Another Forever

De mahumwrites

"Say it." He whispered, stepping closer to me. "I love you too." I finally admitted, my cheeks flushing dark... Mai multe

n o t e
c h a r a c t e r s
p r o l o g u e
1 | h i m
2 | c o l l i s i o n
3 | s c a n d a l o u s
4 | c h e e r f u l
5 | l a h o r e
6 | m e h n d i
7 | m i n e
8 | g o n e
9 | r e m i n d e r
1 0 | g r i e f
1 1 | p r o p o s a l
1 2 | r u d e
1 3 | a w k w a r d
1 4 | n i k a a h
t r a i l e r
1 5 | d i s a p p o i n t m e n t
1 6 | u n d e r s t a n d i n g
1 7 | r e c e p t i o n
1 8 | a l o n e
1 9 | c u d d l e s
2 0 | s i l e n c e
2 1 | a d v a n c e s
2 2 | m e m o r i e s
2 3 | c o n f u s i o n
2 4 | s a r e e
2 5 | q u e s t i o n s
2 6 | l i e s
2 7 | t r i p
2 8 | s u n s e t
2 9 | a f r a i d
3 0 | f a m i l y
3 1 | c l o s u r e
3 2 | a f t e r m a t h
3 3 | c a t a s t r o p h e
3 4 | c r u e l
3 5 | h a n g o u t
3 6 | a p o l o g y
3 7 | s u r p r i s e
3 8 | f e e l i n g s
3 9 | i n - l a w s
4 0 | f a r
4 1 | d i l e m m a
4 2 | c u d d l e s
4 3 | g a l a
4 4 | t r u s t
4 5 | a n g r y
4 7 | b l u s h
4 8 | d a r k
e p i l o g u e

4 6 | a c c i d e n t

6.7K 523 47
De mahumwrites

• n o o r •

After hearing the news of the accident, I rushed to the hospital in swfit. My imagination was buzzing with the worst possible scenarios and panic was filling my chest. Thankfully, I found a cab just outside the building that helped me reach the hospital within half an hour. I asked the receptionist and followed her guidelines to reach room no. 17 where Faaris was admitted.

I entered the room anxiously and found him lying on the bed. Two doctors were standing beside his bed, a man and a woman. He had a bandage wrapped around his forehead and there was a cast on his leg. To my relief, he was awake and was blinking his eyes at me.

“I am Noor, his wife.” I introduced myself to both doctors.

“Oh yeah, we were waiting for you. So, the thing is, your husband was hit by a car. He has suffered a fracture in his right leg and some small lacerations on his forehead. But fortunately, the rest of the tests came out clear.” The blonde one said.

“We have done a closed reduction of the fracture but he will need to wear a cast for at least a month.” The other one said. “We’ll keep him under observation for 24 hours after which he can be discharged. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.”

After saying this, they left me alone with Faaris. He was staring at me with a blank expression. Ignoring that, I went to him and stood by the bedside, staring at his leg. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I blamed myself for this. If I hadn’t upset him, he wouldn’t have left like this and this wouldn’t have happened. It was all my fault.

“Why did you come?” He asked. He didn't sound angry, just tired and in pain.

“What do you mean why? You are my husband.” I replied slowly.

He narrowed his eyes at me and then closed his eyes.

“Are you in pain?” I asked.

“They have given me strong painkillers.” He replied. "I just feel dizzy."

“Faaris!” I heard a shriek and both of us looked towards the door from where Mom and Dad were rushing inside. “Ya Allah! My son; my sweet, sweet son.” She said in Punjabi while simultaneously crying. I had forgotten I had called them on my way here.

“I am not dead Mom. It’s just a fracture.” Faaris said lazily.

She recited something under her breath and then blew on his head. Dad, on the other hand, called the doctor to discuss Faaris’ condition. Once satisfied that he wasn’t in any grave danger, they took a seat on the attendant’s chairs.

“Why were you walking on the road?” Dad asked.

Faaris exchanged a look with me and then answered softly. “I just wanted fresh air.”

“Were you with him?” Dad asked me and I got nervous all of  sudden. “Did you get any injuries Noor?”

“I…”

“I left home without telling her.” Faaris intervened.

“That is very irresponsible of you.” Mom said in between her tears

"Why is everyone being so dramatic?" He whispered, yawning.

Both of them stayed there for an hour after which I convinced them to leave because Mom herself had a fever and I didn’t want her to be exposed to any infections. As the medicines started to kick in, Faaris’s breaths deepened and he closed his eyes. While he slept, I scooted the chair closer to him and sat down on it. Bringing my hand to his head, I brushed some blood stained locks away and then placed a small kiss on his bandaged head.

“I love you.” I whispered in his ear although he couldn’t hear. I held his hand in between mine and then rested my head against the chair in an uncomfortable position. Soon, my own eyelids started to grow heavier so I closed my eyes and succumbed to sleep.

°•°•°•°

• f a a r i s •

The last thing I heard from Noor before giving in to the medicines were I love you. I couldn't focus on that last night but now that the brain fog had cleared, I could feel those words ringing in my ears.

Noor had gone to the canteen to bring some food for us. Hospital food, urgh! I never liked hospitals but I didn't have any choice. I'd be discharged tomorrow but I had to stay one more day here under observation.

When Noor returned, I got flustered thinking of her words once again. Then again, there was a high chance she just said it out in sympathy. Whatever it was, I wanted to hear it from her again and again.

She placed the brown paper bags on the side table and then helped me sit up. Pain shot in my leg and I winced, holding her hand tightly. I didn't want to depend on anyone but there was nothing that could be done about it. And contrary to whatever she might be thinking, I didn't put myself in danger deliberately.

Her fruity scent filled me while she supported my shoulder. Once I was in sitting position, she seated herself in front of me and tore open the paper bag.

"I brought soup for you. You need nutrition." She said and handed the container to me. But then she saw the bandage around my index finger and said, "I'll feed you."

I nodded watching her as she fumbled with the container. Nervously, she brought a spoon full of soup to my mouth and fed me. No matter how much I try, I could never stay angry with Noor for long. Just one glance of her and here I am, smiling internally like a teenager again.

To aid her, I brought my face closer to her. She was blushing while her hand holding the spoon trembled.

"You don't have to stay here. Besides, you have a job now. You don't need to interrupt your life for me." I said.

She replied softly, "I am not leaving you alone."

"But you left me alone earlier." I said, reminiscing the hurt she inflicted on me.

"I…" Tears started to appear in her big, brown eyes. "I… I didn't…"

"But you did." I said.

"I am sorry." She lowered her head, playing with her fingers. "It won't happen again. I just didn't know how to deal with that information so I left."

"That information was not important enough to dwell on. Whatever stupid crush I had on you, it wasn't more than the love I had for my brother. And if you think I was elated at the possibility of marrying you, you couldn't be more wrong. I never wanted to marry you, you were always supposed to be Usama's wife, but God had another plans that we both had to accept." I said, taking small pauses in between the sentences due to weakness.

She nodded, looking deeply embarrassed.

"Now if you don't mind, I'm hungry so can you feed me?" I asked and that brought a small smile on her face.

"Sure." She said.

"And now that you've said it won't happen again, next time you decide to leave the house, I'll be obliged to throw you over my shoulder and bring you back." I smirked and my jaw hurt at that but it was worth the blush on her cheeks.

"Yeah, right." She rolled her eyes and brought the spoon to my mouth.

•°•°•°•

I was discharged later that day. My friend Ali came to drop us home with his wife. I felt bad for having to use his help but it was better to have him than Noor shift me in and out of wheelchair.

He and Hina stayed at our home for some time. While Noor and Hina Bhabhi were in the kitchen, Ali strictly told me to not worry about work as he will handle everything. I just needed to take complete bed rest as the doctors have advised.

"What am I supposed to do then? Sit at home and knit?" I asked.

"You can. Your arms are intact." He smirked and I groaned. "Besides, you can have the honeymoon you never had. A staycation."

"Honeymoon with a broken leg? Seems like a nice plan." I sarcastically said.

"Well, there are positions in which..." Before he could finish the sentence, I picked up a decorative book from the side table and threw it at him. He chucked it in time and grinned in return.

"What are you guys talking about?" Hina Bhabhi said as she and Noor walked out of the kitchen with some food. The smell of Biryani hit my nostrils and I inhaled deeper. I loved Noor's biryani even more than Mom's biryani, if that was even possible. My mouth salivated at the thought of the taste reaching my tastebuds.

Before I could pour some of it in a plate, Noor pushed the tray away from me and placed a small bowl in front of me, one containing what looked like some sort of broth.

"No biryani for you. You need to get better first." She said.

"That's not fair." I grumbled under my breath.

"Should've thought before wandering on a road." Ali shrugged, making an orgasmic face as he took a spoonful, mostly to irk me.

•°•°•°•

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

191K 6.8K 43
"I'm not your personal doctor. And why the hell you want me to bandage your forhead when you have long list of girls to do it for you." I said glarin...
754K 43K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
4.5M 231K 151
❤️ Completed ❤️ She brings two coffee mugs in her hands and sees that he is busy with his work, she does not want to disturb him in any way, so she i...
Bekhudi || √ De نمکین

Ficțiune generală

886K 55K 54
**A Wattpad featured story** Bekhudi || بیخودی ❝ He gently dragged his hand around the delicate skin of my neck, slowly care...