Laufeysdottir: Loki's Little...

By Kat48270

When Loki was taken from Jotunheim by Odin, Laufey was distraught. He searched for his son for centuries befo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Notice
Chapter 24

Chapter 13

1K 23 13
By Kat48270

Catch-up

I found the spell and left the grimoire open on that page before walking out the room, with Thor on my tail, and used magic to shut the secret door. I started flicking through shelves in my room for a book on possible side affects on resurrection and started reading.

I hope I can bring them home.

Present

So that is the price...

I figured out what it was, but it left me questioning if I should really give that up. Would it be worth it?

The doubt only lasted a second, but I was outside Loki's room the next. I knocked on the door and I heard a faint 'come in' from the other side.

I opened the door and his shields allowed me to enter with no hesitation. I walked to his bed with a smile on my face as I sat down on the edge. Loki moved to sit up, figuring that we needed to talk.

I skipped everything and got straight to the point.

"I can bring them back."

Loki was confused as to what I was talking about. "Pardon?" He quizzed.

"Your children. I can bring them back." I smiled as his eyes filled with hope.

"How? I tried everything in the book!" He doubted me.

"Not my book. This grimoire has been passed through generations of witches in our bloodline. It is a one of a kind. I just need your permission to bring them back, as they are your children." I clarified for him. I didn't tell him that I needed to pay a price for the magic I needed to use. He didn't need to know. Not yet, atleast.

He nodded his head, unable to form words. But that was all that was needed. I had his permission, now I can bring his twins home.

Tears of happiness started to spill from his eyes as he moved to hug me. "Thank you." He whispered as he sniffled and tried to calm himself.

"You need not thank me. I'm doing what anyone with the power that I have would do. But I must prepare. I will make the journey to Hel in the early morn, when you should be physically recovered. I may be drained afterwards, but don't be alarmed. It takes alot of magic to do what I am going to do." I told him firmly. He nodded his head in acknowledgement and allowed me to leave so I could prepare for tomorrow's spell.

..........

I awoke the next morning feeling sick to the bone. Not of illness, but of the nervousness that ran through me.

I have always had a fear of failure. I always strived to be perfect. I never liked doing something wrong, especially when it came to magic. But accidents can happen, and they have more than once. The nerves of failing my older brother were high, but also unlikely. He, himself, understood all risks to magic, including the chance of the spell completely backfiring and could end up with both myself and his children stuck within the gates of Hel.

I grabbed the grimoire, crystals, and candles before heading down into the living area, where the Midgardians had specifically been told to keep clear of.

I started setting up but felt a presence behind me. I turned to see Loki walking up behind me with an excited smile on his face.

"Allow me to help with setting up your equipment." He offered. I nodded and handed him five candles. One white, one black, another one red, orange, then a blue one.

I told him to put them on each corner of the pentagram I would be kneeling in. The crystals were spread in a circle around the pentagram. Thor entered the room just as I lit the last candle and got ready for the spell.

"I will need one of you to keep ahold of my shoulders. When spiritually travelling realms, you leave your body behind it, and it can often fall to the ground. I need to remain kneeling, not only to avoid falling on a candle, but so I know what position I will be in when I come back." I explained.

Thor said that he would do it, that way he could pick me up and allow Loki to have a moment with his children.

I got down on my knees in the pentagram and felt both of Thor's hands clasp on either shoulder. I started reciting the spell and the flames grew higher, and brighter. They burned hotter.

Every one of my senses were heightened. I could almost taste the smoke in my mouth. I could smell the flames, and it felt as if I was at the stake again. I pushed them memories down and continued with my spell. I could hear the individual crackle of the flames, and the brother's breathing. I could feel my soul tearing itself away from my body. Until I eventually opened my eyes again.

I saw my limp body being held up by Thor's hands.

There was a fade in the living area that led to Hel.

Hel wasn't a bad place to be. It is where you go if you didn't die in battle. And it wasn't surprising to see Hela walking towards me with a knowing smirk on her face.

"I was wondering when you would venture here." She told me as she held out a hand.

She pulled my through the fade, which was more like a rip in the dimensions. We walked side by side until she asked, "You are aware if the price you must pay for this sort of magic, aren't you?" She was genuinely concerned and worried that I was not aware of what Iwas getting myself into.

"I always do my research." I jested with a smirk, attempting to lighten the dull mood. She cracked a smile and lead me to where two young children were laughing and running around.

She stopped me before we got too close, and I knew it was time to pay up. I could tell she didn't want to do it, but I wouldn't stop her.

The process was painful, and it is not something I want to go through again. I fought against every instinct to let out a cry of agony, and only allowed whimpers to pass my lips.

I felt like I could finally breathe properly again and I knew that it was done.

I was still in pain, but it was more of a dull ache now that the price was paid. I didn't even know I was on my knees until Hela pulled me up again. She used her magic to make the pain go away. "You're a good sister, Lola." She told me and we started walking towards the young children.

"Narfi! Vali! It is time to go home now." Hela yelled over to the young twins and they came bouncing over, full of life despite being dead. They only looked four or five in age, but I could feel the strong magic radiating off of them. It was similar to Loki's.

"This is is your father's sister, your aunt. She's here to take you home now. Ok?" Hela smiled to the younglings. The twins excitedly nodded their heads, ready to go see their father.

I squated down to their hight, and I could instantly see the resemblance they shared with Loki. Long dark hair, pale skin, and green eyes. "My name is Lola. Can yous tell me yours?" I asked them. Obviously I already knew their names, but I figured that theiy didn't know who I really was and they should get the chance to introduce themselves.

"I'm Vali." The young girl shyly smiled

"And I'm Narfi!" The young boy was excited to go home.

I stood back up to full hight and hugged Hela goodbye before holding out my hands for the twins to take before starting to walk back to where I could see the living area of the Midgardian tower.

I kept tight ahold of the twins' hands as I knelt back down  into my body and brought them with me.

I sharply inhaled as I adjusted to reality again, and it took me a moment to realise I was already being carried bridle style by Thor.

I caught my breath and told Thor he could put me down again. He complied and we both looked at the emotional reunion between Loki and his twins. He was openly crying and the twins were latched onto him.

"What was the price?" Thor whispered to me. I didn't expect him to understand that this type of magic required a price.

"Pardon?" I asked as i looked at him, thinking I didn't hear him correctly.

"What was the price, Little Sister?" I internally smiled at the fact that Thor adopted me as a sister. I turned back to the scene infront of me.

"My fertility."

An- I wrote this all in one night, when I definitely should be sleeping. What do you think? Do you think it was worth the price? Let me know in the comments. Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think.

Till next time,

Xo
   -Kat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 16.9K 66
"I didn't peg you for a poetry kind of guy," I say, but I'm glad he is. Poems are a guilty pleasure to me. "Will you read some to me?" "Of course."...
129K 3.9K 26
√Book 1 of 2 Series√ "Wait for me... Because I'll always wait for you" Have you ever felt..... Magical? Loved? Betrayed? Abandoned? Cause that's...
43.8K 1K 13
"You can't take her Thor! She is my daughter! You can't take her!" "I am truly sorry brother, forgive me." ~ When Thor takes away the last person Lok...
6.7K 303 30
Having been taken into the Avengers only a year ago and surviving her kidnapped by HYDRA, Emily had finally felt like she had a place to belong and s...