𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣π•₯ 𝕆𝕗 𝕋𝕙𝕖...

By PvrkAccioSan

𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 π–˜π–œπ–”π–—π–“ 𝖙𝖔 π–™π–π–Š π•±π–†π–Š π––π–šπ–Šπ–Šπ–“ π•Έπ–†π–Šπ–›π–Š, π–˜π–Žπ–˜π–™π–Šπ–— 𝖙𝖔 π–™π–π–Š π–‘π–Žπ–”π–“. 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖒�... More

πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™°πš›πš 𝚘𝚏 πš†πš˜πš›πšπšœ
πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™ΏπšŽπš›πšœπšžπšŠπšœπš’πš˜πš— 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 πš‚πš πš˜πš›πš
π™²πš›πš’πš–πšŽπšœ π™Ύπš πš†πš‘πšŠπš'𝚜 πšπš’πšπš‘πš
πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš†πš’πš•πš•πšœ 𝚘𝚏 π™»πš˜πšŸπšŽ
𝙰 π™Ώπš˜πš πšŽπš› 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 π™³πšŽπšŒπšŠπšπšŽ
π™Ίπš—πš˜πš πš— π™°πš•πš• π™°πš•πš˜πš—πš
𝚁𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 πšπš‘πšŽ π™»πš’πš—πšŽ
π™°πš›πš›πš’πšŸπšŠπš• π™ΏπšŠπš›πšŠπšπšŽ
𝙰 π™Ώπš˜πš πšŽπš›πšœ πš‚πšŠπšŒπš›πš’πšπš’πšŒπšŽ
πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš„πš—πšŽπš‘πš™πšŽπšŒπšπšŽπš π™°πš›πš›πš’πšŸπšŠπš•
πš†πš‘πš˜'𝚜 πšπš‘πšŽ π™»πš’πšŠπš› π™½πš˜πš 
π™Ώπš›πš˜πšπšŽπšŒπšπš’πš˜πš— 𝚘𝚏 πšπš‘πšŽ π™Ώπš›πš’πšπšŽ
π™΅πšŠπš–πš’πš•πš’ πšπšŽπšžπš—πš’πš˜πš—
πšƒπš‘πš’πšŽπš πš’πš— πšπš‘πšŽ π™Όπš’πšœπš
πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš†πš’πšπšŒπš‘ πš†πš‘πš˜ πš†πšŠπšœ
πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™Άπš˜πš•πšπšŽπš— π™³πšŽπšŠπšπš‘
𝙰 π™½πš’πšπš‘πš 𝚝𝚘 πšπšŽπš–πšŽπš–πš‹πšŽπš›
πš†πš‘πš˜ πšπšžπš—πšœ 𝚊 π™Ώπš›πš’πšπšŽ
Fight of Claws and Daggers
Memory From The Ashes
Bridges Must Burn
Lies born from Truths.
Blackmail it shall be
The Cost of Loyalty
To Ignite the Kingdom of Ash
Song of the Seductress
The Plantation of Bombs
Souls be Damned
Hearts Be Sold
Day for the Dead

πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš…πš˜πš  𝚘𝚏 πš†πšŠπšπšŽπš›

1.2K 31 9
By PvrkAccioSan

The warmth emanating from the solid male beside her shifted, a broad strong arm pulling her in closer. His fingers hooking onto her exposed skin, her flesh tingling under his touch.

The press of her mates lips shot fire skittering along the back of her neck, the kisses were slow and meaningful, savouring the moments they had laying in the small lodging room. Brielle cast her eyes to the bed on the other side of the room, Gavriel's scent was a faint lining in the air. Wherever her brother had gone off to last night she didn't know, but her cheeks heated at the idea he could have been able to sense what they were doing had he come close enough to the room. Hoping to catch a wink of sleep in his bed.

The kissing at the back of her neck ceased, and Fenrys gave a small tug at the jutting bone of her hip, Brielle swiveled around so she now faced him. His hair was a mess, and his eyes were still hooded from the dregs of lost sleep.

Wedging her body in closer, Brielle shook a hand free from under the covers, bringing it up to cup the exposed side of his neck, thumb rubbing circles into his jaw. The bone was taught under the brush of her finger, 

"What troubles you my love?"

Fenrys' brown pinched, the lines disappearing a second later when he spared a glance between them, "Should I fetch you a tonic?" there was a flicker of worry in his eyes, as he looked back down. Brielle didn't flinch when she felt the cool press of his palm to her lower stomach, 

"I- I know its rare and it's not that I don't want that with you but-"

Brielle inclined her head closer to smooth her lips over his, silencing his rambling. The idea of having a family with him, Carrying their kids, the idea was a warm as any fire inside her. But in a war, it was not safe for a mated female to be pregnant and involved, especially if Maeve could use her and their babe as leverage. 

His expression had softened when she pulled away, "It's okay" trying to make her words as mellow as possible Brielle reached to clasp his hand under the sheets, 

"Don't worry about a tonic, I altered that part of me years ago. I couldn't risk my missions doing permanent damage to my life, especially due to the nature of my tasks "

Brielle didn't tread too much on the idea that those changes she made might now be irreversible after so many years, instead she pulled from his arms, throwing the sheets back she rose up from off the bed, there was a breeze in the room that cause goosebumps to erupt like tiny volcanos on her skin. Up her bare legs and the exposed skin of her sides, she felt ever slowing inch of her mates eyes scanning her body.

The sun had already started to rise above Skulls Bay. The noise of people milling about in the streets below. The day waited for no man, so it had started without them.

Brielle didn't doubt the Heir of fire had already started her day, getting to work. The pair of them best be getting down there soon, otherwise they may get left behind.

Brielle welcomed the feeling of her mates gaze on her while she moved around, searching for her shirt.

"Put mine on" came the sleep heavy voice from the bed, All to slowly she swept her eyes back to the bed, were Fenrys lay, Head propped up by a hand. It only took her a couple steps to get to his side of the small bed, where his shirt had been discarded, he was staring at her with an expression she couldn't quite read, 

"That way everyone will know your mine." He was grinning, playful and wonderfully beautiful.

The notion smacked her in the chest, it felt strange to openly be able to acknowledge their bond, now that Maeve knew and had admitted to knowing, they was no longer had a need to hide their mate bond.

"Territorial fool" Brielle muttered bending down to pluck his shirt off the floor, Straightening up she began to pull the material over her head, Fenrys had waited for that precise moment,

Brielle squealed when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and yanked her back down onto the bed, barely having a second to fix his shirt which clung awkwardly around her head, obscuring her ability to see,  Brielle tried to use her arms, trapped inside the clothing, to shield her sides as Fenrys began to tickle her exposed skin.

Tears brimmed her eyes, as she laughed out, pleading with him to release her. He did not. Instead he shoved his face into the crook of her neck, when she finally got her head free, using his lips and breathe to tickle the side of her throat.

"Take it back" he spoke, while laughing, not releasing her yet.

Brielle let loose a laugh that sent his world rocking, he hadn't heard her laugh like that in years. If he could pause this moment and replay it again and again. He would. Brielle pleaded out again, a verbal struggle to formulate her words through her own laughter. 

Her mate did not yield his tickling attack, until finally she took it back, a streak of tears had rolled down her cheek bone, She was met with a strong kiss a second after. Leaning into it Brielle turned to wrap her arms around his neck, pulling herself onto him once more.

It was then that Brielle realised this was what she had been missing, all those Fae would had talked of that indescribable feeling with their mate, the little moments that meant the most. That undeniably pull and pang in her chest, that made her heart race and slow at the same time. 

She would defend this love with her life if she had too, and she had no doubt Fenrys would do the same in a heart beat, the thought should have scared her. But it didn't

~

"Imagine being attractive and happily mated" Alexi muttered nudging an elbow in Colden's side as Brielle and Fenrys approached, their hand entwined. Brielle atoning her mates much bigger pale shirt. His scent almost entirely masking her own.

"Oh shove it Alex, you are so indecisive about who you want you the gods must be struggling to find you a mate" Vera mocked, standing, tucked into Theron's side.

Brielle hadn't had a chance to properly speak to the two wandering spies, Vera and Theron. A shifter and Fae. An unlikely mated duo, seeing as they practically ripped each others throats out the first time they met. Brielle was thankful for them both over the years. They worked well together, as mates and spies.

Theron stood a whole head taller then his mate, with dark hair that framed his sharp features, with feline eyes that seemed to always over assess everything. Vera's hair cut off around her waist, just above where Theron often placed his hand. She worn the all too familiar azure blue silks, which slitted along the bottom half of the dress, exposing her family tattoo which curved around the bulk of her thigh. 

"What is wrong with me wanting both? I find males and females equally as thrilling to spend my time with" Alexi mused, folding his thin arms across his chest, 

Fenrys brushed his hand along the base of her spine, causing her to glance at him. He gestured his head towards where Rowan had gathered at the docks with Aelin and Gavriel, 

"Come over when you're ready" he leaned in to peck her lips, her spies fell deathly silent, but she couldn't brush away the tingle that burned her lips. Leaving her numb, wanting more.

She had spoken over her plans with Fenrys last night, after their activities. The memory of his strong body above hers had an ache building between her legs once more, fists bunching at her side.

Fenrys stalked across to where the trio was standing. She took a second to watch him walk away before she turned back to her spies, all four of them stood with smiles and smirks on their faces, glancing to one another.

"What?" 

"Nothing" Vera smiled, Brielle raised a brow at them, but didn't miss the look Alexi passed to her then glanced to Fenrys across the docking.

"There is no pretending that I was sent to this continent without a purpose from my queen" The words were venom on her tongue, "For now, I shall follow Aelin Galathynius, aiding her cause would be in our best interests"  

Brielle cast a look across to where Fenrys still stood, broad arms tightly folded across his chest, Gavriel by his side, though from a distance Brielle could tell her brothers focus was not on the conversation they were having with Rowan and Aelin, Instead his gaze stretched across to watch his son. The identical lock of golden hair a beacon from where he sat on the boats main decking, a dark haired women sat adoring a green dress beside him. 

The women met Brielle's gaze from afar, her emerald green eyes sharp. Lysandra. Brielle smiled recalling the name her nephew had muttered a couple times the day before, Lysandra sent her a sultry wave, a mask of amusement thrown across her face. Testing the waters then. 

Brielle could see a fellow seductress like a flame in the dark. Aedion whipped around to see what had warranted the shifters attention. His mothers eyes burned into Brielle in a stone-set scowl. Even from the distance they stood away Brielle couldn't miss the murderous look her nephew threw her way when she replicated the shifters wave, 

Brielle caught the sound of the shifters laughter on the wind as she turned back to her spies, all who had been quietly watching the interaction, they knew better then to ask, 

"I finished sending those letters out last night" Colden spoke, a hand tucked under the inside of his beige jacket, 

"Good, plans are moving along well then. Any news from Teyra or Isaiah?"

Theron pulled his arm from around Vera, crossing them over his chest, a quick shake of his head.

Either she had trained those two so well their activity was unknown of or something had happened. She had never trained them to not send word, so perhaps she need only wait.

"Right, Shall we be off then?" Vera clapped her hands together, a spark of blue lightening flickered between her palms as she rubbed them together excitedly.

Brielle looked across to the ship, and the group beginning to crowd around it, the Heir of Fire stood, watching them from beside Whitethorn, she seemed to have fazed out the conversation that the three males beside her were having. There was a lick of flame in her eyes, despite the vacant almost bored expression she wore. Brielle turned so her back was now facing the Terrasen royal. Lowering her voice. She may be allied with them, but even the Heir of Fire might slip information if the right person got their hands on her.

"Colden, I want you to go into the White Fang Mountains, Search for Kamari. If she is no where in sight go to The Silver Lake, Faye will be around there. The folder I gave you back in Rifthold. I need you to give that to them, they will know what to do with it. Theron go with him, and stay in your preferred form"

Vera's expression shifted at the command, at the prospect of being parted with her mate. Yet she uttered no opposition, trusting the words of her leader.

"Alexi, Vera I ask you two to come with me."

Alexi pulled a dagger from someplace on his leg, twirling the hilt on the pad of his middle finger he smiled, "Been following you this long, why stop now?"

Despite her previous expression Vera smiled, her hand tightly held in Theron's, "I didn't hide outside that twats office for hours" she jerked her head in the direction of the Captain, Rolfe as he sauntered past, "Listening to this Flawless Queen of Terrasen, all to not meet her properly"

Brielle looked to Colden and Theron as they moved to stand side by side, she had already stashed a hefty pouch of coin into Colden pack, they would have objected if she had given it to them directly, her heart thundered up into her throat, she couldn't help this part.

The all around sickening feeling that she might be sending her spies to their deaths, it wouldn't have been the first time. But still after decades she could never rid herself completely of the feeling, as though this may be the last time she sees them alive. 

"Once we get to Kamari and Faye, we'll be fine" Theron muttered, narrowing eyes watching around the bay, scanning for any prying eyes or ears. 

"Fear not, those two Females make do in those mountains, I have a suspicion they will know we're coming in from miles off"

Vera laughed, watching her mates attempt at humour, to lighten the situation a little. Brielle felt a tug at the side of her mouth, 

"Well, be safe and stay quiet, I don't want any word coming back to me while you wear those cloaks." As if the Azure fabric had a mind of its own, it flapped at the back of the males legs, Brielle's own cloak was heavy and compacted her body neatly, like a warm hug. She was grateful for it when a frigid breeze snapped through the bay of the island. A cue.

Brielle looked back, over her shoulder now, Fenrys was watching as Aelin and Rowan moved,

"Okay time to go, take a minute" a pointed look to Vera, a message to be quick, 

Alexi was quick to conceal the dagger he had been playing with, "Yeah I don't do this wishy-washy emotional shit" He straightened up to face Colden, giving the taller demi-Fae a quick two finger salute Alexi muttered, "Bye friend. Don't die" then he turned and stalked off in the direction of the boat.

With one final look Brielle brushed a quick hand to Vera's shoulder, a nod to each male, Then she too was walking away, unknowing whether she might ever see those two exceptionally amazing males and spies every again. Shoving the rising feelings back down, and raising her chin Brielle stalked up onto the boat.

Alexi had been waiting at the top of the walk way for her, Brielle didn't have a chance to register where all the bodies were before Alexi linked an arm with hers, no sight of Fenrys, as though he knew to give her space, she could feel the air of his presence lingering and that was good enough for now.

"So tell me, this Queen, is she blood oath worthy?" he wiggled his eyebrows, Brielle gave Alexi a hard shove, he stumbled sideway, arm flaring out to dramatically catch himself, 

"I just want to know, before I waltz you over to introduce me" 

"I will do no such thing, you can meet her when the need arises" Brielle looked over to where she could see Aelin, stood with Rowan and Lysandra. Her nephew disappeared from beside the shifter,

"But my  nosy needs are arising, and Vera's met her in a way of sorts already" Alexi's voice rung out from beside her once more, Aelin had folded her arms over her chest while she watched Lysandra jump off the side of the ship, a flash of light glowing before the splash of water.

"Spying doesn't count" Brielle cut back in, turning to Alexi and pulling her arm from his, his expression was playful, 

"Does too. Or does your and Vale's first meeting mean nothing to you?"

Brielle hadn't heard the Witches name in half a decade, despite Vale now being a primal one of her spies,

"That was decades ago and I actually went up to her because someone tired to rip her throat out, and she was bleeding out. So I was not spying." 

If she blinked hard enough Brielle could still see Vale's ethereal features and dark hair, her beauty not dampened by the three identical parallel scars running vertically up her throat. Courtesy of the Blue Blood Matriarch that left it there. 

"So you weren't spying on that group of Iron Teeth witches when that happened?"

While this was true, Brielle looked away, could already sense the grin widening on Alexi's face.

"We're not talking about this anymore"

Her spy squeaked a laugh, a chill blew over the boat

"Good, cause I'm ready to meet our new Blood sworn queen" Brielle whipped to look at him as he took off in the direction of where Aelin still stood with Rowan at her side.

"She isn't-" Brielle jogged a step to catch up with the quickened pace Alexi strutted with

"Shhh"
Brielle could see the wild amusement on his face when he turned his head to ssh her.

Rowan's head tilted back slightly, looking over Aelin's shoulder, tracking their approach, Brielle eased into pace beside Alexi, who shot her a triumphant wink. 

The Heir of Mala fire-bringer turned— Gavriel had informed her of that piece of knowledge in passing this morning— Aelin seemed to take them both in, assessing everything to the way they walked, no doubt trying to figure out where on their bodies they had stashed their weapons.

"Your Majesty" Alexi bowed. A dramatic gesture which he made more pronounce by bending one knee and stretching out his arms on either side of him, the tendrils on his cloak brushing the deck.

Aelin's brow shot upwards, gaze flicking to Rowan then Brielle, Rowan was laughing as Alexi rose once more, 

"Real subtle, Kid" Rowan mused,

Sometimes the young spy had the flare for dramatics, Yvonne, the sixteen year old spy in the South had a similar approach to life. It was a surprise the two had never met.

"The names Alexi Spektor, The Phantom" 

Aelin's body held such a stillness Brielle was shocked to recall that she hadn't yet Settled into her Fae Immortality. 

"Of course you already know Brielle" Rowan's tattooed hand gestured up to her, Aelin shifted slightly, turning to face the other female.

"Oh yes,"

The ships jerked beneath their feet, Brielle glanced away to check Vera had made it aboard, She stood leaned against a railing, watching the land as they begun to sail away, no doubt watching the retreating forms of Theron and Colden. 

"So the stories are true?"

Brielle turned back to meet Aelin's question, the golden haired female jerked her head towards them, eyes tracking the flowing movement of the Azure cloaks, the golden Lion's paw print, standing out like a star in the Northern night Sky

"Which ones?"

"The Pride, the salt mines, all of them?"

Fascination peaked inside her, Some knowing was flicker in the princesses eyes, an yearning. Brielle nodded, "Most are, you wish to know if he is still alive?"

Brielle didn't break eye contact with Aelin, but she could still feel the confusion on both Alexi and Rowan, who stood beside them.

"Yes" Aelin's voice was low, perhaps she didn't want to know, the fear of the unknown weighing her decisions, but curiosity overpowering.

"Ilan is fine and well, last I heard he had himself a little boy with his wife."

The bustling of people around them shifted the air, and pleasant disbelief shone through Aelin's expression even if she tried to hide it, 

Brielle felt the moment that Alexi wandered off, she watched him, his lanky figure moving over to where Vera still stood, he bumped into her side, despite Vera's tensioning shoulders, she was smiling by the time Brielle looked away.

The couple in front of her were both watching when she turned back around, gone was Aelin's expression and Rowan's jaw was so tense it was a surprise he hadn't shattered each of his teeth yet.

"Why are you here Brielle?" 

Taking a second to ponder Aelin's question, Brielle looked around quickly, Fenrys was across the other side of the ship, 

"Can't a girl just go on a little vacation?"

"Not when that girl is you" there was a tint of sadness to Rowan's words that Brielle couldn't quite place,  "Why did Maeve send you here?"

Brielle looked to Fenrys again, he was still chatting with Gavriel, 

"Where is Lorcan?" she asks, voice lowering, The second the words left her lips, she could sense the shift in Rowan, the general in him calculating his old queens moves, the puzzle pieces she was now moving into place, 

"Are you looking for him for the same reason as your brother and your mate?" when Aelin spoke that name for Fenrys, something fluttered in her chest, usually panic would have flared to life but this new sensation was pleasing and warm.

Gavriel and Fenrys were searching for Lorcan to kill him. However I...

"No Aelin of the Wild fire, I'm not"

That was the last Brielle could take, as the panic began to claw its way up her throat, swelling in her neck. 

There was a call from Rowan as Brielle continued following her feet, but she couldn't find the will to listen, not when her head was being overflowed with water and she started to drown, 

With no way of finding her way to the surface.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 2K 53
[Completed] Four years after KoA, the entire world is at peace yet the scars from Maeve ran deep. Kidnapped one morning, Fenrys finds him self on a n...
148K 4K 59
Celaena Sardothein has changed her identity and stepped into a new school to escape her past. Will she be successful in keeping it a secret and yet u...
2.4K 62 12
(This story is not finished and wont be getting updates) "No matter what you come first. I will not let you get hurt, whether it be emotional or phys...
68K 2.1K 51
For decades, Aelin Ashryver Galathynius and Rowan Whitethorn have ruled the Kingdom of Doranelle, passing the governance of Terrasen to her cousin, A...