The Broken Mate

Oleh HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 50

10.4K 386 9
Oleh HumbleSmith123

Jace's POV

I was at the door of the palace, taking a deep breath of anxiety. I was swallowing lumps in my throat and trying hard to calm myself down as my brain went wild with different thoughts about what could be the problem.

The way everyone in and outside the royal packhouse was staring at me while I was heading here was something to be worried about. The environment was so tense and odd. No giggling and cheerful discussion by the maids or guards  on duty.

"What really happened again?" I asked myself, as I kept gathering courage to enter the palace.

"It can't be that they are saying the truth. It is all a trap and if there is anyone to fall into it, that person will surely be Jace!" I slightly heard Sophia's voice. She must have screamed so hard that it enabled me to hear her voice from outside.

"What are you standing there doing, traitor?" I heard one of the guards huffing at me, and that made me look up to see their familiar faces. These men had been like buddies to me. The one that just huffed those words at me was the same one that I saved from getting beaten up by Torian years back.

"You are afraid to go in because of guilt. You know all the evil you have done to us, and we want to know why you choose to join hand with the enemies to bring down your own members!" Another guard snorted, and I could only hiss at the nonsense they were spewing.

They already have the guts to stand in front of me and say rubbish. Finally, I gathered enough courage to push the door, and the creaky noise it made caused a grunt to escape my lips, as I knew it would draw all their attention to me.

"Here comes the traitor, the man who chose money, power, and authority over the lives of his members!" Sophia spat at me, and it really struck my heart with sadness.

I looked up to everyone there and could see the Alpha and Luna with their son. All had their faces stern, with their eyes laced with hatred towards me.

"So your colleagues, the vampires, sent us a message," the Alpha yelled, and an envelope was thrown at me, which I caught in the air. Hot tears stung my eyes on hearing that he had just called the vampires my colleagues.

They had all believed that, with no single doubt, without thinking of how it sounded. I am not a new member of this pack. After being a friend to the Alpha son since childhood, they still believed strongly that I was working with the vampires to bring the pack to ruin.

With the anger burning in me, I tore off the envelope, bringing out the letter, which I unfolded to reveal every single word written in it.

I read it all the first time, yet I had to reread it because I wasn't understanding the nonsense in it. The words were clearly written and understandable, but no one should expect me to take that into my head as the actual message sent.

It can't be true?

There is no way all this I just read is not a lie.

"They are traps to get our army killed and we all know you planned it with them!" Sophia yelled in exasperation, making me cringe as I pulled my gaze to her, taking a deep breath as everything seemed to be battering my head in a harder way.

The letter had a message informing us that Lola had been brutally killed and that her body was at the boundary waiting for us to come and pick it up. I never wanted to believe the part that Lola was dead, but at the same time, the message stated clearly that her dead body was at the boundary, which means it was pure truth.

"I didn't plan anything with them, and as you said, it must be a trap to get us killed." I sighed, feeling my heart swell in some kind of agony I couldn't explain.

"Us??" They all chorused, except for Torian, who hadn't said a word since I came in here.

"Wait, did you just count yourself as one of us?" The Alpha fumed and rose to his feet in fury, glaring at me like I was an enemy.

"Don't mind that fool! I regret the day my son met him" the Luna snorted, and that made me glance at Torian, but the young man seemed to be out of this world. His eyes were distant and I could see he wasn't staring at anything in particular.

I couldn't tell what was wrong with him, although he looked normal, but I knew Torian so well. It is not normal for him to be all quiet ever since I came here

"You are leading us to that boundary to get the dead body of Lola." The Alpha chipped with an angry tone, shrugging as he sat back on his throne.

"You heard him right, so start going. We will be following from behind. If it is a trap, they get you first. If it's not a trap, then you are dead meat already, because Lola should not be dead! I need her!" Sophia suddenly snarled, her eyeballs glowing red at me all of a sudden before dying down.

Panic coursed through me as I froze, staring at those eyes with heavy breaths. My heart was hammering inside my chest as I wondered why she suddenly needed Lola so badly. As much as I can remember, she was the one who doesn't care if Lola is alive or dead and won't hesitate to kill her if given a chance.

How does she need Lola alive so much like this?

"I...don't really... understand. Do you expect Lola to be alive after getting herself into the vampire clan? Even if the vampire prince loves her dearly, he can't save her from the wrath of those bloodsucking vampires who would do anything to kill the werewolves" I tried explaining, but no, she wasn't in the mood to listen.

"I feel it. She is still alive, but after reading that letter, I doubt my instincts. Till we get there and see her dead body, I will never believe she is dead." Sophia yelled. Her voice was sharp and loud, filled with intense frustration, which left even the Alpha, Torian, and the Luna curious and confused.

"Is there something Lola has to do for you?" The Alpha spoke out, asking the question, which was clearly what others had in mind as they all nodded and chorused in support of it.

"Is there something she should do for you?" Torian repeated, and Sophia sneered at them before rolling her eyes.

"Lola can't be killed like that. Just so easily when the crime she committed requires public prosecution. Now Jace, lead the way!" She ordered me with a smack on the back of my head. It was so hard that I stumbled forward and hit my head on the door, which was closed before I could get it open.

I swallowed the pain with a groan before making my way out. I don't know what to pray for. Half of me wished it was a trap, while the other half wished it wasn't even when both led to my death.

If it turns out to be a trap, As the one in front, I will be ambushed first. If it is real that Lola is dead, then Sophia won't spare me.

My life is coming to an end just like that. In a few hours, I won't be able to see the bright sky or breathe the fresh air that rises from the earth's surface. Lastly, I will never set my eyes on Bella, mate, again.

Wow...

Sophia's POV

I was so sure it would be a trap, but at the same time, I need to clarify. I need to be sure it was all a trap and that Lola is still alive, because her death means that all I had planned all these years for will all be in vain.

We were striding through the forest on horses, and I was behind with the Alpha Luna and Torian. Jace was leading the way, followed by the warriors and hunters.

I could see how silent Torian had suddenly been, but I had no reason to ask. The magic spell must be really messing up with his brain after seeing how his friend, Jace, was treated. I don't give a damn. After all, I will still kill him in the future after rendering his father powerless.

Yes, I will skin Torian and Lola alive in front of the Alpha, just so he will feel the pain of losing someone dear to him.

"Sophia!" I heard someone call out to me, and that made me flinch, as I was really drowning in thoughts.

My face swayed to the right where the voice had come from, and I saw it was Torian who called.

"Yes? You called me." I arched my brows, but he said nothing, just staring at my face with his lips shaking.

I hissed and pulled my gaze away, facing my front, whipping my horse to gallop faster as I was already feeling angry staying beside him. It was so clear to me how much I disliked Torian just because of his father.

Gosh!

I really can't wait to get him killed.

My eyes shut for a minute while I inhaled deeply, and all of a sudden, his face came flashing through my mind. That sexy and appealing face of the vampire prince made me lose my mind.

I tried shoving it off by reminding myself that he was an enemy, but no, the image lingered. His hazel eyes that appeared too unique kept lingering in my head, but just then, I recalled that scene where he called Lola "mine" before taking her away.

Fuck!

I hissed loudly, drifting out of those thoughts as another rush of anger and shame filled me. I gritted my teeth, wondering how that handsome and dishy young man chose Lola over me.

Nonsense!

"We are close. Stay on guard and protect the royal family" I heard the warrior leader shout at everyone, and my heart began to thump faster. I didn't know what to expect and it was really disturbing.

A few minutes later, all that was heard next was the loud cry of Jace at the front.

"What is happening?" I asked curiously while speeding forward.

"It is not a trap! Lola's body is here!!" That was the next scream I heard, yet I couldn't get myself to believe till I finally got to where it lay.

Right in front of me was Lola. The same school uniform, hair, skin color, and others. Her chest was also sliced open, with her heart taken out and her face smashed beyond recognition. Jace was crying out his eyes and was hitting the dead body while screaming out her name.

Is this a dream?

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

235K 8.9K 32
My name is Mia and when I was a child my mother made a choice risking everyone's safety. The choice was a sacrifice that resulted in my mate being Lu...
361K 16.8K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...
762K 19K 26
Then it hit me. The scent of my mate. The one I'd love and spend the rest of my days with. "Mine," he growled. I was forced up against the wall as he...
Alpha's Mate Oleh Angela

Manusia Serigala

474K 13.6K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...