The Infamous Rafael Valiente...

Od MsDreamerGirl84

WARNING: LOADED WITH GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! He ran away from all the scrutinizing eyes... Více

WARNING!!
Copyright
Synopsis
My Other Books
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Job Hunting
Chapter 2: Clash of Two Hearts
Chapter 3: The Pursuits
Chapter 5: The Revelations
Chapter 6: The Make-Over
Chapter 7: Troubled Past
Chapter 8: The Chasing
Chapter 9: The Grand Duke's Scheme
Chapter 10: The Wedding Preparation
Chapter 11: Haunted with the Past
Chapter 12: Sweet Escape
Chapter 13: Jealousy Strikes
Chapter14: The Aftermath
Chapter 15: Taming the Temptress
Chapter 16: Meeting Mr. Nightmare
Chapter 17: Facing His Wrath
Dedication
Chapter 18: Anger and Betrayal 1
Chapter 19: Anger and Betrayal 2
Chapter 20: The Consequences
Chapter 21: Reunion of Friends and Exes
Chapter 22: The Lies and The Heartbreaks
Chapter 23: Life must go on
Chapter 24: When Anger Only Matters
Chapter 25: The Vengeance 1
Chapter 26: The Vengeance 2
Chapter 27: The Truth Will Always Prevail
Chapter 28: Together Again
Chapter 29: Family Day
Epilogue
Advertisement
Author's Note

Chapter 4: No Escape

143K 4.9K 168
Od MsDreamerGirl84

All rights reserved ©2015 by MsDreamerGirl84

"When you find someone that makes your heart skip a beat, stop the search and take the risk." - Anonymous

Rafael Alejandro Valiente's POV

Grandt Carlston Hotel

"WHAT?" She just called me a gay? It's not that I care. Hell, I don't care if he calls me a gay. Gay is not something to be ashamed of. I wanted to laugh because everybody knew that was ridiculous. What game is she playing? I smiled inwardly when a wicked thought crossed my mind.

Every eye was directed at me waiting for my next move. I smirked mischievously as I walk closer to her.

"Honey, you should have told me that you were upset when our lovemaking was interrupted with that important call?" I exclaimed loudly for everyone to hear, as I grinned wolfishly. Her eyes widened in surprise with my retort. She looks around her and she was horrified when everyone was looking maliciously at her. The girl whom she argued a while ago was staring at her wide-eyed.

As soon as I was close to her, I quickly scooped her up in my arms causing her to squeal in protest. Her cheeks were the color of a ripe tomato. "I'll borrow my lady for a while ladies as I have some unfinished business to finish!" I said loudly as I winked at them and walk briskly to the door with her in my arms squirming furiously. Her face turned scarlet of embarrassment.

"Put me down! How dare you tell them we had sex!" she snapped angrily.

"FYI my love, I said, we made love," I whispered to her cheeks which doubled the blush on her cheeks if that's possible. Her eyes turn into one thin line. I ignored her and just kept walking to the elevator. All the people in the lobby were looking at us with full curiosity.

I felt her warm breath blowing against my chest, and realized she's trying to hide her face from everyone. I chuckled.

The guard saw me and he quickly pushed the button. The elevator door slid open and I walked in with her still in my arms, since I have no plans of letting her go.

"Please put me down," she begged as she squirmed off as soon as we are inside the elevator exclusively.

"Ah-Ah!" I object shaking my head in disapproval. When I reached my door, I used my other foot to kick the door to get Tanya's attention. Not long, the door was open. Tanya was surprised to see me with a girl in my arms but she smiled after.

"You can leave now, Tanya," I said dismissively. Tanya smiled and pick up her purse and left us closing the door behind her.

I walk straight to the master bedroom and tossed her on my enormous soft bed. She squealed when she landed on my bed.

"You Jerk!" she screamed as she bolted upright. She scrambled out of my bed and was thinking to walk out my door but I block her. I drag her back to the bed and we both fell on the bed me on top of her.

"Gay huh?" I smirked, leering at her. She looks stiffened. I look down on her lips ignoring her frozen state. I slowly dipped my head attempting to kiss her since I've been longing and dreaming of having a real taste of her lips after that brief kiss.

She tried to push me but I didn't budge. My head was focused on trying to kiss her, to explore the inside of her mouth.

"No......... Please........ No!" she suddenly screamed in her frozen state, waking me up with my hypnotic state.

I frantically got up and backing away from her. I realized she was shaking. Her eyes were glistening and tears streaming down her cheeks. She looks scared. I was alarmed all of a sudden, my head seemed to freeze as I watch her crying.

What just happened?

I don't know what to do. "I'm sorry... Bella.. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to frighten you!" I said softly, still panicking. I tried to hold her and comfort her but she flinched and curled in a ball with her two hands curled around her body. I stood there frozen not knowing how to comfort her. She looked terrified and shaking. I felt hurt and it pained me to see her like that.

Trauma. That hits me. Something in her past. Was she rape? Was she abused? My whole body tense up as it dawns on me. Her reaction was someone you could see from a rape victim or someone was abused. The way she stiffened when I was trying to kiss her, the way she flinched when I'm attempting to touch her. God, I'm going to kill whoever touched her.

I slowly walked over to her. Perching at the edge of the bed, "Bella, it's me, Rafael," I said softly. The heart is heavy as I watch her still curled in a ball, shaking. "I'm sorry my love, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to kiss you, that's all. If you don't want it, I would never force you again. I promise." I swallowed hard, my hand hangs in the air, still hesitant if I should touch her.

She didn't move.

I stood up and paces back and forth, raking my hair with my fingers and momentarily pulling it in frustrations.

Damn! What am I thinking?

After a long silence, she stood up. I stopped and watched her. She looked disoriented. I wanted to hold her in my arms and comfort her but I was scared she would completely hate me and she would be scared of me.

"Bella," I called her name softly. She looked at me with a blank face. Her eyes lost its sparkles. They look spiritless, like a lost soul. All the more my heart felt heavier. I want to kill whoever did it to her and would kill him again and again.

I walked closer and she didn't move. I stretched my other hand to reach her and she didn't flinch. When my hand touched her arm, I felt relieved she didn't step back or flinch away. I move closer and pulled her into my chest so gently like she would break and hold her closely to me. A tear escapes my eyes when her soft shaking body snuggled against mine.

She didn't protest as I held her tight rather gently. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to terrify you," I apologized softly as I kissed her head. I felt her hands wrapped around my body shakily. After a long silence with just our breathings talk, I pulled away but not releasing her completely and look at her. "Are you alright now?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah," she replied softly, even her voice lacking of a soul as she looked up to meet my eyes. Those cerulean eyes that kept haunting me at night didn't shimmer, they lack in spirit, though they still look beautiful to me. Her face that made me think irrationally is just a few inches away from my eyes. She looks down and I pulled her again to me and held her like she's going to fade. We hold each other for a while and I cherished every second of it.

......

"What happened, Bella? Why were you scared all of a sudden? Did you think I will hurt you?" I asked cautiously with hurt in my voice, as soon as we are out of my bedroom and we are sitting on the couch.

"I don't know, Rafael," she replied stiffly as she looked away refusing to meet my eyes. I know she's hiding something and I want to know it. Did someone abuse her? Wait? Bill told me that she ran away when she was thirteen and found unconscious 150 km from their house. Does it have something to do with her father? Did the asshole abuse her?

FUCK!

Bill had definitely missed some information.

"Why did you tell them we made love?" she spat interrupting me out of my thoughts, dropping the topic. Looks like the feisty girl is back. I didn't pursue the topic. I know she's not ready to talk about it so I let it go.

"Why did you tell them I'm a GAY?" I counter asked watching her closely.

She looked away. "I was pissed at her. She kept asking a question about you," she replied after a few moments of silence.

"Why? What did she ask?" I asked curiously. She was looking anywhere but my eyes.

"Nothing!" she replied curtly.

"So if she asked nothing why did you get mad?" I quipped, looking at her trying to meet her eyes.

"I was pissed off. I'm in no mood to discuss you!" she snapped as she met my eyes. Her words cut deep through me. Am I not interesting to her because she's very interesting to me?

"Are you sure?" I countered playfully concealing the feeling of indirect rejection.

"OF COURSE, I AM!" she growled gruffly giving me a deathly glare.

"So what are you going to do now that they think we made love?" I ask nonchalantly. Her face turned stony and she faces me like she wanted to kill me.

"Do you think I still have the face to see them after you told them we made love? Knowing your reputations as a womanizer, and I'm just your employee, plus there's nothing going on between us? You sure know how to ruin me!" she sputtered angrily.

I didn't budge. "Then be my girl, Bella! Let's satisfy their curiosity," I replied casually. I don't really care what people say.

"Stop calling me, Bella! My name is Bell, not Bella!" she snapped as she stood up furiously.

"I like calling you Bella. It suits you. You're beautiful," I stated coolly not affected by her temper. She just glared at me and headed to my door.

"So what do you say?" I asked stopping her midway to the door.

"Say what?" she snapped her head to my direction as she raises her eyebrow.

"About my proposal, becoming my girl?" I asked casually. Not intimidated by her coldness. "You don't want those morons to think you're just sleeping around, right?" I remarked nonchalantly as I leaned my back on the couch watching her reactions.

"Until when?" she asked out of curiosity. She was now facing me and she crosses her arms on her chest.

"I don't know?" I replied, not sure until when. I unconsciously glanced at my watch, it's almost seven at night. "I'll drive you home. Maybe we can talk about it over dinner," I said as I rose from my seat. I shoved my hands in my pocket to check if my car keys were in there and found it with my phone.

"I can take a cab," she declined quickly as she spun on her heel to the door but I reached her before she was out of the door grabbing her by the waist with my other hand while I locked the door with my free hand, and led her to the elevator.

"I said I'll take a cab!" she hissed angrily trying to get out of my hold.

"Stop squirming, mi amor! Remember we are boyfriend and girlfriend," I reminded her as I grinned and pulled her closer. She rolled her eyes.

"We don't have an audience so please get your hands off my waist!" she growled, but she didn't pull herself away. For some reason, I like my hands around her waist.

The elevator jolted to a stop and the door slid open. I led her outside the building where my sleek silver Bugatti Veyron was parked. I opened the door for her and she slid in without a word and I helped her buckled up. I could smell her potent lavender and vanilla scent making me feel intoxicated. I quickly buckled her seatbelt ignoring her disapproval. I rounded my car and slid in smoothly inside the driver seat and settled in.

Soon enough, I was parking at an empty parking slot of the busy restaurant. I helped her out of the car. When we walked to the entrance she gripped my hand. I looked at her quizzically.

"The place looks fancy and I'm dressed like a slob." She grimaced as looks down on herself.

She still looked hot in her high waist, flare black trousers and three-fourth sleeve buttoned white shirt, tucked in. "You look fine, mi amor," I whispered against her ear and ignored her snort as I snaked my hand around her waist. "Let's go!"

I led her to the fancy door of the restaurant. "What is the name of this restaurant?" she suddenly asked as we approached the host.

"Indochine, it's a French-Vietnamese cuisine," I replied shortly as I smiled at the young blonde.

****

Clara Bell Bennet's POV

My insecurities kicked in once I realized that he parked the car to a fancy restaurant. I looked like a slob in my uniform. I wish I had dressed a bit more this morning. I just hate it when I get lazy to dress up more just like the typical ladies.

Although he assured me that I look fine, I can't relax. I felt like I don't belong here. Then I felt his hand around my waist, pulling me possessively close to him as he led me to the door. There's no escape.

I asked the name of the restaurant just to make a conversation and shake it off the insecurities that were eating me up.

A young blonde approached us smiling sexily at him barely glancing at me. She was openly batting her eyelashes to him ignoring my presence much to my annoyance.

"Welcome to Indochine, Mr. Valiente!" she purred sensually and she glanced at me for a second then her eyes lingered to him.

"For two" Rafael smiled, his hand never left my waist.

"Follow me please..." then she sashayed sexily leading us to a corner that was dimly lit. The place looked cozy and very romantic. All of a sudden Rafael stopped and greeted a very stunning girl. Brown haired, lightly glowing tanned skin, a bit taller than me probably because she's wearing a sky-high heel. She looked like a goddess in her green dress barely just above her knee. I felt the insecurities growing inside of me.

"Alessandra," I heard Rafael called her and he was utterly surprised.

"Rafael?" she giggled and soon they were hugging, completely oblivious around them. I wanted to smack him. I just stood behind him watching them. A very handsome and taller guy, almost as the same height as Rafael approached them grimly and swatted Rafael's hands around her.

Possessive, I thought.

"Hands off my wife, Valiente!" he growled playfully but I saw a little alarm in his eyes.

Rafael laughed as he raises his hands in surrender," she's all yours, bro!" he taunted causing Alessandra to laugh. The guy wrapped his other hand around her and the girl looked at him lovingly. I saw how much the two love each other and I want to have that look in their eyes. When I look at Rafael, he was shaking his head. "Oh, I'm sorry. Alessandra, Stav, this is my girlfriend, Clara Bell Bennet!" he introduced as he snaked his hand around my waist.

"Mi Amor, this is Alessandra a good friend of mine and her husband, Stavros Demakis."

"Thank goodness, finally, Rafael found you," she squealed as she pulled me for a hug. I was taken aback. She was like Enna, too hyper and very easy going. While Rafael and the husband shake hands and shared brief hugs, Alessandra told me how wonderful Rafael is. When I look at Stavros and Rafael, I realized how close the two were.

"Call me Ali! I'm glad he finally found his match. He is a very kind hearted guy you just have to be patience with him. Sometimes their egos are too big than their heads," she giggled happily as she still held my hand. She looked so warm and sweet. Her enthusiasm is so infectious causing me to smile.

"Call me, Bell!" I replied sweetly.

"Why don't you guys, joined us?" Alessandra offered, smiling at Rafael and glancing at me most of the time. Her smile was plastered on her face.

"We may need a bigger table," Stavros said to the host and she smiled and told us to wait for a few minutes. After our pleasantries, the host came back and led us to a lounge a bit farther from the entrance door. Rafael let me sit first before he occupied the spot beside me. Alessandra was sitting across me her husband sat beside her.

"Your server will be with you shortly, Mr. Valiente, Mr. Demakis," the host smiled. Her flirty tone was gone.

"So where are you working Bell?" Alessandra asked sweetly. The two was talking about business.

"At the Grandt Carlston Hotel," I replied briefly.

"Didn't Rafael just acquire that hotel recently?" she asked as she glanced at Rafael who was talking animatedly with Stavros. When she didn't get his attention, she nudges his side with her elbow causing her husband to look at her. "Right, Babe?" she asked her husband with her face confused and glancing at Rafael once in a while.

Stavros stared at her frowning with confusion. 

"Rafael just bought the GCH recently," she repeated, glaring at him slightly then shifted her gaze to Rafael.

"Yes," Rafael replied nonchalantly.

"Shit, man! You finally found love," Stavros suddenly laughed loudly causing the other customer to look in our direction. I was confused. Alessandra just looked at me grinning mischievously as she sipped the ice tea the waiter just brought us.

"Why is your wife having an ice tea? Are you being too thrifty to her needs?" Rafael taunted ignoring his remark.

"She's pregnant buddy! That's why you better set it straight with Clara Bell before you are out of space on the calendar," he teased continuously.

I felt my blood to my cheeks. I looked down on my drinks to hide my blush. "Shut up, babe!" Alessandra spat at him. I smiled as I look at them. Stavros just grinned at her lovingly and he stops. I'm so jealous I wish I will find a man like him, too.

"Congratulations then, buddy," Rafael grinned happily. I congratulated them, too.

After like a decade, the waiter brought our food and soon we are all digging in. Stavros and Rafael were talking about business again, about the stock market, etc. He was very attentive to me, too, which made Stavros kept on teasing him.

"So if ever this asshole wasn't nice to you, Clara Bell, you can come work with me," Stavros playfully told me, eyeing Rafael once in a while, as he said those words.

"That was really nice of you, Stavros, but I think I'm fine at the Hotel," I said as I smiled at him.

"Stop giving her ideas, Demakis!" Rafael snapped at him making him burst into a fit of laughter.

"Are you scared? Because you know if she comes to work with me, you know I'm not selling my company to you, ever?" he taunted.

"Oh, shut up, Demakis! If I knew you're this asshole I wouldn't have let her go," he snapped sarcastically, grinning at Alessandra. I was shocked. Is Alessandra and Rafael were lovers before? I felt jealous after the revelation, although I'm not sure if that's the case but just the thought made me cry. I hold back the tears that were about to well up under my eyelid.

"So how was that lawsuit you filed at your longshoreman team in Santander Port?" Stavros asks him casually as if they didn't just bicker a while ago.

"I dropped the charges," Rafael replied with less interest as he swigged his wine in one gulp.

"Well, that's good, man. Those people actually have kids who just depend on them, I heard," Stavros commented looking at him intently.

"Yeah, I actually met a few. They are forgiven and I didn't let them pay since they don't have the means to pay the damage they had done. Instead, I gave them severance pay, but they can't work in my company again," he shrugged as he glances at me. I'm still shocked. He keeps surprising me. I thought he already made up his mind wanting those poor people to go behind bars. I was relieved that he finally had the heart to let them go and forgive them. And knowing that he didn't even ask them to pay the damage made me more in awe of him. I thought he was really a black-hearted guy.

I felt his hand snake around my waist and he smiled at me. I smiled back, this time, it was genuine.

Stavros and Alessandra were looking at us happily. Alessandra was leaning against Stavros' chest and he was kissing her head once in a while, while his hands were around her waist all the time. Sometimes I wanted to think that Rafael loves me too because he does that to me, whenever he was hugging me.

The dinner went well, and we said our goodbyes to the couple. Rafael's hand never left my waist as he led me back to his car.

He opened the door for me and I stepped in and buckled myself before he did it. I can't stand our closeness. I have to at least put a distance because I'm slowly falling for his charm and I don't think it's a good thing. I'm still bothered what was he to Alessandra before but I don't want to ask him, to give him the wrong impression.

He started the engine and soon we are on the road. He was so quiet and I'm starting to feel awkward. "Thank you!" I said as I look at him breaking the silence in the air.

"For what?" he asked smiling at me and his gaze shifted back on the road.

"For the nice dinner and for letting those people live a normal life again," I replied earnestly.

"It's the right thing to do, right?" he answered glancing at me once in a while. I just nod. I wanted to ask about Alessandra but I kept my mouth shut.

Shortly, we reach our place and pulled right in front of the Langley's building. He walked briskly to my side and opened the door for me. He helped me out of the car, then he walked me to the entrance door.

I turned to say goodbye, but he pulled me to his chest and claimed my lips. He kissed me passionately, and it was the most heavenly feeling I have ever experienced. I just soon found my hands around his neck trying to get a support of my feet that feels like a jelly right now. And I realized I was responding fervently. Our lips only parted when we draw breath. I was panting and the feeling was indescribable. I have never been kissed before. He was still holding me closely. His eyes were dark and with too many emotions I couldn't comprehend. I pulled away and he groaned but he releases me anyway.

As soon as our body parted, I felt disappointed but I ignored it. I was about to walk to the entrance double door when a beautiful brunette with her skimpy dress walk out and ran at Rafael and hug her.

"Kristela? What are you doing here?" Rafael asked with his surprise face. He was staring at her. The girl was still holding him like a leech. My heart ache when I saw his eyes softened as he looked at her.

"Good night, Rafael!" I snapped and walked straight to the elevator trying to catch the open elevator before closing.

I saw Rafael ran to me but the elevator door closes. "Bella, wait!" I heard him called before it completely closed.

I let the tears free from falling.

I should know better

****

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

8.7K 396 64
Two successful people fell in love at the right moment and at the right time. But one of them is dealing with their own demons. They had an inner tur...
2.6M 99.5K 45
Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was he staring at me?" Leaning towards me h...
6.3M 248K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
3.7K 73 22
Angelo, The worlds most richest CEO in Los Angeles California, He works with ladies that have been cheated on and helps them out by a seductive game...