The Golden Gift

Oleh ShippingMaster111

Art belongs to: HeBe on Tumblr Set after "Any Sport in a Storm" exclusively, and is not directly influenced b... Lebih Banyak

Chapter One, Golden Boy
Chapter Two, Unraveling Mysteries
Chapter Three, Here Little Birdie
Chapter Four, Whence We Came
Chapter Five, In it for the Long Haul
Chapter Six, I Hear You
Chapter Seven, Golden Gloves
Chapter Eight, Golden Diary
Chapter Nine, An Execution
Chapter Ten, Visiting Family
Chapter Eleven, Oleander's Company
Chapter Twelve, Punishment
Chapter Thirteen, New Sight And Insight
Chapter Fourteen, The Truth
Chapter Fifteen, The Rainbow
Chapter Sixteen, The Blood of the Innocent
Chapter Seventeen, Scheming and Action
Chapter Eighteen, Change of Plans
Chapter Twenty, The Day of Unity (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-One, The Last Day
Chapter Twenty-Two, Clean Up
Chapter Twenty Three, Disgusting Discovery
Chapter Twenty-Four, A Bad Decision

Chapter Nineteen, The Day of Unity (Part 1)

129 4 29
Oleh ShippingMaster111

Hunter's Perspective

Once The Day of Unity arrived, all of the unbranded witches had hidden away while the rest gathered under Belos' command. They were so blissfully ignorant to the fact that they would not see paradise, that Belos was misleading them. Many of the schools and groups of rebels had joined our cave, including Edric and the students at his school. Currently we were playing a riveting game of hexus holdem, and I was winning for the first time. "No way you're winning dude, I call cheats." He huffed and playfully nudged me. I chuckled and placed down another card. "I'm not winning, I just won." I remarked with a smirk. He gasped and crossed his arms. "You dick-." He grumbled and turned away from me. I laughed and hugged him from behind. "Hey, I can't help it that I'm just amazing at the silly little game." I teased and continued to grin. Edric rolled his eyes and turned back to me, hugging me as well. "Can we play a different game now-?" He requested and let go of me. I packed up the cards in their fancifully decorated box and shrugged. "What other games did you bring?" I asked and he rummaged around through his bag.

"I've got lizards, snails, and demon dog tails." The happy Blight said and help up the potion themed board game. "Mm.. Anything else?" I asked curiously and took the box, placing it beside the card game. "Well I've also got a few books, but they aren't that exciting." He said and pulled out a collection of books. I eagerly looked at all of the different titles and ran my hands along the soothing material of old demon leather and glass reed paper sheets. I got comfortable beside him against the cold cave walls and picked out a nice looking book to flip through. As I was opening the first page, a magazine fell out and landed on the ground. I stared at the dirty magazine and glanced up at Edric who was totally embarrassed. "That's um... An interesting magazine." I commented and picked it up. There was a sultry looking witch with nary a cloth covering their perfect body. The alluring character had body tattoos and glowing pink eyes. I tore my eyes away from the indecent imagery and quickly handed the magazine to Edric. He shamefully avoided my gaze as he placed the magazine deep into his bag, hopefully to never breach again. He looked back up at me and rubbed the back of his neck. "Um.. I stole that from my dad's lab." He explained and fixed his glasses. I wrapped my arm around him and opened up the book. "No worries, you gotta do something to entertain yourself." I hummed and began reading the black leather book.

He leaned on my shoulder and read along with me. After a while of flipping through the book on demon magic, I placed the silk bookmark into the crevice of the page. It was definitely time for a snack. I looked over at Edric who was starting to fall asleep and reached past him, digging around in his bag until I found a snack. Cheese and crackers, yum. I ate the tasty snack happily and lightly nudged Edric. "Wake up sleepy head." I hummed and he tiredly grumbled, snuggling up to my arm. "No way, you're too comfy." He huffed and pressed his head into my neck. I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Fine, fine, but I've got to go soon." I reminded him and his head snapped up to look at me. "Where are you going?" He asked and I fixed his glasses that were falling off of his face. "I was planning on going with Raine just in case Belos still has enough magic for his spell to work." I explained and the green haired boy frowned. "Aren't you scared of him?" He asked and I nodded. "But I'm more worried about his plans going through." I responded and stared at his beautiful eyes. He seemed unconvinced that I needed to go. Even I wasn't exactly confident in coming with.

"Can I come with too?" He requested and sat up. "Just to make sure you'll be okay." He added and put everything neatly into his bag. I nodded and scratched my neck. "I would appreciate the extra protection." I admitted and stood up when I saw Raine nearing the cave entrance. Edric picked up his bag and Ruru, following me towards the entrance of the cave. Rascal flew ahead and sat on Raine's shoulder. Raine smiled slightly and turned to look at me. "Can i come with, Raine? I want to make sure the spell doesn't work." I requested and leaned on the nerdy boy beside me. Raine's brows furrowed as they worriedly watched me. "Hm.. I don't know, I think you should stay here where it is safe. I don't want you to be hurt by Belos again." They said and I sighed. "But..." I mumbled and scratched at my neck. I appreciated being protected, but I also wanted to help. Raine came close to me and offered their hands. I took them, enjoying the warm, soft old skin they had. They lightly rubbed my fidgety hands and looked at me with a loving gaze. That of a nurturing parent, trying to do the best thing for their child. I sighed and hugged them tightly. "Please don't get hurt." I whimpered and took a deep breath as they rubbed my back soothingly.

"I won't Hunter, it'll be ok." They whispered and kept me close. I tried to relax and heed their comforting words, but it was hard not to worry. I didn't want to let go, they had been caring for me so much recently. Making me food, telling me about the world, teaching me how to mend my clothing, reminding me to drink water, silly little things like that which I hadn't been provided with in the castle by my uncle. Things that felt important to me. "Hunter, I have to go soon." They reminded me and combed their delicate hands through my messy hair. I took another deep breath and forced myself to let go, but it made me emotional not holding them. They were like... My new comfort zone, but in person form. My comfort adult, I guess. Raine gently kissed my forehead and sighed. "I'll come back, I promise." They told me and fixed my ever-straying blonde strand of hair. I forced myself to smile despite wanting to cry, and leaned into their touch. "Oh Hunter.." They said with a frown. I wiped my dripping eyes and looked away. "I'm sorry." I mumbled and Raine fished the calming balm I liked out of my pocket. "It's okay Hunter, relax and try to keep your mind off of it." They told me and held out the stick of balm. I popped it open and enjoyed the strong scent of the balm, distracting myself completely. I smiled when Raine kissed both of my cheeks and gave me a brief hug. "I'll be back soon Hunter, stay safe with your friends." They hummed and let go of me. I watched as they hitched a ride with Eda, who had a plan of sorts in her head about what would go down. I didn't care about that, as long as Raine would be okay.

"Hey.. Hunter, whatever happened to Mittens and the human?" Edric asked and turned my attention away from the bard's leaving. "Um.. I actually don't know." I admitted sheepishly and curled up in our spot on the cave wall. Edric sat beside me and slowly rubbed my back. "I think it's good we're staying here, Hunter. Maybe we can defend the group against any attackers, like wild demons." He pointed out as I climbed into his lap. I know it was embarrassing to be so clingy, but I was stressed. I didn't mind swallowing my pride for a bit so I was held in his arms. He stopped speaking and focused on holding me properly, resting his head above mine with his arms around me. "Thanks." I mumbled and looked up at his golden yellow eyes. They sparkled in the eventful daylight, shimmering in a sweet sort of way. He was worried about me too, I guess I make people worried about me a lot here. But I didn't mind, I enjoyed having my feelings considered. "Hunter.. You're getting very close." He pointed out with red cheeks. I noticed the lack of distance between our faces and found myself blushing a hue of red as well.

"Sorry, your eyes are so tempting." I mumbled and practically popped like a balloon when I heard his dad behind me. "What are you two doing? It better not be anything dirty." He grumbled and stood over the both of us. "No nothing dirty!" I exclaimed and hid my embarrassment under Edric's sweater. "You looked like you were necking, I had to make sure." He grunted and smiled at the sight of two embarrassed teens. I'm just messing with you two, have fun with.. whatever you kids do these days." He hummed and walked away. "Is your dad always that awkward..?" I asked and cringed. He sighed and nodded. "Unfortunately." He huffed and looked into my violet eyes. "But I don't mind.." He trailed off, not paying much attention to what had happened. "You know, if I didn't know any better, I would say you're a skinwalker." He pointed out. I thought for a moment and shook my head. "If I am, I really wish my magic would kick in." I huffed and crossed my arms. He chuckled and tilted my pouty head up. "Sometimes demon powers don't work that way, maybe you have to wait until your puberty is over." He suggested and I blushed.

"Well how long is that?" I asked curiously. He shrugged and tried to recall his knowledge. "I think I've read that skinwalkers don't stay in a form aside from their own for more than a week, so I'm not sure why you're in this witch form. Maybe... You're a halfling? That would definitely mess with your puberty and stuff." He thought out loud, trying to collect his thoughts together. I sighed in frustration and laid on him. "Well whatever, I just wish my magic wasn't dormant. Then I wouldn't need to rely on these." I remarked and showed him the glyphs on my palm. He grabbed my wrist and stared at the glyphs with concern. "Hunter, did Belos give you these?" He asked with a serious face. "Uh... Yeah." I told him with rising worry. "Witches can track where their magic has been used, your glyphs could give us away." He stated and stood up, bringing my wrist with. I stumbled into standing as well and awkwardly followed as he dragged my wrist to the stream outside. "What are you doing?" I asked and watched as he brought my palm closer to the water. "This is unclean water, it still has acid in it. We can burn it off and seal it this way." He explained, which made me recoil instantly.

"Won't that burn me?" I whimpered and held onto my shaky hand. He took off his glasses and gently coaxed me into letting him handle my palm again. "It won't be too bad I swear, and Emira can heal it right after we burn it off." He assured me while massaging my palm. He coached me into taking a deep breath or two, slowing down my racing heart and thoughts. My mind was stuck on what he had mentioned earlier about the human. "Now that I think about it, weren't Willow and Gus supposed to come here too? Where are they?" I asked as he moved my hand towards the acidic water. Edric thought for a moment and stopped. "Errr.. You do bring up a good question, one I can not answer." He responded and sighed. "I just hope they're okay." He muttered and hovered my hand over the water. "It will only be for a moment okay? Just enough to burn away what has been engraved into your skin." He reassured me while I shook slightly. I looked away and winced as my hand make contact with the painful water.

I clenched my jaw and hissed in pain as the skin on my hand was burned away. After a few moments of painful stinging, my hand was pulled away and Edric called his twin over. She slowly healed my acidic hand and sighed. "What was that for?" She asked and let go of my hand. I rubbed my freshly healed skin and sighed. "Belos gave me special glyphs that helped me perform magic. But, um, we had to burn it off incase Belos tracked me with it." I explained and scratched my neck nervously. "You could've told me what you were doing so I could heal you as it burned-." She sighed and crossed his arms. "But anyways, what makes you think he's not already tracked us here?" She asked and I shrugged. "He hasn't shown up, or sent any guards... But we should definitely be prepared." I explained and she nodded. "How are you by the way?" She asked and smiled nicely. I glanced over at Edric who was very silent, almost irritated as he refused to look at her.

"Um.. I'm okay, Edric's been keeping me good company." I told her and smiled as well. "Good, my brother's being useful for once." She remarked with a grin. Edric grumbled and glared at the ground. "Er, well, I think he's useful all the time." I said and hugged his arm. Emira rolled her eyes. "Yes well that's why he has no friends." She remarked and walked away. I rolled my eyes and mocked her, which made Edric laugh. "Okay you sassy little thing." He giggled and shook his head. I smiled and put his glasses back onto his face. Edric rubbed my hand, appreciating my cheering up. I smiled warmly and followed him towards the cave. My joyous smile was promptly stopped by the sight of a familiar goo blocking the cave entrance. I gasped and backed up, grabbing Rascal from my shoulder. Rascal quickly formed into a staff, Ruru jumping up to do the same. Noises of screams and panic were clearly heard from the other side of the glossy black slime, along with shouts and growls. "How could he have gotten here so fast?" I said with furrowed brows. Edric huffed and reached into his bag, offering me a potion. "What could this do to help?" I asked and took the bottle, popping off the lid. "Well you said you were a demon, and that's a demon amplifier. Try it." He told me and hit a sludgy arm that had extended out from the ground.

I quickly drank the potion, dropping the glass as my hand shook uncontrollably. My veins lit up with pinkish blood, changing my skin to an ashy black. My nails grew and changed into claws, and my senses heightened greatly. I could smell and see so much so clearly, it was unsettling. I dropped my palisman and launched towards the arm threatening Edric. I bit harshly into the gooey hand and tore at it as it attempted to fling me aside. I felt so alive, my blood was pumping and my muscles begged to attack. I ripped off flesh from the slimey hand and snarled, scratching harshly into the arm trying to fling me away. I peeled off finger by finger with my jaws and winced when the arm finally tossed me aside. "Hunter, what are you doing you foolish child?" A daunting voice spoke to me. My heart froze up as I saw Belos towering over me. He raised his injured hand and angrily swiped at me, which was interrupted by a blast from Edric. Belos charged towards him and yelled when I tackled him. I scratched his face and screeched when he pinned down my neck. "Stop it you stupid demon!" He exclaimed and pulled me into his monstrous form. I squirmed around in the cold slimy mass and looked around, trying hard to get out. I barely moved in the strange substance, because it was so thick and disgusting.

I started to pass out due to lack of oxygen, until a hand yanked me out. I coughed up the gross slime that had forced itself into my mouth. "Hunter, Hunter are you okay?" A muffled voice asked worriedly as my chest was pushed down. I coughed up more greenish goo and wheezed. "You can do it, breath with me." He instructed me and took a deep breath. I shakily sat up and coughed, trying to breath with him. He continued to coach me as we breathed together. "Are you okay? You were in there for a while." He asked and wiped off the gross slime on my face. "U-Um- yeah, I'm okay I think." I said and coughed more. Edric propped me up against the cave wall and cringed when he heard fighting outside. "Where is my-." I cut myself off my coughing, before continuing. "Uncle-?" I asked and coughed loudly. Edric rubbed my hands and soothed me. "He's outside fighting, I was barely able to pull you out with my dad's help." He told me and scooted over to the entrance so I could see. I watched nervously and coughed.

"That potion really changed me." I remarked and looked at my veins. They were still filled with pink blood, eager for a fight. "I didn't know being a demon was so... Riveting." I said with a slight blush. It was overwhelming, feeling so violent and hormonal. Edric curiously stared at my veins and rubbed my hands. "I hope it wears off, I don't want you to be uncomfortable in this state." He stated and gasped when his dad was tossed into the cave. "Dad!" He exclaimed and pushed me out of his lap, running over to his dad. I shakily got up and coughed, still regaining my strength. My muscles felt weirdly sore, and the claws on my fingers hurt. I stumbled towards Edric and sat beside him, trying to keep him calm. Alador was pretty heavily injured with multiple wounds scattering across his body, but they seemed like non-fatal issues.

He wheezed and tiredly sighed, attempting to sit up. "No no dad, dad, just relax, I'll patch you up. You've done enough." He assured his dad and fished out alcohol for his wounds. I carefully pulled off his shirt and checked his heart rate. "Oh god, I feel so dizzy." He wheezed out. I rubbed his shoulder and propped his head up with Edric's spare sweatshirt. Edric tended to his wounds and looked at me. He was clearly upset and stressed out. I rubbed his back and fished out a filter water bottle we had been using. "Sir can you drink right now?" I asked and he coughed. "Ugh.. S-Sure, slowly though." He stammered. I helped him sit up more and carefully assisted him in drinking water. Hopefully this would help ward off his dizzy spell a bit. He started to close his eyes and relaxed. "He should definitely rest." I sighed and set down the water bottle. My attention was ripped away from the wounded man to see Belos disappearing, most likely back to the castle. The last flickering of his evil gaze made my throat swell with fear. Edric forced me to look away and hugged me tightly. I rubbed his back and soothed him quietly. He was terrified, and I understood why. I shushed his whimpers and sniffles, comforting his shaky form.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

24.7K 792 18
A story about how Edric met hunter and how they fell in love as well as their relationship in general. Belos is an asshole, so is kikimora. But edri...
139K 4.3K 53
Belos doesn't trust Hexside much and decides to send his right hand man, The Golden Guard there. Only thing is, The Golden Guard is going undercover...
9.9K 208 19
Just some Hunter x Fem!Reader oneshots. I hope you like them ❤️ The Owl House does not belong to me
30.2K 795 5
Stumbling upon The Golden Guard hadn't exactly been on Edric's list of top ten things likely to happen while taking a walk in the woods. It certainly...