read this when you're lonely...

By renlcve

two broken hearts mend each other back together. "if you ever feel lonely while I'm gone, read this" - ✼ sch... More

read this when you're lonely
PROLOGUE
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
55.
56.
FINALE.
EPILOGUE

54.

407 15 29
By renlcve

"do you know how to cycle?"

MR LEE stood in his garage rummaging through the many items he owned while jeno and eunha stared at him from behind, far away from the dusty area.

"yeah. I like cycling" she replies.

"do you know how to use a road bike"

"nope"

"well you're in luck because... " Mr Lee pulls out 3 helmets and some knee and elbow guards. "my wife has a regular bike that you can ride"

Mr Lee turns around the see eunha with her head tilted like a confused dog.

he throws jazz hands. "we're going cycling!"

---

"when was the last time you cycled, jeno" Mr lee asks, jeno rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly in response. "it's been a while... I didn't really get the chance to cycle. jaemin refuses to go with me"

"jae.. jaeman? who's that"

jeno blinks at his father very.. very slowly. "my best friend"

Mr lee looks up to ponder. he just shrugs. "eh I forgot"

jeno rolls his eyes, his dad continuing to find items needed for the cycling date.

"alright, " Mr lee pulls out a normal bike, setting it against the wall and then pulling out two road bikes. "this is yours, eunha" he pats the normal bike. "and this is yours, jeno" he pats the black road bike.

"since when did you have two bikes?"

"this bike," Mr lee holds onto the other white road bike. ",actually belongs to my friend. he lives in apartment so I just help him to keep the bike since we bike every weekend."

handing eunha and jeno the helmets, he puts on his sunglasses and smiles at the both of them. "brace yourselves, I like to go fast"

---

eunha felt like dying.

jeno's dad wasn't lying about how he liked to go fast. he was cycling at (exaggerated) 100 kilometers per hour; jeno wasn't any better, his body strong enough to cycle fast, matching with his fathers speed.
poor eunha was left behind, peddling with all her might as she tried to catch up with the father and son.

"my legs are gonna be so fucking sore tomorrow--" she says through pants, trying her best to let oxygen into her lungs and find the strength in herself to cycle faster. then again, no matter how fast she went, she'd never cat h up to them.

until she did.

but it was only because they noticed the lack of her presence, stopping at the side of the road as they watched her tiny figure slowly become bigger and bigger.

when eunha sees the both of them finally come to a stop, she nearly cries; cycling as fast as she could until she had reached them at last.
she nearly collapses off the bike, body over heating and feeling over used - the result of barely working out.

"oh god, you guys--" she tries to catch her breath, words slowly becoming more and more incoherent as she is continuously yearning for more oxygen in her system. "I thought you guys abandoned me!" she lies on the Rocky pavement, not even bothering to worry about how dirty it is. "I can't do this anymore" she swipes her tongue against the roof of her mouth, closing her eyes to shield them from the harsh rays of the sun. "I'm going to pass away right here right now"

"oh come on eunh-"

"no" she points a stern finger at jeno. "this is not nothing. you are just built wrong- actually no, you're built way too well. have mercy on my small puny body, jeno. I don't lift weights and do squats as a hobby"

jeno closes his mouth instantly. looking at the way eunha was dying slowly on the dirty road made him feel both concerned yet there was an urge to laugh at her suffering.

yes, jeno can sometimes be an asshole. why? because no one is built like him.

"come on eunha, we have a little bit more to go" Mr lee says but eunha shakes her head. "sorry Mr lee, I've made my decision. I am going to cease to exist right here right now and no one can change my mind" she closes her eyes and folds her arms.

"I know a great bingsu place. made by the most experienced lady ever. you can not miss it when you come to busan."

eunha opens her eyes.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"this is the best day ever!"

JENO stares at eunha rather unamused. "didn't you just say you felt like dying earlier?"

"I don't remember saying that" eunha throws him a sweet smile before going back to scooping the icy delight into her mouth. the way the soft flaky ice melted on her tongue made her close her eyes, taste buds savouring each and every bit of flavor.

jeno sighs and stirs his drink. "you're really a sucker for bingsu"

eunha hums in agreement, focusing on nothing else but her beloved bingsu.

"she's a foodie" Mr Lee says. "I like her already"

---

upon reaching home, eunha immediately runs home (after saying goodbye to Mr Lee of course) and heads into the shower, turning the temperature to icy cold and basking in the freezing water. her body had been overheating from the ride home and she wanted nothing more than to cool down and rest her whole body; maybe hibernate until their trip was over too.
out of the shower, eunha changes into a crop top and high waisted shorts. she turns on the air conditioning and invites doggy into her embrace, opening the Netflix app on her phone and relishing in an Indonesian horror movie.

"you traitor!" jeno bursts into the room, pointing a stern finger at eunha. "you abandoned me!"

eunha blinks at jeno innocently with a bread smile with the dog unintentionally mimicking her.

"what happened to best friends forever, what happened to hastag jenha" jeno makes a hashtag sign with his hands. "what happened to sticking together forever"

"jeno what are you talking about"

"you left me alone with my dad!"

"and.. "

"he made me clean the garage!"

"be a good son and help your old man clean the garage"

"alone!"

her mouth forms an "O" shape. "welp.. "

"and I saw a spider web!" jeno says with an angry pout. "AND I OPENED THE EGG SACK" he shivers, rubbing his arms up and down already imagining the feeling of millions of baby spiders crawling on his body. "what if they went inside my ear... "

"now saying that is only going to make you more paranoid" eunha points towards the bathroom. "go take a bath and change your clothes, let's watch a movie together to get your mind off things"

jeno sniffs. "what kind of movie?"

the question makes eunha grin.

"horror"

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

DAY 5

"ugh, I'm so tired"
EUNHA falls into the couch, eyes shutting immediately from fatigue. making kimchi was no easy task and eunha always forgets how tiring it can get. either that or she just isn't used to that much labor. making traditional food from scratch was a different kind of pain.
her body shuts down immediately and she's on the verge of falling asleep.

"you wanna go see my cats?"

suddenly she's awake.

"cats? you have cats?" eunha sits up to look at jeno with stars in her eyes.

"did I not mention it before?" he scratches the back of his head. "I forgot"

eunha follows his actions. "I forgot too"

--[author just forgot everything she's written before]--

"well, now you know" jeno clasps his hands together. "so.. cats. yes or no"

"you'd be an idiot to think I'd say no"

---

"my cats are all grandmas so I think they should just be relaxing under the sun" jeno guides eunha through his house and opening the door that led to the backyard. and true to his word, there were three cats spread around the area, two of them basking in the sun and the other cleaning itself.

"my children!" jeno heads towards them with open arms. but to his dismay, the moment they sensed his presence, they got up and ran away to hide. jeno drops his arms in disappointment, frown already forming on his face. "my children..." he says with sadness laced in his tone. to enhance his dramaticness, he sits on the ground cross legged and lets out the loudest sigh he could muster.

"I think they forgot you" eunha says and it only makes jeno let out another sigh with his head thrown back. "you just haven't visited in so long. I'm sure they'll recognize you soon, jen"

"my children should have my face engraved into their brains by now. I raised them to be the beautiful felines they are now"

"you or your sister"

" .... we worked together " jeno crosses his arms.

driven by her love for animals, eunha tries her best to approach the felines in a calm manner. naturally, they don't fancy her coming so close to them. but when eunha takes her time to slowly lure them out in a friendly manner, they eventually take the risk and walk towards her. eunha invites them warmly with pets on all the good cat parts. when seeing one of their fellow sibling warming up to this new human, the rest eventually follow, curious of the stranger.

"why do my children love you more than me??" eunha could hear jeno say from behind her. she looks over her shoulder and purses her lips. "it takes time." she beckons him over. "come"

jeno listens and goes towards her, taking a seat on the ground beside eunha.

eunha gently lifts on of the cats, "asking for permission" before actually lifting the feline up and placing it on jeno's lap. "here, bond again"

jeno strokes the feline on the head, scratching every part he knew would feel good., oh seollie, why did you forget your father so easily ..."

meow

"you make me so sad"

eunha smacks him on the shoulder. "don't be so dramatic. they'll remember you soon. like I said, it takes time"

jeno eventually complies and true to her word, he bonded with his cats once again.

---

"that kimchi was too delicious mom" eunha sets her plate in the sink where her mom was washing it.

"it would taste even better when it's fully fermented. I'll send you some when it's ready"

"I would love that, ma. why don't you go talk with Mrs Lee, I'll wash the dishes for you" eunha says while taking over, scooching over so much until her mum was eventually forced away from the sink. "you should relax. you did more work for me today"

ms jung couldn't help but smile, wiping the excess water off her hands into the side of her clothes. "thank you so much eunha. I'll make bossam for you tomorrow"

"can't wait" eunha scrunches her nose with a smile before nodding towards the couch where Mrs Lee sat on her phone, probably playing candy Crush like every other older woman her age whilst her grandma sat in her favorite love seat playing with doggy; the elderly woman and the dog having bonded quite well over the days. giving one last smile of acknowledgement, ms jung heads towards to couch and takes a seat right next to Mrs Lee. she pulls out her phone and eunha could only assume she started playing candy Crush too.

washing the dishes in silence alone felt different to eunha. it gave her the perfect opportunity to sort out her thoughts and just relax a little. a soft sigh leaves her lips as her mind travels back to Seoul where her friends were. she wondered what was going on in school and what minjeong was doing. what about dasom? what was she doing now? enjoying life while eunha stresses out about her secret that was leaked by her?

eunha grows tense, scrubbing the dishes harder and the clinking of plates eventually become more aggressive, reflecting how she felt.

the feeling of arms slipping around her waist followed by the oh so familiar feeling of jeno leaning against her from behind makes her relax; her shoulders loosen up, eunha not even realizing how stiff her body had become from stressing out.

"you okay?" jeno's gentle voice passes through her ear and eunha sets one of the last few plates onto the drying rack. "just thinking about stuff"

"thinking about school and you know who?" jeno responds, reading his girlfriend perfectly. eunha looking over her shoulder for a second before scoffing softly. "how did you know"

"I just do, love" jeno rests his head against hers. "you want to go outside and talk about it? get some chocolates and talk about our problems under the stars?"

"that'd be nice"

"I'll get us some kitkats. I think my dad has some in the fridge" jeno snickers."I'm gonna rob him of all his sweets"

eunha is about to giggle but the sounds of soft but audible enough giggling erupts from behind her. jeno could hear it too and they both turn their heads around to see a phone being pointed at them, their moms giggling behind it. jeno resists the urge to roll his eyes and sigh. "taking photos, mom?"

she didn't even need to reply. he already knows she did.

when eunha sets the last plate aside, jeno squeezes her cheeks together with one hand; a surge of confidence passes through him when he places a peck on her cheek right in front of both their moms, already knowing that his mom probably snapped a pic as quickly as possible when he did so. just to be a little funny, he slings an arm over eunha's shoulder and gives a peace sign to the camera along with a bread smile.

it's hard for their moms to contain their giggles and jeno could only shake his head. "my mom is so weird"

"so cute!"
they could hear them exclaim as quietly as possible.

"you go outside first, I'll go grab the chocolates" jeno ushers eunha towards the back door. "I'll be back in a blink of an eye" he leaves with a wink and sly smile.

that night, they comofrted each other about their worries under the stars. eunha talking about how she felt when finding out dasom leaked her secret around school and jeno revealing how stressed he is for his future, not knowing what he truly likes to do that'll help him when he grows older.
the rant session ends up with hugs and they both nearly fall asleep outside until ms jung finds them and shoos them back to their room where they get to properly fall asleep.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

DAY 6

IT WAS jeno and eunha's last day in busan and the two mothers wanted to make it memorable, not knowing when they'd see their children again due to their busy lives.
while eunha and jeno were outside talking the night before, they both came up with the idea of a picnic. a picnic gave them the chance to try out some new snack recipes that they've always wanted to try and not only would it be a great bonding session, but the dog and grandma could go out to get some exercise too.

the two mothers were very excited to announce the picnic whilst the two youngsters were slurping their noodles and with grandma mindlessly watering the plants outside.
of course, the two youngsters replied with a sweet smile and were immediately dragged to the nearby park after 3 hours when their food had been digested and their stomachs ready for more.

the moment when Ms jung opened the basket that contained their food felt like a movie. there was practically a glorious golden light shiny from the basket and the sound of angels singing when she pulled out the bento boxes they oh so hardworkingly decorated to look like a bear and puppy.

"this one is for eunha, and this one is for jeno" ms jung gives them the bear and puppy bento respectively.

"it's so cute!" eunha almost didn't want to eat it anymore. her mother never bothered to decorate her food throughout her whole life and her suddenly doing it now made eunha want to treasure her lunch box forever. "how can I eat this masterpiece" she cries.

"I'll eat it for you" jeno says with his mouth already stuffed full from the bento. he had only admired it for a few seconds before digging in excitedly; the smell of sausages making his mouth water.

eunha turns her body away from jeno. "scram, loser. this is mine"

"ouch" jeno side eyes her before going back to his lunch box once again.

"is grandma not eating?" eunha finally digs into her food, soul ascending to heaven the second the tasted the seasoned rice and luncheon meat.

"your grandma wanted to walk the dog" ms jung looks over her shoulder to see granny walking the dog around the park, one hand on the leash and the other behind her back. she turns to looks back at eunha. "she's taken a liking to doggy. she probably reminded her of sho" she says, referring to granny's childhood shiba named sho.

"aw, I remember she used to talk about sho alot" eunha chuckles with a small smile. "they'd play together everyday when she came home from school right?"
ms jung nods. "she loved him... with all her heart"

they both turn their heads back to granny once again. this time, they were admiring flowers together.

"beautiful, isn't it?"
they could hear her say.
the dog looks up at her and smiles before looking back at the flowers.

[not proofread]

sorry if each day is too short
and or uneventful, I'm basically
trying to speed run stuff so this book
doesn't hit 60 chaps.

do u tell me if u guys want me
to add more moments between
jeno and eunha tho. I'll just
add some parts into the chap ^^

don't forget to comment, I get
excited to read them

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 9.3K 72
..( 🎙️ )𝗡𝗖𝗧x𝗢𝗖𝘀 "𝙣𝙘𝙩 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢? 𝙙𝙪𝙙𝙚, 𝙣𝙤, 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙖 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙘𝙚!" in which a group of friends find ...
437K 21.4K 36
Donghyuck and Mark are best friends and they don't keep secrets from each other. Except Donghyuck had two secrets to keep from Mark. Started: 01/ 0...
8.9K 581 18
⭒ huang renjun ↳ "I've been living this day for weeks." ╰ Sometimes, all you have to do is face your fears. Park Jirae learns that the hard way...
133K 3.5K 32
𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚍𝚘𝚕𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚋𝚞𝚝. 10𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗�...