More Than Words

By Achan_21

A KangBi AU wherein a certain quiet transferee piqued the interest of the Student Council President "You sure... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 29

180 13 0
By Achan_21

Hyewon was driving through the streets while Eunbi silently watches the view outside of her door window. Hyewon then stops the car when they got to a streetlight with its red light brightly shining.

Hyewon glanced at her wristwatch and saw that its almost time for dinner. She then looks at her companion who's looking aimlessly at the window.

Hyewon tapped the older's hand, making her turn her head and meet her gaze. Eunbi then throws a questionable look, her eyebrows raised and her eyes expressing curiosity.

Hyewon then raised her hand, gesturing if she wanted to eat. "Eat? Are you asking if we could eat together - like eat dinner?", Eunbi mumbled as she looked at the gesture Hyewon was doing. Hyewon nodded, her smile brimming.

"Sure", Eunbi shortly replied with a small smile. This caused Hyewon's smile to get wider than it already is. Hyewon then turns back her attention to the road while Eunbi goes back to staring outside.

The stoplight soon shifts to green which caused Hyewon to press her foot on the pedal, causing the car to move again.

************************
"Hello?", Yena muttered with a hint of annoyance after answering a call from Chaewon. Yena was just playing some cartrider when her cousin called her and disturbed her game.

"Hello Yena-ah, What's up?", Chaewon said with a weirdly happy tone. "The ceiling", Yena boredly answered, she can't really deal with Chaewon this time as she just wants to play her game as she slowly dissolve into the mattress. Yena then heard a sarcastic laugh on the line.

"Not in the mood?", Chaewon cheekily asked. "She's being weird today...", Yena mentally commented when she heard her cousin's tone. "You just disturbed my game. Why are even calling me anyway? If you have something to say you can just barge into my unit like you always do", Yena said as she stood up from her bed, walked out of her bedroom and went towards the door.

Yena was about to open the door and go to Chaewon's unit when the girl on the other line said something that made her stop. "I'm actually not home", Chaewon said with a chuckle. "What? Where are you?". Yena asked confusedly.

"Its a secret... I'm with Minju", Chaewon said which caused Yena to raise her eyebrows. "Aaannddd before you say anything I'm just accompanying her with something, okay?", Chaewon hastily said, cutting off Yena's any chance to potentially tease her.

"Okay okay I get it... If you say so", Yena said in surrender, her lips curving into a teasing smile. "So why did you call?", Yena asked her cousin.

"About that...", Chaewon trailed off then cleared her throat. "Wait, I'll just pass the phone to Minju", Yena heard Chaewon say from the other line before she hears footsteps and then the voice of another girl.

"Minju-ah, Yena wants to talk to you"

"Huh? But-"

"Hello? Yena-unnie?", Minju said as she got the phone from Chaewon. "Is there something that you want to say to me... 'cuz Chaewon called me and just passed the phone to you when I asked her what she wants...", Yena said, finishing it with a scoff.

"Oh so... Yuri is on her way to Chaewon-unnie's unit to borrow her guitar but since unnie is here with me Chaewon-unnie wants you to accompany Yuri...", Minju explained, looking over at Chaewon who's nodding along her words with a grin.

"Minju-ah.... Can you please pass the phone to Chaewon", Yena said, the tone of her voice deepened. Minju obeyed and handed the phone to the girl beside her, which caused the older to raise her brow at the latter but still grabbed her phone and puts it against her ear.

"Ye-"

"WHAT THE HELL CHAEWON! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER! I'M ON MY FREAKING PAJAMAS AND YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YURI IS ON HER WAY HERE?!", Yena didn't even let Chaewon finish and shouted to the call, causing Chaewon to wince at the volume while Minju chuckled.

"Geez man... Its alright... Calm down", Chaewon said with a chuckle, which didn't make the latter a tad bit calmer. "Help her out, okay? She probably already forgot my unit's password so wait for her infront of yours'... You already know where's my guitar", Chaewon said before ending the call, not letting her cousin talk.

"Yena-unnie sounds like she's angry", Minju commented when Chaewon set her phone down. "No, don't worry... She's just self-conscious", Chaewon said with a grin. "She's probably worried she doesn't look decent in front of Yuri", Chaewon continued.

"Oh right... I almost forgot that Yena-unnie has a huge crush on Yuri", Minju said with chuckle before going back to the book she's reading.

The two of them are currently in a famous book café, Minju was the one who asked Chaewon to accompany her which the older happily accepted within a heartbeat.

Minju, being the bookworm that she is, is enjoying the book she's currently reading when she hears Chaewon groan suddenly while looking at her, making her turn her head towards the older.

"Are you getting bored unnie? I'm sorry if you're not enjoying your time... You didn't have to worry about me... I could've just called Yeji-unnie to come with me", Minju said as she looked worriedly at the latter. Chaewon then felt something trigger within her listening to Minju's last sentence.

"This Yeji again... I don't know why but she's getting on my nerves", Chaewon mentally said as she pursed her lips.

"No", Chaewon lowly muttered without thinking, Minju and herself were surprised by what she said. Minju looked at her confusedly, Chaewon just cleared her throat. "I mean I'm not bored... I'm just hungry I guess...", Chaewon smoothly (at least she thinks so) excuses.

"Oh, I see... Then I'll be back I'll get us some food", Minju said as stands up, placing the book she's reading on the table. Minju was walking sideways to pass between the table and her chair when she didn't notice a waiter carrying a tray of food, the waiter also couldn't see Minju as the tower of food he's carrying is hindering his sight with where he's heading.

Minju was about to hit the waiter when Chaewon grabs her arm and pulls it towards her. With the pull, Minju has her eyes widened as she looks at the Chaewon, the distance between their faces being merely inches apart.

Chaewon stares intently at Minju's eyes, getting lost in her orbs, her eyes then briefly went down to the younger's lips before going back to her eyes. That brief moment didn't get unnoticed by the younger and she had to stop herself from screaming and rant in fluent panic gay.

"T-Thanks", Minju stuttered, barely finding her voice with how close their faces are. Chaewon slightly nodded without a word, still looking intently at Minju's eyes. Minju then hastily pulls away and walked to the counter, leaving Chaewon who's lips slowly curve into a smile.

***************************
Hyewon and Eunbi soon arrived at a local restaurant. Hyewon parked her car and unbuckled her seatbelt before going out of the car to open the door for the older.

The two then entered, settling themselves on one of the vacant tables. The waiter then went to them to give them the menu and get their order.

After ordering, Eunbi heard her phone ring. Fishing her phone out from her pocket, she excused herself from Hyewon so she can answer the call to which the latter just nods at.

Getting outside of the restaurant, Eunbi answered the call. "Hello?", Eunbi said to the phone. There was no response. "Hello? Who are you?", Eunbi asked as her brows furrowed. Again there was no response.

Feeling creeped out, Eunbi ended the call. "Weird... Who was that", Eunbi whispered to herself before going back inside. As she sat down, Hyewon noticed Eunbi's expression and tilted her head as if asking if there's a problem.

"Its okay", Eunbi reassured as she saw Hyewon worriedly looking at her. Just then, their food came and they both ate their food with a comfortable silence engulfing them.

************************
Yena was walking back and forth frantically between her closet and her bedroom. She was rummaging through her pile of clothes searching for something more presentable to wear before Yuri arrives.

Deciding on wearing something simple, she just grabbed her hoodie and pants to pair with it and went straight to changing.

Checking herself on the mirror, she mumbled 'At least these look more decent than my pajamas....'. Nodding to herself, she walked out of her bedroom and went to her door, opening it and going in front of her unit, waiting for the younger to arrive.

Soon enough, she sees the girl walking towards her, waving her hand to which she waves back with a small smile. "Hey unnie", Yuri greets her with a smile. "Hi, Yuri-ah... Chaewon already told me about you borrowing her guitar... She currently out with Minju so she asked me to accompany you", Yena explained which caused the younger to utter a soft 'oh'.

"Let's go", Yena said as she gestured Yuri to come with her, Yuri just followed her silently. Walking to the unit beside Yena's, Yena puts in the password and got the door open for Yuri.

"First time on Chaewon's unit?", Yena started up a conversation as they walked towards Chaewon's bedroom where her guitar rests. "Hmm... Come to think of it... I think this is indeed my first time here...", Yuri answered with her hand her chin, acting like she thinking.

Yena then opened the door of Chaewon's bedroom, both of them entering. Yena grabbed the guitar which is placed beside her cousin's bed and handed it to the younger.

"Need that for something?", Yena asked curiously as she pointed on the guitar now being carried by Yuri. "I'm currently making a song...", Yuri said before sighing. "I'm stuck though... I think there's something missing in the song but I can't seem to figure it out", Yuri continued as she looked down on the floor.

Yena puts her hand on Yuri's head and proceeded to pat her head. "Don't worry I'm sure it'll come to you soon", Yena said with a sincere smile. Yuri looks up and met Yena eyes. She saw the older's genuine smile and she had to reciprocate that smile.

"Tha-"

Yuri was cut off when her stomach grumbled, loud enough to even be heard by the girl in front of her. Chuckling at the younger, Yena removed her hand from Yuri's head and sinks her hand in the pockets of her hoodie.

"Let's go... I already have food on my unit... You can join me eat", Yena said and cooly walked ahead, leaving the younger to follow her from behind. What Yuri doesn't know is Yena has been internally screaming and gay panicking this whole time and was just acting cool about it (which is going pretty well for now).

Yuri looked at Yena figure walking ahead of her, the corner of her lips moving upwards, forming a small smile.

*****************************
안녕~

Hello guys~
Here's another update before the month ends^_^
I saw that this book already surpassed 3k reads which is still unbelievable for me... I hope you guys continue to support and enjoy this book ^_^

As always, opinions are welcome~

Happy 4th debut anniversary to Iz*one🎉🎉🎉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 2.6K 26
don't get caught. ꩜ interactive au ★ 07.07.20 // httpcherryulcola // finished !
75K 3.4K 41
"I just found my soulmate, you'll find yours soon"
7K 331 20
The well kept secret......but it's no longer a secret now
4.1K 228 29
Three bunch of Friend Who's Obsessed With The Transfer Student