4. Indebted

AUTHOR'S POV:

A few months had passed since Mikasa got a second chance and started living with Eren and his family.

In those months, Mikasa and Eren got so much closer than they were in their past life.

Grisha and Carla were grateful for Mikasa for bringing a good change in Eren.

Everything was going on fine but Mikasa was conflicted as the day when Shiganshina would be breached was coming closer.

Currently, she was out with Carla somewhere.
.
.
.

Eren and Armin were sitting under the lone tree at Wall Maria, talking about the outside world.

After a moment of talking this and that, silence fell upon.

Eren let out a sigh, looking ahead at the Walls. "Armin, I've something to say." He looked at Armin.

Armin looked at him. "What is it, Eren?"

"It's about Mikasa." Eren said with a serious expression.

Armin grew concerned. "What about her? Is everything alright?"

Eren nervously smiled. "Everything is alright, Armin. She just went somewhere with my Mom this morning."

"Oh ok." Armin said. "But what do you want to tell me?"

"There is something off about her that I couldn't understand." Eren said.

Armin just looked at him with confusion and curiosity. "Huh?"

Eren let out a sigh. "I mean, for someone who saw their parents getting killed, she moved on faster..."

"Eren, what does that even mean?" Armin asked.

"I never told you the full events of that day." Eren said and looked at the Walls. "And I'm surprised you're not disgusted by me for what I did."

Armin looked at the Walls and let out a sigh. "Well, you did that to save Mikasa's life. So, it's justified." He looked at Eren. "But, how did you muster enough courage to do something like that?"

"When I saw her parents bloodied body, something within me snapped." Eren said. "I just... wanted to save Mikasa at any cost. I don't know why... It always feels like we were destined to meet that day... like that..."

Armin kept looking at him with wide eyes. "I see..."

Eren looked at Armin. "You know, she always seem to be a mysterious person to me."

"Why?" Armin said.

"When the third kidnapper was strangling me, I just told Mikasa to fight." Eren said. "Before that, she was shaking but once I said those things, she suddenly got the confidence to kill that kidnapper. Don't you think that's a bit weird?"

"I..." Armin said, eyes still wide.

"She is also a lot stronger for someone our age." Eren said. "Don't you think?"

"I... I do." Armin said. "Do you know why?"

Eren let out a sigh and looked ahead. "No... But that's not it." He looked at Armin with a serious expression. "Ever since the day she came to my life, I started to see people closer to me die in my sleep."

Armin gasped. "Really?"

"Yeah." Eren said. "First, it was my Mom and then it was Hannes-san. Both of them were getting picked up by the same titan with a wide grin."

Armin kept starring at him with wide eyes.

Eren shook his head. "That's not it. In one dream, you seemed to be an adult and I was... beating you up."