CELTIGAR - House of The Dragon

By LoisFt

A silver haired girl, waging war to restore her ancestral house to its former glory. Rhea Celtigar, the King'... More

Lady Rhea, of House Celtigar
Nameday Celebrations
Gardens
Sapphire
Essence of Nightshade
Nightgowns and Chandeliers
Misplaced property
Queen Alicent
Martell & Baratheon
Talk of Betrothals
Ire
First Night
Brothel
Tea
Throne Room
Dinner
Duty
Strong
"The King is Dead,
long live the King"
Arrow
Healing
First Attempt
House Celtigar
Stab
Awakening
Unfit
Lucerys Velaryon
Dragonstone
Deeds, not Words
Regards
Beast within
The Tower of the Hand
The Trial of the Hand
A good King?
Boat
Marian Snow
Winterfell
War
A truce?
King's Landing
Reckless
Brother, Sister
Crown
King & Queen
A/N
Dragons in the North
The Battle for Winterfell
Justice
Rhea Celtigar & Aemond Targaryen
Epilogue : Legacy
New book

One Flesh, One Heart, One Soul

2K 50 0
By LoisFt

Standing in front of her mirror with her handmaiden Marian, Lady Rhea turned to take one more look at the dresses laid out on her bed. They had all been commissioned by the Queen Mother as a gift for her wedding. One of them was blue, the same colour as the dresses she used to wear as a child, one of them was green, the same shade Helaena often wore, and two of them were white, with various details on them. Rhea ran her fingers on the different fabrics, trying to decide which gown she would wear. She felt like none of them truly fit her, truly matched her spirit and sat down, her shoulders slumped, on her bad as her handmaiden gave her a supportive smile.

"My lady, I was order to deliver this to you by the prince," a servant said, sliding their head through the doors of Rhea's chambers.

Rhea turned around, surprised, and her eyes sparkled as she saw the dress her handmaiden had taken from the servant's hands. It was a beautiful, long and flowy deep blood red dress with bells sleeves and golden flowers encrusted around the plunging neckline and on the sleeves. She gasped, her fingers running along the gorgeous gown she had been presented with.

"There was a note alongside it, my lady," the servant added, handing her the piece of parchment.

"My love," Rhea started reading out loud. "I had this dress made for you the day we shared our first kiss and never found the right moment to give it to you, until now. What better day for you to wear my gift than that of our wedding?"

She smiled, pressing the note against her heart. She then slid the gown on with Marian's help and rejoiced as she caught a glimpse of her reflection, the dress looked beautiful on her. Aemond had chosen it perfectly, she felt as if it mirrored her soul and she twirled, letting the gown float around her as she laughed happily. Her hair was down, except for two strands which had been tied in the back of her head in a loose braid. Looking in the mirror one last time before leaving, she realised she did not have her necklace on, the one her prince had gifted her and it came to her she had not seen it a days.

"Marian, have you seen my necklace?" she asked nervously.

"No, my lady," the girl shook her head.

"Great," Rhea said sarcastically. "Well, I will have to do without it today."

"Good luck, my lady," Marian said, waving her goodbye. "Have the most wonderful day."

Rhea, who had started walking away, turned to face her handmaiden and grabbed her hands, squeezing them.

"Come, stand in the crowd, Marian," Rhea offered. "Then at least someone would be my guest."

The handmaiden agreed gratefully and Rhea, along with four knights, walked out of the Red Keep and into her carriage, heading towards the Dragonpit. It dawned on her she would not be surrounded by the people she cared for as she had always dreamed she would on her wedding day. She had always pictured Rhaenyra and her sons there, as well as all her cousins, cheering her on as she would walk towards her future husband and she they would be able to share in her joy. No one from her House would be allowed anywhere near her, now. No one besides the Greens would be allowed near her any more, and, as much as she truly loved them, it filled her with great sadness to stand alone when she should have stood with her House and family. Refusing to cry, refusing to let her regrets, her wishes, to cast a shadow on the day she would finally become Aemond's wife, she took a deep breath and chose to focus on the positive.

As her carriage drew to a halt, she glanced outside, to see the great crowd which had gathered before the Dragonpit, around the platform which had been raised in front of the building. She could see Aemond already standing there, waiting for her by his mother's side, standing on Rhea's was Helaena. It warmed her heart to see her sister there, to see she was not so alone in the capital ultimately.

Smoothing her dress as she exited the carriage, she was escorted closer to the crowd and raised her eyes at the building standing in front of her, a small ball of nerves in her throat. As she began walking, she heard a familiar shriek and cocked her head towards the sky. Sapphire was perched atop the Dragonpit, his blue scaly body majestic, towering above all else. She heard the flapping of wings in the distance and her eyes fell on Vhagar, flying around the city. Dragons were truly magnificent beasts. Sapphire flapped his own wings as his rider made her way towards the steps leading to the pit, cheers erupting as the crowd laid eyes on the bride. Aemond turned to look at her, a huge smile stretching his lips as his eye scanned her body, tightly wrapped in the dress he had gifted her. She was gorgeous and he would be sure to let her know after the ceremony. At the bottom of the steps, to her surprise, Rhea was joined by Aegon who held out his arm of her to take it. She slid her arms around his and they began walking up the stairs, Rhea's eyes locked in Aemond's. Aegon was wearing his crown and walked slowly, like a true King.

"It is an honour to be walked down the aisle by you, your Grace," Rhea looked at him teary eyed.

Aegon squeezed her hand.

"It is the least I can do, sister."

The both of them walked in silence, Aegon's hand on her in brotherly, protective manner. As they reached the top of the stairs, Aegon let go of Rhea and bowed his head with a smile. She turned to look at the crowd, taken aback by how many people had actually come to bear witness to her wedding to the Prince. She glanced at the Queen whose eyes were filled with proud tears, and looked up at Helaena, her friend, who nodded towards her in a supportive manner. After all, Helaena's own wedding had been quite the affair as well, back when it happened, as it was also a prince's wedding, the King's firstborn son. It had been a huge party and people celebrated it for weeks.

It was usually tradition for the bride to wear a cloak with her family's colours and sigil, but, as her family had been banned from attending, Rhea wore no cloak at all. She knew Aemond had intended the colour of her gown to be a subtle nod to her family and for that she was immensely thankful. She glanced at the crowd and, when she could not spot a single familiar face, the smile she had had on her face dropped, lowering her head.

As she finally reached Aemond, he looked at her as if she was the most precious thing in the world, as if she was his world. She looked up at him, overcome with emotion and smiled, a real smile, a happy one. He was there, and it was truly happening. He heart pounded in her chest, so hard, so full of love for the man in front of her.

The High Septon, who stood between them, urged the crowd to fall silent.

"We stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife: one flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever," he began.

Aemond held Rhea's hands, their fingers intertwined, in his as the High Septon tied a white ribbon around them, symbolizing their union.

"Let it be known that Prince Aemond of House Targaryen and Lady Rhea of House Celtigar are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder."

Rhea smiled at her prince, her cheeks blushing slightly. His thumb brushed against her skin and his eye fell to her lips before looking back in her blue eyes.

"In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words," the High Septon announced.

Their eyes fixed upon the others, the young couple began reciting their vows.

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger," their voices loud, their faces showing how smitten, how committed they were to one another.

"I am hers and she is mine. From this day, until the end of my days," the prince vowed, his hand pressing hers lovingly.

"I am his and he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days," Rhea spoke simultaneously.

"With this kiss, I pledge my love," the prince said, leaning down to finally kiss her for the first time as his wife, his other hand raising to her face to cup it.

As they parted, Aemond could have died right then and there from the amount of love he felt, the look she had in her eyes could have him burn whole cities to the ground if she asked him.

"With this kiss, I swear to always protect you and keep you safe, my love," Aemond added as the High Septon procclaimed them man and wife to the crowd which erupted into cheers and loud claps.

Aemond kissed her again, this time longer, and rested his forehead on hers. Queen Alicent clapped, a tear escaping her eye as she welcomed her new daughter by law in her family.

"I, the Queen Mother, declare Rhea of the House Celtigar, to be titled Princess Rhea of House Targaryen. A true Princess of the Realm, and my daughter-by-law," Queen Alicent stated, her hands resting on Rhea's.

Rhea bowed her head and wiped a tear from her eye. The bells from the Sept rang as the High Septon left the platform, Rhea and Aemond now husband and wife. Vhagar and Sapphire, almost as if they had known, both roared above the Dragonpit and then flew away together, circling the place majestically.

Rhea looked around her and let a tear roll down her cheek, forever bidding goodbye to House Celtigar, her eyes sliding over the empty seats they should have sat on as she married her prince. As the bells rang one last time, Rhea finally looked away from the seats and back at her husband, her hand in his as they entered their carriage.

As they enjoyed their wedding feast in the halls of the Red Keep, Aemond turned to look at his wife who was sitting beside him. He placed a gentle hand on her thigh and kissed her temple, under his family's eyes, finally free to show the whole world she belonged to him. She leant in, savouring the tender gesture and rested her head on his shoulder, her own hands stroking his thigh absent-mindedly.

"From this day forth, no more hardship, my love," Aemond promised her and she kissed the base of his neck.

She tried her hardest to believe him, knowing her husband wanted to believe it as well, but she could not. She was well aware their lives would never be as good as they had been before King Viserys had died, and so was Aemond.

"By the way, sweet wife," Aemond spoke again, an amused grin on his lips. "Look what I found on the floor of your chambers some days ago."

Dangling from his hands was Rhea's necklace, the one he had gifted her many years ago. She gasped, her eyes glinting happily as she wrapped her arms around her new husband. She planted quick pecks on his cheeks as he laughed wholeheartedly.

"May I?" He asked.

She nodded and lifted her hair, giving him access to her neck so he could place the necklace where it belonged. She brought her fingers to it, stroking it affectionately as the cold silver touched her warm skin.

"My husband," she voiced quietly, smiling as she whispered against his cheek and kissed him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 635 50
Lyanna and Aemond's story is far from over. After winning the battle beyond the Wall and escaping the wrath of Rhaenyra, they thought they will now l...
44.7K 797 16
she is the (only) trueborn daughter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and Lord Laenor Velaryon. after her younger brother, Lucerys, slices out the eye o...
111K 4.1K 47
In the bloody realm of Westeros, a dark and dramatic tale unfolds. The young daughter of Prince Daemon Targaryen, burdened with a legacy of power and...
140K 3.4K 42
Before the union of Rhaenyra with Ser Laenor Velaryon, an event etched forever in memory took place when Daemon claimed Rhaenyra's innocence in the h...