Is This The End? - Duskwood

By X3kristax3

Its been five years since everything happened in Duskwood. She's living in Colville for three years now with... More

Chapter 1: The Fight
Chapter 2 - Protecting Her
Chapter 4 - Hearts Breaking
Chapter 5 - This Isn't Fate
Chapter 6: the Phone Call
Chapter 7: The Storm
Chapter 8: The Dance
Chapter 9: Find My Forever
Chapter 10: The Car Ride
Chapter 11: Love Hard but Slow
Chapter 12: Like Old Times
Chapter 13: Trying to Change
Chapter 14: I Need Time
Chapter 15: I Need to Love Slow
Chapter 16: Falling Slowly
Chapter 17: New Coworker
Chapter 18: The Festival
Chapter 19: Where It All Started
Epilogue

Chapter 3- Another Life

489 22 0
By X3kristax3

I must have fallen asleep as Jessy wakes me up and I saw we are in Duskwood. I haven't been here since I came to visit two years ago and I saw Jake for the first time. I sigh realizing this is going to be a rough trip. She pulled into the Aurora and I see Dan there. I sigh, waiting for the famous 'I told you so'. I get out of the car and he pulls me in for a hug.

"Jessy told me, MC. I'm sorry you didn't deserve that" he says, hugging me tight.

I start sobbing into his chest "I didn't even do anything to deserve it. I was always the supportive girlfriend to him." I start having a panic attack "how can someone say they love you and do that?" I sob into his chest.

"I don't know boo but I hope he doesn't follow you here" he says.

I hadn't even thought of that. "I need a fucking drink" I say walking into the bar.

Phil is standing at the counter. "We aren't open yet!" He yells not looking up from what he's doing.

"You told me i always have a seat and a bottle of Jack with my name on it" I yell back at him grabbing a chair and sitting down.

Jessy and Dan come up behind me "you did tell her that the last time she was here" says Jessy.

'MC?" He says looking at me.

"Yep now hand me that bottle I need it" I say.

" you can have a drink," he says, pouring me a cup.

I reach and take the bottle "yeah, no the bottle is needed" I say taking a drink straight from the brand new bottle.

"Fuck do I even wanf to know?" He asks.

"No you don't" says Dan as we hear the doors open.

"We're not open!" Yells Phil as he looks at the door and sees Jake. "Fuck what do you want?" He says.

Dan turns around and gets up. I don't even try to stop them. As they start fighting until I hear someone get thrown into a table.

"STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!" I angrily yell as I spin around and give them both the death glare.

"I told you to stay away from her!" Dan angrily yells walking away from him.

"Jake you're not welcomed here" I say walking up to him with my bottle of whiskey.

"MC, please can we talk?" Jake asks, grabbing my hand.

I see the hurt in his eyes and where Dan punched him in the face. "No, I don't want to talk to you. I saw the message and I saw your messages to Jessy. I don't care that you're sorry for how you treated me. You're 100% right, I deserve better" Isay walking away from him and up to Phil. "Still want to take me out on a date?" I ask him leaning against the bar.

"MC, your fucking drunk and haven't eaten!" Yells Jessy.

"Ask me when you're sober and not pissed off at your boyfriend" says Phil with a flirty smile.

"I'm not that drunk and he's not my boyfriend anymore" I say as I lean against the counter more.

Dan grabs my waist and pulls me away "MC no!" He pulls me into the corner.

Jakes POV

I see the red BMW at the Aurora and I know I'm walking into a fight. I get out of the car and walk in. Phil instantly tells me they are closed and he sees me. I see MC and a bottle of whiskey she's drinking out of. I know she's trying to numb her feelings. Dan comes up and I realize I need to protect myself. He gets a few punches in. I punch him back and he throws me on a table.

I hear MC yell at us and I look at her, I see the hate in her eyes still. Everything feels like it's unfolding and the world is swallowing me whole. I see her walk up to Phil and ask him if he still wants to take her out on a date. I clench my hands so hard and want to punch him but it will make the situation just worse. I walk back outside and kick my car. I lean against it realizing I really have lost her for good.

I hear someone open the door "I don't want to hear what you have to say" I say unsure who's even behind me at this point.

"I want to hear what you have to say," says MC with a slur.

I turn around and I see her stumbling. I grab her as she almost falls off and I lean her against my car, standing in front of her.

"I'm sorry, MC. I'm sorry for pushing you away and for this morning" I say looking into her eyes. For the first time I don't see hate, I see fear, uncertainty, sadness, and a hint of love still in those eyes. This exact moment I just want to kiss her as I see the tears run down her face.

"Why? Why hurt me when all I wanted was forever with you?" She says looking at me and I can tell she's looking for an answer.

"It's what I always do. I always fuck up the good things in my life and you are just too perfect for someone like me" I say as I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

She grabs my hand for the first time. "I can't trust you Jake. My heart even though it's broken into a million pieces still loves you but I can't give it back to you now." She says with tears in her eyes.

Jessy comes out "MC lets get you food" she says walking up to us and sees MC holding my hand as tears roll down her face.

I don't look away from MC "I understand just know you will always hold mine" I say as I pull away.

She pulls me to her and kisses my cheek soaked in tears "goodbye Jake" she says into my ear.

I squeeze her tight, smelling her perfume one more time "in another lifetime we will work" I say into her ear so Jessy can't hear us.

MC walks away and goes back inside.

"Did you really come all this way just for that?" Jessy asks.

"I did Jessica. She will always hold my heart but she made it clear "I don't get hers back" I say, going to open my door.

"Stay here" she says running back in and comes out pulling MC. She stands her in front of me.

"Jessy what are you doing? Phil was making me a burger and fries" she says.

I can't help but laugh because when she's drunk that's her go too food. I see the glare and I stop laughing.

'MC, I'd rather you give Jake another chance then go on a date with Phil" she says as Dan comes out

" MC your food is ready" he says at the door as he walks back inside.

"No you don't get to make that choice Jessy!"she yells as she storms away back inside.

"I'm sorry." Jessy says as she walks towards the bar.

"Thanks for trying Jessica" I say as I get in the car and peel out.

MC POV

I walk back into the Aurora and sit at booth. Phil brings me the plate and sits down. "What is going on with you and him?" He asks

"I don't want to talk about it Phil. I'm so sick of crying at this point. This wasn't the trip I expected." I say pushing the plate away and putting my head on the table.

"Hey you need to eat to soak up that whiskey you just had. I mean you drank half a bottle," phil says.

Dan walks up and sits next to me rubbing my back "it's okay MC. You didn't deserve this" he says.

"Can I sit here alone please" I say as I start crying again.

They both get up and walk back to the bar. After a few minutes I decide to eat my food before it gets cold. I pull out my phone and go through my photos. I see all the ones Jake and I had taken together and the ones I snapped of just him when he wasn't paying attention and my heart breaks.

I don't want this to be the end, he was my world. He was everything I wanted but I guess I wasn't for him.

I open my messages. He's not online but I open his chat and Jessy comes sits across from me.

"Please think about what I said MC" she pleads.

"Jessy, you're right I was too emotional and drunk before when I said that to Phil. How am I supposed to fix things with Jake when I can't trust him again?" I say eating a fry.

"Just talk to him. I'm not saying jump back into his arms but when I saw you leaning against his car holding his hand. I saw love there unlike earlier. You two are destined for eachother." She says.

'You know we both have the same tattoo? Had it before we even met." I say looking at my phone background and its him kissing me on the beach.

"Message him... I'll go back to Dan and give you space" she says, grabbing a fry and leaving.

"You owe me for that" I say with a giggle.

"Add it to my bill" she laughs.

I open the chat again and I see him online. He must have stopped somewhere.

MC: Hey, can we talk?

Jake: Yeah i'm still in Duskwood, want to meet up?

MC: no.

MC: if I see you......

Jake: I understand.

MC: Why do you think you don't deserve to be happy with me?

Jake: You're everything I would've wanted in my future.

MC: That makes no sense Jake.

Jake: You know I have my demons. You my past. You know I'm hard to love. I pushed you away because I actually do want to marry you one day. I want to have a home and family with you.

I look at my phone and start crying as I read this. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 1.3K 33
(Duskwood with alternate ending) Willow and Jake love to drive each other crazy and the fact that they are chasing a masked madman doesn't seem to st...
37.6K 2K 41
Love, fear, friendship, uncertainty: the four cardinal points on which MC's life revolves since she joined the attempts to find Hannah. Fascination...
10.8K 731 49
I thought I was saving lives. I thought I was protecting everyone. I thought... I slowly closed my eyes. This wasn't the first time, nor was it going...
2.6K 124 4
A short story, Duskwood universe. MC has had enough of Jake's manipulations and, to his misery, she knows where he currently is. So, she decides to c...