Broken Blades

By darkest112

"You over estimate your importance in my life, Logan. Just because we share, shared a stupid bond does not ma... More

ONE
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE

TWO

119 17 6
By darkest112

------

S U M M E R.

"Thankyou so much Kieran for having us." Logan grins at the alpha, his arm grasping my waist in a tight hold barely giving me any room to take a breath.

Kieran returns the grin, his emerald eyes falling on me.

"You are always welcomed here, Logan. How are you, Luna Summer?" He asks, the grin intact.

I offer him a small one, my lips barely quirking, "I am doing good, thankyou. Your pack is just as vibrant as ever." I compliment, staring into the wide expanse of his land that goes on for ages. He leads one of the biggest packs in the country.

Kieran and Logan have been quite good friends for the past few years ever since Kieran found his mate in our pack, Annalise. One of the only few friends I have.

"Thankyou, Summer." He says, his tone holding no malice, giving me the courage to ask the next question.

"How's Annalise doing?"

I feel Logan's fingers dig into the side of my waist and I wince knowing he hates it when I ask questions. When I speak out of turn.

Kieran's eyes light up, pure love and adoration flooding his face at the thought of his mate. The look makes my stomach plummet, a horrible clenching feeling swamping my lungs as I realize I will never have my mate look at me in that sort of way. I did not even desire it from him anymore.  I had seen everything he can offer.

"She's doing great. She is busy training the younger pups. You know how she is." Kieran explains as he runs his hand through his dark brown hair, a smile slipping to his lips.

"Come on, now." He leads us in the direction of the pack house.

Annalise Carter, one of the fiercest warriors from our pack with a few scars to match it. Also, one of the nicest and closest friends I have ever had. Annalise has never shy-ed away from battles. In fact, she relishes and finds immense pleasure in them. When she met Kieran, it was 'love' at first sight. She had punched his jaw so hard, only for the alpha to get up and grin at her like a fool. It had been adorably weird. That was three years ago. A year before I met the monster.

The pack house is grande and gorgeous as usual; able to house about five hundred members of Yellow Bridge Pack. While most of them prefer to live in their own house around the pack, it's still looks gigantic. I note the new coat of beige paint adorning the entire house from the previous cream colored one.

Kieran grins and welcomes me to his home before clasping Logan in a manly pat on the back and urging him to walk with him towards the southeast of the pack where a dense forest is located. Logan dutifully nods as he takes steps towards me. I almost shrink away in fear at the sight of his cold eyes.

"Stay out of trouble or else you won't like the consequences." Logan hisses in my ear. His scent that is supposed to be alluring leaves a nauseating feeling in my stomach. I feel my heart pound so hard and fast I think I might pass out.

Logan walks away with Kieran, leaving me stranded and confused. It has been so long since I was alone, since I could do things on my own. Logan, for the past two years, has been hovering over my shoulder, every little action administered by me always under his scrutinizing gaze. And moments when I'm alone, I'm left wondering what to do and what not to.

Before I can decide to hide in a corner and cry my eyes out, a loud familiar voice calls out. I quickly turn around and stare at the familiar face.

"Summer, it's been so long! You look. . .thin." Annalise states with brutal honesty, walking towards me her strides long and quick.

"Anna, how are you? You look...stunning." I wasn't even lying or exaggerating.

Annalise is gorgeous and she knows it. She has dark rich chocolate skin that's always so healthy and glowing. Her purple dyed hair, braided in an intricate and delicate butterfly locs design, fall down her back making her look completely ethereal. She's so tall and confident, a perfect look for a Luna. What captivates everyone even further, is her grey doe eyes. The large eyes that displays utter innocence at first sight, only it's anything but.

Right now, she has on grey sweatpants and sweatshirt. Just out of the bathroom from the fresh scent of her clothes and the scent of her body wash. Even then, her beauty doesn't diminish.

"You are good with words, Summer." She grins, pulling me into a hug and roughly patting my back, before pulling away. "Welcome again. Do you want something to eat?" 

I nod eagerly and she leads me to the kitchen.

"How's Dark Storm Pack?" Anna asks as we both take a sit on the dining area, just right next to the kitchen.

"It's good! Everyone's nice! Everything's amazing." I look away.

I feel Anna's eyes burn the side of my scalp and I turn to stare. I note the quick flash of an undecipherable emotion on her face. She doesn't look convinced but she doesn't pry or questions.

"What would you like to eat or drink?" She asks as she gets up from her sit and walks to the kitchen.

"Maybe coffee." I grin at her back and she chuckles slightly.

"Well you can't have coffee in your condition, Summer." She says, humor lighting up her voice. I stare at her back in complete perplexity.

Condition? What condition?

Noticing my silence, Anna turns her eyes widening, "Can't you tell you're pregnant?"

The statement leaves me, almost in an instant, breathless as I shoot up from the sit. No! No! No! I cannot be! I have been so very careful!

"Hey, are you okay?" Anna asks, hurrying towards me, placing her arms around me.

"No, I am not! I cannot be! Are you sure?" I refuse to acknowledge it.

"I'm surprised you haven't noticed it yet. Your scent has changed and I can hear two heartbeats, listen." Anna explains, taking my hands in hers hoping to calm me down. If is true, Logan will take his wrath out on me. He will be remorseless.

I do as Anna says and listen closely, paying attention lower part of my body and I hear it. The low pounding of a heartbeat, the small --almost non existent-- thump of a life, of a child.

A shocked gasp exits my mouth as I clutch my stomach. A baby. A small human right there being formed. What will I tell Logan? How am I supposed to raise them? How am I supposed to provide for that little child right there? How will Logan take this? How will he react knowing I am carrying our child? He had vividly told me he did not want children right now, not with me anyway. He had insisted I take the pill every time and I had not missed, not even once. Now that he or she is here, I'm lost, confused and completely horrified.

I feel tears gather in my eyes, threatening to fall down my cheeks. I try to conjure up a most probable  reaction from him. Will he care? Will he even for a second care about this child?

"I presume this isn't good news." Anna interrupt my train of thoughts, leading me back to my sit. It isn't. I know Logan and he won't be elated about it. He will be mad, enraged even.

"No, it's not. I didn't plan for it. What am I supposed to do?" I whisper, tears falling down my eyes.

Anna pulls me in a hug and pats my back hesitantly and in an awkward manner causing a chuckle to escape my mouth. She honestly doesn't know how to deal with emotions.

"You're terrible at this." I sniffle pulling away from her, wiping my tears with the back of my hand.

She laughs before she goes quiet.

"When I'm stressed, there's a place I usually go to deal with it, even though I know you may not like it." Anna says as she leads me out the door.

She walks us towards the exit door, her steps slow matching mine. Before we get to the exit, she takes a left and takes a fleet of stairs heading to a basement. She takes a left at the end of the stairs, leading us to a heavily guarded double doors. Anna pulls out a set of keys and unlocks it and I stare, completely perplexed. She walks further into the room and I follow her deeper in. Seconds later, we come up to another door, a silver password protected one. The silver shimmers brightly and I have the sudden urge to touch it, to feel the metal on my palm. Before my hand can make contact with it, Anna drags it away in an instant with a loud shriek.

"It's coated with wolfsbane and silver. You'll lose your hand the moment you touch it." She warns, frightening me. Anna pulls gloves out of a small compartment on the wall. She punches a few numbers in. A loud beeping noise sounds before the gigantic doors creak and split open, setting off the motion sensor lights in the process.

My mouth falls open when my eyes make contact with what's inside. The enormous room has high ceilings with white, spotless walls. The coat looks thick and recently repainted from the slight pungent scent of paint. To the left, there's an array of guns, rifles, blades, short guns and other lethal weapons I have never seen before. Lined next to it are a range of bullets that look finely polished with the silver coat, silver bullets. To my right, different types of labeled glass bottles filled to the rim with different shades of liquids, line the walls. Poisons.

Dark Storm Pack has an armory but nothing like this. This looks detailed, completely planned out, fully stocked and all the content to guard a pack. If I was a warrior, I would be so enchanted by it, and I am.

That's why Anna loves this room.

"Wow." I find the word leaving my mouth.

"I know right. Kieran gets different weapons everyday for the protection of the pack in case there's ever an attack. I find this place so comforting for me for reasons I don't understand." She explains, her eyes taking in the room with a look of pride. I understood the look.

I walk towards all the poisonous liquids, enthralled with a smaller looking one filled with a weird shade of purple. It is tightly sealed, no scent emanating from it.

"What's this?" I ask as I stare at a weird name engraved on it. A name I have never seen or heard before.

Anna stares in my direction and walks to me. "You have a good eye," Anna praises, "It's in Latin, slow death. I think it's a rather stupid name but it does just that. It causes it's victims to get drowsy, their mind link shuts off, it's followed by the death of their wolf and then death. What's even more enticing about this poison is it can't be detected. It's one of the new formulas."

I stare in shock. That's quite lethal. A rush of excitement floods me at the thought of it.

"That's pretty dangerous." I acknowledge and Anna just grins at me with a small nod of her head, our height difference becoming more apparent at that moment.

Before I can ask further questions, the details and content of all the other poisonous substances, her eyes goes blank for a second, the look haunting and quite creepy. A mind-link.

"Kieran and Logan are back. We should go." She says, snapping me back to reality in an instant.

I'm pregnant and Logan will be so mad, he'll be so enraged by it. I swallow thickly feeling my stomach plunge. Anna walks to the door and my eyes fall to the purple liquid. Should I take it? Why would I even consider it? What will I gain from it? The urge doesn't leave and I make up mind. Without hesitation, I pluck the glass from the wall and shove it inside the pocket of my large grey sweater.

"Come on," Anna turns slightly and I rush to catch up with her.

-----

What are your thoughts on Anna and Kieran?

What do you think will be Logan's reaction when he finds out about the pregnancy?
Next chapter tomorrow.

Vote. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 3.5K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
9.1K 360 21
Welcome back! If you haven't read My Sister's Boyfriend, GO BACK (but not before following and adding this to your library) and CATCH UP! Wyd?!? ***...
1.3M 46.4K 79
*Unedited* Emily is an 18 year old she-wolf stuck at home, hiding before heat season can hit. She is wondering about life, when a knock on the door e...
939 21 37
This book is for all the girls who want to be an angel in the street but a hellion beneath the sheet. Prepared to be treated like a good girl, but fu...