CELTIGAR - House of The Dragon

η”± LoisFt

A silver haired girl, waging war to restore her ancestral house to its former glory. Rhea Celtigar, the King'... ζ›΄ε€š

Lady Rhea, of House Celtigar
Nameday Celebrations
Gardens
Sapphire
Essence of Nightshade
Nightgowns and Chandeliers
Misplaced property
Queen Alicent
Martell & Baratheon
Talk of Betrothals
Ire
First Night
Brothel
Tea
Throne Room
Dinner
Duty
Strong
"The King is Dead,
long live the King"
Arrow
Healing
First Attempt
House Celtigar
One Flesh, One Heart, One Soul
Stab
Awakening
Unfit
Lucerys Velaryon
Dragonstone
Deeds, not Words
Regards
Beast within
The Tower of the Hand
The Trial of the Hand
A good King?
Boat
Marian Snow
Winterfell
War
A truce?
King's Landing
Reckless
Brother, Sister
Crown
King & Queen
A/N
Dragons in the North
Justice
Rhea Celtigar & Aemond Targaryen
Epilogue : Legacy
New book

The Battle for Winterfell

1K 38 1
η”± LoisFt

The battle raged on as Stark men defended their home, all their bannermen fiercely figthing the Greens alongside the rest of the Blacks. In the skies, dragons fought dragons, Caraxes and Syrax busy trying to burn the rest of the Greens troops before they could reach Winterfell. Vhagar, Tessarion, Sunfyre and Dreamfyre breathed fire as their riders fought valiantly on the ground below them. Soon, Daeron reached his dragon, Tessarion, and mounted him to find Meleys and Rhaenys who had been out patrolling before the battle started. Countless men and women had already died and night was slowly falling on the battlefield.

Rhea was now in the midst of all the action, searching for Aemond. Whatever the outcome, songs would be sung about this encounter here in the North, Rhea thought. It was too extraordinary a battle for it to fall into oblivion, one the likes of Westeros hadn't bore witness to since ages. It was the first time both the Black Queen and Green King had found themselves in the same place, waging war against each other. They had never directly led their troops against their own kin before, and it would be the last. This day would be crucial. They all knew it would end there, and they fought as if they would not see the next day.

Most of them would not.

As she raced through the field, Rhea came face to face with someone she wished she wouldn't have to face. Both of them stood a few metres away from the other, bloody swords in hand, bruises and blood on their similar faces. Rhea looked in the man's eyes, the same as hers, and she felt a sharp twinge in her heart. Before her was Orys Celtigar, her cousin, the man she had named her successor as Head of their House.

As he took off his helmet and strode towards her, Rhea saw that his dark hair was now short, and sweat had slicked it back. She breathed quick as she herself took the last remaining steps towards her cousin and clamped her hands on his forearms. They had not seen each other in years, and, the last time they did, they were still allies. Now, they were enemies and all reason would tell them to kill the other and end it there, but they were family and their ties were much deeper than that. While the Targaryens had spent the past two years killing each other, the Celtigars had orders not to harm Rhea. Orders which, she knew very well, came from Orys. He still had hope that, after all this, Rhea would return to her House and take back her rightful position as their Head. Rhea, on the contrary, was well aware such a thing would never be possible.

"Orys, cousin," Rhea whispered, still not believing he was standing in front of her.

"I always said it would end like this, on opposite sides of a battlefield," the tall dark-haired man stated sadly, regret in his tone. "I did say it would, when you bent the knee to Aegon."

Rhea's eyes fluttered with heartache.

"What I did then, I would do again," she said squeezing her cousin's arm. She led them to a distant corner so they wouldn't stand in the middle of men fighting. "For I did it to ensure the prosperity of my House."

Both of them looked at the other feeling conflicted, while they wanted to hate each other, they couldn't.

"The sacrifices you made did not go unseen, cousin," Orys spoke emphatically. "I want you to know that. With Rhaenyra, our name is no longer bearing the shame it used to until you came along. You led us back into our former glory and it is now restored. House Celtigar is back among the Great Houses of Westeros, because of you."

Rhea smiled proudly, a single tear rolling out of her eye. All her life, it had been her goal, before everything changed. To know it had finally happened filled her with immense joy, whether or not she could see it didn't matter to her, simply knowing was enough.

"Thank you, Orys," Rhea's voice broke. "For keeping your word."

The man smiled.

"Always, cousin."

They stood there silently again for a moment, revelling in the other's presence. As Rhea bowed her head and started walking away, her cousin called out her name.

"There is something else I wish you to know," he began vigorously. "My lady-wife has given me the greatest gift in the birth of my two children, twins. A son and a daughter."

Rhea smiled happily, she truly was glad to know his line would endure.

"I hope you will see them again, after this, cousin," Rhea said wistfully, she truly did hope her cousin would survive this dreadful day.

"My son is named Rhean," he announced and watched as Rhea's head bowed in emotion, she had a touched, proud smile on her lips. "And my daughter is Rhea."

"Cousin," the Green Queen whispered. "It is an honour I do not take lightly. I am afraid I do not deserve it, however."

She walked towards her cousin again and embraced him sheepishly.

"But you do, Rhea. I knew I would name my daughter like you, if I had one. And I have been blessed with twins. Their names ensure there will always be a strong, dutiful Rhea Celtigar in our House."

Rhea smiled lovingly before she remembered her friend Marian's infant child who had been named after her. She only wished her cousin's children would not suffer the same fate. She remained silent, too overcome with her own mixed feelings to put them into words. She was honoured the man still held her in such high regard, her House, still did. They were still loyal to her, as it seemed.

"My son will sit in our seat at Claw Isle after me, and my daughter has already been promised to marry Aegon the Younger, Rhaenyra's son, should they all survive the war," Orys announced joyfully.

"I hope they do," Rhea answered honestly and took a solemn break before bidding her cousin goodbye again. "Keep yourself safe, cousin."

"You as well, Queen Rhea," he said in a sad smile. While she was not the Queen he was sworn to, she was his blood and he was glad she was faring well for herself.

"I will try to," Rhea concluded and sprinted back towards the field, sword at the ready.

As she reached the epicentre of the fighting, she heard a loud shriek, louder than she had ever heard and she saw Tessarion tear into Tyraxes, Joffrey Velaryon's dragon. Daeron was saddled onto his dragon and he screamed in fear as his cousin's dragon closed its jaw on him, killing him on the spot. The dragon's head torn from its body, much like Lucerys had died years ago. She shouted in pain as she watched her husband's last brother die, while Tyraxes' blood poured out and he dropped from the sky, crashing loudly into one of the castle's towers.

In all the confusion, Rhea still couldn't find Aemond and her heart sank as she believed she would never see him again. She pierced through many a man trying to make her way to her husband, and, as she reached the edge of the woods, she heard a horn sound loud, from both the Greens and the Blacks. A truce had been called by the Blacks in order to let everyone grieve for their prince, and let the greens grieve for theirs as well.

Following the order of retreat, Rhea led her surviving men back to their outpost and that is when she finally caught sight of her husband. In a sigh of relief, she looked up to the skies and saw Aemond riding Vhagar, the rest of their dragons flying close by. She subconsciously rubbed her belly with a gentle hand and felt a lump of fear in her throat.

As soon as Aemond touched ground in their campsite, Rhea ran to him and wrapped herself tightly around him. He kissed her frantically, instantly soothed by the fact she was still alive, and so was he.

"Are you well?" They both asked the other and Aemond nodded before sliding his hand in hers and walking towards their men. He told them about the plans for the next day, and how, this night, they were allowed to grieve, sleep and drink as much as they wanted, they just had to be ready for the next day when the order came. And it would come soon.

The King greeted his mother warmly, still holding his wife's hand. The news of Daeron's death had just reached her and she could not look more crestfallen, she had lost all her children now, except for Aemond, and she prayed to all the gods she would not lose him either, or she would become mad.

As the King and Queen walked into their tent, they embraced once again, this time not letting go for a few seconds.

"I looked for you everywhere, love," Rhea spoke fast in a worried way.

"So did I," Aemond confessed. "Daeron-"

He began speaking and let out a sad, angry, frustrated sob.

"He was just a boy, the both of them were just boys,", he shouted angrily. "Blacks and Greens, we both mourn the tragic loss of our young princes."

Rhea let out a few tears and cupped her husband's cheeks, she brought his face to hers and kissed him hurriedly. She wanted them to stay in their tent forever, never leave the safety and comfort they felt there. Aemond sat at the edge of his bed and she placed herself in front of him, his hands resting on her hips. He looked defeated and his face and body were bloodied. In a soft movement, Rhea grabbed a wet cloth and began cleaning away the dirt and blood from his face, and he let her, his eyes closed. She could feel him relax under her touch and she smiled.

"I love you, Aemond," she said softly.

He opened his eyes and he cuddled up to her, taking the cloth from her hand and doing the same to her, wiping away any trace of fighting. Each time he uncovered a bruise or a cut, he placed a sweet, gentle kiss on it while his thumb brushed lovingly on his wife's hip. She felt the same twinge of pain she had felt before rejoining the battle earlier and she winced slightly, which Aemond noticed and his face showed his worry. Her eyes filled with concerned tears as she felt the scared lump back in her throat.

"What is it, my love?" Aemond led her to his bed, sitting her down. "Here, sit. Are you wounded?"

His eye darted on her every limb, her every move he watched as she let out a single tear leave her eye and she pulled him to her, a hand on his cheek as she kissed him.

"I am sorry," she simply said defeatedly.

"Whatever about, Rhea?" His voice betrayed his internal turmoil, he thought he would loose her, he thought she would die there, in his arms.

"I-I am carrying our child, Aemond," she said as she looked away from him, feeling terribly guilty as she had sworn she would never let such a thing happen, she would not let the blacks take their child from them.

"You-" He started speaking and rose to his feet, his worried expression turning into a cheerful one, as he erupted into joyous laughter. He pulled her to him and kissed her what felt like a hundred times, squeezing her tight against him. "You have no idea how long I have wished for that to happen, my love."

Rhea smiled happily and she kissed him again as he ran his hands on her belly lovingly.

"My child," he said, awestruck. "You are carrying my child, and I have never loved you more."

Rhea nuzzled against him.

"Are you not afraid they would try to take it away from us?" Rhea spoke, her anguish finally taking over again.

"Let them try, my love. I am never letting you leave my sight, now more so than ever," Aemond reassured her. From now on, he was not only fighting for his brother and his children's legacy, he was fighting to give his own child its rightful crown and seat on the Iron Throne.

He turned away from her slightly, not letting go of her still, and grabbed his own crown, putting it on his wife's head. He led her out of their tent and walked until they stood in the middle of their men, they were all sat in a circle talking, and, as their King and Queen arrived, they all fell silent.

"My lords, your Queen is carrying my child," Aemond shouted happily and everyone surrounding them erupted into cheers. Alicent rushed to Rhea's side and embraced her with glee before letting her go and sitting back next to Ser Rayford. Aemond was overjoyed, he could not feel prouder and more excited for the future than in this instant. It was the best moment of his life, he thought. "Your future King is in her belly, and tomorrow, you will fight for him, with all your might. Defend Queen Rhea with your life and you shall all be rewarded."

Rhea looked at him, wonderstruck at her husband's happiness and joy for the upcoming arrival of their first child. She smiled wider than she had in years and so did he. He turned towards her, his crown sitting atop her silver-hair, his hands on her waist and knelt before her, his forehead resting on her belly. He stayed there for a little while, while their men cheered for their Queen and his heir. He lifted his head and looked in her eyes, tears running on his cheeks and kissed her belly with all the love he felt for her.

"I love you, my Queen," he stated reverently.

That night, they stayed talking, dreaming about their future, embracing each other until they fell asleep, holding the other closer than ever for they knew very well the future they wished for was uncertain.

η»§η»­ι˜…θ―»

You'll Also Like

72.3K 2K 30
π–π–”π–šπ–˜π–Š 𝖔𝖋 π–™π–π–Š π–‰π–—π–†π–Œπ–”π–“ ❛ he would burn down the world if it meant keeping her safe ❜ ━━ IN WHICH a dangerous pri...
34.3K 1.1K 44
As the granddaughter of an exiled Targaryen, Viserra has always craved connection to those who also share the blood of the dragon. Summoned from Esso...
140K 3.4K 42
Before the union of Rhaenyra with Ser Laenor Velaryon, an event etched forever in memory took place when Daemon claimed Rhaenyra's innocence in the h...
11.6K 635 50
Lyanna and Aemond's story is far from over. After winning the battle beyond the Wall and escaping the wrath of Rhaenyra, they thought they will now l...