Is This The End? - Duskwood

By X3kristax3

Its been five years since everything happened in Duskwood. She's living in Colville for three years now with... More

Chapter 2 - Protecting Her
Chapter 3- Another Life
Chapter 4 - Hearts Breaking
Chapter 5 - This Isn't Fate
Chapter 6: the Phone Call
Chapter 7: The Storm
Chapter 8: The Dance
Chapter 9: Find My Forever
Chapter 10: The Car Ride
Chapter 11: Love Hard but Slow
Chapter 12: Like Old Times
Chapter 13: Trying to Change
Chapter 14: I Need Time
Chapter 15: I Need to Love Slow
Chapter 16: Falling Slowly
Chapter 17: New Coworker
Chapter 18: The Festival
Chapter 19: Where It All Started
Epilogue

Chapter 1: The Fight

1.1K 34 16
By X3kristax3

After two long years of being with Jake and helping him get free things don't feel right. We act like everything is okay but I feel like I'm making a fool out of myself lately. There have been a lot of fights and even with the distance. I just cant help but wonder what is going on. The last time I saw him was six months ago. He flew out and spent time with me while meeting my family and friends. Those two weeks everything was great until just before he had to head back. He got distant and pushed me away.

These last three months I've been looking at apartments and setting up job interviews. I should of known when Jake didn't ask me about it that something was wrong.

I ended up flying out to Colsville to surprise him and I knocked on his apartment and a girl answered wearing on of Jake's t-shirts.

"Hello" she says confused.

"Sorry I must have the wrong apartment. My friend must of moved recently." I say with my heart breaking knowing the truth.

I hear from behind the door Jake's voice "your coffee is ready, love" as the girl shuts the door.

I stay stable and walk to the elevator. I wait for it to open and I heard someone come out of one of the apartments. I try not to look back, not wanting to see if it's Jake. As the elevator door opens I feel someone grab my hand and spin me around and I see Jake. I lose it and break down looking into his blue eyes that don't have that love I used to see looking back at me.

"MC please let's talk" he says.

I can't say anything as tears start streaming down my face. I manage to get out of his grip andI bolt into the elevator

"You stay" I manage out between the tears as I make the door close. I fall to the floor and my phone goes off and I see it's Jake. I toss it in my bag and it breaks my heart.

I knew this was coming, he became distant but I didn't want to believe it. I walk out and get into the rental car and my phone keeps going off and it's Jake.

I answer after the 10th call since I told him to stay "Jake I don't want to hear it! You made a fool out of me!" I say hanging up without letting him say a word.

I pick up my phone and call Jessy. I know she moved to Paris after we managed to find Hannah but I know she comes to visit so I'm hoping that when I told her I was coming here that she was coming.

"Hey girl everything okay? I know you said you just got into Colville today" she says as she answers the phone.

"Jessy" I say , bawling my eyes out, unable to get out anything more.

"MC what is wrong do I need to get Dan on this chat?" she ask

"No Dan. He's just going to tell me 'I told you so'.... I came out here to surprise Jake and try and rekindle because we haven't seen each other in 6 months and" I start having a panic attack.

"Calm down, I just landed coming to Duskwood as well. Send me your location and I'll come get you in a cab and we can go get coffee."

I send her my location "Jessy..... Its over between me and him and there is nothing to fix anymore. He cheated on me," I say crying again.

"I'll be there right away. Once I get out of the cab I'll call you again, stay there please." she says, concerned for me.

We hang up the phone and I lean my head back and close my eyes.

My mind wanders to these last six months. Where did we go wrong? What happened we were madly in love? I thought moving out here would make things better and we could live a normal life together.

I get startled by someone knocking on my window and I open my eyes and see Jake. He has a cup of coffee in his hand and I see the sadness in his eyes. My window is cracked so I don't get too hot waiting for Jessy

'MC can we talk please, i brought you coffee," he says trying to do that smile that melts my heart and he knows it.

"Jake, I need some time. I flew out here to try and fix things with you. Only to knock on your door and have another girl answer it." I say turning on the car and shutting the window as I put the music on and the song "Flower " by Lauren Spencer Smith plays and I just start bawling my eyes again.

Jake tries to open my door but it's locked and my phone goes off.

"I'm in the parking garage, first floor, red BMW. Heads up he's standing outside my driver door" I say as I answer wiping the tears away from my eyes.

"Oh he better leave before I lose it on him!" she yells into the phone and I can tell she's angry.

All of a sudden, I see Jake get pushed back from the car by a female and I notice the red hair. I can't help but laugh because that's my best friend.

"Dan and I warned you what would happen Jake!" she angrily yells in his face. "You thought we were joking but I already told Dan what she told me! How the hell could you cheat on her when all she wanted was to be with you!?"

She goes to open the back door and realizes it is locked. I undo it knowing he's not going to try anything and I was wrong. As Jessy is putting her luggage in the backseat with mine, he opens the drivers door and crouched down so he's at my level. I turn my head away from him in pure disgust of him.

"MC, please we need to talk about this" he says, starting to reach out but stops.

"Just leave her alone, she doesn't want to even look at you, Jake" says Jessy as I climb into the passenger seat in the front seat, unable to drive at this moment and just wanting away from him.

"Jessica, just let her tell me this herself." he says.

"I told you fucking stay! I walked away from you crying because it's over. You hurt me Jake and I can't keep doing this," I say looking into his eyes as I start crying again but so flustered with myself and him for not seeing the signs before this trip.

He stands up "fine but I eventually do want to talk to you about everything' he says as he steps away from the car.

Jessy gets in the car and I get out. I look at Jessy, give me a few moments I need to say some things to him" i say walking around the front of the car and away from it and he follows me.

He leans against the wall and reaches for my hand but I cross my arms. "I need to say something and then I'm walking away before I say or do something I regret right now" I say with tears still in my eyes.

"Okay, I understand." he says and I see the hurt in his eyes.

"I helped you become a free man from running." as tears run down my face. "You took me over to your house to meet your family, even your MOM! You introduce me to them, saying that you'd marry me. Then you looked me in the eyes after we left and say 'It was just a joke'. You kiss me and I'd smile, did you even know? When you'd say that kind of thing, I'd be excited. You got me hoping one day you would mean it." as i feel my heart rate increase. "I always thought I'd only make a fool of someone else. Now you have only gone and made me make one of myself. We'd fight and you'd send flowers but i guess they aren't just used for big apologies." my hands start to shake. "I guess I should've been more conscious of how you spoke to me, trying to control me. When we would fight you'd give me space and not communicate and for a while I thought that's what i should appreciate." Blaming myself for not seeing this sooner. "Maybe I was holding onto what I thought you were, but when you think too hard, eventually it starts to hurt. The version of you in my head, now I know it wasn't true. Young people fall for the wrong people, I guess my one was you." as I say this I walk away.

"MC, I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you." He says but I act like I didn't hear him.

Not giving Jake a chance to say anything as I get back in the car and Jessy pulls out and I see him in the side mirror standing there watching the car leave.

Jakes POV:

I watch them leave and I see MC's face in the side mirror and my heart breaks. Once they are out of sight I punch the brick wall behind me as I see the girl from last night come walking out to the elevator.

"I won't be coming back" she says as she walks past me. I don't say anything to her because she already figured out it was more than what MC mentioned.

I head back into my apartment and pull out my phone. I open the messages but knowing she's not going to check them right now and I can't blame her.

Jake: MC, I'm sorry for everything. You deserve better than this. I know for the last year I haven't been the best and you kept trying to fix things between us and I just pushed you away. Please just know you will always hold a space in my heart and I did fall in love with you and I hate that I broke you like this.

I hit send, unsure if she even blocked me until it shows she's online. I see her typing and then nothing and she goes offline again.

"I will always love you, MC" I say to myself as I throw the coffee cup I still have across the apartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 89 25
This is a fanfic based on the mobile game Duskwood. It's set around the same time as the new game Moonvale. It focuses on the relationship between ou...
35.2K 1.4K 28
How devastating would it be for our beloved hacker - Jake to find out that our beloved MC is dead! Is she really dead? or if she is not dead then wh...
10.3K 391 39
This story is based off an Android Game called Duskwood. This particular story takes place after Chapter 10 ( Duskwood Finale) . MC doesn't want to g...
32.7K 2.4K 24
PART1: It's been three months since Elena McClain found Hannah and Richy after their disappearance. But hasn't she received even a single message fro...