Lost in the Cruel World (Mika...

Bởi EreMikaheart

Spoiler Alert! What if in an alternative universe, after the battle of Heaven and Earth, Mikasa gets another... Xem Thêm

1. Back to Where Everything Started
2. The Warmth of His Scarf
3. Trapped in a Small Cage
4. Indebted
5. To You, In 2,000 Years
6. That Day
7. A Dim Light Amid Despair
8. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
9. First Battle
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Primal Desire
16. Can't Look into His Eyes Yet
17. Special Operations Squad
18. Needed to be Done
19. Female Titan
21. Defeated
22. Memories of That Day
23. The Attacking Titan
24. End Result
25. Mere Threat
26. Beast Titan
27. Soilder
28. The Fallen Warriors
29. Blessing
30. Ruler of the Walls
31. Memories of the Future
32. Inevitable
33. The Other Side of the Walls
34. Love Against Time
35. Grow Old Together
36. Lost In the Cruel World (Final Chapter)

20. Forest of Giant Trees

978 22 1
Bởi EreMikaheart

___________________________________________

Republished after some edits.

You guys could skip this chapter too.

__________________________________________

AUTHOR'S POV:

Jean was standing on a rock, whistling to signal her horse to come.

Reiner was treating Armin's wound. "How's your 3D maneuver gear looking, Armin?"

"It's fine." Armin replied. "The clasp released like it was supposed to, so it seems it's not broken."

"I see." Reiner said, unrolling a bandage. "I'm glad to hear it. But what do we do?" He looked over at Jean, who was still whistling loudly. "We only have one horse. If Jean's horse comes back, the three of us can move, but..."

'What the hell?' Jean glanced at the horse beside him. 'Reiner's horse returned, so why didn't mine? We can't stay here any longer.' Fingers in his mouth, he began whistling again.
.

The field before him lay empty and peaceful, no sign of life.
.

He pulled out his fingers, coated in saliva. 'Worst comes to worst, we'll have to leave someone here.' He looked behind him. 'But how would we decide who to leave? Armin, since he's wounded? Or Reiner, since he's big and would have trouble riding with someone else? Or should I run and try to find my horse? Jean looked down. "Shit!" He cursed. 'Why the hell do I have to think about this? We all made it through that fight alive. But now we have to leave one person behind?' He began whistling for his horse once more.

Armin was staring at the ground, silent, remembering laying on the ground with wide eyes when the Female Titan was looking at him, creepily.

"Armin... Hey, Armin!" Reiner's voice snapped him out of his stupor. "You still dizzy?"

"Yeah, my head's still a bit fuzzy." Armin said.

"I see." Reiner said, standing up. "But we must decide. It's a hard choice, but someone will have to stay behind."

Jean stopped whistling and looked at him.

"Wait!" Armin said and stood up. "First, let's fire a smoke round. If the formation continued straight ahead, the 4th row's 3rd team should be nearby."

A purple flare shot up to the sky as someone came closer.

"That's the signal for an emergency." Jean said and put his flare gun away. "But I can't imagine they'll understand our intentions just from that." He walked away.

"Armin, we can wait another three minutes. By then, we must decide-" Reiner said.

"I'll stay." Armin replied firmly, taking Reiner by surprise. "But there's something I want you to tell them for me. Preferably to Commander Erwin alone."

"No, Armin. You should tell him yourself." Reiner said, looking at the distance.

Jean and Armin followed his gaze.

"Looks like someone's coming." Jean said with a hopeful expression. "And with a extra horse too."

"That's Christa!" Armin said.

Soon, Christa met approached them. "Are everyone okay?"

"Oh, It's my horse." Jean said, walking towards it.

"He ran toward me, terrified. Did you engage the Titans?" Christa asked then turned to Armin. "Armin, what happened to you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so." Armin replied.

"I can't believe that smoke round brought you here." Reiner said.

"I was nearby and I already had Faye's horse."

"Even horses like you. You're an extremely nice person. You saved our lives." Reiner complemented.

"But I'm so glad that the worst didn't happen to you." Christa said, wiping her eyes. "I really am glad you're alive and well." She smiled at them.

'God...' Armin thought.

'She must be a goddess in disguise...' Jean thought.

'I want to marry her.' Reiner decided.

"Well, we should rejoin the formation as soon as possible." Christa said.

"Yeah." Jean said. "There should be orders to retreat."

The four quickly rode away.

After a few moments, green flares flew toward the sky in front of the forest to their left.

"Green round?" Jean said.

"Looks like they're continuing the operation, only changing course." Armin said.

"What? That wasn't a retreat command?" Christa asked.

"So, the commander has changed the original plan too, I guess." Jean asked. "What have gotten into him?"

"We can all see when an operation is impossible to continue. Did command not see our smoke round somehow?" Reiner said.

"There's still only one thing for us to do. Follow the order!" Armin said and fired a green flare.
.

"Smoke round. Green." Levi said, looking in the distance. "Oluo, you fire it."

"Roger." Oluo replied.

Oluo shot a green flare.

"Reporting in!" A Scout said, coming towards them. "Attack from the rear! Right flank recon has been destroyed!Our recon system is partially inoperative. Pass this on, to the left."

Eren let out a sigh.

"Did you hear that, Petra?" Levi said, turning to her. "Go."

"Yes, sir!" Petra replied and fell off to the left.

"Eren, you fire it." Levi ordered.

"Yes sir." Eren replied.

"What a mess. They managed to reach this deep into our formation." Levi muttered.

Eren fired off the black round.
.

The Female Titan was running while the Scouts were chasing after her.

The hook shot in front of the female titan and a soldier flew by, causing her to cover her nape.

"Shit!" Darius, who was on horseback, cursed. "Look over here." He pointed his flare gun at her. "You damn monster!" He fired off a shot and she tilted her head to the side and dodged it. "Now!"

Three Scouts were flying toward her from different directions.

"Three separate attacks at once. You're pretty smart, but you can't possibly protect all three targets! Spine, Achilles tendon, it doesn't matter! Hit one, and we will slow it down. Go!" A soilder shouted.

"Damn you for causing so many deaths!" Another soilder said and went to her legs.

"We'll make you die a slow, painful death!"

A different Scout came at her from above.

The Female Titan grabbed one of the wires and jumped.

"It jumped?" A soilder said with wide eyes.

The female titan looked down at the soldier in midair.

She came down on him and squashed him beneath her foot.

One soldier landed on the ground and skid back and she kicked him against the building.

"Wha-"

The last of the trio stared fearfully at her, as she held him by a wire.

"L-let me go!"

Darius looked ill, seeing her approach, spinning the soilder.

The Scout yanked the reins, turning around to race away.

She followed him, releasing her grip on the wire and sending the soldier's body flying.

Darius raced across a small wooden bridge and continued on. 'I need to report this immediately. Who would've foreseen a Titan like that? I need to tell everyone!' He looked over his shoulder and cried out in fear.

The female titan stomp her leg down, launching both the soldier and the horse into air.

Two Scouts noticed her.

"An abnormal?"

"It got in all the way here? We'll take it out!"

"We can't let it get further in!"

The two raced toward the female giant who was just standing there.
.

"The right flank's been wiped out? But we aren't withdrawing? Why?!" A soilder from row 3/1 asked to his comrade.

"No idea. The commander's orders. Just relay the message to the left!"
.

The Female Titan glanced up, over half a dozen bloody patches on the grass around her.

She then took off.
.

Two Scouts on the left flank spoke.

"What's going on? We keep heading east."

"Our goal is supposed to be south, to the old city."
.

"Right now, our formation's on a collision course." A soilder from 1/5 Vanguard, on the upper left side of the formation said.

"Yeah. You can see it now. The Forest of Giant Trees."
.

"Seems like Titans passed through here. There's nothing growing on the road," Erwin said, noticing his surroundings. "We can bring the carts through, too."

They passed by a few broken, single-story buildings, sitting before massive trees.

"Send word to the rear that only the central cart guard should enter the forest." Erwin commanded.

"Yes, sir!" Two Scouts replied and split off, leaving the three to go deeper into the forest.

Sasha watched them disappear and turned to her squad leader. "Excuse me, sir. The center row appears to be entering the forest. Wouldn't the rest of us collide with the forest?"

"We're going around." The squad leader replied.

"Yes, sir!" Sasha said.
.

"We're totally off from both our original destination and our return point." Jean said, riding beside Armin. "What are we doing exactly?"

"I don't know, but the order came from Commander Erwin, after all. he must have a plan." Armin replied.

"Hm... But, no matter what his plan is, we can't stay here." Jean said. "I think we're passing through on our way to somewhere else."

Soon they dismounted their horses and tied them to the trees.

"Everyone, halt!" Their squad leader said. "Listen up, recruits, and listen well. We will now enter ambush formations. Draw your blades and wait above in the trees. If any Titans try to enter this forest, stop them at all costs!"

"U-Um, sir, what do you-"

"Shut up and follow orders!" Their squad leader said and flew up to stand on a sturdy branch on the tree behind him.

"Now, what is going on?" Jean said with confusion.

Armin just remained silent but he was also unsure.
.

The scouts were now waiting above the threes with blades in their hands. All of them had uncertainty on their faces.

"H-Hey," Connie said, turning to Mikasa, "It looks like only the center line went into the woods. What happened to the formation?"

"The formation's gone." Mikasa replied. "The forest blocks our advance, so the left and right flanks will have to skirt the forest. We've lost our recon ability."

"Why didn't we change course to avoid this forest? Did Commander Erwin read the map wrong?" Connie asked.

"I don't know." Mikasa replied. "Perhaps we tried too hard to avoid the threat on the right flank and ended up here." She let out a sigh. 'That bitch is coming. Even if we fought side by side, she is an enemy now... I wonder how Eren'll react...'
.

'So, we've abandoned the original mission of establishing an outer Wall base.' Jean frowned. 'Instead, we're just standing here to stop any Titans that enter the woods.'

All of the recruits were nervous except for Mikasa.

"Five-meter class incoming!" A soilder informed.

'Why bring the formation here? What is Commander Erwin thinking?' Armin thought. 'No, that isn't what we should think about. The Female Titan is pursuing Eren. And the commander knows that. Assume those two things, and see what you can deduce.'
.

The Levi squad kept moving.

Eren still had a dull expression.
.

'The Female Titan is after Eren.' Armin thought. 'If I'm right about that, then there's only one reason to come here. This is where Commander Erwin intends to deal with the Female Titan.'

"Armin." Jean said, snapping Armin out of his thoughts. "Our orders were to keep the Titans out of the forest, right?

Armin followed his gaze.

He was startled to see a dozen Titans clawing at the trees, trying to get to them.

Around them, the rest of the recruits watched the Titans with various expressions, some nervous and some blank-faced.
.

Behind the Levi squad, someone fired a black flare.

Eren spotted it first. "A black smoke round!"

"It's from directly behind us!" Gunther said.

"It's that thing that's been chasing us from the right." Erd said, looking over his shoulder.

"Draw your blades." Levi ordered and pulled out one of his swords. "If that thing decides to show itself, we won't have any time."

After some moments, the Female Titan appeared, swatting a soldier and racing forward.

Eren furrowed his eyebrows at her sight.

"Run!" Levi ordered.

Petra watched the Female Titan, running almost parallel to them.

"We can't get away in this forest!" Gunther said.

"It's catching up to us!" Erd yelled.

"Captain, can we switch to maneuver gear?!" Petra asked but Levi didn't reply, looking silently over his shoulder. "Captain!"
.

"You won't escape!" A Scout yelled, coming from behind the Female Titan.
.

"Reinforcements from behind!" Petra said.
.

The Female Titan tilted her head to dodge the hook and grabbed it, yanking it to bring the soldier close and rammed her shoulder against a tree with him between them, crushing him.

Another soldier attacked and the Female Titan grabbed her wire and threw her over her shoulder.
.

"Captain, your orders?!" Petra cried out in panic.

"Let's go for it!" Oluo yelled. "That thing's dangerous! We should kill it!"

"I'll turn it into mincemeat!" Erd yelled and pulled out his sword, looking furious.

"Captain!"

"Give us your orders."

"At this rate, it will catch up with us!"

"We'll kill it here. That's why we came to this forest! Right, Captain?"

"Captain, your orders!"

Levi finally looked at them. "Everyone, cover your ears." He turned around, pulled out his flare gun and fired off a round. He fired the gun into the sky.

There was a loud, pitched noise.

Everyone had their ears covered, flinching.

"What is your job?" Levi asked, looking at his team. "To just let your emotions overwhelm you? No, it's not. Our squad's job is to keep Eren from getting a single scratch on him." Levi turned back. "Even if it costs our lives. We keep going on our horses, got it?"

"Yes, sir." Petra replied.
.

The Female Titan continued in pursuit.

Two Scouts reached her and she covered her nape.
.
.

One of the Scouts flew at the Female Titan and she slammed him against a tree with the palm of her hand.
.

The Female titan continued to kill the scouts while the Levi squad kept moving forward.
.

"Let me go!" The Scout in the Female Titan's hand screamed.

She wiped him on the trees as she ran before tossing her hand back to throw him away.
.

Eren squeezed his eyes shut. 'I'm sorry!'

"Target is accelerating!"

"Faster!" Levi ordered. "We will outrun it."

Petra and Erd were tensed and nervous but staring forward as well.

The squad rode by two men hiding behind wooden slats.
.

The Female Titan skid to a stop, surrounded by soldiers in trees.

"Fire!" Erwin ordered, hanging from a tree.

The soldiers covered their ears and immediately yanked the rope in their hands.

Hooks began to launch out and the Female Titan covered her ears, head slightly bowed, caught off guard and put on the defensive.

The booming of the special target restraining weapons continued as dozens upon dozens of steel wires with arrowheads pierced her entire body.

Finally, the last one fired and smoke rose.
.

Squad Levi kept going, dust and thick smoke blocking out the view behind them.

"Advance a bit farther, tether the horses, and switch to maneuver gear." Levi ordered. "You guys will be off on your own for a while. Erd, lead the squad." He got ready to jump off. "Once you're a good distance away from the Titans, hide Eren. Take my horse." With that, he flew back toward the other Scouts.
.

The Female Titan was stuck as countless, shiny metal wires had locked her in place.
.

"Well, Eren? See that?" Gunther asked. "We caught that Titan!"

"This is the power of the Survey Corps! Don't underestimate us, fool." Oluo said.

"Well?" Erd said."Do you get it now?"

"Yeah..." Eren said with a no expression.
.

Erwin stood on a branch.

Levi joined him. "Looks like it's stopped moving."

"We can't lower our guard." Erwin replied.
.

The Female Titan tried to move and the wires creaked but they weren't budging.
.

"But you did well, leading it here." Erwin said.

"We were able to thanks to the rearguard squads that died buying us the time we needed." Levi replied. "We couldn't have done it without them."

"Is that so?" Erwin said and continued to stare down without an expression.

"It is. Thanks to them, we'll be able to see who's inside this thing." Levi said, looking down at the Female Titan. "I hope they haven't pissed themselves."
.

The Female Titan was trapped.

She gritted her teeth, one visible wild eye.
.

The Levi squad continued to ride on, leaving the rest behind.
.

Levi pulled out another sword, ready to attack.

"Wait, Levi." Erwin said. "We need to be cautious. Squads 2 and 3! Fire!"

Hooks and wires once again began shooting out and piercing the female titan.

"Use the reserves too!" Erwin commanded.
.

On the outer edges of the forest, the recruits waited in the trees.

Three Titans crawled on the ground.

One titan was trying to climb the tree.

Christa glanced down. "Umm, they're starting to climb up."

"Indeed." Nanaba replied. "If they make it up this far perhaps I'll step out of the way. Although I suspect we'll soon be given orders to withdraw anyway."

"Does it have something to do with those explosions inside the forest?"

"Maybe."
.

Elsewhere, Sasha looked up, listening to the sound of the cannons. "Mikasa, what do you think those sounds are? Are cannons being fired inside the forest?"

Mikasa was silent, listening keenly.
.

'I didn't see them bring any cannons in though.' Reiner thought.

"There's a real racket coming from inside." Ymir said and looked at Bertolt. "Hey, Bertolt, do you know where Christa is?"

"Sorry." Bert replied. "I don't know."
.

'Nothing makes sense anymore.' Connie sighed, sitting against the tree. 'What are we even doing now, and why? I wanna go home.'
.

'This is tiring...' Marco thought.
.

The booming of the cannons continued through the air.
.

"Armin, let's move away." Jean said.

"Hmm." Armin said.

The two jumped off and flew away to another branch.
.

"Looks like Titans have the capacity to learn... It's getting better at climbing." Jean said with amazement, looking at the Titan which was trying to climb a tree.

"Yeah... That's scary." Armin replied. "I guess, it's probably different for each Titan."

Silence fell upon them.

"I think I've figured what they are doing in the forest." Jean said, looking back. "They lured that female Titan here to capture her or may be... to capture the human inside."

"You think so too?" Armin replied.
.

Inside the forest, Erwin and Levi were staring coldly down at the restrained female titan.
.

The Levi squad was standing on a tree branch.

"What do you think what that thing is?" Oluo asked.

"A traitor among humans." Eren said in a monotonous voice.
.

"That there's someone in the regiment... Who is after Eren..." Jean said.

"Yes." Armin agreed. "I think there is."
.

"A spy? Are you really sure?" Gunther asked.

"At the very least." Erd said, "The commander must believe so. I assume the only soldiers informed of this operation were the ones who survived five years ago."

"I see. So, that's why." Gunther said.

"Five years ago was when the Wall first fell. Could they be using that fact to narrow down suspects on the assumption that's when the spy got inside?" Petra wondered.

"Does that mean this person killed Sonny and Bean too?" Erd added.

"The commander asked me something after that happened." Petra admitted.

"We might've been allowed to join the operation if we'd known the answer to that question. I can't think of anyone, though." Erd said.

"Well, I knew. But I decided not to say anything," Oluo said. "Do you guys know why?"

"Why?" Petra asked.

"What, you mean you don't know? I guess guys like you I wouldn't know, huh?" Oluo said.

Petra did not look impressed at all.

"You're nowhere near my level yet, after all." Oluo claimed cockily.

"Seriously, are you still trying to imitate Captain Levi? He doesn't talk like that." Petra scolded.

"Do you think the commander was wrong to do this?" Erd asked him.
.

The path was littered with the bodies of deceased soldiers, their blood splattered everywhere, leading up to the Female Titan with long metal rods embedded into her skin.
.

"Eren, if you didn't know already, you'll soon learn why Erwin Smith was put in charge of the Scouts, of humanity's hope" Erd said.

"It's why he even has Captain Levi's trust" Petra said and smiled.

"That's assuming you survive long enough, of course." Oluo added.
.

"If there's anyone who can bring about change, it's someone capable of giving up what matters most." Armin said, looking at Jean. "In particular, people who are capable of abandoning their humanity when forced to rise above monsters. Those who can't abandon anything can't change anything."

"Yeah... That's what Commander Erwin did... Eren has to do it too, sooner or later." Jean replied.
.

"Fire!" Erwin ordered, pointing his sword.

Hange placed one foot against the barrel and yanked the rope.

Seven cables with arrowheads shot out and dug into the Female Titan's back.

"How do you like that? Now you can't scratch a single itch or move a single muscle. And you probably never will again." Hange said with a mad expression on her face. "The more your wounds heal, the stiffer your joints will get!" She giggled creepily before her voice became serious. "Still, why haven't they extracted our esteemed guest yet? What are Levi and Mike doing?"

Levi and Mike attacked the Female Titan from above.

Suddenly, a blue crystal covered her fingers.

Levi glared, shards of his broken swords flying around him.

Mike landed on a branch near Erwin and shook his head, holding up his broken swords.

Erwin studied the Female Titan. 'So, she has the ability to cover portions of her body with hardened skin, huh? Much like the Armored Titan I've heard about.'
.

The crystal began to crack and fell away.
.

'Will it weaken if we continue an assault with the 3D gear?' Erwin wondered.
.

The crystal had now completely crumbled away.
.

'There's no time to test it out. In which case...' Erwin held up his hand.

Keiji landed next to him. "Sir!"

"Prepare to blast it. Blow off the target's hands." Erwin said.

"Yes, sir. However, there's a risk the firepower could potentially kill the person on the inside as well." Keiji replied, pointing to his own nape.

"Then let's attempt to sever the wrists." Erwin said, walking up to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Fire an all-out salvo on my signal.

"Understood!" Keiji replied and went to the ground and waved to the soldiers, exchanging a nod with another group.
.

"Hey. Just come out already, will you?" Levi said, standing on top of the Female Titan's head. "We don't got time for this. Say, what do you think's gonna happen to you now? Do you really think you can get out of this situation?"

The Female Titan remained silent and expressionless.

"I wish you'd pay some thought to the trouble you've caused us. You killed our soldiers in all sorts of different ways." Levi said with a dark expression on his face. "Was it fun? Well, I'm having fun now. I take it you're the same way. If there's anyone who knows how I feel, it's you. Oh, right. There's something I need to ask. Will you be fine if your arms and legs get cut off?"

Fear was visible in the Female titan's eyes now.

"They'll go grow back, right? I'm talking about your actual body. Can't afford to have you die on us, after all." Levi said.

The Female Titan inhaled.

Levi was startled for a second.

The Female titan opened her mouth and roared, forcing Levi and the other Scouts to cover their ears.
.

The sound echoed throughout the entire forest.
.

Petra, Armin and Jean, Christa and Nanaba, Connie and Reiner, Sasha and Marco, everyone looked startled.
.

Hange gawked, Moblit standing by her and removing his hands from his ears.

"Were those her death throes?"
.

"Erwin!" Mike called out, joining him. "I smell them."

"Direction?" Erwin asked.

"All directions, all at once! Lots of them!"
.

"That's not good..." Jean said. "They're rushing into the forest all at once!"

Armin gasped at the sight.
.

Below, multiple Titans ran by, all heading in one direction.
.

"Why are they suddenly ignoring us?!"

"What?" Ymir exclaimed, kneeling on her branch as the ground shook.
.

Mikasa grew concerned. 'Do I have to save Eren this time too? Is everything going to be repeated? That's not good...'
.

Titans continued to rush through the forest.

"Hurry the explosives!" Erwin ordered.

"Erwin!" Mike said. "They'll come from the east! They're getting close!"

"Wagon defense squad, intercept them!" Erwin said.
.

A group of Scouts charged straight at them.

The Titans passed them by.

"They're ignoring us?! Are they Abnormals?!"

"Three Titans have broken through!"
.

Erwin had an almost terrified expression on his face.

"Corporal Levi!"
.

"Hey." Levi said while stomping on the Female Titan's head. "You just did something, didn't you?" With a sigh, he readied his swords.

A hook shot out and Levi cut the two Titans.

Then a short Titan ran and grabbed the Female Titan's leg and bit the flesh covering her ankle.
.

Erwin looked horrified. 'They're targeting her?' With a gasp, he looked up to see the chaos around them.

"Titans coming from all directions!"
.

There were Titans everywhere, surrounding the Female Titan, eating her.
.

"All soldiers, commence combat!" Erwin ordered.

Levi, Hange, Moblit and the rest of the Scouts prepared to attack.

"Defend the Female Titan at all costs!" Erwin ordered.

All the soilders charged at the Titans attempting to eat the Female Titan.

The visceral scene continued but their efforts were futile.

Titans had the Female Titan surrounded, ripping into her flesh.
.

"It's no good!" Hange said.

They continued the slaughter.

Titan blood splashed on Erwin's cheek and dissipated without him noticing.

He closed his eyes. "All soldiers, retreat! Redeploy the formation! Return to Karanes District!"
.

A horde of Titans was gathered over the remains of the Female Titan while bodies of decaying others were littered around them.

Thick steam filled the air. Hange, Moblit, Mike, and other Scouts watched the scene in defeat.
.

"We've been bested." Erwin said.

Levi wiped Titan blood off his face and looked at him, hanging against a tree. "Don't tell me you-"

"This goes to show that the enemy was prepared to throw away everything. I never imagined our target would resort to Titan cannibalization to avoid leaking information..." Erwin said, watching as the Titans left a bloodied ribcage behind.

"After all that blustering we did in the courtroom." Levi said, "This is how it turns out. If we waltz back there now, who knows what'll happen to Eren or us."

"We can think about that once we've returned." Erwin replied. "We need to focus on returning without sustaining any further losses. For now, at least." He studied their environment. 'The steam is impairing visibility. It could hinder smoke signal communications.'

"I'm going to get my squad." Levi declared.

"Wait, Levi." Erwin said, stopping him. "Replenish your gas and blades first."

"We're short on time and I have enough on hand to last. Why?" Levi asked.

"That's an order. Obey." Erwin said.

"Whatever you say, Erwin." Levi said and looked forward and paused for half a second. "I'll trust your judgment."
.

A blue flare went up.

More blue flares were shot as the Scouts acknowledged the order.
.

"The retreat signal. We're all to withdraw and return to base on horseback." Nanaba told to Christa.

"Right!"
.

Across the forest, Ymir and Bert, and Sasha and Mikasa were staring at the flares as well.

"Yes! We can go home!" Connie said in relief.
.

"Looks like it's over." Gunther said, looking at the blue flare. "Let's get back to the horses! Prepare to withdraw!"

"Guess so." Oluo replied, standing up. "Let's go see what the bastard riding inside it looks like."

Eren tapped his gas canister. "I guess they found out about that titan."

"All thanks to you!" Petra said and smiled, checking her equipment.

"Hm..." Eren said and let out a sigh. 'It's not over yet...'

After some moments, a hooded figure in a Survey Corps cloak loaded a flare gun and fired.

Gunther noticed the green smoke in the distance. "Oh. That must be a message from Captain Levi. We're rendezvousing with the captain! Save the chatter until we're home!" He landed on a branch and fired off a flare in reply.

The hooded figure dropped the flare gun and pulled out the swords and took off.
.

Horses raced through the Forest of Giant Trees, with Erwin, Mike, and Hange in the lead.

"Erwin, why did you have Levi replenish his supplies when there's no time to waste?" Hange asked, looking to him.

"The female was eaten. But did you see the person inside get eaten?" Erwin replied, staring straight ahead. "I didn't."

Hange gasped. "Are you saying?!"

"Yes. If, as you hypothesized earlier, we're dealing with a type that can move to an extent after transformation." Erwin explained. "We should have prepared for this possibility, just as a precaution." He frowned at the oversight. "And, if this person had equipped themselves with 3D gear in advance that means they're now wearing one of our uniforms... and have blended in with the rest of us soldiers."
.

Eren had almost caught up with his squad.

"Captain Levi?" Gunther asked, unsure. "No, it's not! Who are you?!"

The mysterious figure immediately launched toward him, slicing him with her swords.

Gunther's body hit the tree, hanging upside-down limply.

They gasped in surprise.

"Gunther!" Petra said with wide eyes. "No way..."

The hooded figure continued to fly through the trees.

"What the hell?!"

_________________

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

10.3K 309 58
Nº1 #Leviackermanxreader 14.01.2024 Nº1 #LeviAckerman 14.01.2024 Nº1 #Leviackermanxoc 14.01.2024 Nº1 #aotfanfic 20.01.2024 N°1 #levixoc 20.04.2024 It...
242K 5.5K 30
🔞This is a very dirty Eremika fanfic, if you are not mature enough please click away. That being said: In an alternate universe where the Yeager bro...
1.6K 6 17
after Eren dies Ymir gives him a second chance to restart life and be with Mikasa
23.4K 574 12
This is a continuation of my first book "In an Alternate Reality-An Attack on Titan Fan-Fic". This book will pick up were I left off. It will cover a...