11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat

AUTHOR'S POV:

"Before we go, I've a suggestion." Mikasa said and turned to Armin and Connie.

"A suggestion?" Connie asked.

"We could use that Titan to our advantage." Mikasa said.

"That Titan?" Connie asked, unsure.

Armin's eyes widened as he gets it. "That's a good idea. It attacks other Titans and doesn't show any interest in us. So if we could lead it to the supply building. If it takes out the other Titans for us, we just might all survive!"

"Lead it?" Connie said. "How do you hope to lead that thing?"

"My guess is it's fighting on instinct. If you two take out the Titans around it, it'll go and look for other Titans. That'll naturally lead it toward Headquarters." Armin explained.

"So we should risk our necks for some hopeful guess?" Connie asked.

"But if it works, we could eliminate all the Titans attacking HQ in one fell swoop!" Armin argued.

"We should try it." Mikasa said.

"Are you serious?" Connie asked.

"It's better to take a gamble than wait for our inevitable deaths." Mikasa said and turned around. "Let's go."

"You want us to fight Titans with a Titan?" Connie asked.

"Yes, exactly." Armin replied.

Connie smiled nervously. "If we fail, we'll be laughingstocks."

"If we fail then they could never find out." Mikasa said, looking at them from her shoulder.

"But if we succeed, everyone survives." Armin said and smiled.

"It all comes down to resolve." Mikasa said and ran.

"Alright! Fine!" Connie said and chased after them.
.
.

'Am I really cut out for this? Am I really fit to have a position of responsibility?' Jean closed his eyes, standing on a rooftop along with his comrades. Suddenly, he came to a realisation. 'No! No, now is the time.' He noticed the Titans all gathered in one place, their backs turned.

"Now is our chance!" Jean yelled, "While the Titans are preoccupied over there! Now! Make for HQ while we have the chance!" He ordered and took off running.

Marco and Sasha followed first.

Reiner, Bert, and Annie went next.

'Now is our only chance. If we run out of gas, it's all over anyway.' Jean continued to run, jumping from roof to roof.

"Everyone, charge!" Jean ordered and they followed without hesitation.
.
.

Mikasa sliced the nape and killed the Titan in her path, clearing the way for Connie, who was carrying Armin in his arms.
.

The Attacking Titan pushed a smaller Titan back.

Finishing it, he turned toward HQ, noticing the Titans.
.

Jean, Marco, and Sasha maneuvered between three Titans.

One caught Jean's leg.

Cutting off the finger, Jean shot the hooks and moved forward.

He landed on the roof and ran.

"Jean!" Marco said, running next to him. "Thanks! You helped us get away!"

"Huh?" Jean said, looking at Marco.

"It's all thanks to you! It's like I said before! You make a good leader!" Marco said with a smile.