Don't Bite

By zhy_thewriter

Roxie has always had bad luck. She was probably the most unlucky she wolf in her pack. It shouldn't have come... More

Chapter 1-Slap And Run
Chapter 2-The Truth Hurts
Chapter 3-In The Woods
Chapter 4-I Want Answers
Chapter 5-A Big Favor
Chapter 6-Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?
Chapter 7-My Name Is
Chapter 8-Anger Issues
Chapter 9- The Break Up
Chapter 10-Intoxicated
Chapter 11-Mina Who?
Chapter 12- Road Trip
Chapter 13-Carmen
Chapter 14-My Ex BestFriend
Chapter 15- The Elevator
Chapter 16-Vampires In Action
Chapter 17-Code Red
Chapter 18-Searching For Her Mate
Chapter 20-Heart Break
Chapter 21-Memories
Chapter 22- Tension
Chapter 23-Free
Chapter 24-The 'M' Word
Chapter 25-They Know
Chapter 26-You Reek of Vampires
Chapter 27-My Ex
Chapter 28-Some Blonde She-Wolf
Chapter 29-Terrible Actress
Chapter 30-Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 31-What Are We Going To Do?
Chapter 32-It Happened So Fast
Chapter 33-Confessions
Chapter 34-Nadia
Don't Bite Chapter 35-Meeting The Parents
Don't Bite-Epilogue
The Red School
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 19-Darren

122K 3.3K 153
By zhy_thewriter

Picture of Roxie on the side!! ---->

"We are not one of those couples." I demanded, turning away from Blake as he tried to spoon feed me.

There was an amused look on his face, and he was still trying to shove his spoon in my mouth. Well, maybe shove is too rough of a word to use, but he was still trying to force feed me.

"Blake, stop it!" I exclaimed, smacking his spoon to the side. "We're eating the exact same thing, anyway. I don't need to eat your food."

Blake shrugged his shoulders. "I know, I just wanted to annoy you." He stated, sticking his spoon back into his bowl.

Really? I thought, narrowing my eyes at him. Was this annoy Roxie day or something? He began bugging me so much after I turned down his proposal to 'go somewhere and make out' that I decided to take a break and go eat lunch, and then he proceeded to order the exact same thing I did... just to annoy me.

Frowning at him, "Why?"

"Because you're cute when you're angry." He responded, a smug look on his face.

Almost immediately my face caught fire and I looked down at my hands, trying to hide my blush as those stupid butterflies flew wildly in my stomach. I risked peeking back up at Blake, and he had a look of adoration on his beautiful face as he stared down at me, his eyes a blazing red color.

This made a small smile appear on my face as I forgot my embarrassment. I couldn't help but feel extremely happy for this moment with my mate... my boyfriend... whatever you wanted to call him, he was mine either way.

But, unfortunately I knew this moment wouldn't last forever. We'd have to leave this fairytale eventually, if that's what we could call it. We'd have to go home. With that though my butterflies were replaced with a sickening feeling in the pit of my gut.

I'd have to go home. Back to the real world and face Carmen, who I've been completely ignoring like an idiot, face my parents, my pack, my uncle and they'd all see that I was mated to a vampire! Well, not completely, we hadn't really completed any of the mating processes... mostly because I have no idea how that would work. Especially with him marking me... he's a vampire, would it be the same?

And last but not least, I'd have to face his clan... his family... his parents. His clan, family, and parents who hate me. What were we going to do? My eyes widened a little and it felt like I was going to puke up my soup.

Blake's eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes practically glowing as he was staring at me curiously. "Roxie, what's on your mind?" he asked, with genuine worry in his tone, making my heart melt.

Shaking my head, "I-I, we can't go home." I stated in a shaky voice, as panic really began to set in.

He frowned at me. "Why?"

Biting down on my bottom lip, "Everything we have right now will be ruined. We'll never work out!" I exclaimed, full on freaking out, my hand was even shaking a little. "I'll never work."

Blake's lips were pressed in a thin line as he took my shaking hand into his, causing those sparks to shoot through my body. "Roxie, calm down, okay?" his voice was small and soft as he pressed his lips to my hand, effectively calming me a little.

I shook my head in protest, my eyes began watering and I tried to speak, but the words wouldn't come out.

"Hey, look at me." he demanded in a soft voice, but I couldn't. I didn't want to see whatever look would be on his face. Realization maybe? Maybe he just realized that we wouldn't work out and he was seconds away from leaving him. With that thought, a sharp pain shot through my heart and a few tears wet my face. The thought of not being with Blake anymore, even if it were just for how long we'd been together, was too painful to even think about.

"Look at me." His voice was more demanding and strained as he took my face into his cool hands, turning my to face him

I stared into his comforting eyes sourly, still in panic mode, but I was calming down by the second. "Roxie, whatever you're worried about, it's all going to be okay, I'm here for you." He pushed, placing a soft kiss on lips.

I pushed his hands away. "For now, maybe. But what happens when things start to get hard? When you realize being with me is too much work?"

The blonde frowned at me in confusion. "What?"

"Think about it. You know you're family will never approve of us being together-okay, maybe Milo will, but that's not the point. You'll eventually have to choose between your family and me." I explained, my voice bitter.

His face hardened, as he sat back in his seat, staring at me in disbelief. "Is that what this is about? You think that I'll just up and leave you?" he asked, his tone telling me he was pissed, which confused me.

"Well won't you?"

He let out a humorless laugh, now glaring at me. "Is that what you think of me?"

I shrugged sighing. "I don't know... yes? You are a vampire, after all. You probably don't even like me. You're probably just toying with my emotions." The truth was, I didn't believe that for a second, I knew I could trust Blake. But for some reason, I felt the need to push him away before things got bad.

But I did regret those words as soon as they left my mouth and the hurt look flashed across Blake's face. "If that's really how you feel, maybe we shouldn't even be together." Was his angry response, as he stood up from the table and began walking away.

My heart dropped, and a few more tears fell. "Blake wait." I practically begged him in a shaky voice, prepared to chase after him. My wolf was whining inside of me, sad that I'd just run our mate away, purposely.

A strong hand landed on my arm, making me stop moving, as I turned to stare up into a familiar face.

He had sandy brown hair that fell into his chocolate eyes a bit, his tanned skin and scent of maple told me he was indeed a wolf, and he had a really toned body. If I wasn't so in love with Blake, I probably would've thought that he was hot.

He waved the paper in my face, a scowl on his. "Where did you get this picture? Who are you, and what do you want with me?" he demanded, a scary look on his face.

Although he was intimidating, I was far too shocked to be scared. "Wow... it looks just like you in the picture." I was amazed at how he could still look the same as he did all those years ago whenever Rebecca took the picture. "You're Darren Pollawsko, right?"

"Who the hell are you and why the hell did you make flyers with my face on them!?"

Ripping my arm away from his grip, a scowl on my face, "I didn't do anything. You want to talk to someone about these flyers, try talking to your mate!" I snapped, officially in a bad mood.

I took a deep breath. I really needed to calm myself, I felt my wolf clawing with a need to get out and run to express our anger, and I didn't really want to shift in this diner.

Darren's eyes widened and his face seemed to soften, I could see a bunch of different emotions swarming through his eyes. "Y-you know Becca?" he asked softly, his anger forgotten.

Nodding my head, "She's been looking for you all day. We've been looking for you all day." I grunted out, crossing my arms over my chest.

A hint of a smile played at his lips as he glanced around us. "Well, where is she?" he asked in an excited voice.

Raising an eyebrow. "Out looking for you, duh. You know you're a douche, right?" Okay, I wouldn't have full out called him names if I wasn't in such a bad mood, but, oh well.

He frowned, "Excuse me?"

"You're a douche! Do you realize how much you hurt Rebecca? For whatever reason you ditched her, she's obviously been blaming herself for years when it's your dumbass fault!"

There was a glare on his face. "I have my reasons, not that I need to explain myself to you."

"Well, prepare to explain yourself to Rebecca, because we are not leaving Miami until she gets some answers. You owe her that much." I snapped, staring him down with a cold glare, which he returned.

Rebecca and I may not get along, but I still care about her... deep down inside, somewhere. And I didn't want her to hurt anymore; I could see it all over her face. Not to mention the freaking scars on her stomach, this is completely unacceptable.

I made a mental note to find Blake and try to apologize when I was done playing love doctor with Rebecca and her mate. I needed to fix the problems with mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 58.1K 32
She has survived. For twenty years she has been running through the woods with the sole purpose of finding a pack that will take her in. Only problem...
83.3K 1.2K 13
Reuploaded Mates were supposed to be destined for each other, to remain together for the rest of their lives after bonding. It was a different story...
365K 5.2K 27
cliche rejection story read at your own risk
40K 1.2K 33
Being mated from a young age, I thought that I was the luckiest girl in the world. Only to realize, that everything is not what it seems.