A Tale of Two Sisters || Tang...

By Disneyfan_1235

Rapunzel has dreamed of seeing the floating lights, for years - Y/n has dreamed of one day finding her long-l... More

☀️ Origins and Obligations ☀️
☀️ Mother Knows Best ☀️
☀️ A Thief and Some Thugs ☀️
☀️ Happily Ever After ☀️
💖 Kingdom Of Corona 💖
🍬 Meeting Vanellope 🍬
👑 A Tangled Wedding 👑
👑 A Golden Coronation 👑
🌻 First Season Introduction 🌻
🌻 Meeting the Alchemist 🌻
🌻 Rapunzel's Enemy 🌻
🌻 Fitzherbert P.I. 🌻
🌻 Best Birthday Ever 🌻
🌻 Challenge of the Brave 🌻
🌻 Cassandra v. Eugene 🌻
🌻 The Return of Strongbow 🌻
🌻 In Like Flynn 🌻
🌻 Great Expotations 🌻
🌻 Under Raps 🌻
🌻 Attila The Bun 🌻
🌻 Pascal's Story 🌻
🌻 Angry and Red 🌻
🌻 The Wrath of Ruthless Ruth 🌻
🌻 Max's Enemy 🌻
🌻 The Way of the Willow 🌻
🌻 Queen for a Day 🌻
🌻 Painter's Block 🌻
🌻 Not in the Mood 🌻
🌻 Quest for Varian 🌻
🌻 The Alchemist Returns 🌻
🌻 Secret of the Sundrop 🌻
🌕 Season 2 - Intro 🌕
🌕 Trust in the Alchemist 🌕
🌕 Beyond the Corona Walls 🌕
🌕 Crashing a Wedding 🌕
🌕 The Return of Quaid 🌕
🌕 Goodbye and Goodwill 🌕
🌕 The Forest of No Return 🌕
🌕 Freebird 🌕
🌕 Vigor the Visionary 🌕
🌕 Keeper of the Spire 🌕
🌕 King Pascal 🌕
Important Story Update

☀️ Dances and Lanterns, At Last ☀️

1.9K 52 18
By Disneyfan_1235

[Somewhere, In The Forest]
Mother Gothel waits by the other side of the secret passageway of the Snuggly Duckling with her knife, ready to attack. The door swings open, but it's just the Stabbington brothers so Mother Gothel hides behind a boulder. "I'll kill him. I'll kill that Rider. We'll cut him off at the kingdom. Get back the crowns, come on." Sideburns states, as they leave.

"Or.." Mother Gothel says, loudly. The Stabbington brothers turn around. "..perhaps you want to stop acting like wild dogs chasing their tails, and think for a moment." Mother Gothel tells them, holding Eugene's satchel. The thieves immediately get their swords out, prepared to fight for the satchel. "Oh, please there's no need for that." Mother Gothel chuckles, then tosses the satchel to them.

The Stabbington brothers fight over the satchel but stop when they each pull out a tiara of the lost princesses. They then smirk, proudly.

"Well if that's all you desire, then be on your way! I was going to offer you something worth one thousand crowns, would have made you rich beyond belief. And that wasn't even the best part. Oh well, c'est la vie. Enjoy your crowns!" Mother Gothel tells the thieves, then turns to leave.

"What's the best part?" Sideburns asks. "It comes with revenge on ♪ Flynn Rider ♪" Mother Gothel answers, holding Eugene's wanted poster. The Stabbington brothers turn to each other with a wicked smirk, at the thought of revenge.

[In Another Part Of The Forest]
Y/n tends to the fire, while Rapunzel tends to Eugene's cut palm. "So you're being strangely cryptic, as you wrap your magic hair around my injured hand." He realises, then groans in pain.

"Sorry. Just don't.. don't freak out." Rapunzel tells him. Y/n sits on a log seat beside them, watching in curiosity and fascination as Rapunzel begins to sing. Bucky, her squirrel friend, rests on her knees.

"♪ Flower, gleam and glow,
Let your power shine,
Make the clock reverse,
Bring back what once was mine.
Heal what has been hurt,
Change the fate's design,
Save what has been lost,
Bring back what once was mine,
What once was mine ♪"

As Rapunzel begins singing, her hair instantly glows. In the hood of Y/n's blue cloak, Eugene notices that not only is Rapunzel's hair glowing, but so is the large streak of gold hair on the side of Y/n's head. She doesn't notice it, since it's tucked away in her hood, but the glow can still be seen faintly.

Noticing Eugene's suprise, Y/n lowers her cloak hood and looks at her golden streak of hair. It's glowing again, like in the cave. She finds it peculiar how Rapunzel's singing makes both their hair glow.

Pascal, still smiling, points to his little hand. He then looks at the hair wrapped around Eugene's hand. Eugene removes the hair, once Rapunzel has finished singing, and he gasps - the cut on his hand is gone, even the crease marks aren't there!

Y/n's eyes widen, as Eugene opens his mouth to scream or yell. "Please don't freak out." Rapunzel pleads. Eugene pauses, not being able to find the right words to say, until he manages to. "I'm not freaking out, are you freaking out? How about you, Y/n? I'm just very interested in your hair and the magical qualities that it possesses." He replies.

"How long has it been doing that for?" Y/n asks curiously. "Uhh, forever, I guess.." Rapunzel answers, with an awkward chuckle, then her expression turns serious. "Mother said when I was a baby people tried to cut it. They wanted to take it for themselves. But once it's cut, it turns brown and loses its power." Rapunzel explains, then shows them a small strand of brown hair she has.

Y/n's eyes suddenly widen - Rapunzel's hair can't be cut, either. "A gift like that, it has to be protected. That's why Mother never let me.. that's why I never left, and-" Rapunzel points out, unintentionally bringing Y/n out of her thoughts.

"..you never left that tower. And you're still gonna go back?" Eugene asks Rapunzel. "No! Yes..? Ugh.. it's complicated." She sighs, with her face in her hands. Pascal cuddles against her ankle.

Rapunzel sighs again, before she turns to Eugene and Y/n with a smile. "So, Eugene Fitzherbert and the second lost princess, huh?" She questions.

"Ah, yeah.. well.. I'll spare you the sob story of poor, orphan Eugene Fitzherbert, it's a little bit ah.. It's a little bit of a downer." Eugene states. Rapunzel and Y/n look at each other, with smug smiles, then scoot closer on the log seat, fascinated to listen.

Eugene chuckles. "There was this book. A book I used to read every night to all the younger kids. The tales of Flynnigan Rider. Swashbuckling rogue, richest man alive. Not bad with the ladies, either. Not that he'd ever brag about it, of course."

"Heh.. I just to read those books all the time." Y/n recalls, smiling at the memories. It never crossed her mind that the names are similar, even when she first met him. Eugene glances down at the thirteen year old princess, with a smile.

"Was he a thief too?" Rapunzel asks. "Ah, well, no. Actually, he had enough money to do anything that he wanted to do. He could go anywhere that he wanted to go. And.. and, for a kid, with nothing. I don't know, I.. it just seemed like a better option. Neither of you can tell anyone about this, okay? It could ruin my whole reputation." Eugene surmises.

"Ahh, we wouldn't want that." Rapunzel points out. "Well, a fake reputation is all a man has." Eugene jokes, causing Rapunzel and Y/n to giggle.

"What about you, Y/n? The youngest lost princess, huh?" Rapunzel asks, curiously. "Well, I'm the second and youngest princess. I do love my family and the people, but I'd also love the older sister I never met. Since she disappeared.. my daddy almost never let me have any freedom. I guess he thought I was going to disappear too. But I felt so.. trapped at home, so I.. ran away to try and find my sister and try and bring her home." Y/n explains, fiddling with a strand of her hair as she speaks.

"Well, I can see how a missing older daughter can make your old man so protective." Eugene points out. Y/n nods, whilst anxiety replaces her optimism. "An-And.. now he'll be at home with my mommy, realising how right he was. To him, I disappeared.. ju-just like my sister.. did." She realises, shakily.

Eugene and Rapunzel look at the thirteen year old girl sympathetically, and Rapunzel holds her hand comfortingly. "Nothing is going to happen to you, Y/n. You'll find her then return home safely, where your parents will be proud of you. I know it." She assures her. Y/n looks at Rapunzel's warm reassuring smile, then nods with a small smile.

"Uhm, well I should uh.. I-I should get some more firewood." Eugene realises, standing up. "Uh-huh. Me, too." Y/n says, then gets up and stifles a yawn. "Sure thing, Little Princess." Eugene jokes, nudging her with his elbow playfully. Y/n giggles a little.

"Hey. For the record, I like Eugene Fitzherbert much better than Flynn Rider." Rapunzel tells Eugene. "So do I." Y/n agrees, with a smile. "Well, then you'd both be the first. But, thank you." Eugene tells them, before he and Y/n leave to collect firewood. Rapunzel chuckles, glad to have met them both.

"Well! I thought they'd never leave."

Surprised by the familiar voice, Rapunzel turns around and her smile fades when she sees Mother Gothel standing behind her. "Mother?" Rapunzel asks, surprised. "Hello, dear." Mother Gothel greets.

"How did you find me?" Rapunzel asks, hugging Mother Gothel. "Oh.. it was easy, really. I just listened to the sound of complete and utter betrayal, and followed that." She remarks, brushing Rapunzel's hair with her fingers.

"Mother-" Rapunzel sighs, reluctantly. "We're going home, Rapunzel. Now." Mother Gothel states, firmly. Then, she pulls Rapunzel away by her arm. "You.. you don't understand. I've been on the most incredible journey and I've seen and learned so much. I even met some people." She explains.

"Yes, the wanted thief and the runaway princess. I'm so proud(!)" Mother Gothel praises, before her smile disappears. "Come on, Rapunzel." She instructs, bluntly. "Mother, wait. I think.. I think they like me." Rapunzel tells her, with a smile.

"Like you?" Mother Gothel questions, visibly amused. "Please, Rapunzel, that's demented."

"But Mother, I.." Rapunzel says. "This is why you never should have left." Mother Gothel interrupts, causing Rapunzel to sigh. "Dear, this whole friendship and romance that you've invented just proves you're too naïve to be here. Why would they like you? Come on now, really! Look at you, you think that they're impressed?" Mother Gothel retorts, holding the ends of Rapunzel's hair. The long-haired blonde looks rightfully offended.

"♪ Don't be a dummy, come with Mummy,
Mother- ♪" Mother Gothel sings, opening her arms. "NO!" Rapunzel yells, firmly standing her ground. "No? Oh, I see how it is." Mother Gothel says.

"♪ Rapunzel knows best
Rapunzel's so mature now
Such a clever grown-up miss
Rapunzel knows best
Fine, if you're so sure now
Go ahead, then give him this! ♪" Mother Gothel sings, revealing the satchel, to the surprise of Rapunzel. "How did you..?" She questions.

"♪ These are why he's here!
Don't let him deceive you girls!
Give them to him, watch, you'll see! ♪" Mother Gothel sings, before revealing both of the princess tiaras. "I will!" Rapunzel states, confidently.

"♪ Trust me, my dear *Finger Snap*
That's how fast he'll leave you both
I won't say I told you so
No, Rapunzel knows best!
So if he's such a dreamboat
Go and put him to the test! ♪" Mother Gothel snaps. "Mother, wait!" Rapunzel says.

"♪ If he's lying, don't come crying
Mother knows best! ♪" Mother Gothel sings.
Then, with one swoosh of her cloak, she leaves.

Millions of thoughts cloud Rapunzel's mind: Why Mother Gothel was more concerned about Eugene, for example. Maybe because he was a thief? Or.. because he's a guy? Also, what would happen if she does give Eugene his satchel back? He wouldn't just leave.. right? Rapunzel isn't so sure, anymore..

"So, hey uh, can I ask you something? Is there any chance that I'm going to get super strength in my hand? Because Y/n says I'm not, but I'm not going to lie - that would be stupendous." Eugene points out, before seeing Rapunzel with her back turned. "Hey, you all right?" He asks. "Oh, sorry, yes. Just um, lost in thought, I guess." Rapunzel lies.

Eugene shrugs. "I mean because here's the thing. Superhuman good looks, I've always had 'em. Born with it, but superhuman strength? Can you imagine the possibilities?" He questions, sitting down.

Just a little far away from the three, Mother Gothel observes them with the Stabbington brothers. "Patience, boys. All good things to those who wait." Mother Gothel tells them, when they stand up.

[The Next Morning]
Bucky, Eugene, Pascal Rapunzel and Y/n sleep peacefully. Eugene, however, is woken as he feels raindrops on his cheek - it's Maximus, with flood water dripping off of him, as he glares at Eugene.

"Well, I hope you're here to apologise." Eugene remarks, closing his eyes once again. But Rapunzel, Y/n and their animal friends are suddenly woken up by Eugene yelling. Maximus drags him away by his foot, so Rapunzel and Y/n rush to help him.

"Maximus, you let him go!" Y/n commands, as Rapunzel pulls Eugene's arms. Maximus is startled by the familiar voice, and Eugene manages to escape.. but the horse still has Eugene's boot.

Maximus races after Eugene, but Rapunzel steps in between them. "Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy boy, easy, calm down. Easy boy. Easy. That's it." Rapunzel says, and Maximus eventually calms down, with Pascal also copying with hand gestures.

"Now, sit." Rapunzel tells him. Maximus is hesitant. "Sit.." Rapunzel repeats, then the horse does so. "What?" Eugene asks. "Now, drop the boot. Drop it." Rapunzel says, and Maximus obliges.

"Oh, you are such a good boy. Yes you are. You all tired, chasing the bad man all over the place?" Rapunzel asks, in a baby talk voice. Maximus nods. "Excuse me?" Eugene says, as Y/n helps him up.

"Nobody appreciates you, do they? Do they?" Rapunzel asks. Maximus shakes his head sadly.

"Oh, come on. He's a bad horse." Eugene says. "He is not. He is the best horse." Y/n tells him, insistently. Rapunzel nods. "Aw, he's nothing but a big sweetheart." She agrees, and Maximus neighs happily. "Isn't that right..?" Rapunzel says, then checks for his name. "Maximus. That's his name, he's the royal guard captain's horse." Y/n clarifies.

Maximus, now recognising Y/n by her face, immediately comes to the youngest princess and checks if she's all right. "Max, I'm fine." She assures him, and he tugs her by the sleeve of her cloak. "Hey, where are you-" Y/n asks, before realisation hits her - he wants to return her to the castle.

"No, I'm not going home yet." Y/n says. Maximus tilts his head in the direction of the castle. "I can't, not until I have found my sister." Y/n points out, but Maximus attempts to take her back to the castle anyway. "I can't go back, yet! It feels like everyone else has given up looking for her, so I'm not going to. You know that." Y/n replies. Maximus huffs in defeat, then nuzzles against her comfortingly.

"Thank you, Maximus.. I knew you would understand." Y/n says, resting her head against her favourite white horse. "And I appreciate you, by the way. Who always brought you and the other horses apples every morning?" She points out. Maximus neighs happily, as Rapunzel and Y/n stroke him. "You've got to be kidding me." Eugene remarks. Maximus shoots him a glare, in response.

"Look, today is kinda the biggest day of my life. And the thing is, I need you not to get him arrested." Rapunzel tells Maximus, who huffs in disbelief. "Just for twenty four hours and then, you can chase each other to your hearts content. Okay?"

Eugene sighs, putting his hand out. Maximus turns his head in rejection. "Come on, Max. For Rapunzel and for me?" Y/n pleads. Maximus eventually gives in and he puts his hoof out and they shake on a truce, still glaring at each other. Sensing the awkwardness, Y/n separates them. She and Rapunzel then hear the town bells and head there, but not before Maximus gives Eugene a stomach punch with his hoof. He then grins, satisfied.

Rapunzel squeals joyfully at the sight of the large village and the castle. Bucky reminds Y/n about remaining disguised as he pulls her hood up. "Thanks, Bucky." She whispers. The small, grey squirrel gives a thumbs up and a smile.

Y/n leads Rapunzel across the bridge, hand in hand, and Eugene can't help but smirk at how much the girls are enjoying themselves. He then notices a wanted poster, and wads it up into a paper ball.

Maximus responds by glaring at Eugene, who promptly stuffs the paper ball in his mouth. The white horse then spits the paper ball out, and the face on the wanted poster covers Eugene's face.

After Eugene hears Maximus snicker, they both almost start fighting. Bucky and Pascal glare and point at them to knock it off, and the two of them unwillingly oblige - after they nudge each other.

Rapunzel and Y/n walk into the village square and it's an amazing sight to see. True, Y/n has visited the town square numerous times but never on the day of the lanterns being released. So, all of the decorations in town are still new to her.

As Rapunzel attempts to explore the village, she bumps into several people and some geese, all because of her long hair. Rapunzel, Eugene and Y/n quickly grab as much of her hair as possible.

Seeing how this is going to be a big problem, especially when exploring through such a busy town, Eugene searches the area for a solution. He notices a group of four, small red-haired girls braiding each other's hair. Eugene whistles for their attention, and they all gasp in awe at Rapunzel's hair, before they begin to braid it into a long braid.

Rapunzel encourages Y/n to let the little girls style her hair, too. Eugene ducks down behind a wall, to hide from some guards, yet he can't help but stare at the girls and their beautiful new hairstyles.

"Oh, thank you!" Rapunzel tells the little girls, with a gasp, as she twirls the skirt of her dress in delight.

"I love it! Thank you!" Y/n giggles, with a smile.

While Eugene smiles fondly at the girls, Maximus smirks at him, silently referring to Rapunzel. In response, Eugene pushes the smug white horse away, who snickers alongside Bucky and Pascal.

As Rapunzel and Eugene wait in line to buy food, Rapunzel notices two large murals on the wall just ahead. Both are of the king and queen, but one has a picture of them with a small, golden-haired baby girl with bright, green eyes. The other mural features the king, the queen and a ten year old Y/n.

"It's for the lost princesses.." A little girl says, placing two flowers by each mural. Rapunzel smiles at the little girl's kindness, but focuses on the painting of the firstborn baby. Then, she notices Y/n frowning sadly at the two murals. She pulls her cloak hood back up to hide her facial expression, but Rapunzel doesn't miss the single, heartbroken teardrop that slowly rolls down Y/n's cheek.

Rapunzel then hears music playing, and this gives her an idea to cheer Y/n up. When Eugene pays for the food, he notices Rapunzel and Y/n dancing together and getting other villagers to join in.

Soon, many villagers are all dancing together. Rapunzel tries to encourage Eugene to join in but when he politely refuses, Maximus pushes him to do so. Literally. He, Bucky and Pascal then snicker.

Eugene then buys Y/n and Rapunzel each a small, purple cloth with the kingdom crest on it. They then head back to dancing with the other villagers.

While Eugene and Rapunzel are unintentionally pulled away by different partners, Y/n dances on her own, letting her blue dress twirl gracefully as her saddened expression is replaced with a delighted smile, but is almost knocked over.

"Oh! Sorry! I'm so sorry, I-I wasn't looking where I was going, I swear!" The person swiftly replies, grabbing Y/n's hand to stop her from collapsing onto the tiled ground. The youngest princess finds herself giggling, since Rapunzel's wonderfully contagious dancing definitely did cheer her up.

"It's all right, I'm-" Y/n assures him, through a giggle, but both of them can't help, but stare at each other, wide eyed. This anonymous boy turns out to be the same black-haired, blue-streaked boy of Y/n's age, who she met when she first explored the kingdom. And he clearly recognises her, too.

"Hi.." Y/n greets, breaking the awkward silence. Awkwardly rubbing his neck with his gloved hand, the boy clears his throat and waves. "Hey. Uh, I-I like your hair." He tells Y/n, since her cloak's hood is down. "Thanks." She replies, with a little smile.

After glancing over at everybody dancing together, Y/n turns to the goggle-wearing boy in front of her. "Er, do you want to join in?" She asks. The boy chuckles. "Aren't I supposed to ask you?" He asks, jokingly. Y/n smiles. "Go ahead." She offers.

"Uhm, s-sure!" The boy agrees, clearing his throat again and extending his hand out to Y/n. "Would you like to dance, m'lady?" He asks, with a smirk.

Y/n can't help, but giggle in amusement. "I would be honoured, kind sir." She answers, with a smile.

The boy chuckles, as Y/n holds his gloved hand. He almost stumbles, however, when Y/n pulls him along by his hand to join in with everybody. Rapunzel, watching the moment from afar, smiles at the sight of Y/n dancing with a boy her age.

[Later]
Rapunzel and Y/n paint the kingdom crest on the floor, with the village children all joining in.

Music continues to flourish, as everybody dances beautifully. A few minutes later though, when buying cupcakes, they have to hide from the royal guards. After that, they head to the village bookshop and look at maps of the world.

At last, Rapunzel, Eugene and Y/n dance one last time. Eugene smiles at the girls, who dance their hearts out. When the music finally concludes, Eugene and Rapunzel find themselves in each other's arms, just a couple of inches apart.

"To the boats!" A villager announces, causing Eugene and Rapunzel to awkwardly separate.

"Y/n, come on!" Rapunzel encourages, from afar. "Coming!" Y/n replies, before turning to her black-haired and blue-streaked dance partner. "I, uh.. have to go now. But it was nice seeing you.. again." She beams, shyly adjusting her cloak hood.

"You still can't tell me who you are?" The boy asks, curiously. But not in a rude way. "Maybe someday. Every meeting we've ever had seems to be in town, so I know we'll see each other again." Y/n points out. The boy chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck with his black gloved hand. "Yeah, I-" He replies.

"Son!" A voice calls out, making the boy groan a little. "I have to go, too. Uh, I had a great time. Bye!" He tells Y/n, with a wave. His father grabs his hand and the two leave the village. Y/n closes her hand, the one that the boy held within his own, and sighs, with a smile. "Me, too." She replies, unheard.

[At The Docks, In The Evening]
"You're not coming with us, Y/n?" Rapunzel asks. Y/n shakes her head. "It's fine. You two go on." She insists. "Are you sure?" Eugene asks. Y/n nods. "It's all right. I'll still get a great view from the docks, plus I've seen them lots of times." She points out.

Eugene and Rapunzel are by a wooden boat, ready to board it, to complete Rapunzel's dream of seeing the lanterns, in person, for the first time.

Rapunzel gives Y/n a hug. "Thank you, Y/n, for helping me this far." She responds. "You're welcome, Rapunzel. Enjoy the lanterns." Y/n says, smiling. Rapunzel nods, getting onto the boat.

Eugene turns to Maximus. "Hey, Max." He says, tossing him a bag of red apples. The white horse sends Eugene a glare of skepticism, unsure how he got them. "What? I bought them." He tells Maximus, whilst he and Rapunzel continue to row away. Satisfied, Maximus grins and eats an apple.

"Most of them." Eugene smugly teases, causing Maximus to stare at the apples questionably. This also causes Y/n to giggle. "Don't worry, Max. He bought them all. I saw. Eat up." She assures the horse, while Bucky nods. Relieved, Maximus grins once again. Then, he eats some more apples.

"Where are we going?" Rapunzel asks, as the boat drifts off. "Well, best day of your life. I figured you should have a decent seat." Eugene points out.

[A Few Minutes Later]
Eugene quietly escorts himself and Rapunzel in the rowboat, and the sky is soon bathed in darkness. As they stare up into the night sky, waiting with anticipation for the lanterns, Rapunzel sighs. "You okay?" Eugene asks. "I'm terrified." She admits.

"Why?" Eugene asks. "I've been looking out the window for eighteen years, dreaming about what it would feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything that I dreamed it would be?" Rapunzel asks. "It will be." Eugene confirms.

"And what if it is? What do I do, then?" Rapunzel asks. "Well that's the good part, I guess. You get to go find a new dream." Eugene points out.

[Meanwhile, In The Castle]
Queen Arianna helps King Frederic get ready for the lantern ceremony. She straightens his golden necklace with the royal crest on it, as a tear slowly rolls down his cheek, silently praying for their daughters to return home to them.

First, their firstborn daughter went missing and now Y/n has run away. The queen rests her hand on her husband's cheek, lovingly. Then she wipes his tear away, with her other hand and a small smile. The king holds his wife's hand, with a little smile, and they head to the balcony to release a lantern.

The king and queen pause and look to their left, sadly. On this evening, every year, Y/n is the one who lifts the lantern into the sky but she isn't here. A tear escapes the queen's eye this time, as they both lift the lantern into the sky. One by one, millions of lanterns light up and rise up to the sky.

[Outside, On The Boat]
Eugene holds out flowers for Rapunzel, who gently places them in the water to make them float across the surface. She then notices a small glow in the reflection of the water, and she looks up.

"♪ All those days, watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you ♪"

Rapunzel sees one lantern and instantly clambers to the edge of the boat for the full experience - at once, the boat rocks and Eugene almost falls out.

While Rapunzel stares in awe, the other lanterns slowly emerge from the castle - at the sight of all these lanterns, she instantly knows. It is, in fact, everything she dreamed it would be.

[Meanwhile]
Y/n sits on the docks with Maximus and Bucky, then stands up as the lanterns emerge from the castle.

Knowing Rapunzel will definitely be enjoying herself, Y/n smiles. A lantern makes its way over, and she leans over the docks to grab it. Maximus holds her cloak with his teeth, so she does fall in the water, and she manages to grab the lantern.

With a soft giggle, Y/n closes her eyes and lifts the lantern high in the sky, remembering all the times she did this on the balcony with her parents.

[Back With Rapunzel]
Pascal beams happily, overjoyed that his friend's dream is now coming true. Rapunzel turns around behind her and sees Eugene with two lanterns.

Rapunzel sits down, with a smile. "I have something for you, too." She admits, before she reveals Eugene's satchel. "I should've given it to you before but I was just scared. And the thing is.. I'm not scared, anymore. You know what I mean?

Eugene sets the satchel down, staring into Rapunzel's green eyes. "I'm starting to." He answers Rapunzel smiles, while she and Eugene both release a lantern each into the sky.

" All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go "

Eugene watches Rapunzel staring at all the lanterns with the most joyous smile on her face. She looks at Eugene, then points to a lantern coming towards her. After releasing it into the sky, Eugene holds Rapunzel's hand. This makes her smile, while she and Eugene find themselves holding each other's hands and facing each other.

"♪ And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see you, now that I see you ♪"

With the glowing lanterns creating a beautiful, kind of romantic scenery, Eugene and Rapunzel lean a little closer. Pascal turns to a deep shade of red almost immediately, before covering his eyes.

Eugene folds a small strand of Rapunzel's hair behind her ear, and they both lean in, but Eugene pauses. Glancing across the water, he notices the Stabbington brothers walking away on the land.

"Is.. everything okay?" Rapunzel asks Eugene, turning around in confusion. "Huh? Oh yes. Uh, yes of course. I just-" He replies, with an awkward chuckle. Then, he looks at his satchel.

Eugene rows the boat over to the land, causing it to stop. "I'm sorry, everything is fine. There's just something I have to take care of." He answers. "Okay." Rapunzel replies, with a little smile.

"I'll be right back." Eugene assures Rapunzel, then leaves. When he leaves, Pascal gives a worried squeak. "It's all right, Pascal." Rapunzel says.

[Meanwhile, At The Docks]
Y/n sits on the docks, after the lantern experience ends, and thinks about how excited Rapunzel must be, swirling her now untied hair streak in the water.

Thinking of all the fun she and Rapunzel have had, Y/n smiles. It's been wonderful! Performing at a pub with thugs who aren't as they seem, dancing her heart out in the kingdom village, getting their hair done up nicely and sharing an adorable bond, that- Y/n then gasps, and her eyes widen in realisation.

The thirteen year old princess instantly thinks of her mother, who told her that her big sister was born with beautiful golden hair, just like her streak.

Right away, Y/n thinks about how her and Rapunzel's hair both turn brown if cut. She also recalls the mural in the village, the one with a small, golden-haired, green-eyed baby girl.

The memory of her and Rapunzel first trying on the tiaras in the tower hits Y/n next, and she thinks about Rapunzel's strong desire to see the lanterns in person. Rapunzel never told Y/n why she desired the lanterns so badly. Just that it's her dream, but if today was the day Y/n is thinking of, then-

Maximus tilts his head and looks at the overjoyed young girl, in confusion. Y/n now realises why her hair glows like Rapunzel's, and why everything else connects. "I found my sister." Y/n whispers.

Bucky scurries over, sits on Y/n shoulder, and shrugs. Y/n looks at her grey squirrel friend and turns to Maximus, with a smile. "Rapunzel is my sister!" She realises, through a delighted giggle.

[Meanwhile]
Eugene makes his way to the Stabbington brothers. Sideburns sits on a rock, scraping and carving a stick with his knife. "Ahh, there you are. I've been searching everywhere for you guys, since we got separated. Hey, the sideburns are coming in nice, huh? You gotta be excited about that." Eugene tells Sideburns, who just glares at him without a word.

Eugene clears his throat, awkwardly. "Anyhow, just wanted to say, I shouldn't have split. The crowns are all yours. I'll miss you, but I think it's for the.. best." Eugene says, then pauses as Patchy Stabbington stands right behind him.

"Holding out on us again, eh Rider?" Sideburns retorts, smugly. "What?" Eugene asks, confused.

"We heard you found something. Something much more valuable than a couple of crowns. We want her, instead." Sideburns states, menacingly. Now worried, Eugene's eyes widen. Regret quickly rises in him, whilst he regrets getting off of the boat and unknowingly walking straight into their trap.

[By The Boat]
Rapunzel waits patiently for Eugene, then sighs in relief when she believes to see his shadow approaching. "I was starting to think you ran off with the crowns and left me." She chuckles a little.

At the sight of two shadows approaching her, Rapunzel gets worried. "He did." Sideburns tells her. "What? No. He wouldn't." Rapunzel states, firmly. "See for yourself." Sideburns tells her, gesturing to a boat sailing across the water.

Glancing across the water, Rapunzel sees Eugene sailing away from her in the boat. "Eugene?" She asks, wide eyed. "Eugene!" She cries. "Fair trade? A couple of crowns, for the girl with the magic hair. How much do you think someone will pay to stay young and healthy forever?" Sideburns asks, then gets a large sack out to kidnap Rapunzel with.

"No, please. No! No!" Rapunzel cries, then runs for her life. She then feels a sharp tug as her long braid gets stuck on a branch. While she tries to free her hair, she hears the Stabbington brothers yelling and a couple of thuds. "Rapunzel!" She hears a familiar voice yell. "Mother?" Rapunzel asks.

Rapunzel makes her way over and sees the Stabbington brothers unconscious on the floor, with Mother Gothel holding a large branch. "Oh, my precious girl. Are you all right? Are you hurt?" She asks, rushing to Rapunzel and hugging her.

"How did you-" Rapunzel questions. "I was so worried about you dear. So I followed you. And I saw them attack you, and.. let's go, let's go before they come to." Mother Gothel urges, frantically.

While Mother Gothel turns away, Rapunzel pauses. She turns to the boat Eugene is on, with a heartbroken expression. He.. left.. just like that?

Tears swiftly pool into the eyes of the brokenhearted blonde, as she silently watches Eugene's boat drift far away from her. And to think she thought that he liked her. They almost kissed.

What about Y/n? Could she have been pretending? Rapunzel doesn't even want to think about the idea. Instead, she quietly turns to Mother Gothel. Placing her green lamp upon the ground, the black-haired woman opens her arms for a hug.

Everything Mother Gothel once said seemed to be all correct to Rapunzel, since the woman took care of the long-haired blonde for eighteen years: bathed her, changed her, fed her, dressed her, nursed her, educated her.. Mother knows best.

Why shouldn't Rapunzel seek comfort in Mother Gothel, the woman who has raised her all her life? Everything she said seemed to be true.

Mother Gothel even seemed right, possibly, about Rapunzel: gullible, naïve, positively grubby, ditzy and a bit, well.. vague. Plus, as she said, Rapunzel seemed to have gotten deceived. She gave Eugene his satchel back, and it looks like he left right away. At least Mother Gothel won't say she told her so.

Nevertheless, Rapunzel runs to Mother Gothel, after softly letting out a small cry, and pulls her into a hug. "You were right, Mother. You were right about everything." She mutters, sniffling sadly.

"I know, darling. I know." Mother Gothel acknowledges, in a sympathetic tone, before walking back towards the tower with Rapunzel.

[Meanwhile, At The Docks]
The boat Eugene is on docks by a tall guard tower, but he did not choose to sail away from Rapunzel: he and both of the crowns are tied to the boat!

A couple of Coronian guards notice Eugene and the crowns. "Look! The crowns." A guard identifies. "Rapunzel.." Eugene mumbles, before his eyes widen at the realisation of being tied up. "Rapunzel!" He yells, while several guards quickly run down to the boat to finally arrest him. "Wait, wait, wait. Guys, guys. Rapunzel!!" Eugene yells.

Hearing Eugene's yelling nearby, Y/n runs over to the tower, followed by Maximus. With Bucky on her shoulder, Y/n gasps when she sees Eugene being forcefully dragged away by Coronian guards. "Rapunzel's in trouble?" She mutters, before her eyes widen in worry. "We have to do something!"

Maximus neighs, and nods for Y/n to get onto his back. Y/n promptly gets an idea of who could help; the only good people she could think of, honestly. "To the Snuggly Duckling, Maximus." She tells him.

In an instant, Maximus rides through the village all the way to the forest. While people still strolling around the village at night are surprised, panic begins to rise in Y/n. She's worried about Eugene, since he's being arrested for all his crimes, and she's also concerned for Rapunzel. Luckily, it only takes a few minutes to reach the Snuggly Duckling.

The door to the pub swings open, and the thugs all look in confusion. It quickly turns to joy, as soon as they see Y/n run into the pub. "Hey, the little girl in the cloak is back!" Hook Hand realises, then asks, "Did you and your blonde friend live your dreams?"

"She did, but I haven't.. yet. I need your help. Eug- uhm, Flynn has been arrested by guards and we really need him to get out." Y/n explains, but he pub thugs exchange skeptical expressions. "Eh. I don't know, kid. Seems pretty risky." Big Nose states.

Y/n exhales slowly, with the acknowledgment that the thugs will need to be convinced more. Hopefully, her next idea should do the trick. The youngest princess pulls down the hood of her blue cloak, in the hopes that the pub thugs recognise her. They do, since their eyes all widen. "Ohhh, it's the queen!" Shorty blurts out, in his slurred voice.

Y/n looks at the short white-bearded drunkard in confusion, while the other pub thugs bow to her. In response, she curtsies to them. However, she can't help but frown. "Look, it's not just Flynn. Rapunzel, my sister.. she's in danger. Please." She pleads.

The pub thugs huddle together for a discussion, while Y/n nervously twiddles her fingers. They then turn to her. "We'll help you out, princess." Hook Hand assures Y/n, who smiles and sighs in relief.

While the Snuggly Duckling pub echoes with the cheers of its thugs, Maximus lets out a neigh of delight. "Thank goodness." Y/n responds, as Bucky snuggles her comfortingly. "So, here's the plan.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 34 15
The is a sequel of 'Away from Old Corona'. Plot; Rapunzel got the Moonstone. She has taken her home castle and the Kingdom of Corona. It's up to Euge...
93.9K 2.1K 25
Varian is a young alchemist who is known for his dangerous acts of Science. When he meets a young girl, he soon learns there's more to life than elem...
174K 5K 111
We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of "Tangled: The Series." He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into pr...
24.5K 673 25
Rapunzel is an 18 year old girl who has been bullied since she started high school. She still holds her head strong, but on the inside she is crumbli...