The Boy Next Door

By em_writess

This is Dual Pov Between Ace and Mia! (A lot of flirting and a tiny bit of smut) š—”š—°š—² š—¦š˜š—²š—暝—¹š—¶š—»š—“: š™°... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
Epilouge #1
Epilogue #2
Bonus Chapter
Authors Note

[12]

1.5K 21 3
By em_writess

I take a minute to change and put all the jewelry back where it originally was. I decide to just put on a hoodie and black shorts.

Well, not just any hoodie.

Damn, I have been wearing Ace's hoodie a lot. Not gonna lie though, it is pretty comfortable.

I start to brush my hair and walk out onto the balcony. While doing that I could see into Ace's room.

He was standing there shirtless. God, please help me, this man is fine. He was wearing grey sweatpants and was putting on plain black hoodie.

I guess he could sense me peering in through the window because he then comes out onto his own.

"Hasn't anyone told you that it's rude to stare princess," he says and hops over his balcony and onto mine.

"I wasn't staring at you. I was looking through your window and at the boring wall of yours, you really need decorations," I say trying to make it sound believe-able.

"Is that so," he says while taking a step closer.

"Yes, it is," I say and smile at him.

I walk back into my room and he follows. I put the brush back where I found it and then plop down on my bed.

"Ah so this is where the princess spends her time," he says while walking around the room.

"Yep, I sleep, eat and put clothes on. You know the basics." I say. "Do you wanna do something."

"Yeah wanna play a game," he asks.

"Sure what's the game," I ask.

"20 questions," he says. "I can ask you a question and then you do the same for me."

"Okay, any rules," I ask.

"Nope you can go as far as you want to," he says and takes a seat on my bed.

***
We both took turns asking the basic questions. Like what's your favorite food, color, music artist, or drink. The basic stuff.

I want to ask him about his relationship with girls and his family. I have never seen anyone come out of that house only him.

"What do you wanna be when you are older," he asks.

Man, that's a good one. "Uh I have always had a passion for writing and acting, but being a sports broadcaster would be cool."

"I never would've thought that you would want to be a sports broadcaster," he says and chuckles a little. I hit his arm for that.

"Not nice," I say. "My turn."

"Go ahead," he says

"Have you had any significant others in your life," I ask? I look like a tomato because of how red my face is at the moment.

"Why do you wanna know if I am taken," he says and did a pretend flip of his hair like girls do.

"No it's just a question," I say. "Also be honest."

"Mia I know why you are asking me this question. Is it because I fuck around with so many different girls at our school," he says.

"Yeah," I say.

"Okay, then why don't you ask the real question."

"Okay, Ace why do you do it? Why do you play with girls like that."

We lock eyes for a moment but this time I look away first. I can't help but feel a bit scared about his answer. I care about Ace and I know he has a bad reputation but I can't help it.

"It all started when my parents told me that they were starting their own business. I was so excited for them, but I didn't think it would mean not getting to see them. They travel so much and missed so many important moments in my life." he sighs a little. " It was the summer before my freshman year when they started the business and that's when I went to live with Todd, my uncle."

"That is the man from earlier," I say.

"Correct. He is not a very trustworthy person. When he took me in I was one of the mediocre players in basketball, but he insisted that I go all in. So I did. I practiced day after day after day and officially it paid off. I have gotten so many offers from so many colleges but turned them all down because it is not something I can see myself doing."

"Is that what you guys were arguing about in the kitchen."

"Yeah, he came here because there were NBA scouts at my championship game last year for high school and a few games I played in the summer. They wanted me to come and scrimmage with the team, but I told them no."

"So that's why he came because he wants you to play but you just can't because you don't love the sport like you used to."

"Exactly."

"Hey, just keep doing what you are doing and something that you say should end up in his brain."

"I sure hope so."

"But you still need to answer my question."

"Oh yeah, I was getting there."

"Oh sorry keep going."

"So when I came back to my house I was starting junior year. I couldn't take the pressure. He called me every day and just asked me about basketball that's it. So I would bang a chick here and there to get my mind off it. There has never been anything serious just flings here and there."

"Ok gotcha, would you ever decide on not doing that."

I give in a little more and ask a deeper question. I appreciate Ace for telling me about how controlling Todd is and what his parents do.

"Yeah if the right person comes along."

"Do you believe in love?"

"Yes and no. Love is complicated but truly I believe that there is someone out there for you."

"Good answer."

"My turn."

"Okay fine."

"How is your family life like, I have seen your mom but no dad."

"Well, we moved here because of my mom's new job, but also because my parents are divorced. My dad wasn't always the kindest person. There were times when an argument got too much and he would break things, curse repeatedly, and even hit me. Me and my mom thought it was too much so that's why we moved."

As I say that I couldn't help but cry a little. I never told anyone about that, or what he usually did to us.

"Mia, I'm so sorry," Ace says and pulls me into a hug. I take it in and cry on his chest.

"Don't be sorry you never did anything," I say.

"Thank you for opening up to me."

"You're welcome, it felt really good to tell someone about how I have been feeling," he says.

I lift my head from his chest and check my phone.

"Damn it's already 2 in the morning," I say shocked. Wow, guess we were really into it.

"Time fly's when you're having fun," Ace says. He gets up off the bed and starts to walk onto the balcony.

"Thanks again," I say.

"Anything for my princess," he says and jumps back onto his balcony.

I walk back into my room, Let's try and get some sleep even though I probably won't be able to.

A/N
Okay now we got to the juicy stuff. Ace finally opened up to Mia which is a big step for him. Also just remember to vote if you like this chapter and comment too!

Word Count- 1,244

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

690K 19.7K 35
"I know that I can fuck up your whole life with one look. But I can't stop myself." āœ° āœ° āœ° Mia Rose...
97.5K 4K 57
"Can i kiss you?" He asks smirking, while walking towards me "No" "Do you even know what i just said" "Yes" i reply with a bit of attitude "What d...
38K 1.8K 42
[Book 1 of the Mia Series] This story is about Mia and the struggles she deals with throughout her senior year in high school. Unfortunately, she has...
1.8M 30.2K 39
He's rich. He's dangerous. He's sexy. After moving to California, I met a notorious bad boy named Ace. As my feelings for him grew stronger, so did m...