CELTIGAR - House of The Dragon

By LoisFt

A silver haired girl, waging war to restore her ancestral house to its former glory. Rhea Celtigar, the King'... More

Lady Rhea, of House Celtigar
Nameday Celebrations
Gardens
Sapphire
Essence of Nightshade
Nightgowns and Chandeliers
Misplaced property
Queen Alicent
Martell & Baratheon
Talk of Betrothals
Ire
First Night
Tea
Throne Room
Dinner
Duty
Strong
"The King is Dead,
long live the King"
Arrow
Healing
First Attempt
House Celtigar
One Flesh, One Heart, One Soul
Stab
Awakening
Unfit
Lucerys Velaryon
Dragonstone
Deeds, not Words
Regards
Beast within
The Tower of the Hand
The Trial of the Hand
A good King?
Boat
Marian Snow
Winterfell
War
A truce?
King's Landing
Reckless
Brother, Sister
Crown
King & Queen
A/N
Dragons in the North
The Battle for Winterfell
Justice
Rhea Celtigar & Aemond Targaryen
Epilogue : Legacy
New book

Brothel

2.6K 74 18
By LoisFt

Lady Rhea was awoken by the sound of someone knocking on her doors, the next morning. She sprung up as she realized Prince Aemond was still sleeping next to her, his whole body intertwined with hers. Another knock was heard and Rhea shook her prince awake.

"Aemond," she whispered. "Aemond, wake up!"

The man grunted and turned in the bed.

"There's someone at the door, Aemond."

"Let them in, I don't care." The prince finally answered sleepily.

"You're still in my bed, Aemond," Rhea simply stated and she had to put her hand on her mouth to stop herself from laughing as she watched her prince spring up and struggle to put his clothes on in a hurry.

"My lady, is everything alright?" a voice asked behind the doors.

Rhea rose to her feet, laughing, a tear in her eye as Aemond fumbled about the room to find a place to hide. She pointed the window which led to her balcony and the prince hurried there just as Rhea opened her door to be greeted by servants coming to bring her breakfast.

As soon as they left, Aemond returned inside and closed the window behind him.

"Did anyone see you out there?" Rhea asked, handing him a piece of fruit.

"No," the prince answered, popping the fruit in his mouth. "I should be off, go back to my own quarters."

He planted a soft kiss on his lady's forehead and smiled as he left her chambers, walked through the corridor and gained his own chambers.

Rhea was left to reminisce about the previous night, love bites left behind by the prince all over her body. She blushed as she remembered every little detail, getting dressed and going out for the day. As she headed to the King's quarters, she crossed paths with the Hand.

"My lady," he bowed his head. "The King is expecting you today."

"Lord Hand, hello," Rhea answered. "Thank you. Might we speak while I walk there?"

The man nodded.

"I remember my father had once told me you, him and the King had all grown up together."

"Yes, we were childhood friends. Then we became men and our friendships remained."

"His Grace often seek my father's advice, did he not? Almost as much as he sought yours, right?"

The Hand nodded.

"As I said, we were friends. I miss him dearly. Which is why I am so glad my grand-children and you had the opportunity to grow up together. I'm sure your father would have enjoyed watching it, too."

Rhea smiled weakly at the man. They came to a stop before the King's doors and the Hand bid her an awkward goodbye. Inside the room, the King was laying in bed again, as he did not leave it any more. Prince Aegon was sitting near his father, his oldest son sat on his lap and a nurse had baby Maelor in her arms. The three of them spoke pleasantly and carried on with their conversation as Lady Rhea strode closer to them.

"Ah, my child," the King said happily in her direction. "I had a lovely talk with the young Martell son, Tobias I believe, yesterday night. It gladdens my heart to think you will soon wed."

Rhea shot an anxious look at Aegon who turned his head to her, his smile fading.

"We don't know that yet, father. The man only asked you for her hand, Lady Rhea has not agreed to it, yet." Aegon reminded his father.

Rhea nodded thankfully in his direction and he nodded again, urging her to come next to him. He leant and whispered in her ear.

"There is still time to back out of it, my friend."

She smiled weakly at him, waving a cheerful hand at the boy sitting on his lap.

"I wish it were that simple, Aegon. Only-"

Just as she spoke, the door opened again and Aemond stepped in. Rhea's head turned to him, her cheeks blushing as Aegon's gaze shifted back and forth between them.

"Ah," he said knowingly. "I see."

Rhea gave his shoulder a light shove and he smiled at her. Aemond paced anxiously around the room.

"Lady Rhea and I were just discussing her betrothal, my son," the King stated.

Aemond looked at her sadly and walked over to her.

"I'm afraid it will not be happening, father." Aemond spoke in a low, upset voice.

Rhea frowned, looking between Aegon and the King to see if there was some information she had somehow missed.

"And why would that be? I just gave the man my blessing," the King grew agitated.

Aemond swallowed hard, fixating his eye on his lady's.

"Tobias Martell is dead, my King." He announced and the whole room fell silent, apart from a loud gasp escaping from Lady Rhea's lips. She rose to her feet and began pacing the room, tears slowly filling her eyes. Was Aemond responsible for this?

"How did he die?" Aegon questioned his brother.

"Slit throat, just outside a brothel in Silk Street." Aemond stated plainly. "My apologies for the crudeness of my words, Lady Rhea, father."

Rhea gasped again, this time clutching a column to steady herself.

"Aemond-" she began.

"Who did this?" the King asked. "Who is responsible for the murder of a Dornish prince in our capital?" His voice resonated in the room.

Aemond turned his back to his father.

"He was drunk, telling every one in the brothel he would soon marry the most beautiful woman he had ever met. His words, not mine, although I do share his opinion." Aemond started, his remark unnoticed by the King. "He had been drinking all night and finally, in the wee hours of the morning, after taking advantage of every thing the brothel had to offer, he got into a fight with some other drunkard who unfortunately happened to have a knife. And as the City Watch arrived, they saw the man slit the other's throat, blood spilling everywhere. They arrested the man and he's been sentenced to die already. Word has not yet left the capital for Dorne, I was waiting for your signal, father."

They all nodded in thought, and the King sighed.

"Very well. It is such tragic news. Do send word to his father, the poor man." The King concluded. "I am sorry, my ward. It seems you were not to wed after all."

Rhea thanked the King for his words and left his chambers, soon to be followed by Aemond. She turned to face him, her red dress flowing as she did. He looked at her with sadness in his eyes.

"Before you say anything, my lady, let me say this," the prince started. "I am sorry you had to learn it this way, I did not know you would be in there. A man soon to be wed, especially to you, should never have found himself in a brothel."

Rhea swept his words with the back of her hand.

"A woman about to wed should not bed another man, either," she answered. "Aemond, do you have something to do with this? If so-"

"No, my lady. I swear it to you on everything I hold dear."

She swallowed and pinched the base of her nose, sighing.

"I was with you all night, my love. How could I have slit the man's throat while in between your legs?" the Prince questioned, looking around as he realized he had raised his voice.

Rhea's face flashed with red and she hurried the prince away, walking with him. He was right, he could not have been at both places at the same time. Still, she had to admit it somehow seemed like too big a coincidence.

"Aemond, I want to trust you but-"

The prince clasped her hands in his and lowered his lips to hers.

"I did not kill the man. But I am grateful someone did."

She looked at him, taken aback by his words.

"Please, believe me," the prince begged.

Rhea paused to think for a moment, the prince's gaze on her. She could see from the look on his face he was telling the truth, she knew it in her heart.

"Your Grace, my Lady, Princess Rhaenyra and her family have just set foot in King's Landing," a Knight of the King's Guard announced, cutting them off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 797 16
she is the (only) trueborn daughter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and Lord Laenor Velaryon. after her younger brother, Lucerys, slices out the eye o...
6.8K 280 13
Born in the year 98 AC, Prince Aerion Targaryen stands as the legitimate offspring of Prince Daemon Targaryen and Rhea Royce. Raised in the shadow of...
168K 4.6K 20
Viserys has a vision of the Dance of the Dragons. He decides to take action before it is too late. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The r...
19.6K 611 22
Elaena Velaryon was the future heir of the Iron Throne, Rhaenyra's firstborn. Her tongue was as sharp as her sword and her will resembled that of ste...