hatred {editing}

By hemmosocial

How can a person hate someone so much? Well, let me tell you. One person; one person can fill you with so mu... More

blurb
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
[12] Reasons
[13] Betrayal
[14] Breakfast
[15] Unexpected
[16] Mia?
[17] Broken
[18] Blame
[19] Just Kidding
[20] Ice Skating
[21] Parties
[22] Penguins
[23] Webcam Secrets
[24] Promises
[25] Watch Your Back
[26] Liar
[27] Change
[28] Hit
[29] Friends Again and Crushes?
[30] This is the Beginning
[31] Thinking Out Loud
[32] Wisdom Teeth
[33] You Did What?!
[34] The End of The Queen's Reign
[35] Luke's Secret
[36] Heartbroken
[37] Mistakes
[38] Too Late
[40] I Love You
[41] Proposal
[42] No More Secrets
[43] East Sydney
[44] New Places, Old Faces
[45] The Love Doctor
[46] Happy Endings
[47] Not So Good News
[48] The Truth Comes Out
[49] She's Gone
[49.5] NEW STORY
[50] Is This The End? (pt.1)
[51] Is This The End? (pt.2)
To be continued...
SEQUEL IS OUT

[39] New Looks

831 37 12
By hemmosocial

•Luke•

"Should I do purple or pink?" Reagan asked holding two hair dye boxes in her hands.

It was the weekend and I was out with Reagan. All the boys were out and Emily was at work. Reagan wanted to dye her hair again and here we were at the salon.

She spinned around the chair and held up the two boxes.

"I think you should go with...purple?" I said unsure and she groaned.

"Is that a question or an answer?" She sassed.

"Fine the pink?" I questioned and she was about to snap but I finalized my answer. "Pink. Dye it pink." I said sure this time.

"Are you sure, pink-"

"I am sure." I said and she shrugged excited as she spinned back facing the mirror.

I didn't expect my Saturday would be at the salon but it was better than being alone for once.

About 2 long hours later, Reagan was finally done.

She looked in the mirror and fixed her hair, satisfied.

"You asked me for my opinion and you completely ignored it, and chose the other option?" I asked, confused.

"Exactly." She answered, turning around, "I mean look at your hair."

I looked in the mirror, pulled my hand through my hair and pouted, "What's wrong with my hair?"

"I mean the fringe? You're practically hiding your face." She sassed, "You've had that hairstyle for years, right?Change is always good."

"I guess." I sighed, "But how should I style it?"

"I got the perfect idea." She said excitedly, grabbing my arm as we left the salon.

-

"So you and Emily live together?" Reagan asked, looking around our room noticing that there were pictures of Emily as well as me.

Emily and I recently redecorated the room so now we both have our own beds. It was easy because she had the same taste as me. It wasn't that hard to change the room to both of our likings.

"Yeah, our families are really close and she lost her house so we offered her and her mom if they wanted to live here." I responded, and she gasped.

"That's awful." She gasped, "Must be weird for you two sleeping in the same room together. You know, after what happened."

"I don't know. She seems fine." I shrugged.

"Remember what I said before about what 'fine' means?" Reagan questioned, "When a girl says she's fine it means-"

"She isn't." I groaned, finishing her sentence.

"Remember that the next time she says she says she's fine." She advised, "Now, we need to fix your hair. Sit."

I sat on my bed and Reagan went to the washroom to look for something. "Do you have gel?" Her head poked from the washroom door.

"Under the sink." I responded and she went back into the washroom.

She came back with a bottle of gel in her hand. "Okay Luke, let's try something new." She said squirting the gel on her hand.

She started applying the gel onto my hair and it felt really weird. I didn't really do my hair, I just woke up and made sure I didn't look like an experiment exploded in my face.

"So Luke what do you want to do after high school?" She asked, sticking her tongue out to the side of her mouth because she was concentrating.

"I want to make music. I'm in a band, so that's a start." I responded. The band has been doing really good. We created a couple of songs and we posted covers on YouTube. Other than that, we didn't go much further in becoming noticed.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I want to own a salon. I like doing hair, as you can tell." She giggled, fixing the finishing touches, "There. Voila. Your new hair."

I stood up and looked towards the mirror. I have to say that I was impressed.

"I like it." I admitted, pulling my fingers through the gelled hair.

"Your welcome." She chirped, putting back the gel under the sink.

"What would you call this hairstyle?" I asked, fixing it up a bit in the mirror.

"I called it...a...quiff!" She said ecstatically.

-

"What does she even see in that guy?" I complained, taking a sip of beer.

Later that night, the boys and I went to the club to 'get my mind off of Emily'. But really they just wanted me to find someone else because my so called 'love' for Emily was not real to them.

"Listen Luke, you've got to get over your crush on Emily. She's got a boyfriend now." Ashton tried to persuade me, "It's getting obsessive."

"I am not obsessive!" I snapped, "I just I don't know-"

"You need to get your mind off her. She's not worth all the trouble." Michael complained.

"What do you know? You've never had a girlfriend." I scoffed, but Michael was ready to talk back, "You've never even been a relationship that's lasted a week."

"I'm not into solid relationships. Besides it's only high school, you won't meet the love of your life here." He explained, giving various hand motions to prove his point.

"What about that girl...um...Reagan!" Ashton said, "You dig her."

"I don't dig her. She said she doesn't like a fuckboy like me." Michael stated, "She doesn't like me."

"The hatred will all end one day, mate." I said, "Besides she's really nice, at least to me."

"You spend too much time with her, is something going on?" Michael's eyebrows wiggled and I almost choked on my drink.

"No. We're just friends." I said, "We just went to the salon to get her hair done, no biggie. Plus she fixed my hair."

"That's what's different about you!" Ashton exclaimed.

"Anyways, the hatred between you guys will all go away, just like Emily and I." I said.

"All you talk about is Emily. Emily did this, Emily did that. I'm her friend and I'm sick talking about her." Michael complained, "You need to do something and fast. Before you'll turn lovesick for her and die when she's married and has 3 kids."

"She's not going to have 3 kids." I scoffed, "I asked her and she said 2."

Michael gasped in disbelief and I awkwardly sipped my drink because it was weird to talk about that with him.

"I think it's alright that Luke here has an piece of his heart for Emily but she's got a boyfriend dude, bro code." Calum said, tapping on his phone.

"You should do something. Look that girl over there has been looking at you for a very long time. Chat it up with her." Michael pointed, "You've only got one life. Move on and move along."

"Wise words Michael Clifford." Ashton said, as he clinked his bottle with Michael's.

"Okay." I paused, "I do have one life and I shouldn't be obsessive with Emily. I'll do it, I'll go talk to her. But I'm not ready to get together with someone yet."

"Atta boy Luke!" Calum cheered, "Here's to teenage memories!" They all cheered and I started to walk over to the bar giving them a thumbs up.

Truth is I just said I would do that so they wouldn't bother me anymore. I wasn't ready to meet a new girl or even had a girlfriend.

I didn't want to do any of this just to get over Emily. I wanted to do it by myself.

"Can I have a beer?" I asked the bartender.

I couldn't hear her over the music but I'm assuming she agreed.

She turned around and I recognized the bartender.

"Reagan? I didn't know you worked here?" I asked, taking the drink.

"We meet again, Luke Hemmings." She giggled, "I work here on the weekends sometimes." She leaned forward on the counter.

"Purple suits you." I noticed how the colour of her hair changed slightly to a darker purple.

"Oh yeah thanks." She grabbed a cloth from behind her and wiped the counter in front of her, "So what are you doing here?"

"I'm out with the boys but I really just want to go home." I confessed.

It really sounded bad that I didn't want to spend any time with my mates. But they were forcing me to do something I didn't want to, right now Reagan was the only one who I can actually talk to.

"Oh. Well, what's the problem?" She asked.

"They want me to move on, but I'm not ready yet." I shrugged.

She thought about it and then sighed,
"Maybe they want what's best for you. If you don't want to, that's fine."

"I know. But, part of me wants to move on but the other doesn't. It's a hard choice." I said, chugging the drink.

"Look. It looks like you're having a rough time." She said, "You should go home, maybe even sleep a bit, it might get your mind off of all this."

She did have a point.

"Can you...um...drop me off at my place?" I asked, "My car's not here. Wait, no it's okay, I'll just take the bus."

"No!" She stopped me, "You drank right, you shouldn't be walking home by yourself."

It was nice how she cared about me and understood what I was going through. It was nice to have a friend who didn't push me to do something I didn't want to do.

"But I'll just drop you off," she said, "I have a feeling that Emily doesn't like me. We didn't really have a good first impression."

"No! She just isn't good with making friends." I lied. Emily was great at making friends. I did get a feeling that she didn't like Reagan but I didn't know why.

"Okay. I guess it's fine." She agreed, "Let's go. I'll just clean up."

"Sandy! I'm done for the day!" I heard her yell before she went off into the distance.

I chuckled before taking the last sip of my drink before placing it down on the counter.

Reagan was a very loud and expressive person, just like Michael. Sad that they don't get along.

"Okay let's go!" Reagan screamed over the music. She pulled me out of the bar and we started to walk to her car.

-

"Thanks for the ride." I mumbled as she parked on the driveway.

"No problem." She said, closing the door, "What are friends for? You've had a rough time, it's the least I can do."

"Believe me, you've done more than that." I chuckled, as we walked on the porch.

It became awfully quiet before Reagan spoke. "I'll see ya later, Luke. Good night." She said, as she started to walk away.

"Good night Ree!" I yelled and she looked over her shoulder with a smile on her face.

I smiled, waving as she stepped into her car and drove away.

I took my key and opened the door quietly because it was late and everyone was probably asleep.

I tiptoed into the house but heard faint voices in the background.

I tiptoed up the stairs and went closer to the bedroom because that's where the voices were coming from.

I looked through the crack of the door and saw Emily and Daniel cuddling in the bed.

"Nope. Nope." I said taking a pillow and hitting the both of them, making them both jump up.

"What is wrong with you?!" Emily whisper yelled.

"If we're sharing a room, he's got to go." I said, holding the pillow and pointing to the door.

"Then sleep on the couch because he's not going anywhere." She snapped and I felt my heart break once again.

"But-" I said but she interrupted.

"Luke. Things are going to be different around here." She said with a soft and slow tone, like I was some kid.

"The only thing different is you." I said, walking out of the room and down the stairs.

****

Another cliffhanger? Oops

I have nothing else to say but thanks for all the reads, votes and comments! Really means a lot to me.

Anyways, yeah that's probably it

What's your favourite thing about this book? If it's nothing that's okay

Anyway, thanks and bai

-ashley

Twitter: @/5sosfamilyalert

****

This is me from the future and I changed the ending a bit from the way it was before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601K 10.3K 44
"Fuck off" "Why do that, when I can fuck you? --- Two people. One bet. Who will the winner be? All rights reserved © 2014 Hemmoisapenguin(Despina)
dislike By A

Fanfiction

449K 12.5K 50
"So you hate me?" "No I don't hate people" "So, why don't you speak to me?" "Because I dislike you"
259K 7.2K 46
𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧. 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙮, 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 ?