Wolff

By f1girly55041603

The secret daughter of Toto Wolff is the rising star of Formula 1. Although her father is the team principle... More

Welcome <3
Butterflies
Dreams
Frienemies
Practise Makes Perfect
Cheers to the Rookies
Fast Cars
Home
Norris?
Blue Eyes
Speaking Spanish
The Lights of Saudi
Sleepovers
Bad Feelings
Nala Cameron
Only For Her
She's Lucky in an Unlucky Way
Toto
What Happened?
Not My Home
Missing Out
The Road Ahead
Therapy's Over Bitches
She's Back
Winner's Win
β˜†BONUS CHAPTER 1β˜†
β˜†BONUS CHAPTER 2β˜†

Ready as I'll Ever Be

3.7K 80 1
By f1girly55041603

Nala wakes up to her alarm screaming at her to get up. She hummed the familiar tune of the alarm as she jumped out of bed, pumped for her day ahead of her.

She chooses out her outfit of the day that she is sure will impress. A short beige-coloured linen playsuit that Nala absolutely adores, with a small woven handbag with white fabric lining inside. As she ties up her black Doc Martins, Jaidyn and Marley come bursting in.
"Ready, missy moo?", Marley asks. Nala nods, staring at him with his messy bed hair and tired eyes.
"I am, but are you sure you are?", Nala laughs as Marley rolls his eyes, handing him a hairbrush from her bag.

A couple minutes later, Nala, Marley and Jaidyn set off to the car parked down in the hotel garage. When Nala has lowered herself down into the low-lying seat, she quickly puts her large black Chanel sunglasses on, staring into the mirrors to check how she looks.
"Don't worty, you look great like always", Jaidyn says from the passenger seat. Nala looks over and smiles at her warmly, rolling her eyes playfully. Jaidyn wears nice highwaisted denim shorts and a black crop-tee, with am Audi button-up undone over the top.
"You look beautiful, Jay!", Nala reminds her as she starts pulling out and driving off down the road.

The trio arrive to the paddock yet again to squealing fans crowding around the gates and trying to sneak a peak of drivers going past in their cars. Nala slowly winds down her window, waving and smiling to the gaggle of fans standing around and leaning on the railings separating the road and pathway. Then she quickly drives through into the parking lot. Getting out of the car, they make their way to the gates and enter the paddock, with Nala sighing happily.
"Nala! Hey, Nala!", she hears a voice call out her name somewhere around her, finding it to be Lando, a McLaren driver, followed by Carlos, a Ferrari driver. She saw them jog their way over as they stopped and started walking next to her.

"Lando. Carlos. Goodmorning boys!", Nala greets them kindly with a smile on her face.
"Goodmorning! We just wanted to say good job on yesterday and good luck for today, girl!" Lando says in his sassy voice as he nudges Nala with his elbow.
"Yes, you did so good yesterday. You'll be a top contender in no time, Nala", Carlos adds in his Spanish accent, making Nala's stomach do backflips at his words. She just hoped they would turn out to be true.

"Nala! You're here!", comes Mark's voice when they walk into the garages. He sweeps Nala into a quick hug saying, "First quali today! Excited?" When he pulls away, Nala nods excitedly. "So excited. But so nervous as well! I just want to do good", she says, earning a knowing smile from Mark.
"Well! Ya' better get used to it, kid! Everyone gets nerves, it's normal. And besides, you're bound to be great!" Mark's words made Nala feel happy, especially since they were coming from him, an old well-known and successful driver that had a great career.
"Thanks Mark. It's means a lot", she says, before walking off to the pit wall.

As Nala walked out, the sun shone down on her, making her shade her eyes with her hand. Nala's track engineer sat, waiting, as she types something on the laptop in front of her. "Morning, Alyssa!", Nala says in a chirpish manner.
"Good morning Nala! You ready for you first qualifying?", she asks.
"Ready as I'll ever be! I've got so many nerves though", Nala laughed awkwardly as Alyssa smiled at her.
"Don't worry, girl. It happens to the best. Really, ask them!", she laughed slightly back, as she continued to inspect the laptop.

Practise 3 went by quickly, Nala getting to 10th by the time it ended. Her nerves grew as it came closer and closer to her first qualifying session in Formula 1.

Nala took deep breaths as she lowered herself down into the car. When her seat buckles were tightened until she couldn't breath, she heard Jaidyn and Marley cheer from beside her.
"Woooo! Nala, let's go!", Jaidyn clapped her hands encouragingly, a bright smile on her face.
"Yea girl! Beat them all!", Marley calls, making Nala giggle slightly. She then turned all her attention and focus to the car. Everything was ready, she just had to do it now.

The Audi car of Nala Cameron roared out of the garage and down the pits as she prepared to do her first ever qualifying. As she went past the Mercedese garages, Nala saw Toto watching her come down towards him, a big proud smile on his face. Oh what she would give to have her fathers encouraging words come through the radio at that moment. But as the pits came to an end, she went into a fully-focused mode.

Nala could see the end of the last straight ahead of her, and she sped up, preparing for her flying lap. Coming around the corner, she went lightning fast down the first straight, and her lap time started. Nala flew around the track, meeting every apex and DRS zone. And as her lap came to an end, Alyssa's voice came through the radio.
"Amazing lap, Nala. Time was 1:31:005, great job, girl", she says, "P3 so far with Verstappen and Alonso in front", she continues.

Nala drives her car back into the pits, and she watches the other cars do their laps from the screen in front of her. As the first quali session comes to a close, she finishes 9th, and heads onto second quali. Excited, Nala cheers when she sees she finishes in the top fifteen, waving her hands around from where she was still firmly buckled into the cockpit of the car.

A couple minutes pass, and the start of second qualifying starts, meaning Nala once again drives her car into the lights of the track. She repeats what she did in her previous lap, hitting the apexes and going at a lightning fast speed. It paid off too.
"Wow, Nala, your on fire, keep it up! Lap time was 1:30:967. Your currently P7", Alyssa confirms through the radio.

With 4 minutes to go, Nala heads out yet again, doing an amazing lap and earning her P6. "Amazing, Nala! P6", Alyssa says into the radio, earning a "Thank you, Lyss", from Nala, who makes her way back to the pits.

The engineers prop the car up onto the wheely stands and push it into the garages. As Nala stares at the screen placed in front of her, she sees two faces in the corner of her sight. Jaidyn and Marley poked their head through the halo, one on each side with big bright smiles on their faces.

"Q3, baby!! Great job!", Marley cries enthusiasticly, putting his hand through to give Nala a high five.
"So proud, Nals! Your doing great. Smash them for us, ok?" Jaidyn says in her angelic voice, before blowing Nala a playful kiss and dispersing from Nalas line of view. Nala loved them both dearly, and their words made her feel one hundred times better now that they had said that. She felt like she was fully ready to go into Q3.

The last ten cars made their way onto the track for the final session of qualifying. Nala was estatic as she prepared for her flying lap, so happy that she made it this far in her first ever F1 race. And then she started.

Nala made the drive look effortless as she turned the windy corners and sped down the straights with immense speed. Her surrounding in the corners of her eyes were a blur to her, all focused on the track in front of her. She crossed the line with a great deal of speed, slowing down as she came to the first corner and starting to make her way back. She waited for the radio message from her track engineer in the mean time.

"Nala, great job, girl. P7 right now with a time of 1:30:610", Alyssa calls.
"Ok. Thanks, Lyss. I'm coming back now", Nala says.

Nala's car is rolled into the garage quickly, all the wires and tubes were connected to the sides straight away. She unbuckled the tight seatbelt and climbed her way out of the car, being met with massive hugs from Jaidyn and Marley.
"That was such a good lap!! I can't believe it!" Jaidyn says proudly with a big smile on her face.
"Agreed! You did so good! Now you just gotta beat the boys tomorrow", Marley says with a cheeky side smile.

"Thanks guys, but I really quickly need to go to the pit wall right now. I'll be back soon and we can talk as much as you want", Nala reassures as she runs off toward the pit wall, where a welcoming Alyssa and Mark sat. She was greeted with warm hugs, then told to sit down as she watched the rest of the qualifying.

In the last two minutes of qualifying, Nala went from P7 to P9. She clapped when the qualifying was finally over, proud of herself for getting so far in her first ever qualifying session.

As she went back to the hospitality, she was greeted by Ollie, who had been knocked out in the first qualifying session, receiving P18 for the start of the race.
"Nala! You did amazing!", Ollie cried, giving Nala a high five.
"Thanks Ollie. You actually did excellent as well, good job!", she replies, making Ollie smile.

When Ollie goes, making his way down the paddock, Nala bounds into the hospitality with her two friends by her side. They go into her driver room, Jaidyn and Marley sitting on the couch while Nala went through the wardrobe to find something to wear. She finally decided that she would just wear her race suit to the conferences, not worrying about getting new clothes right then.

The conferences took a while, Nala going around and answering multiple reporter's questions. A lot of them were the same.
"How does it feel to be the only female on track?"
"How did you become so successful at your age?"
"Has Formula 1 always been a dream for you?"
But one of the reporters asked, "Who was your biggest support system growing up doing racing?" Nalas words froze in her mouth for a moment. But then without thinking, she says, "my father was". Nala reprimanded herself mentally as she thought of those silly words she had said outloud. She was talking from Nala Wolff's perspective, not Nala Cameron's.
"Wow, he must be very proud. But I don't think we know who your father is Nala. Would you care to disclose that?" The nosy reporter asked. Nala shook her head quietly, knowing that everyone would eventually find out, she just didn't want it to be now.
"I actually need to go now, sorry", Nala whispers, her voice suddenly hoarse as she walked off. She left the conference space without another word, returning to the hospitality with Jaidyn quietly following behind.

"They can't know about dad. They just can't, not yet anway", Nala paces the room, when suddenly there is a knock at the room.

"Mark says you can go home now, Nala. If you want", Alyssa says from the door, and with that Nala was getting changed and walking out of the paddock in no time.

They arrive back to the hotel a short while after, the afternoon fading away to the black of night. Eventually, Nala falls asleep with her mind going a million miles an hour.

Nala threw on a white linen top and her favourite denim shorts the next morning as she hurried around, getting ready to go to the paddock. It was race day. Finally, it was race day. And Nala's stomach was twisting with butterflies.
The trio arrive to the paddock in the Audi, receiving a cheer from the crowd as they passed by. Frantically, Nala grabbed her stuff out of the car and quickly made her way to the entry with her friends following behind. Nala's heart was pumping, her anxiety levels high. She just needed this race to go well.

Jaidyn and Marley slowed her down as they got closer to the hospitality, trying to calm her down. "Deep breaths. Happy thoughts, ok?", Jaidyn reminded her, squeezing her hand comfortingly. Nala nodded as they slowly walked up the stairs to the hospitality. When they walked in, Nala was astonished. "Surprise! Happy birthday, Nala!", the crowd of people in front of her cheered. Nala had been so focused to the race that she had completely forgotten her birthday. And now that she saw what was in front of her, her expression lightened, a smile creeping onto her face.
Mark, Alyssa, Ollie, and all the engineers stood in front of her with little party hats strapped to their heads and big smiles on their faces.
"How did you know?", Nala asked Ollie, who gave her a big hug.
Ollie laughed, staring down at her as he explained. "Jaidyn told us actually. She's a great friend you have there", he says kindly, getsuring to Nalas friend standing off to the side.

Nala shuffled over to Jaidyn, wrapping her arms tightly around her as she whispered, "thank you", into Jaidyn's ear.

A big white came was bought out into the room, with everyone singing happy birthday to Nala. The cake had grey roses placed all around with a little cake replica of her car on the top tier. Nala smiled radiently as she cut the cake, giving the first slice to Jaidyn. She loved every minute of it.

A while later, it was finally time for Nala to start getting ready for her first ever Formula 1 race. She pulled up her overalls over her fireproofs, strapping on her shoes and dancing around the room on them. It was finally time, after all these years of waiting.

As she came out of the garages and into the sunset to go to the drivers parade, she spotted Toto. Her father. He smiled at her, a big bright smile. All she wanted to do was go up and hug him, to hear him say, "Happy birthday my darling girl", just like he did every year. But she couldn't. All she could do was smile back and keep walking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Spotlight By LandosGirl

General Fiction

21.7K 544 28
To make it to formula one you have to be prepared to make sacrifices- to be successful you actually have to make them. There was no line she would no...
27.7K 482 22
Teddy Wolff, the estranged daughter of the CEO, team principal, and co-owner of Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team had a horrible upbringing with...
194K 2.9K 45
It was supposed to be a simple one night stand... What happens when the troubled daughter of Toto Wolff gets dragged into the world of F1 and finds h...