Not his type

By suzangill98

He owned half of the state,with the casinos and clubs just a small part of them. Relationships disgusted him... More

The club
A girl?
The embarrassment
The Hero
Lost and found.
The interview
The Offer
Homeless?
The Hero
The war of words
Stay
Rules
Wish me luck!
Failure
Trapped
The Child in her
His Bad side
The Punishment
Crossing Limits
Broken
Pride over lust
Brother trouble
The mysterious women
The Phoenix
The rise of a Queen
The meet
It must be destiny?
Her Lies
The Protector
His way

Lion's den

2.7K 287 17
By suzangill98

             Rose's pov

*Honk*

*Honk*

*Honk*

Agghhh dammit! Last I checked wasn't blowing the damn horn banned! Why are these people hell bound to ruin my eardrums.

" Move aside women! You are standing in the middle of a road!"

" I can see that moron! Just give me a second!"

I scream back at the man giving me a disgusted look. Holding the handle of the damned bicycle to get down from it.

Walking would have been way better than this.

Why did I even rode this thing?

Oh yah. Because of that iceberg of a man! That cold emotionless arrogant bast- I mean basket!

Shaking my head. I continue to walk on the pavement.Seeing the car drivers passing by giving me weird looks.Speaking something under their breaths.

" What? "

I ask and they just rode off.

To be honest it's not their fault. Imagine a person suddenly stops in the middle of a road.Frozen.

Anyone would think I am suicidal.

But I couldn't help it myself...I hear strange voices when I drive this thing...I see the same image.

The image of a man and a little girl.

Her voice.

" Daddy...I am going to fall.....save me....daddyyy!!!!"

Her falling from the bycycle. His voice calming her.

" Shh my love it's fine. Daddy got you. "

The same image. The same voice. Am I crazy? If you think I am then let me tell you I must be crazy from childhood because I have been seeing this scene since I was barely 7.

What a weird mind.

Ignoring my thoughts I continue to walk. With this additional baggage of this stupid bycycle.

Determined to not bring along this cursed thing again.

Reaching the VK empire building.I finally park it in the bycycle stand. To look down at myself.

My clothes were fully drenched in sweat,my face red and breathing un even.

Ignoring my state, I rush in to get to work. If only I had known that today was no way going to be like it was earlier.

Getting on the bad side of Victor Kingston was going to be my gravest sin.

And today was just going to be a trailer of it.

.
.
.

" Listen you are lat- oh my god girl what happened to you! Here have some water."

Amelia says offering me a glass of water and I gulp it like I have been starved since centuries. I could feel everyone's eyes on me and trust me I have hated this attention more than anything.

" Nothing I am good. Let's get to work."

" Oh okay."

And that's when I hear one of the...you know perfect looking girls gang approach me to look down on me.

I was surprised they were even talking to me.

But how I wished they didn't when they spoke the first sentence.

" Ewww I don't know what's happening to the standard of this place. "

" Sir Victor hates people who are late. Who don't wear proper clothes to office and who break the rules."

" I wonder how this girl is getting excused everytime.'

And that's when a girl behind her speaks something in her ear and my ears flare hearing her words.

" I bet she couldn't satisfy Sir... that's why she was demoted after just one day."

" He doesn't just care for employees like her you know..."

They chuckle amongst themselves when Amelia blocks me behind her. Stepping in.

" Natalie. This is the last time I am warning you and your friends. Stop bullying others-"

" But ma'am we haven't even bullied the girl yet. We were just trying to know her you know..."

" Enough ! Go back to work now!"

The girl Natalie rolls her eyes at Amelia 's words to only approach me. Moving closer to me ,she looks down at my clothes to speak in disgust.

" If I was you new girl. I would change my clothes. You stink like a skunk."

" Thank me later! See you soon!Bye!"

She turns around and leaves and I couldn't help believe her words. I really stink right now.

I should really change.

" Don't mind them Rose. Sir was asking for you half an hour ago. You are really late. Just go to him -"

" But...do you have something spare...my clothes."

" Oh yes I forgot.I think I have something for you."

.
.
.

I am standing in the bathroom,staring at myself. My nose and cheeks was red because of the sun burn. Hair all sticky and the clothes I wore...well they were too tight.

Turning around I stare at my bottom in the pencil skirt and I gulp.

Was this what people considered sexy?

I barely had any knowledge about that.

Turning in front. I pull up the v neck of the formal shirt. To straighten my back.

Here we go.
.
.
.
" May I come in Sir?"

I ask. Feeling my insides churn as I stated at his back towards me. He seemed busy on a call.

His eyes fixed at the skyscrapers outside.

" Sir may I-"

He looks at me over his shoulder to not say anything. And I clench the folder in my hands when I feel his eyes trail lower to asses my clothes.

Ignoring his eyes.I walk further.

To be only stopped by his domineering voice that made my footsteps to halt and soul to shudder.

" Did I allow you to come in  ,Miss Rose?"

He says ending the call. To place his palm on the table and I gulp.

" No..Sir...but I assumed..."

" You assumed wrong! I asked for you 35 minutes ago not now! Get out!"

He has never talked to me like that...his voice was low. But his words..they pierced something inside my chest.

I stepped back with my head lowered.Trying to control my heart which was literally quivering under his command.

" I walked here...and it was hot-"

" I don't care miss Rose. And I don't have time to hear your excuses."

" Get out! Now!"

With those cold grey orbs looking at me in hate. He lifts up his cell to continue talking to the client like nothing happened.

Ignoring me and I rush out of the door.

Feeling tears prick my eyes.

What a monster! Who does he think he is? It was him only be asked me to come on the bycycle.

Am I a superwoman or what? He expects me to fly here now?

Not knowing what to do. I just keep standing outside his door.

Waiting for god knows what when I hear a voice.

" Oh hey Rose. What are you doing here?"

I look up find beautiful pair of green eyes looking at me and I straighten up. Giving her a small smile.

" Lisa. Hey....I was just...I..."

" Sir called you specifically to make him his coffee. "

"Supposedly he loved your hands magic girl. But you weren't here so finally after waiting for long..I made it."

" He didn't complain. But from his expression I could tell he loved yours better."

She says winking at me and I couldn't help smile at her. She really didn't seem bad.

Not like that Natalie and her gang.

" Oh. I am sorry...I just got caught up."

" No worries girl. Get back to work. I have to give these files and we have a meeting in 5. Will catch you later."

She is gone after that and I gulp. Seeing her opening the door to enter. It took few minutes for the door to close and I feel my heart race when she directly walks to him.

Rather to close.

Keeping aside the folder she places her manicured fingers on his knot tie. Helping him close his shirts top button.

He didn't mind a bit.

Busy talking on the phone.

When suddenly his eyes move up to meet mine and I freeze. The door closes at that very time and I rush out from there.

My heart racing and palms sweaty.

Stay away from him Rose...he is bad news. Stay away.

.
.
.

" Can you please check this for clerical errors?"

" But-"

" Thanks Rose"

" Can you upload these documents in the system? Get it done by tonight okay? "

" But-"

" This file is very important! Send it to RN Consultants!"

" Print these pages and arrange them please!"

.
.
.
One after the other, people keep on piling new files on my table. And before I can tell them no.

They just chuckle amongst themselves and leave.

Staring at the papers on my table. I rub my temple to try to soothe my nerves.

I was having a headache already.

The food I had during lunch. Seemed to have vanished from my system and I was feeling famished.

It was 6 o clock and I see people leaving.

How can they?

Some of the works they gave me are very important. If not completed by tomorrow, it was going to affect the companies image badly.

Looking around for help, I see Amelia the only one left.

Packing her stuff ,even she was going to leave when her words left me stunned.

" Amelia... everyone just dumped their work on me
..can you please help-"

" I wish I could Rose. But I am afraid I can't."

" Everyone knows it was you who pulled that prank and I won't lie."

" They are punishing you for it. "

Dammit! Running my fingers through my hair. I feel like a fool. I should have guessed.

Of course they are going to hate me.

" But it's their work...if they don't do it. Won't Sir be punishing them?"

Amelia just shrugs her shoulder.

" Sir knows about this. I told him but he did nothing about it. "

" He rarely engaged in staff matters."

" I am afraid you will be held accountable for it. And you know well how these unions can manipulate things."

" I don't want to go against them Rose. My job is very important to me. I am sorry."

" You are on your own in this."

Atleast she told me the truth. I was thankful for it.

" It's fine. Thank you."

She gives me an encouraging smile. And I see her walk away like others.

Staring at the empty seats in the office and at the clock showing 7:10 I just pick up the first file.

Getting back to work.

" You wasted everyone time"

His words echo in my mind and I understood why this was happening.

I was getting punished for this crime.

For not valuing others time.

Staring at the blinking cursor on the screen. I had no choice but to get to work.

We can do it Rose. Come on.

.
.
.

It was 11:35 and I won't lie. My head was pounding, fingers aching. Belly rumbling and back sore.

Blinking my tired red eyes. I still continue to work in an uncomfortable silence surrounding me.

I bet no one was here at this time.

When my words prove wrong.

" You haven't eaten anything in last 6 hours. Here"

A voice comes from behind me and I clench my fingers seeing a polythene of packed food getting placed on my desk.

An arm with sleeves up till his elbow, protruding veins lining his forearm become visible and I lock my eyes back on the screen.

Identifying his voice and aura easily.

Ignoring him I continue to type. Filling in the data in the system to only hear a sigh.

" Rose"

I ignore him. Feeling him standing just behind me. His aura enough to make an uneasiness settle in the pit of my stomach.

" Ignore me for all you want. But eat your food."

" Don't forget how badly it ended, the last time you skipped your food."

My fingers stop typing and I close my eyes. He was right. I had a serious gastrointestinal attack and he witnessed it himself.

But blame it on my ego.

I didn't wanted to eat the food he brought. I don't want to go soft. I want to hate him.

Opening my eyes. Determined. I continue typing.

Few more minutes into ignoring him and I feel him moving closer to me from behind.

His chin rests on my shoulder and I gulp. Feeling my fingers tremble with his closeness.

His subtle beard touched my cheek and I go still. My eyes widen as I see him staring at the screen.

His fingers trail my arms softly to have him place his palms on my knuckles.

And I freeze.

My heart ready to leap out of my chest.

" You did a mistake here my lioness."

" Here. Let me correct it for you."

He moves the cursor, directing the mouse under my palm and I see him correcting the mistake with just one click.

I didn't knew it could be corrected like that.

" Here. Done"

Retreating his fingers he was going to move back when he moves his head to look at me and suddenly.

We both just realised how close we were.

His breath fans my lips and I couldn't help ask him.

" Why...why are you doing this?"

" Doing what?"

He speaks. Looking down at my lips to have his eyes darken , and I close my eyes.

Struggling with my emotions.

" Act like you care."

He searches for something in my eyes and next I know he lifts himself up. Moving back from me.

That cold facade masks his eyes.

And he just leans back on the table to stare at his watch.

" I am giving you 7 minutes to eat this food and come with me for your next punishment."

" If you fail. You know what happens."

" You bast-"

" 6 minutes 50 seconds."

Keeping in the profanities. I lift myself up to open the damned package.

My stomach protests seeing the fried rice and salad. Taking the first bite, my stomach rumbled in satisfaction and I feel conscious.

His stare didn't waver.

It felt weird to eat with someone staring at me, but few minutes later I get used to it.

I was almost done. When he starts walking.

" Come."

" But the work-"

" Come Rose"

Was all he says. Leaving no end for negotiation. And I continue to walk after him.

We get out of the building to find a chauffeur already waiting for us.

" Give me the keys"

Taking the keys, he gets in the driver seat and I tag along. A feeling of dread settled in my chest.

Where was he taking me?

It was 1 o clock at night.

What punishment.

What if he drops me on a deserted road.

Who knows he asked me to come to office on bicycle earlier.

" You embarrassed me in front of my colleagues Rose. You made my office space a place for your entertainment."

" But don't worry. After what I have planned for you."

" I will make sure you get the entire quotient of your so called entertainment."

"You will think twice before doing something like this again."

I look up at him in shock. Feeling scared of this unpredictable man.

Tugging on the car handle. I speak in a determined voice.

" Stop the car. I don't want to go anywhere with you."

" Too late princess. We are already here."

My mind goes blank as I look out to find us outside a night club. The place looked huge, nothing less than a 7 star hotel.There were girls and boys waiting outside in lines.

With loud music blasting from the inside.

" No..I am not going -"

I don't get to complete as next I know. He opens my door to grab my wrist and before I could stop him.

He was dragging me along through the waiting line of boys and girls.

People turned around to look at us but no one dares to say anything.

Instead if I was right. I saw them making way for us. The girls drooled over Victor and gave me looks of disgust.

But Victor being him. Didn't care. Not even sparing them a look.

His grip on my wrist tight. Making sure I don't get lost in the crowd.

We reach the front to find the guards there and before I could ask them for help. They instead bowed at Victor.

" Hello Sir"

They greeted him and that's when I knew no one could save me today.

I was entering the den of the very lion himself.

This club was owned by none other than him.

Victor Kingston.

And tonight I am going to be his prey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 349 44
You used to love the fairytales , but it was the cold you were afraid of. Sharp cold shivers as you uncovered the cold body of little red riding hood...
1.2M 26.9K 61
"Do you think you can get away from me, huh?" He asked striding towards her. She trembled at his intimidating voice trying to free her hand from the...
32.5K 929 10
He was like a fire that would burn anyone around him but he made sure not a flame touched her He was a devil that everyone was scared of but she was...
1.8M 57.7K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...