Athy

Nibbles-is-cute tarafından

Losing all her childhood friends and learning how to cope with her mothers death is hard enough but not as he... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21: The Track Meet
Chapter 22: The Call
Chapter 23: The distance between us

Chapter 12

113 11 6
Nibbles-is-cute tarafından

"What else is there to say except that he's just a classmate?" I pick up the pedaling once I glance at my phone to check the time. Jennette is calling me even though we stayed up late to talk about Lucas and school. She left yesterday but she's been calling me nonstop. The truth is... I haven't really told her that much but she's been adamant about knowing every excruciating detail.

"Why didn't you tell me about him then?"

"He's quite literally a classmate. Girl. If anything I think of him as more of a bully than a friend." I scoff.

Sounds of things being dropped can be heard through my earbuds. Just what is she doing? She mutters some words and then, "He's been bullying you?!"

"No! I'm just saying that he's a pain in the ass is all. He annoys me." I clarify but I can practically imagine Jennette shaking her head.

"I don't think so." She pauses, "I think he wants your attention."

"Pft. He's a child then."

"Athy."

"I'm late to class because of you and now I have to listen to this nonsense this early in the morning? Hell no."

"You've been cursing a lot more since you've moved young lady." Jennette says in a menacing tone.

"SHIIIT" I miss the light and have to wait for the signal to cross.

"Athy!!!"

"Hehe. That time was on purpose... but I don't have to hold back anymore. There's no one here to stop me from swearing." I swat the sweat off of my face before picking up the pace once more. I can see my school a bit in the distance. I'm almost there... I hope I don't get detention again.

"If only I were there longer, I'd smack you upside the head." She pauses again. I'm guessing that she's thinking about something, "We should have a swear jar."

I scoff. "How would that work?"

"...Huh"

Jennette can be a bit of a dummy sometimes.

"I really have to go now." I lock my bike on the rack and adjust my bag on my shoulder as I make my way towards the entrance of my school.

"Call me tonight please. I still have tons more questions to ask you."

"How are you not in class right now?" The hall monitor glares at me as I talk. Sue me for having a social life I guess. "They're glaring at me, I'll call you later."

"Buh-bye!"

My phone vibrates:

Jennette: Don't forget to call me later and say hi to Lucas for me;-;

I cringe and clear the notification.

The seats fill as I enter my first class. Lucas is sleeping as per usual but Ijekiel greets me with the brightest smile known to man. I shudder and take my seat; a sigh of relief staggers past my lips.

"Made it just in time." I sink into my seat and drop my bag. Ijekiel is nice enough to pick it up for me and place it on its hook, "Thanks."

"No problem." I look around frantically, expecting the teacher to mention the messiness of my uniform, "The teacher is running late."

"Oh." Thank God. I sink into my hands in relief and Ijekiel laughs. As I'm adjusting my uniform, he taps my shoulder tightly.

"Congrats by the way."

"...?" The corner of his eyes crinkle as he smiles. He's so cute. I give Lucas the side eye even though I know he's not looking. If only he were more like Ijekiel, "What do you mean?"

"I heard you qualified for the track meet and are participating in multiple events."

"Ah yes." I chug down some water and smile awkwardly, "Congrats to you too. I heard you did outstanding. What events are you doing by the way?" All the girls in my class ditched my class to watch as he was tested. It was pretty hectic.

"I actually qualified for all of them but I'll be doing the relay and the high jump."

"Whoa. That's amazing Ijekiel." He blushes but then it occurs to me, "Wait that means... I'll be competing with you in the relay..."

"So will I." Lucas yawns like Raven and then slouches on my desk.

"Hey." I swat his arms away but he doesn't budge. He flicks at my fingers.

"We're all in the same team." Ijekiel confirms what Lucas just said but it doesn't really get through to me.

"Really? I didn't take you as the athletic type." I stare at him suspiciously, "I mean... you sleep through class all the time." But then again, he did run off pretty quickly that one time he gave me chocolate.

He gives me a lopsided grin, "I'm not."

I turn towards Ijekiel who's shaking his head with a bright smile, "He may not look like it but he has the highest rank for the first years and many clubs try to scout him to participate in their games.

My jaw drops nearly to the floor.

So that's why our homeroom teacher lets him sleep. He must be one of those people who don't need to study and that barely do any work. They're just naturally intelligent.

I frown as I glance at Lucas. His eyes are closed like he's asleep but I know he's not. We were talking just a minute ago. He has to be listening.

"Is that true?" I repeat and he turns his head.

"..."

I shake his shoulder and his laugh is muffled by his sleeve. Lucas' hair bounces when he lifts his head up to look at me. His eyes, bright, beam at me with the softest smile, "There's a lot you don't know Princess."

When he says that, it's like the air gets knocked out of my chest. Oh no. It's that feeling again. This tight pressure in my chest. I take a sharp breath, ignoring that funny feeling. "Yeah sure. Answer my question." I order after coughing uncomfortably.

"It's true... I'm just too amazing." He grins, then runs his fingers through his hair. Ijekiel scoffs and I roll my eyes. For a second, he seemed pretty impressive to me. Who would have thought that Lucas was the academic type? "I couldn't be bothered to do what people want me to do though. I just try not to live up to their expectations. It's exhausting being too awesome."

"What?" Sometimes I really don't understand a thing he says.

Ijekiel crosses his arms with eyebrows scrunched in confusion but there's still a slight smile. He's really too nice for this world, "So what's your reason for participating in the track meet?"

That's right... why are you Lucas? He definitely seems like the type that says, "What's in it for me?"

Lucas smiles.

Suddenly, before Lucas can answer Ijekiel's question, our teacher rushes in with her binders nearly slipping out of her grasp, "Good morning class! I'm running a little late today so let's begin with the reading and then transition into study hall for the upcoming midterm."

Everyone sighs, the air still with silent despair and longing for the day to end.

.

.

.

After the last bell rings, I make my way to my locker to take my notebooks out. Once I open the door, a note slips down to my feet. My fingers pry it off the floor, my face unphased at this point. I've gotten notes anonymously every other day so now it's come to no surprise. They're actually pretty nice now and they don't seem to be targeted at me anymore. If anything they're a breath of fresh air. It's strange really... Ever since I received that one note saying that I looked like a dog, I haven't received one that seemed insensitive. They are mostly random like the facts you get on a Snapple cap, or a relatable saying accompanied by a question. Then there are days though where it feels like the owner is flirting with me. Today's note is a drawing of a puppy, slightly resembling Raven, sleeping in the grass and there's a hint of affection.

Today's a little boring. What do you do to get through the day? There are days when I feel like I'm in prison. But there are days when I see you smile and it feels better. I was right when I said you'd look better if you smiled... so keep doing it. It cheers everyone up. I promise:) Let's get through the day!

I shake my head with a smile as I fold it neatly to place in my bag. I glance around even though I know it's hopeless. There has been no hint to the owner of these notes. My options are very limited though so it feels like it should be obvious right?

I think about Lucas and Ijekiel-the only boys I know and the only people I talk to. Lucas couldn't possibly like me right? Yeah right. "He isn't the type to do this anyways." I mutter as I close my locker. As for Ijekiel-

"Who isn't the type to do what?" I jolt back in surprise. Ijekiel holds my arm, my book nearly slipping from under my arm.

"Oh thanks, Ijekiel." I would suspect Ijekiel if the first two notes were even close to something he'd write. I shake my head. I don't think it's him at all.

He tilts his head to the side like a confused puppy and gives me a timid smile, "What are you thinking about?"

"Well uh..." I think about asking him but it's a little awkward. How would Ijekiel react? Lucas was nonchalant and indifferent when I showed him. Ah! What the hell. "I've been getting these notes." I pull the folded piece of paper out of my backpack and place it in the center of his palm. He looks up at me in surprise, the smile slipping away completely and is instead converted in a straight line. His lips then purse into a scowl.

"Has someone been bothering you?" Ijekiel grips my shoulders and pulls me closer, his eyes scanning my face in concern. I've never seen him so... distressed before. He's always been composed and calm. "Are you being bullied?"

I burst out laughing after I focus on his eyebrows which are furrowed and arched. He's so serious, it's comical. "I'm fine~Take a look."

He isn't convinced until he unfolds the paper and scans the content. His hands start to twitch and an expression I've never seen on his face takes over his usual charming self. If I could describe it, it's like he's trying something new to eat and he's not sure how to react and trying to be polite at the same time-if you know what I mean. In simple terms...he's uncomfortable. Could he possibly be the owner of the notes? Maybe not. I can't really read him too well. "Ijekiel?"

His yellow eyes flicker and then he's back. He smiles with his eyes slightly closed, "What a cute drawing." A second later, a sigh escapes past his lips, "It's a relief that you're not getting harassed."

"I thought you were about to head straight to the principal's office. I've never seen you so upset before." I rub the back of my neck, feeling awkward. "Anyways... I've been getting those notes for a while now. I was hoping you could help me find out who the owner is."

He purses his lips, "I'm not sure who it could be but I'll try my best to help you."

"You will?" I tug at his sleeve and cause him to stagger back in surprise, "Sorry... Thank you! I'm so excited to find out who they are and why they decided to send me these notes."

"Can I ask why?" Ijekiel hands the paper back to me and I fold it neatly once more to place in my backpack. "Don't you find this a little... weird?'

"I did at first but these have helped me the last couple of weeks. Even though I don't have any friends besides you and Lucas, it really cheers me up when this person communicates with me." I intertwine my fingers together, "I want to thank them and get to know them."

He pauses, as if he has something to say but all that he does say is, "I see. Well... I have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Uh... yeah. Bye Ijekiel!" He turns away quickly and then he's gone.

How strange and abrupt.

I watch him as he fades into the crowd by the entrance of the school and it leaves me wondering if he truly doesn't have an idea of who it might be. Maybe he knows and he doesn't want to tell me. If that were the case, why would he try to hide it from me?

I shake my head and tap my shoes to adjust them and then head to the bike racks to head home for the day. My thoughts occupy my head as I make my rounds back to the house and when I go to bed. After tossing and turning for over an hour, the same thought repeats in my head.

If it's not Ijekiel nor Lucas... who could possibly be the owner of the notes?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

84.6K 3K 41
A wmmap fanfic . What if Athanasia wasn't the only royal child ? What if another princess was born before her to the Emperor and Empress ? She who w...
78.9K 3.4K 34
[!!ON HOLD!!] ~*~*~*~*~*~ What will happen if Athanasia has a twin sister? Will the plot change or will it stay? Will the girl finally live happily i...
29.8K 1K 41
Book 1 ༺ 𝓡𝓾𝓫𝓲𝓪 𝓭𝓮 𝓐𝓵𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓪! ༻ How the hell did that happen? When Lisa took her last breath under water, she thought that was it...
10.3K 532 10
The youngest grandaughter of the High Priest of Tìrvitae is met with a terrible truth. Given a revelation by the Holy "World Tree", she suddenly rem...