In the Middle of the Night (H...

By Hunters_Bitxh

~These burning flames, these crashing waves, wash over my like a hurricane, I captivate, you're hypnotized~ Y... More

- Playlist! -
1. Hug me!
2. Are You Bored Yet?
3. Hidden In the Sand
4. Cotton Candy Skies
5. Teenagers
6. Last Friday Night
7. Mad Hatter
8. We Fell in Love in October
9. High School Sweethearts
10. Fly Me to the Moon
11. Hayloft II
12. Light Switch
13. Homage
14. Despair
15. Solider, Poet, King
16. The Record Player Song
17. Pity Party
18. Sweet Hibiscus Tea
19. Not allowed
20. Pumped up Kicks
21. Backstabber
22. Sports
23. Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
24. My Ordinary Life
25. My Strange Addiction
26. Masquerade
27. Two Birds
28. Mr. Loveman
(Extra) Blow My Brains Out
(Extra 2) Training Wheels
30. Ship in a Bottle
(Extra 3) Careless Whisper

29. Butterfly's Repose

1.8K 40 122
By Hunters_Bitxh

Previously,
"Belos ripped them off." I looked away. Hunter sniffled and he started crying. "I'm sorry." He apologized. "It will be okay." I smiled. "I'll get us matching jewelry when we win. A-and on top of that, we can do that ceremony thing, Camila and Luz were talking about." Hunter smiled. "Of course. When we win." I held my hand out. "When we win." He grabbed my hand and clutched his chest. "Let's go home, Flap. Let's go home Y/n." He smiled before we walked into the portal.

-Butterfly's Repose-

TW: Skin picking and "For The Future" Spoilers ahead!

~The shadows in your head, they've got you down again, they got you feeling low~

I gasped as I tumbled out of the portal. I took deep breaths because I couldn't breathe through the portal.

"Wake up."

I heard a whisper. I looked around and only saw Hunter a good distance away from me, crossing his arms. I felt a bit worried as I continued to look around.

"Help them."

I heard again. I felt my body start to hurt... Not a lot but it was noticeable. I jumped when I saw Gus and Willow appear. "You okay?" Gus asked. "Yes. I'm fine." I fixed my posture. Amity walked out and waved to us. I noticed Hunter wasn't interacting with anyone and I walked over to him. "Hey, are you alright?" I cupped the side of his face. He flinched a bit but quickly sank into my touch. "Yeah, yeah I think I'm fine." He held my hand and I smiled. I heard Camila walk out and I noticed Luz didn't come out. "She walked in with me, I don't know if she is coming soon," Camila told her. "Yeah, we can wait for a couple of minutes," Amity suggested. I started to pick the outside of my nails and as we waited.

"Hey, don't do that." Hunter took my hand I was breaking and I looked up at him. "Don't hurt yourself any more than you already have today." He warned and he rubbed his thumb on my hand. I saw Amity going into the portal. "Hey, is everything alright?" I asked them. I was about to walk to them with Hunter but he let go of my hand. I went over to them and I saw Amity trying to grab something out of the portal. She managed to pull Luz out and she collapsed. "Luz! You were in there for so long, we- we thought you got stuck behind." Amity told her as she helped her up. "Are you hurt anywhere?" She placed her hand on Luz's cheek. "I- I'm fine." She pushed Amity's hand away.

"I saw something or someone... But it was probably just in my head. Any sign of... Him?" Luz got up. I heard Hunter scoff and I saw him a far distance from us. "Oh come on! It's not like a swarm of ghosts will inexpiably appear if you say his name... I think." He told us. I walked up to him. "Anyways if Belos was here, he's long gone now," Hunter concluded. "Well, he better stay out of our way. This mama's hungry for vengeance." Camila had a sour face. "Now that's a fight I'd watch." Gus smiled. Hunter started to walk away and I followed him close.

P/n came out and fluttered around me. "Aww, are you happy to be home?" I smiled as they landed on my shoulder. "And look at these trees! How I missed you." I hugged one. I heard Hunter groan and I looked at him. "We don't have time for trees and red grass! Belos had a headstart. So we should keep moving until we find him." He yelled. I looked back at Gus and Willow and they looked upset. "Hey, I'll talk to him," I assured them. "It's fine. He's going through a tough time right now." Willow smiled. "We will all feel better when we punch Belos right through the face. Yes, I mean through the face." She told us. Gus chuckled at her antics. "Thanks, Willow. You're always looking after us." He told her.

"Well someone has to. And it looks like my job is done." She traced a circle and plants carried her away. Without anyone to divert my attention, I noticed how my body was burning with every movement my body made. I was quickly distracted by the stars and glitter the Boiling Isles were decorated with. Camila screamed and ran in front of us.

"Kids stand back! Who knows if that monster was alive or not." She warned. "Oh, Camila, we live on the Titan, it's the glitter and sparkles that's... Wrong." I told her. It looked like a unicorn threw up everywhere. "Guys, what's on top of the skull?" Willow asked. It looked like a castle. If I stayed, would I be stuck in there? "I don't know, but maybe we can get some answers in Bonesbrough," Luz advised. We continued our walk to the town. "Hunter! Isn't this place pretty?" I smiled at him. "Yeah, sure." He kept his eyes forward. Why is he being this distant?

~~~~~

We were in front of my house and I felt my eyes tearing up. The whole place was covered with spray paint saying how bad we were. I spun my finger and all the writing disappeared. "What is this place?" Camila asked. "Welcome to..." I opened the door. "The Owl House." I smiled sadly as I looked inside. "I promise it isn't usually this empty. Just..." I snapped my fingers and made the room brighter with candles. I watched as the backup furniture I stole walked inside the house and decorate itself. "For you." I lead Camila to the couch and she chuckled. I noticed Hunter outside and I walked out. "Hey, Hunter, are you okay?" I closed the door.

"Yes, why do you keep asking that?" He sounded frustrated. "You can talk to me. That is what I am here for after all." I walked with him. "I don't have time to talk about this. We need to get to Belos." He raised his voice a bit. "Why aren't you talking to me about this? I can tell you aren't okay." I tried to keep my voice calm. "I'm fine! Leave me alone and for Titan's sake, stop following me!" He yelled at me. I stepped back a bit and I felt my eyes sting with upcoming tears. "O-oh okay..." I barely said before heading towards the house. "Wait, I'm sorry-" Was all I heard before I closed the door. "Is everything alright, Cariño?" Camila asked.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine. Hunter just needs some space." I said before going up to my room. I felt my body start to give up on me and I groaned. "What is happening?" I asked myself. I noticed a book on my bed and I picked it up to see a sun plastered onto the cover. I stuffed it into my bag. P/n went to their beds and chirped happily.

I decided to change so I didn't get my shirt damaged and as soon as I took off my shirt, purple ribbons surrounded me. I shrieked as my clothes changed into a starry and sunny mess. It was a dress to my knees and it was the same design as his but a dress form. The sleeves were long but off the shoulder. I immediately noticed I had white gloves on and white boots. I also noticed my bag was now purple with stars on it. "Oh, Y/n's near!" I heard Collector yell from outside. I felt my throat go dry.

"Oh, I guess you're right King." I heard them go away and I heard everyone yelling outside. "P/n." I ordered as they flew to my shoulder. I ran downstairs and closed the door behind me. I looked at everyone and they looked so confused.

"Collector." Was all I could get out. I took a deep breath. "I was changing into different clothes so I didn't damage my shirt but then something changed me into this." I motioned to the outfit. "I think you'll blend in," Camila told me. "Yeah, now, let's catch them," I demanded. "But how?" Camila asked. My bird turned into a staff. "Don't worry, I'm a safe flyer." Amity smiled. "Flyer?!" Camila asked. I noticed Hunter was waiting for me to go on my staff.

We landed in Bonesbrough and I noticed our favorite cafe was now covered in paint and was broken down. "What happened?" I asked myself as I put my hand on the door. I heard Camila scream and I turned around. "Oh, I mean... Hello good sir?" She bowed. Hunter continued to walk and I kept my distance away from him. I slowly started to tune everyone out as I started to notice my body got used to the pain but, it was still growing.

I went to the statue and noticed Belos was gone. "Something's coming," Hunter warned. "Witches?" Gus asked. "Demons?" Willow added. "No... Sparkles?" Hunter turned to us. "Hide!" I yelled and as soon as we found a hiding spot, the place was made into a fantasy land, like in Good Which Azura. "Dad?!" Willow shouted. "No, stay here," I ordered. They started to scream and I knew Willow wanted to run to her dad. "I'll see if I spot something." I walked into the ruckus and the owl beast busted into the wall. But it was more of a ripoff. She began chasing everyone until she cornered Willow's dad. I ran to the Owl beast and stood in front of her dad.

"Stop right there beast!" A heard a familiar voice. I froze as I watch him fly down over here. I wanted to go and hug King so badly. "Fear not citizens of Bonesborough! I'm here to stop this beast's mad rampage!" Collector declared. "I believe in you, Collector!" King gave him a thumbs up. "Thanks, Best friend!" The collector returned the gesture. "Light glyph go!" He blinded me for a few seconds and I made myself disappear. Everyone started to cheer and Terra came out of the costume.

"Oh great... I'm back to normal." She sarcastically said as she got up and fixed her back. "Who's got a pint of Apple blood? Hoot, Hoot." She rolled her eyes. The Collector groaned. "All right, time out everyone! Time out. Terra for the last time, Eda doesn't sound like that! She's got more of a- like a cool aunt vibe who pretends to be all cold-hearted but actually cares a lot." He explained.

"You're a real thorn on my side, you know that? I've had it with you and your stupid little dog!" She yelled. The Collector looked at King and then back at Terra. "Whatever. All I have to do is play Eda the Owl Lady and I wouldn't get turned into one of those things right? Well, let's just continue." She took a deep breath. "Ooo I like musicians." She mocked.

"You're not being very nice right now." The Collector had a little moon in their hand. "Wait!" Terra pleaded a little too late. The Collector put the moon on her forehead and she turned into a doll. I gasped and I guess I stopped the spell cause The Collector spotted me. "Y/n!" He hugged me tightly and I chuckled awkwardly. "Oh, hello." I barely patted his head. "I've been looking for you!" He stepped back. I saw King walk over to me and I hugged him tightly. "I missed you so much," I told him as I picked him up.

"Well, now that you're back, are you coming with us?" He asked. I felt my throat close and I backed up. "What? No, I-I can't come with you." I told him. "Why not?!" He yelled. "I-I don't want to." I held King closer. "But I want you to!" He had the same moon in his hand from earlier. "You aren't being very nice right now." He flicked the moon and I closed my eyes.

Nothing happened?

I opened my eyes and it was barely on my skin. Oh right. I am one of them. "Collector? Did you forget something?" I smiled at him and I grabbed the moon. "You can't control me." I tossed his charm to him and he caught it. He looked at me in shock. "How?" Was all he can barely let out. "You aren't supposed to do that yet." He whispered. I kept my grip on King and he was hugging me back. "Now if you excuse me. I will be leaving." I turned and then I felt King get out of my grasp. The Collector put him on the star and I could tell King was too scared to do anything. "Let's go Best Friend. Y/n's too boring." Collector got on the star and they left.

Everything turned back to its gloomy state and I fell to my knees. I couldn't breathe and my chest started to burn. "Y/n!" I heard Hunter run over to me. "It's me, Hunter." He rubbed my back. I looked at him and he was doing a breathing tactic. I followed his breathing and felt myself calm down. "Are you feeling better?" He asked. I took a deep breath and nodded. "Here, Let me help you up." He offered his hand. I took it and he helped me up. "Thank you." I smiled. "Yeah, whatever I can do to help."

Hunter went over to the group and I followed. "We should follow them! Belos is probably trying to get back to the Collector." Hunter proposed. "It looked like they were playing a game," Gus suggested. "Yeah, with some type of messed up version of my life! King must've told them about our adventures." Luz told us. "Do you think everyone who was turned into a puppet gets locked in the archives?" Gus asked. Luz climbed on top of the statue to get a better look. "If they do, then that's where we have to go," Luz told us.

"You'll never make it." A voice told us. I looked up to see Mattholomule, Skara, and Barus on a roof. "Cause you guys are losers!" Matt yelled.

~~~~~~

I stayed close to Willow as we followed them to Hexside. Hunter was behind us. "Since the Golden Gaurd- I mean Hunter told us about the Emperor's plan for the Day of Unity, Principal Bump allowed students and teachers to camp out at Hexside." Skara filled mostly Luz in since I was there they planned on hiding. "We thought we can handle whatever the Emperor threw at us. But when The draining spell hit... We realized things wouldn't be so simple. After the adults recovered," Matt got interrupted.

"That's when the Collector's spies showed up. The Grudgeby Team snuck out and tried to hold them back but..." Skara bit her lip. "It didn't work. Bump and the other adults were turned into toys and got taken away. We've been hiding here ever since. And somewhere along the way... I went from being Mattholomule to 'Man'tholomule." He stroked his beard. Camila chuckled while everyone looked at him like he had one brain cell.

"Shh!" Skara looked at the sky and she spotted one of the spies. I need to learn how to control those things... Maybe that book has my answers. We walked to the school and I noticed the writing. I snapped my fingers and all the writing disappeared. I was surprised since this only worked at home. "Oh shit! You saw that?" I asked Willow. She shook her head and I whined. They moved things that blocked the door. "We did a little redecorating these last few months so let me welcome you to..." She opened the door. "New Hexside." She smiled. "Oh... You guys... Did your best." I muttered.

We walked around and the place looked a mess. I was so tempted to clean the place up but, we have a mission. They showed us the statue of Bump. "This is the statue of principal Bump, who risked his life for ours." The three saluted to the statue and I smiled. "It's so nice to see teachers getting the respect they deserve... I think." Camila said.

I saw a bunch of students gather around and I stepped back a bit. I bumped into Hunter and I smiled. "Sorry," I told him. Instead of responding, he hugged my waist. So I guess he isn't mad at me anymore. I heard the Blight twins and I pulled away from my hug so I can see them. Emira was standing next to Edric and Amity and Edric has a full body cast on. "What happened?" I asked myself. They all hugged and I smiled.

I turned back to the group. "No offense but this seems a bit..." Willow trailed off. "Disgusting." Camila finished for her. "Yeah but, we're just following orders," Viney told us. "Here." I snapped my fingers and a blueish purple... (maybe periwinkle) color flushed the school when it disappeared, the school was clean and nicely decorated. "Thank you! It was starting to look like a trash can in here." Viney smiled at me. "Of course." I smiled back. "Following orders from who?" Luz asked her.

Suddenly the speaker boomed and I cringed. "Attention! Would Captain Tholomule escort his guests to the council chamber? And do it now!" Boscha yelled. "Captian who?" Willow questioned. "Wait! Has Tholomule been your last name this whole time?!" Gus asked. Matt just shrugged with a grin on his face.

~~~~~~

We walked to the gym and we saw Jerbo requesting a few things. "Uh so if we get a group to organize our supplies we can keep track of perishables and that way we won't have to fight for food anymore." He shared. Boscha thought about it before someone next to her had to put her two senses. "President, If I may be so bold." She got up to look at Boscha since she was short. "President?!" Luz yelled. "What the fuck?" I whispered. I looked at Hunter and his arms were crossed. He looked pissed but, that's okay.

"This would take valuable resources away from your guard, you don't want to be collected like the others, do you?" The girl asked. "You're right, Miki. Next!" She demanded. Jerbo sighed and noticed us. "Oh my gosh, it's you guys!" He shouted. "Did she take any of our ideas?" Matt asked. "No uh, sorry I have to make sure the kindergarteners are not hunting down the lockers again. It was a blood bath last time. So glad you're alive!" He left.

"Uh, Boscha we found-" Matt was interrupted by Miki clearing her throat. He groaned. "Allow me to introduce student body president Boscha. And her trusted guards, Miki and Roka." He said even though I could tell he didn't want to. "Welcome to new Hexside! Home to the future of the Isles and stuff. "What the heck is going on here?" Luz asked.

"Yeah! Hexside doesn't even have a student council! I would know! I kept trying to organize one but Bump thought I was too 'obsessed' and-" Amity was about to ramble but Willow stopped her. "Alright, girl, take a breath," Willow advised. Amity did what Willow asked and she relaxed. "I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked her. "My little sister and I were traveling for the Day of Unity but found ourselves hiding here after the... uh... incident. Boscha brought us in so we helped her establish order over Hexside." Miki explained.

"Now we are flourishing!" She tried to brag but I heard a bunch of screams behind us. "Well first of all... I'd like to introduce to you my mama, Camila!" Luz told her. "And honorary Hexoleo Hunter!" Gus added. I laughed at Hunter's flustered reaction. "Long story short, we are here to help! We're going to rescue everyone from the Archives and save the Boiling Isles!" Luz announced. The area was dead silent besides someone who awkwardly coughed.

"Not the reaction I was expecting..." Luz muttered. "As the leader, the safety of Boscha's subjects is paramount. And this is a suicide mission. After the horrors her own Grudgby team faced." Miki looked at Boscha. "Ugh quiet! I don't need to hear that again! But, Miki's right. We're staying put." Boscha crossed her arms and refused to look at us. "But-" Luz was about to defend herself. "And that's that!" The brat yelled.

We got kicked out and I huffed. "What just happened?!" Luz yelled in utter confusion. "It's been like this ever since Miki and Roka showed up! We wanna fix stuff around here but anytime we suggest something, Miki threatens to throw people into the detention pit." Matt explained. "The what?!" Camila asked.

"Maybe there's another way... I don't know how to get into the Archives but I maybe be able to get close by teleporting directly into the Titan's skull!" She shared. Everyone gasped besides me. I crossed my arms and smiled.

~~~~~~

"Okay, Coast is clear," Gus told us. Matt drew a circle and the wall split in half, revealing a door. He welcomed us in. "This is where me and Jerbo were trying to come up with plans to make Hexside more livable." Matt shared. I sat away from everyone and P/n chirped. "Yeah, I know, settle down." I asked. P/n turned into wood and I put them in my bag. I grabbed my book. I opened it up and I skipped to the 20th chapter named "The Two Halves that Always Outloves"

I thought it sounded weird but started reading it regardless...

One day, when the Collector passes our limits, our other successor, will pull them back and raise our spirits. Our Beloved is our savior from anyone who used their power for evil. She isn't weak, you can tell by the way they shriek.
The Collector can do all sorts of things but our protector beat him with ease. Be aware since they know where she's at in any place, and can do whatever he desires, but as long as Our Beloved is here...

I didn't finish reading because someone cleared their throat, pleading for my attention. I quickly closed the book and saw Willow standing over me with a smile. "I think you'd want to give Hunter this..." She showed me a photo.

3rd person:

Luz and Amity were looking though her memories while Gus and Matt were talking. Y/n was sitting in her corner with Willow and Hunter was on the other side of the room, blowing his bang out of his view. "Hunter! Come here!" Luz waved to him with a small smile. He groaned as he got up and walked to his sister. "Do you remember what I said when I found out you were dating Y/n?" She asked, sounding cheery.

"Yeah, what about it?" Hunter asked. Amity pulled out another memory and Luz took the chance to get up. "I will not hesitate to harm you in more ways than one." She pressed her pointer finger on his chest. "What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "I heard you outside the Owl House. Y/n is the best sister I can ask for, so you yelling at her, isn't going to fly with me." She told him with anger in her eyes.

Hunter's eyes widened. He knows it was wrong to say that to Y/n. He loved her and the last thing he would want to do was hurt her. He was so tired and stressed trying to find Belos that, I guess that didn't come to mind. "I-I..." He stuttered. "You what? You haven't said sorry? You haven't told her that you didn't mean what you said and that you would take it back? No, you didn't, and now she's over there, alone."

Hunter looked back and Willow wasn't there anymore, talking to Y/n. So his lover was sitting on a box, reading by herself. He remembered how he would read to her on nights he visited. "If I find out, you made her just move on acting as if nothing happened, I will make you wish, you never met me. Y/n is the best thing to happen to you so, treat her like it. Never forget that you have been blessed with the best girlfriend." She warned. Hunter backed up and nodded.

~~~~~~

Hunter was sitting back on his box and Willow pulled out a picture of a memory. "I think we found it!" Willow told them. "Woah! It's so clear!" Luz was back to her cheery self. She was telling Amity that she was also the best girlfriend. "We can use this to get to the skull!" Luz smiled. "Finally. We can get moving again." Hunter got up. His annoyed face quickly softened when he saw Y/n walk up to him. He couldn't help but smile slightly at how pretty she looked in her new starry outfit, even though it matched the Collector pretty well, Hunter thought the colors borough out her eyes. Hunter held his urge to hug her and tell her everything he wanted to say.

"I thought you would like this." Y/n gave him a photo. He grabbed it and scanned it. It was a picture of Y/n and Hunter smiling at the camera. He had his arm around Y/n and their palismen was on their shoulders. He noticed Flapjack and whatever smile he had on his face was gone as he remembered what happened to his companion. They both had the biggest smiles plastered on their faces in the picture. "We're all going to miss Flapjack... But we know he loved you the most." Gus told Hunter. "And we just want to let you know, we don't care about who were supposed to be, 'cause you're one of us now, never forget that." Willow gave him a comforting smile.

Y/n noticed how upset he looked and put her hand on his arm. "Are you okay?" She asked him. "I- I don't know..." He looked to the side to avoid looking at her. "Oh um... I'm sorry." Willow backed up. "I didn't mean to make things worse..." Vines crawled up her legs. "I'll, um... I'll be right back." Willow ran out of the room
"I guess this is my fault too," Gus admitted. "What? How?" Hunter's eyebrows creased to show confusion. "I've known you were a grimwalker since the Day of Unity. I was waiting for you to bring it up yourself." Gus showed Hunter the picture of a statue that was meant for Caleb. "But... I don't know maybe if I weren't so afraid, none of us would be hurting right now." Gus confessed.

"Gus... Don't say that." Y/n turned to face him. "No, it's okay. You stay here. I'll find Willow." Gus exited the room. Y/n sighed and looked at Hunter. She almost hesitated but she quickly followed Gus.

Y/n Pov:

"-up! Wake up!" I heard before opening my eyes. I couldn't remember what happened, but Hunter was looming over me. I got up and noticed Gus was next to me. "What happened?" I asked him. "I don't know, I just remember smelling Sleeping Nettles," Gus explained. "Yeah and I think I saw Kikimora which is definitely a bad sign. That way is all caved in so-" Hunter got cut off by Gus.

"This way. Yeah, I'm ready to kick new Hexside butt." Gus turned to leave and I looked at Hunter. "I'll catch up with you, Gus!" I told him as I walked to Hunter. He had his head buried in his knees. "Oh Flapjack, everyone's on edge and I don't know what to say. I wish you were here." He whispered loud enough that I can hear him clearly. I felt my heart sink and I watched vines wrap around his arm. I helped him up and wiped away any leaves. "Let's get moving," I advised as I walked to the only way out.

I heard Gus scream and I ran to his voice. I suddenly stopped when I saw the situation. I felt Hunter bump into me. "Oh, sorry." He walked to my side. "Oh, guys!" Willow turned to us as she pulled her arm out of the plants. Her eyes were glowing green and she was covered in vines. Gus was in the air, tangled by vines. "I had a little run-in with Boscha and got stuck down here. Gus just... Surprised me." She drew a green circle in the air. "Hey, Willow! Are you alright?" I walked cautiously to her. With each step I took, vines tried wrapping around me. "Don't worry! I've got it all under control!" She tried assuring me. "I don't think it's working!" Gus shouted as more plants wrapped around him. "I can do this." She repeated to herself. I twirled by finger and my flowery vines tied with whichever plants tried to stop me.

Until they caught up to me and they wrapped tightly on my legs. I watched as Willow tried to pull Gus out, repeating that same phrase. She tried to use her magic but, it went out of control again. I tried to pull the vines off me. She soon gave up and her vines veiled around her. "I can't do this. I can't control my own magic. I can't help my friends... Ugh, why have I been trying to be someone different? Boscha's right I'll always be half a witch Willow." Her vines completely closed her off. I finally got the vines off and I ran over to Willow. I saw a yellow light in the corner of my eyes and I saw Willow and Hunter.

"Oh, thank Titan you're okay!" I hugged Willow. "You didn't make anything worse! You didn't do anything wrong!" Hunter told her. He was standing next to me and Willow was in front of us. "Willow, you can tell us anything that's bothering you. You're like a sister to me, and I hate to see you upset. And never call yourself that. You are one of the most strongest witches I know." I held her hands in mine. "Willow!" Gus shouted. Willow looked at him. "Reliable people need someone to rely on too!" Gus got sucked into the viney abyss. "We'll be fine!" Gus added with a thumbs up.

Willow let her tears flow. "I miss my dads!" She cried. I gave her a tight hug and she quickly returned the favor as she sobbed on my shoulder.  The place started to fall apart and Hunter grabbed me. Hunter teleported to Gus and picked him up. I closed my eyes as I held Willow firmly. I felt like I was falling and I opened my eyes. We all screamed and I drew a circle. We landed on a huge flower and I let go of Willow. She fell next to me and we all laid on the flower. I realized what just happened and I sat up. "Did you just teleport?" I turned to look at Hunter. "Did I?" He rubbed his eyes. "You have magic, dude!" Gus shouted.

"... The power of true love?" He tilted his head. I felt my face burn and I smiled. "Close, the power of Flapjack!" I put my hand where his heart is and he looked at me. I noticed a purple light and Hunter teleported us away from it. Suddenly the whole place was burned and left a purple trail. I looked at who it could have been and I saw Luz sitting on the floor. "Sorry!" She chuckled. "I'm still getting a hang of this." She explained. "Luz has a staff," Gus told us. "Why does that make me nervous?" Willow added. "You finally figured out what you wanted!" I smiled widely.

"There you are! I am done playing hide and seek!" Kikimora shouted. My smile soon faded after seeing the urchin. She tried to blast something at us but Willow blocked it using magic. "Yep, that's better." She drew a circle. All the trees around Kikimora started to lean on the robot; trapping her. A vine wrapped around the abomination arm and smacked Kikimora in the face. I got P/n out and joined Willow in the sky. I drew a circle and the abomination goo from the robot started to melt. I saw Willow get in the range of the blast but, she disappeared with a blue cloud. We each took turns hitting Kikimora. I noticed Willow was about to get in the way of a blast. "Willow!" I pushed her out of the way, causing me to lose my balance.

I was about to make a flower to land on but I felt Hunter catch me and teleport to the ground. "Oh, thank you." I smiled. He put me down and I noticed Willow wasn't fighting her anymore. "I don't need this retched school to start my own empire! I'll make my own and I'll start by taking you apart. Piece by piece. Brat by brat." She told us. I watched as a Grudgeby ball hit her in the head. "Stop right there!" Matt warned. I looked up to see Hexside students... Why is Amity up there?

"Miki I can't say I'm surprised by this. As for you Roka... I know there's been nothing but chemistry between us. Be that as may..." He lifted a burning ball. "That's a robot, Matt." Boscha reminded him. He shrugged and they all started throwing the sports balls at Kikimora. Amity flew down to us. "They'll hold her back, let's get to the skull!" Amity shouted. Hunter grabbed my hand and we both followed Luz.

I noticed Luz was drawing some glyphs and I joined her. After we got the glyphs done, everyone was in the circle. I saw a purple orb chase us and Luz activated her spell. I hugged Hunter's arm as yellow engulfed our surroundings. I watched as the yellow disappeared, we were inside the skull. "We... We made it!" Gus shouted. Everyone cheered and I smiled.

"You really beamed us up, aye O'Bailey?" Camila nudged Hunter's shoulder. We all gasped. "Beam us up! Beam us up!" We chanted. "Guys..." Luz mumbled. I looked at her and her palisman was about to take its form. "What kind of mystical creature will it be? A dragon?" Camila asked. "A bird?" Hunter suggested. "A griffin?" I commented. "Oh! An otter!" Amity yelled. "A spooky bat?" Willow smiled. "A snake?" Gus questioned.

"You're close..." She told us. Her palisman flew and became a bat. It quickly changed to a scorpion, a griffin, and finally a snake. "She's a snake-shifter!" She cuddled her palisman. "Her name is String-Bean and she's perfect!" She let her palisman fly around us and P/n followed her close behind. Camila cuddled with all the palisman and I smiled. "Y/n..." I turned to see Hunter taking my hands to hold.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. You mean so much to me... I just don't want to see you get hurt again." He started to tear up. "I didn't realize that I pushed you away until I messed up." He told me. I felt tears threatening to spill as I cupped his face. "It's okay, I understand. From now on, can tell me what's bothering you? " I gave him a comforting smile. He nodded and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back tightly.

"OOooOooOoOooOo I see some love birds!" Willow cooed behind Hunter. "Oh stop it!" I smiled at her. "Yeah, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Gus spelled out. I let go of Hunter and started to run to Gus. He ran away but I quickly caught up to him. "You are such a goofball!" I hugged him as I messed up his hair. After I stopped messing with Gus I patted Willow's head. She smiled and gave me a big hug in return. I returned the big and I felt a bunch of people join us. "Oh, Titan." I chuckled. "What?! I want to hug Y/n too!" I heard Hunter. "Nope! You don't deserve to hug her!" Luz stuck out her tongue.

After they all let go Hunter hugged me. "Back off. She's my girlfriend!" He placed a kiss on my cheek and I giggled. "Well, she's my sister!" Luz put her hands on her hips. "Well... That doesn't count cause she's also thinks of other people as her siblings." Hunter told her. "Like who? King?" She asked. "Yes! And also Willow and Gus." He glared at Luz. "Guys, Guys!" I spoke up and they both looked at me. "Oh, I didn't know what else to do for you two to stop arguing." I smiled. Luz glared at Hunter again before going to Amity. "Now let's go get King back," I told Hunter.

"And beat the shit out of Belos." Hunter took my face in his hands and brought his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. When we pulled away for air I felt my face grew red. "Yeah. Let's go kick Belo's ass." I smiled again.

[Word Count: 6235]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
12.6K 461 19
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/73UnmeSszK5TZLPFArx7sF?si=0913035db1fe46ff "If I joined the Emperor's Coven, could we kiss?" Y/N doesn't consider t...
19.4K 529 15
"Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong." Its been a long time, since Luzs mother died. She sent Luz to camp, but passed away while Luz was gon...
1.1K 44 12
"You bewitch me every damn second you're with me. I try to think straight but I'm falling so badly, I'm coming apart. You wrotе me a note, cast a spe...