Taking A Risk

By TermiaBelle

"Gen, I'm going to be real with you, Do I want to have sex with you? Fuck yes. You're drop-dead gorgeous and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 16

2.9K 60 10
By TermiaBelle

Brooks

I lightly brushed my fingers against Gen's smooth cheek. I've been watching her sleep for the past five minutes like some kind of stalker. She mumbled something nonsensical in her sleep before she rolled away from my touch, pulling the entire blanket with her as she faced the next direction.

I chuckled softly when I left her standing in that hallway at Mitchell's I never thought we'd end up here this morning.

When Tabitha kissed me last night for a split second I thought maybe I should let it happen, maybe I should kiss her back. Then take her up on her offer to go back to her place. But in the end, I couldn't because she wasn't the girl I wanted. Since the night of my birthday, Gen had captured my attention and had held it ever since because no girl could compare to her.

No one had her unique blue-green eyes or her smile, they didn't scrunch up their nose whenever they laughed. That was why I turned down every girl that had approached me in the last month. This is the longest I had gone without sex in years.

When I saw Gen standing in the middle of Mitchell's last night for a moment I was happy it was like I thought her up and there she was.

The reasons I came up with for trying to distance myself in the last week after I left her house that morning didn't matter anymore. But then I felt my heart drop into my stomach when I saw the look on her face and the way her eyes pinged between Tabitha and me. Because I knew what she saw and I knew I was well and truly fucked.

She could barely look me in the eye when I tried to talk to her and though she tried to hide it under a cloak of indifference I could see the hurt in her eyes.

She then proceeded to ignore me the entire time we sat with our friends opting to focus her attention on that fucker Liam instead.

I never had a problem with him until last night. I wouldn't go ask far as to say we're friends or anything but he was Lucas's friend and we've all hung out together a couple of times. But last night all I wanted to ram my fist in his smiling face.

Then it took all of my control not to kiss her when we were arguing in the hallway last night. I've never she Gen like that before, she was fuming, and fuck if didn't it turn me on.

But I made a promise to myself, that the next time I kissed Gen it would be when she was mine.

I had to force myself to walk away from her when every cell in my body was screaming for me to stay but I already said everything I had to say. What I needed was for Gen to come to me and finally own up to her feelings. And a few hours later she did.

My thoughts wandered to everything that happened after we went up to my room last night. I had to stifle a groan as the memories came flooding back. The hungry way we kissed, the breathy sounds she made when I kissed her neck, and the throaty moans that fell from her lips when I fucked her with my fingers.

I felt my dick stiffen beneath my boxers as I remembered the way she sucked my dick into her warm mouth, swallowing down my cum.

Fuck! I wanted to stay in bed with my girl and have a repeat of last night but I had to get ready for practice.

My girl, I liked the sound of that.

A month ago I was adamantly against relationships, I was content to continue fucking my way through the girls on campus. Yet here I was and I couldn't be happier.

I brushed a gentle kiss on Gen's warm shoulder before I reluctantly hopped out of bed and made my way toward my bathroom to shower.

After I was finished showering I change before  I made my way back to the bed where Gen was now laying on her back sprawled out like a starfish. Her curly hair fanned out across my pillow.

Chuckling I sat at the edge of the bed, lifting my hand I brushed some of her hair out of her face. Tilting my head down I pressed a soft kiss on her nose. She stirred as her nose scrunched up adorably before her eyelids fluttered open revealing bright blue-green eyes.

She flashed me a sleepy grin. "Hey," she whispered groggily.

"Hey, baby," a soft smile formed on my lips as I glided my fingers up and down her arm feeling her skin pebble under my touch. "I have practice so I have to leave in a little while," I told her.

"Ohh," she replied sitting up. "I leave with you."

I shook my head. "You don't have to Gen, you could stay if you want, get some more sleep it's still pretty early," I stated.

"Nah, I'll go home I have some stuff I have to do anyway," she countered.

I nodded. "Well make sure you are free tonight because you'll be busy," I grinned.

She grinned back. "Oh, doing what?" she questioned.

"I'm taking you out on a date," I responded linking my fingers with hers as I pulled her forward intending to kiss her.

She pressed her hand against my lips blocking my advance as she shook her head. "You can't I have morning breath," she murmured turning away from me.

I removed her hand from my mouth laughing at her ridiculousness and I leaned forward again. "I don't care," I whispered but she thwarted my lips again as she rolled out of bed evading my hands as I attempted to grab her around the waist.

But instead of landing on her feet, she unbalanced and tumbled to the floor landing on her ass with a yelp.

I pressed my lips together to keep from laughing while Gen stared up at me with wide eyes before she burst out laughing and I joined her.

"That's what you get," I said between my laughter stretching my hand out to help her up. Rolling her eyes she placed her small hand in mine and I helped her to her feet. Instead of dropping her hand I pulled her between my open legs and placed my hands on her slim waist.

My hands slid down her waist and over her hips until they landed on her ass. Gently I massaged her cheeks over the material of her shorts. "Does that feel better baby?" I asked huskily, she nodded as her teeth bit into her plush bottom lip.

Her breath hitched when my fingers found their way under her shorts onto her bare flesh. My eyes dropped to her chest where her hard nipples were poking through her top.

Without warning, I yanked her down on top of me, causing both of us to tumble onto the bed eliciting a surprised squeak from Gen. Before she could protest I wrapped my fingers in her hair and pulled her lips down at mine. She gasped and I took the opportunity to slip my tongue into her mouth.

Gen moaned, her finger knotting in damp hair as she kissed me back. 

I broke the kiss and peered into her hooded eyes. "See that wasn't so bad," I teased.

"Shut up," Gen grumbled before pressing her lips back on mine and I smiled.

Genesis

I closed the front door behind me, smiling. I had a huge goofy smile plastered on my face since I left Brooks's house.

My head snapped up at the sound of footsteps approaching, I watched as Mia emerged from the hallway that lead to the kitchen.

"I was just about to call you, I came home and didn't see you ca...," her words trailed off as her eyes moved over my body which was clad in the same shorts and cropped tank top I was wearing last night.

"Hey," I greeted.

She remained silent as her eyes raked over me again, from head to toe taking in my disheveled appearance with an arched brow. "Hey," she replied slowly.

Finally, her shock faded and a smirk slowly tipped her lips. "Well, well Genesis Van Allen doing the walk of a shame how the tables have turned. I could see I missed a lot last night, please tell me this has something to do with a certain fine as fuck quarterback who you claim is just your friend even though you eye fuck him every time he's around," she said receiving an eye roll from me.

"I do not," I laughed as I walked past her heading toward the kitchen with her trailing after me. Entering the kitchen I headed to the fridge, opening it I grabbed a bottle of Apple juice from the door.

Turning around I faced Mia who was leaning against the doorframe watching me impatiently. I twisted the cover on the bottle as I compressed my lips together fighting back a smile. I knew she was dying to know what happened and my silence was killing her.

"So," she finally said grinning like an idiot. "Please tell me you finally broke your four-year dry spell and Brooks fucked you good." I lifted the bottle to my lips covering up the smile I was sporting and swallowed a gulp of juice.

She crackled. "You're smiling you definitely had sex last night," she pushed off the door and skipped around the island. Stopping in from of me she threw her arms around me jumping up and down. "How was it? Was it Good? He looks like he'll be good."

"Relax," I chuckled resting the juice on the counter, wrangling myself out of her embrace. "Brooks and I didn't have sex," I admitted.

"Mhmm, so you expect me to believe that you spent the night at Brooks wearing this," she poked me on my braless boob. "And you never did anything," she remarked eyeing me dubiously.

"I never said we didn't do anything I said we didn't have sex," I corrected.

"I knew it!" she squealed poking my boob again.

"Would you stop that," I said playfully smacking her hand away from me.

"I can't help it I've missed this you haven't talked to me about a boy since El," she clamped her mouth shut realizing what she was going to say.

She was right when she said I froze up and change the subject whenever Eli was mentioned. And that was wrong, everyone shouldn't have to walk on eggshells around me.

"Hey, it's okay," I said squeezing her shoulder reassuringly. "I missed this too." And I did, not just talk about boys but I missed us. Although we talked in the last week there was still this distance between us. But that was nowhere to be found this morning instead, it felt like old times before our big fight a week ago.

"You look happy," she remarked.

"I am," I confirmed with a wide smile on my face as my hand dropped from her shoulder.

"I'm glad you deserve to be happy Gen. Even though Brooks wasn't his biggest fan in the beginning I could tell he really likes you," she said then a salacious smile grew on her lips.

"So, tell me everything, what made you two finally pull your heads out of your asses."

I told her everything starting from when he came over last Friday up to this morning.

~~~~~~~~~

Nate whistled as I stepped into the living room that same night dressed for my date with Brooks. I had no idea where we were going since he refused to tell me when I asked. The only thing he said was to dress comfortably.

Speaking of Brooks he was sitting on the sofa next to Nate but stood when I entered the living room. His heated gaze traced over every inch of me while he strode toward me.

I was wearing a ribbed burgundy bustier cami body suit, under a cropped black leather jacket paired with black skinny jeans and a pair of black mid-calf Prada combat boots. My curly hair was styled with half up in a high ponytail and the other half cascading down my back.

My makeup was minimal except for the bold burgundy lipstick I was wearing.

His hand snaked under my jacket and wrapped around my waist and pulling me against his hard chest, my hands coming to rest on his broad shoulders. "You look gorgeous," he murmured his scent filling my nostril as he leaned down slanting his lips over mine. I gripped his jacket kissing back.

"You ready to go?" He asked when he broke the kiss.

"Yeah," I answered linking my fingers with his as I followed after him toward the door.

"There grow up so fast don't they babe?" Nate asked Mia who was wiping fake tears from her face.

"They do," she replied nodding her head.

"You're both idiots," I said over my shoulder.

"You kids have fun, and I don't come back unless you have sex preferably in the car you know you need it, Gen," Mia shouted after us.

Brooks laughed, looking at her over my shoulder, and mouthed fuck you with a smile on my face.

Mia shrugged her shoulders unapologetically and blew me a kiss. Nate was next to her the entire time grinning like an idiot.

Brooks and I stepped onto the porch closing the door behind us.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we walked to his car parked on the curb, hoping he'll take pity on me and finally tell me where he was taking me.

He smirked. "You'll see when we get there," stopping next to his car he wrapped his arms around me and pressed a kiss on my jaw.

"You smell so good you know that?" he mumbled against my skin as he peppered my jaw with kisses.

I hummed angling my neck to give him better access. "Where are we going?" I repeated, a smile twisting my lips.

I felt him chuckle against my skin his shoulders shaking. Pulling back he grinned at me with amusement dancing in his blue eyes. "You don't give up, do you?" he said pecking my lips quickly before he opened the passenger door for me. "Patience, you'll find out soon."

"Fine," I pouted giving up and getting into the car. Closing the door he walked around to the other side and climbed in.

I smiled bouncing in excitement as I read the sign Harrington County Fall Fair. "I haven't been to a fair in a long time," I breathed looking beyond the sign at the brightly lit Ferris Wheel.

"So did I do good?" Brooks asked.

"You did," I said pecking him on the cheek.

Knitting his fingers with mine we walked through the entrance of the fair. The blaring of sounds of the rides and shouts and laughter crowd surrounded us as we strolled further in. I tilted my head back taking in the rides multicolored rides.

"Let's grab something to eat first," Brooks said grabbing my attention he nodded his head in the direction of the dozens of food stands.

~~~~~~~~~

"Yes!" I exclaimed when the alarm rang above my target signifying that I was the winner. I hopped to my feet jumping up and down and clapping my hands.

The woman who was sitting on the stool next to me glared, I pressed my lips together fighting back my laughter as I turned to face Brooks who was standing off the side of me, and threw my arms around him.

He snickered. "You know I'm really loving this competitive side of you," told me as she attempted to wrap his arms around me while he was holding the huge sparkly unicorn he won for me at the break of the bottle and my bag.

Suddenly I felt his body stiffen, frowning I peeked up at his face but his eyes weren't on me instead he was glaring at something behind me. Looking over my shoulder my eyes landed on a man whose eyes were firmly planted on my ass, as if he felt eyes on him his head snapped up. His eyes widen and his throat bobbed with a swallow at the look on Brooks's face before he turned and scurried away in the other direction.

"Oh my God, Brooks the man looked scared for his life," I cracked up.

"Good he deserves that for shamelessly staring at my girlfriend's ass while I'm standing right here," he said through clenched teeth as his arms tightened around me.

"Girlfriend huh? I can't remember agreeing to be your girlfriend," I said teasingly pretending to be clueless as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You did when you showed up at my house last night and said you wanted to be with me too," he bent his head his breath fanning against my ear and I shivered as he whispered. "Then we went up to my room and you came all over my fingers. You remembered that don't you?" My breathing accelerated at his words, my chest was heaving up and down as the events of last night flashed through my mind.

He pulled back and smirked at me, his eyes were dark with lust and I knew he was remembering what happened between us last night too.

We were interrupted by the women working at the booth. Looking away from Brooks I cleared my throat and faced the woman her pale cheeks were flushed as eye-brown eyes flickered between Brooks and me.

"Congratulations," she said holding out the giant white bear with a blue short sleeve t-shirt.

I thanked her, while I took the bear of her hands and held it out to Brooks. "This is for you, this way we'll both have something that reminded us of our first date."

An incredulous laugh escaped him. "Gen, what am I supposed to do with this," he looked down at the bear as if it offended him. "Do you realize how the guys will react if I take this thing home with me? I'll never hear the end of it."

"Are you really going to refuse the bear I won for you on our first date?" I lifted the bear by his two arms wiggling him in front of Brooks's face. "Look at that face, look up cute he is. How can refuse that face? You can put him on your and cuddle him whenever you're lonely," The entire I was saying this I was sporting a wide smile.

Though Brooks tried to keep a straight face a smile peeked through. "Shut up and give me the damn bear," he grumbled taking the bear from my outstretched hands and I giggled as I took my unicorn from under his arm.

"Thank you for bringing me here, I had a great first date."

"Me too," he smiled wrapping his free arm around my shoulder and pressing a kiss on my forehead.  "What do you want to do now?" he asked as we walked away from the stall.

"Let's get some fried Oreos," I suggested, and while he headed in the direction of the food stalls I felt a thrill of excitement shot through me and what the future held.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so Gen and Brooks are officially together now and had their first date in this chapter Yay! 😊

There weren't supposed to get together this early. I originally planned to draw it out a bit more but when I was writing chapter 12 I changed my mind and I decided I wanted them to get together sooner instead. So what do you guys think, did I make the right choice, or should I have drawn it out more? Tell me what you think I'll love some feedback.

Now, I just want to thank everyone that's been reading my novel I'm up to 9000+ views which is insane. I'm really grateful to everyone that's given this book a chance and to everyone, that's voted thank you so much.💕

Well, that's it thank you for reading the newest chapter of Taking A Risk I hope you guys enjoyed it Bye for now.✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 31.9K 31
"Zachary." I snickered. He growled playfully as I laughed, dodging his attempt to grab me and took off running in a random direction. I ran with Zac...
121K 4.8K 75
#3 - Shocks 27/9/19 "Don't hold back." I whisper, and he brings his face up to look into my eyes. He looks conflicted, but the lust raging inside of...
144K 10.9K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜 & 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
13.7K 220 39
"I have heard that losing one's virginity is unpleasant for many females. This is not the case for my kind. Once you mate with a Gelvonian, all previ...