Second Chances

By amdnjsh

Victoria Patten dies and wakes up in the body of a newly turned Vicki Donovan. Having seen Vampire Diaries, s... More

Prologue
Lost Girls
Haunted
Haunted Part 2
The truth
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Points
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighborhood
Let the Right One in
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Gloria
Isobel
Founders Day
New cover!!
Second Chances Part II
The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Soulmate Series
Marcellus
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Dream State
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Second Chances Part III
Purely Platonic
The Ripper of Nashville
The Birthday
The Hybrid
The End of The Affair
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Numb
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out The Dead
Family Business
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
The Murder Of One
Father Daughter Bonding
Marry Me
Magic From Afar
The Witchy Professor
A View To Kill
The End
Sequel + next books!

By the Light of the Moon

9.3K 381 10
By amdnjsh

Vicki's POV

"Darling, it's time to wake up. Today's a big day, we can't spend it all in bed." He chuckles. "As much as I'd love to."

I snuggle further into him, nuzzling my face into his neck to breathe in his scent.

"Five more minutes, sweets." My voice is muffled.

I feel his chest vibrating, he's laughing. I look up into his eyes. "What? Why are you laughing?"

"You are very cute when you've just woken up."

He caresses my face, looking lovingly into my eyes. I smile back at him. He leans in for a kiss but I lean my head back and away from him.

"What?"

"Morning breath." Is all I say. I squint my eyes and slowly sit up in bed. We get out of bed, making our way to the bathroom. He hands me my toothbrush, a line of toothpaste already on and I start to brush my teeth.

He does the same as he stands behind me with his other arm around my waist.

I glance at the only ring occupying my left hand and feel butterflies in my stomach.

After we spit out the toothpaste we turn towards each other and share a sweet kiss.

I gasp awake. Sweat is covering my body.

That was the first time that I've actually dreamt since coming to this universe. But something tells me that it wasn't just a dream, or at least I hope it isn't.

I get out of bed and take a quick shower to wash all of the sweat away. Once I got out, I found an outfit for the day. There isn't much on the agenda so I picked a simple one.

After getting dressed, I headed to where Elijah has been staying. The door is being opened before I reach it.

"Ah, there you are. I was just heading out to see what was taking so long."

"Sorry, I had a rough start today. It took a while to fully collect myself."

"Are you alright?" We started heading towards my car. I hand him the keys and we get in.

"Yes. You know, I saw a version of the future before I transitioned, but I never actually had a vision of the future until last night. I mean, I've had visions. Just not quite like that."

"A dream?" He starts the car and heads towards the Gilbert house.

"It was amazing. I just know it wasn't a dream. It was so real." I glance at my empty left hand.

"You dreamt of Kol?"

I turned to him with a smile. "Yes." He looks back at me with a smile of his own before turning back to watch the road.

We reach the house and get out of the car. He offers his arm and I take it before we walk over to the door and knock.

Jenna opens it with a smile. "Vicki! What are you doing here?" She pulls me into a hug.

"I am helping Mr. Smith with his research, it fascinates me."

She looks behind me and notices Elijah. "Yes! Elijah, right?" he nods with a small smile. "Come in, come in. I'll show you what I've got."

He crosses the threshold and we go into the kitchen, where there are multiple boxes waiting for us.

We all started digging in, combing through the research. Elijah is across the kitchen while Jenna and I are looking through boxes right next to each other.

"That is one handsome man."

I chuckle and look up to see a small smile on his face. "Yeah he is. You know the guy?" she nods. "That's his brother."

"Wow. Good genes."

Jenna starts bringing more boxes in from the closet by the kitchen.

I hear Elena come down the stairs and I share a look with Elijah.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Perfect timing." She hands a box to Elena.

Elena looks at it in distaste. "What is this stuff?"

"You mom's file from the historical society. I got roped into helping Mrs. Lockwood and by roped, I mean very excited to participate." We all chuckle.

Jenna closes the closet door to reveal Elijah and I. Elena gasps and looks at Elijah in fear, as she looks at me in disgust.

"This is Elijah, Elena. He's in town doing research on Mystic Falls." I say with a smirk.

"It's a pleasure." He holds out his hand to shake and she hesitantly takes it.

"So you're welcome to stay here and ramage through this stuff or Elena and I could help you load it into our car."

"Or I can get someone to pick it up tomorrow."

"Also a good plan." Jenna chuckles nervously. His attractiveness is really getting to her.

"Thank you so much for inviting me into your home Jenna, Elena..." He looks at her. "I hope to see you again sometime soon."

"Bye Jen. See you later." She waves as we leave.

I turn to him. "I have some business to take care of, can you run home?"

He snickers and hands me my keys. "Of course."

As soon as I get to the Mystic Grill and enter, I see Jules at the bar.

I walk over and sit on the stool next to her, pushing my way past Damon.

"My usual." I say to the bartender. He nods and sets a glass of red wine on the counter in front of me.

I look to see the three staring at me. "Leave her alone Damon, Alaric. I need to speak with her." The two don't even move an inch. "Go on." I hold my hand up as if I were going to use magic on them and they get the hint to leave.

As soon as they are sitting on the other side of the grill, I turn towards her.

"You must be Jules, Mason told me a lot about you."

I hold out my hand for her to shake in a sign of trust.

She takes it, sensing not only my vampire side but my magic as well.

I lift up her drink, smelling the wolfsbane in it. I give it to the bartender.

"Make her a new one please."

"What was wrong with that one?"

"Dumb and dumber put crushed aconite on it."

Her face changes from neutral to angry. She stands up to get to them but I grab her arm, keeping her here.

"You're here for Mason?"

She settles back into her seat. "Yeah, do you know where he is?"

"Yeah, I do. He is safe, it's not very safe in Mystic Falls for any werewolf right now."

"What do you mean?"

I knock back the rest of my drink and put a hundred on the counter. "I can explain somewhere more privately and away from any prying eyes." I glance at Damon.

She nods and follows me out to my car. As we reach my house, I see her looking at the moon.

"We'll have time to talk before it reaches its apex.
Then you can stay in my cellar or go into the woods if you'd like."

"Thank you."

We walk into my house after I invite her in. You see, I put a boundary spell stopping anyone from coming in without an invitation. Only a select few get that privilege.

We sit down on my couch.

"The sun and the moon curse isn't real, you shouldn't be here."

"Yeah, it's not safe. You said that already." She rolls her eyes.

"I helped Mason leave so that he wouldn't die here. I want the same for you and your pack. There's going to be a sacrifice and you can't stay."

"I understand. Are you sure Mason is alive?"

I sigh and take out my phone. I dial Mason's new number.

"Hey, Teacup. What's up?"

I gasp. "Hey! I am not that small."

He chuckles. "Uhuh, sure. Why'd you call? It hasn't been a week since our last."

"Someone came here looking for you." I glance at Jules and give her the phone with a smile.

"Mason?"

"Jules? What are you doing there, it's not safe."

She rolls her eyes. "Tyler called the apartment, I came to see if you were alright."

"I'm okay, please go and take Tyler with you guys. Vic can give you my new phone number so we can keep in touch."

She looks at me and I nod, saying that I will give it to her.

Once they are done with the call, I lead her to my sealed cellar.

"I'll be here for you once you're done with clothes. Drink this, it will make the process less painful." I hand her a cup.

I turn to leave. "Vicki?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

A/N
I know y'all probably hate what I did with this chapter but I just makes sense to me.

Since I saved Mason, it makes sense to write it like this especially because I hated how they tortured Caroline because Masons death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

712K 13.2K 66
Before you read the summary of this book I would like you all to know that there is a NEW VERSION of this book that has a better plotline, more origi...
111K 2.9K 22
"she is alive but she isn't the same" in which the dead mikaelson comes back to life ▪▪▪ the vampire diaries - au [slow updates] started - March 14...
73.7K 2K 18
A story in which a girl who watches TVD dies and wakes up in the TVD Universe, only somethings not right.......... ⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️
79.9K 1.4K 23
kol is brought back to life elena catches cheating and wants to be vampire again she goes to talk to davina and convinces her to turn her to an orig...