Lucy felt her heart beat race. A princess? Gray would marry a princess?

"A marriage of convenience?" She hissed, surprising herself.

"Ye-No."

"I beg your pardon?"

"...Yes..."

Lucy gasped and threw the lacrima to the ground. She couldn't believe her father forced Gray to marry a princess. A marriage of convenience? Her father always told her he would choose who she had to marry but she had a choice in it too. What about Gray?

"Oh Gray..." Lucy whispered. "I'm coming."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey minna,

Hope you enjoyed!

If you like it please Vote, Comment and Follow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lost Hope By UwU

Fanfiction

13.1K 606 24
After escaping a terrifying and traumatic experience, Lucy moves to a new school. No one knows who she is, she can make a new life. Natsu falls for h...
133K 2.2K 20
Natsu Dragneel, a cold hearted gang leader trying to get his one and only love back, Lucy Heartfillia. He attempted to get her back but it completely...
7.3K 255 26
So this is my first story that I've published ever so go easy on me please! :) Alot of songs have inspired me in writing this story and help me come...
1.3K 197 30
~ When a sudden night takes you to a different world of Fairy Tail.. ~~ Amusing right? It's your story to be a part of them.... "I will save you... N...