Most Valuable Parent (MVP #1)

By holl1e27

Pro hockey star, Christian Brooks, has everything he ever needed as a starting forward Right Winger, and a th... More

Coming October 31, 2022
SYNOPSIS & AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
Prologue
1 - My World
2 - Enemy #1
3 - Dirtbag Fiancé
4 - Girl Time
5 - Mama Knows Best
6 - Pricks and Stones May Break My Bones
7 - Dear Ethan, I Hate You
8 - Girls Night In
9 - Game Day
10 - My Girlfriend For Five Minutes
11 - Vivi = Bitch
12 - Distance
13 - Exhausted
14 - Coffee Dates
15 - Surgery
16 - Recovery
17 - Sisters and Misters
18 - Grilled Cheesus
19 - Follow Up
20 - Bachelorette Party
21 - My Best Friends' Wedding
22 - My Best Friends' Wedding, Part II
23 - Hungover at a Baby Shower
24 - Emotionally Yours
25 - Physically Mine
26 - Tangled
27 - Mama Approved
28 - Good Taste in Music
29 - Kidnapper
30 - Christmas in 60 Degree Weather
31 - My Girlfriend the Cowgirl
32 - My Boyfriend the Famous Hockey Player
33 - Crazy
34 - My Daughter
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
BONUS CHAPTER - Hubba Hubba Baby
BONUS CHAPTER - Crisp October Mornings
BONUS CHAPTER - Baby's First Christm- *Hockey Game
BONUS CHAPTER - Ours
Most Valuable Playmaker

BONUS CHAPTER - On the Road

15.6K 418 65
By holl1e27

Charlie - 9
Max - 4
Maisie - 20 months

I hold my phone against my ear. "I miss you, Daddy." Max's little voice comes through the speaker.

"I miss you too." I frown, leaning against the wall.

"I wanna talk to Dad!" Charlie yells before I hear shuffling. I glance around the corner at the tables in front of me. Someone comes walking out of the bathroom, nearly running into me. "Hi Daddy!"

"Hey cutie." I say, leaning back against the wall with a smile on my face.

"Mommy said you won. I would've had to knock some sense into ya if not." Charlie says and I laugh.

"Good to know. Hey, hand the phone to Mama." The women's bathroom door swings open and two women come walking out. Their dresses are entirely too short and their makeup is way to heavy.

"Oh my God. You're like, a football player or something. Aren't you?" The box dyed blonde asks.

"Hey."

I ignore the girls in front of me. "Hey baby." I kick the heel of my boot into the carpet.

"Did you hear what he called you?" The other girl squeals and I roll my eyes.

"You cheating on me baby?" Brinley's tone was playful and I grin.

"I'd never even think about it." And I never have. Never will.

"Do you want to go get a drink with us?" The blonde asks and I roll my eyes.

"Hey Brin, hold on a sec." I slightly pull my phone away from my ear. Enough to be somewhat respectful to the girls that can't take a hint, yet close enough Brinley can hear perfectly.

"We're heading to the bar down the street."

"Incase you didn't notice. I'm on the phone. With my wife and children. You do know what a wife is, correct?" I ask, my gaze darting between the girls.

"Most celebrities don't care."

"Well, I do. Very much." I bring the phone closer to my ear as the brunette scoffs. Just as they start to walk away, I say, "Oh, and it's hockey. Not football.", which earns me the middle finger.

"Marry me."

"Already did but, I'd happily do it again." I grin, leaning the back of my head against the wall.

"I hate bitches."

"Mommy said a bad word!" Max yells and I chuckle.

"Mommy is a grown up." Brinley says before turning her attention back to me. "I miss you."

"Fuck, I miss you too." I grumble, closing my eyes. I'd been gone for two whole weeks.

"Maisie and I will pick you up from the airport in the morning. FaceTime me when you get back to the room?"

"Can't wait."

"Okay. I'll talk to you in a bit. Have fun. I love you."

"Bye Daddy!"

"Goodbye Dad!"

"Buh-bye Da da."

"Bye babies." I say before reluctantly hanging up.

"I don't know how you guys do it." Pierre says when I sit back down at the table.

"Do what?" I ask, scooting my chair up.

"Be tied down. I mean, you just spent two weeks away from your wife and kids." He gestures to James and I.

I shrug. "I love 'em. It sucks ass but, it doesn't matter because I love them and I know they'll be there when I get back."

James nods. "It is reassuring to know you have a family to go back to when you get home. I don't miss going home to an empty apartment at all."

I point to the blonde with a man bun. "One day, Pierre. You'll understand what we mean."

*

"Daddy! I got my Legos done!" Max exclaims, holding the phone up to his face.

I grin. "I can't wait to see it, buddy."

"It's really cool." My grin grows even wider at his excitement. "Did you tell Daddy goodnight?" I hear Brinley ask and I nearly snicker. Max avoids her gaze. "No. Goodnight Daddy." He says before his face disappears and I barely hear tiny footsteps receding.

I chuckle in amusement before Brinley's gorgeous face appears on the screen. "Hey there, stranger."

I groan. "It's been far too long."

"What do we have left, eight hours?"

"Too many hours, that's what." I drag my hand down my face in agony.

"Here's Charlie."

"Goodnight Daddy." Charlie yawns before smiling at me. Her blue eyes twinkle despite looking worn out.

"Night Sis."

"Maisie's already out." Brinley says as a bedroom door clicks shut. "Maximus you better be in bed."

The sound of faint yelling echoes through the phone. "I am! Tuck me in!"

"Give me a sec, baby." Brinley places her phone down somewhere and I'm left with a ceiling view. I sink down into the soft mattress, readjusting my pillows several times before deeming them comfortable. "Okay. Kids are in bed. Talk to me."

"About what?" I ask, feeling fatigued myself.

"Anythang. How was your day, besides the game?" Brinley asks as she sits up against the headboard of our bed. Oh how I miss that bed. And whose in that bed. And what happens in that bed. All PG, TV-14, and TV-MA rated actions.

"Boring. I slept in. Went to lunch with James. Went to warmup. Puck dropped at one-thirty. Went to dinner with some of the guys. Then ended up here. What about you? Anything exciting happen?" I roll into my side, holding my phone close to my face.

"Well, Mama left this mornin'. Charlie went to school, apparently had a test she forgot to tell me about so there was no studying."- I chuckle-"Max built his new Lego set after school. Maisie's been super clingy all day. I think she really misses you. Oh, Nora is pregnant. Charlie made you-"

I cut Brinley off after her words register. "Hold on. Say that again."

A sweet grin appears on her face. "Nora's pregnant."

"Shit, really?"

"Yeah. She found out, texted Logan, then called me."

Nora and Logan had decided to wait awhile before having kids. They wanted to enjoy married life and travel together, just the two of them. Nothing wrong with that.

Then they got pregnant two years in, then they lost the baby. It was a one time thing, unlike Brin. They took it as their sign to wait.

"Was it planned?"

"Not at all. They've been discussing it but they hadn't actually started trying yet. I'm honestly surprised this didn't happen sooner. Six years later and the two of them are still like rabbits."

I snort, "I don't think we're much better."

"We definitely are. We have children so we don't just do it whenever, wherever. They're going to have to get that poor child earplugs. It's first word is going to be Daddy for sure."

"TMI, Brin." I chuckle.

"I don't actually think she has a Daddy kink. I could be wrong though." Brinley shrugs, then changes the topic. "Speaking of kinks. Would you care to explain why there's a credit card statement from Lush Pleasures?"

I bite back a smile, "Happy birthday, baby."

"You did not get me a sex toy for my birthday."

"No.. I got two. Figured we could have a little fun."

"Christian." Brinley snaps. "We have children that like to snoop."

"We also have a safe. And high shelves in our closet." I point out. Brinley rolls her eyes with a playful smile. I let out a short laugh. "Relax, they aren't sex toys. Just lingerie. You don't need a dildo when you have me."

"What kind of lingerie?"

"The sexy kind." I reply.

"No shit, Sherlock. I mean, like: two piece? One piece? Lace? Silk?"

"You're missing the point of this. It's a present." I state dryly.

Brinley shrugs, "We both know I'm too impatient for that. That's what you get for wanting joint bank accounts."

"It's ridiculous not to. What's mine is yours."

"I don't care. I have too much money for my own good."

"Three kids. Trust funds." I explain, digging the side of my face into the white pillow.

"Will you just cuddle with me all day tomorrow?" Brinley pushes her bottom lip into a pout.

"Yes. Yes, I will." I answer eagerly.

*

"Baby, baby, baby." Brinley squeals, wrapping her arm around my neck.

I bury my face in the crook of her neck, breathing in her perfume in one long inhale.

Brinley pulls back and grins at me. "I hated every second of these past two weeks."

I cup her cheek with my hand. "I never want to do it again." Without another thought, I smash my lips onto hers. It feels like ages since I've kissed these lips.

"Let me hold my baby." I say when I reluctantly pull away.

"She's sick."

My brows furrow as I take Maisie- who is asleep- in my arms, resting her cheek on my shoulder. I tilt my head, laying my cheek on top of Maisie's. She's burning up. "Poor baby." I stroke the top of her head and kiss her chubby, rosy cheeks. I sway on the spot as I slide my hand under Maisie's pajama shirt and rub her back, that is unseasonably warm to the touch.

"Bore her already?" James asks as him and Elsie stop beside us.

"Sick?" Elsie asks and I nod. "That's no fun." She places her hands on top of her stomach, rubbing her baby bump. "I feel your pain, though, cutie."

"Daddy, put me on your shoulders." Adelyn grins up at James.

"Not right now."

"Please?" The six year old gives him her best puppy dog eyes.

"No." James gives Adelyn a stern look, earning tears to be shed.

"Nice going." I mumble, still swaying on the spot. James snickers, readjusting his grip on his three year old daughter, Everly.

"We're going home before I get sick again. See you this weekend." Elsie waves.

"Goodness gracious, what things are you teaching your children?" Emery's voice wafts my way.

"Jesus, what are you doing here?" I groan dramatically.

Emery grins. "Surpri--"

"Christian!" Pierre voices interrupts my sister-in-law.

I turn around and roll my eyes. "What's up?"

"Can you..." His eyes travel behind my shoulder and his words trail off.

I turn and follow his gaze to see Emery laughing with Charlie. I quickly turn back towards my teammate and grab his attention. "Absolutely not," I say sternly.

"I'm a grown man. You can't tell me what to do."

"Pierre. Not happening. Don't even think about it."

"Who is she?"

"My sister-in-law."

He clicks his tongue. "She's hot. What a shame."

"Don't even talk to her."

"I'm an adult. What're you gonna do?" He presses on with a smirk.

"Beat your ass."

Pierre feigns an innocent gasp. "In front of the children." He presses his palm flat to his chest. "How awful." Picking up his bags he begins to walk past me. "See ya tomorrow, bro."

I inhale an irritated breath when I see Emery look at him and he winks while flashing her his signature grin. 

"What was that?" Brinley yells. "Did you just wink at my sister?"

That's my girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.6K 1.4K 42
During their senior year of high school, after 2 years of dating, they were the golden couple that everyone envied. Cole was captain of the hockey te...
118K 3.5K 36
Kingston Spin-off #3 THE THIRD BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SPIN-OFF SERIES! Brielle Kingston is the most determined Kingston in her huge family. Newly grad...
93.6K 1.8K 38
*book two of the Counting On Hockey series. Read Just Another Goal prior to this book* Meredith and Cole are going into their Senior year of high sch...
79.6K 3.6K 32
"Leo pinned me against the wall with his hips; his hands gently gripping my wrists, keeping my arms above my head against the cool brick behind me. ...