you're all i want | t.n, d.m

By ThisIsKanitha

18+ | In which a brokenhearted girl tries to move on from her first love, Draco Malfoy, to let herself fall i... More

You're All I Want
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
epilogue
theo's letters to celeste
thank you

extended epilogue

3.4K 93 136
By ThisIsKanitha

Celeste had always wondered what came after death.

Would she land in front of the doors to Heaven? Would she turn into another creature such as an animal? Would she merely start a new life as a newborn? Or would she be made of ashes until the very end of times?

Dying felt like emerging into a dream only to be awoken in another place. In a place where she was happy and not in pain. But she was alone.

When she got to that new place, there was a grip of remorse clinging at her heart as she thought about Theodore. About the way she had left him so relentlessly.

Perhaps she was selfish?

But she knew she had made the right choice because she was so tired of fighting. There were days where she fought harder than others, but on her last day, she was going through so much affliction that she couldn't properly breathe. She needed to think for herself—just once. She had to let go.

She kept an eye on him, though. Tried to look after him in the best ways she could. Stayed by his side and managed to let him know he wasn't alone—he would never be alone.

Celeste was undeniably proud of the person Theo had become. He cared so deeply for his family and friends. Worked so hard to save lives and honoured Celeste's legacy by running the café. Looked after Celestine and Scorpius like they were his own. He was a great man—he had always been.

When he looked up at the stars, she knew he was searching for her amongst all that brightness in the galaxy. But he would always manage to find her and she truly didn't know how he did it. And there was that look in his eyes—that silent promise saying they would meet again.

She would wait for him, even if it meant waiting a thousand lifetimes.

She had spent her whole life waiting and looking for the love she deserved, and Theodore had always been the only one to care for her in a way no one had ever been able to. So what harm could it do to wait a little bit more for him?

***

Theodore woke up when he thought he wouldn't.

Well, he felt different. Felt lighter in a way. Felt as though the heavy weight of life had been lifted off his shoulders.

The morning sun was shining softly upon his skin, casting a delicate warmth he hadn't felt in days. Last night, though, when he fell into a deep slumber, it was raining.

And last night, he did not look the way he did in this very instant.

There were no mirror where he awoke, but taking a mere glimpse down at his hands, it seemed as though he went back in time.

The skin on the back of his hands appeared smoother. There were no scars of numerous battles. No callouses after a long life spent trying to save lives at the hospital. But his ring was still there.

Because he had never taken it off. He refused to be separated from the love of his life.

Theodore didn't know where he was. All he understood was that he wasn't in rainy London anymore.

This place looked familiar, though. He felt a wave of nostalgia seep through his veins as he observed his surroundings, realising he had been here once. A long time ago—a lifetime ago.

Birds were chirping and flowers were evidently blooming everywhere. The cobblestone street was free of pedestrians although the fresh smell of coffee was wavering in the air, indicating the small town was alive despite its calmness.

Theo didn't know where he was headed to but he kept walking, hands buried in the front pockets of his jeans. He looked around him, not recalling where he had seen this place before. Was it in a dream? Or maybe he traveled here but couldn't remember when and how and with whom.

Two children ran out of a small restaurant—the blond-haired boy was chasing after a brunette. He frowned, images of Celestine and Scorpius invading his mind.

Theo had to pinch himself because he was certain he was stuck in a dream. But he wasn't. The scoring pain on the back of his hand after pinching himself felt as real as ever.

Theo's frown deepened the instant the girl shouted something at the blond, who happened to be her brother—she spoke Italian.

He felt a breeze caress his cheek—so soft and delicate. Synchronised to the light-feather touch, a scent he had been dreaming of filled his nostrils: cinnamon.

He couldn't help the bizarre feeling taking over him as he took another look around, trying to decipher reality from the deepest desires of his heart.

He took another glance at the two children, only to find them already looking at him.

"Il lago," the brunette said softly.

The lake. Theo had to find the lake. He didn't know why, but something deep inside his chest told him he would find what he was looking for over there.

***

Theo felt like he couldn't breathe. Couldn't move. Couldn't blink. Couldn't believe his own eyes.

She was there.

Celeste—his Celeste was here.

Standing in the clear water, her silken caramel hair was flowing down her back. The murmuring of the waves was mesmerising, hypnotic. But not as much as the woman standing mere metres away from him.

She had her eyes closed, her head slightly titled back as she was letting the sun's rays cast warmth upon her freckled skin.

She was wearing a summer dress and Theo couldn't believe she was real. Couldn't believe this was real. She was an angel, he was certain of that. So maybe he was actually in Heaven.

He approached her cautiously, his heart thundering like tidal waves inside his chest—a full contrast to the peaceful scenery.

The sand crunched beneath his footsteps. His hands felt sweaty, which made him brush his palms on his jeans. The sunlight beamed on his whole body, making him feel more alive than ever.

At the sound of his footsteps inching closer, Celeste straightened herself, her eyes opening. But she didn't move, though.

Time seemed to deliberately slow down as he observed her chest heave. He could only see her profile, but Gods, was she the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

He took a guess her brown eyes were a mix of honey and gold and amber in this very instant. Theo had never forgotten the colour of her irises—he refused to forget a single thing about her.

Theo felt his heart beat so erratically fast against his thoracic cage that he thought the organ would explode before he could even reach where Celeste was standing.

He took a step forward. And another one. And another until that sweet, woody, slightly citrusy scent became more evident as her perfume flew around her.

And finally, honey met green, and the world stopped spinning. Sounds ceased to exist. Their entourage turned to dust and what only mattered in this very instant was them.

Theodore released a shaky breath at the sight of Celeste's honey eyes. Big, bright, glinting as though stars were dancing in them, full of life. He couldn't find the words to describe how exquisite she looked under the Italian sun. Couldn't utter how broken he was until he found her again. Couldn't do anything except let the threat of tears brim his eyes as he stared at her.

Celeste smiled as her eyes, too, were roaming all over his face. She couldn't believe it—that he was finally here.

"You found me," she murmured so quietly he thought she was still a dream.

His heart cracked right open at the sound of her delicate voice—not with sorrow but rather with untameable happiness and unmistakable euphoria.

This was the moment he realised had never stopped loving Celeste.

He swallowed thickly and took a step forward. When Celeste allowed him to touch her with a small nod of her head, he cradled her face—so carefully and thoroughly affectionate as though he was scared to shatter her to pieces.

She felt so real. So perfect in the palms of his hands.

He caressed her cheekbones with the pads of his thumbs, not knowing where to settle his gaze because he couldn't stop staring at her. Couldn't even breathe as he was finally holding her.

He looked into her eyes and breathed. She reached out, brushing a wild lock away from his forehead. Her light-feather touch awoke his body cells to flames, made his heart skip a beat.

He had waited so many years to feel this again.

She placed her hands on either sides of his neck, and her smile never once faltered.

Theo placed his forehead on hers, and in sync, they closed their eyes, embracing this moment.

"Is this real?" Theo asked in a breathy voice.

He felt Celeste nod, and he couldn't help but smile. "It is, my love," she whispered. "You're here with me."

When he opened his eyes, he found Celeste already looking at him through her long lashes, a smile still drawn on her lips.

She laughed softly, and that made him laugh, too.

All the turmoil and questions running through his mind seemed to fade away the very instant the melodious harmony of her laugh echoed.

"I can't believe it," he mumbled, flickering his eyes between hers. "How—how did I end up here?"

Celeste let go of the hold on his neck, instant coldness rushing over him. He watched her in awe as she took a few steps back, a grin drawing itself on her lips.

She threw her arms up in the air, "You don't recognise this place?" She twirled, the water at her feet lapping.

Theodore didn't even noticed he had stepped in the water with his shoes on, the hem of his jeans already soaked. He couldn't care less. He was happy. He was with the love of his life. He was okay.

He tucked his hands in his pockets, shrugging. "Should I?"

When Celeste chuckled, his stare froze on her face, and only did he realise how young she looked.

He took another look around and he finally understood.

"We're at Lake Como," Celeste stated quietly. "We're back to being nineteen. Back to when we were happiest together."

Theo hated himself in this very moment. How could have he forgotten about this magical place? They had spent a whole summer together here—made love, lived life at its fullest, were indeed happy.

"Is this another life?" He asked, brows knitted together as he reached for her again, taking her small hands into his.

She instantly laced their fingers together and she inhaled, realising how perfectly fitted they always had been. "Sort of. It's like, the after-life. But we came back to the place and the time where we were at our happiest."

Theo flickered his eyes between hers and breathed. He brushed a strand of hair away from her cheek, tucking it behind her ear. She leaned into his touch, eyes briefly fluttering close. "Were you here the whole time?"

Celeste nodded, "I waited for you."

"All this time?" He sounded puzzled, not believing how patient she was.

"Always."

It seemed as though all these years spent apart had never existed. As though all the pain he had endured whilst being without her had faded away.

Theodore brushed her cheek, sauntering his gaze over the freckles splattered on her cheeks and nose. He was shaking—he still couldn't get a grasp on this new reality.

"I can't believe you're real, Celeste," he whispered. "I've spent so many nights thinking of you and of meeting you again. I wished upon the stars to never forget about you. I just—" he paused, smiled, breathed. He merely took the time to just look at her. "I can't believe I've found you."

"I know," she said. "But we're together now."

Theo wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her into his chest. Her own arms snaked around his waist, and she pressed her ear to his thundering heart.

"I'm not letting you go." He tightened his hold over his witch and kissed her forehead. Placing his chin atop her head, he sighed contently. He felt whole. Felt at home. "Ever again."

After a few minutes that could have turned into an eternity, Celeste pulled away. She looked up at Theo, and he saw behind those honey eyes of hers that there wasn't a shadow of a doubt that she had never stopped loving him.

"You're a dream," he whispered softly. "You feel like one. But I don't want to wake up."

"You won't." She gave him a smile that could have outshined the sun itself. "You're here with me now."

"Good," he said hoarsely. "Because I am not leaving."

"I know," she beamed.

He took ahold of her jaw, his thumbs brushing her cheeks. The world was still at a full stop but neither of them seemed to care. They were together at last, and that was all that mattered.

"Are you going to keep staring at me like that or are you going to kiss me?"

Theo chuckled at her question, head thrown back. He shook his head when he met her gaze again. The pad of his thumb grazed the seam of her lower lip, his eyes magnetised to her mouth.

"I haven't seen you in almost sixty years, Celeste. Can't I just look at you?"

It was her turn to laugh softly. But she couldn't help it—she kissed him first.

She pressed her lips onto his in a delicate, tentative way. His heart burst open, goosebumps rose on the skins of his arms and all of his body cells were lit to flames.

Her fingers threaded through his hair at his nape and he could feel her smile against his lips. Automatically, his own lips curved into a grin, and he melted into the kiss.

He let a soft sigh against her sweet mouth, his brows knitting against hers. When they pulled away ever so slightly, Theo refused to open his eyes—terrified that if he did so, she would vanish and make him realise it was all an illusion.

Celeste pressed her forehead against his, and not even a heartbeat later, she placed one small kiss on his blazing lips. He exhaled shakily—she was real.

The moment she fully wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing her chest to his, Theo let go of all fears that were clouding his mind. His grip around her face tightened as though he didn't want to let go, his lips locking around hers.

He brushed the seam of her lips with his tongue and soon enough, their tongues entered a slow dance, contrasting with the wild beating of their hearts.

"I've missed you," he mumbled. He didn't waste another second before pressing their lips together, tilting her head so he could kiss her deeper, more intensely, more passionately.

"I know," she responded. She didn't need to tell him those words because he knew she had missed him, too. She put as much passion and love and affection in the kiss, silently proving all those intimate sentiments she felt for Theodore.

This was finally the life they had longed for—the one they deserved. The one where the torments of life were simply nonexistent.

The universe had decided to give them a second chance, and Theo wouldn't even dream of ruining this life.

He pulled away, breathing heavily. He grinned at the sight of her crimson cheeks and her dilated pupils and her ragged breaths.

"Remember when I said I would always find you?" She nodded, her eyes gleaming with tenderness at his words. "I meant it, Celeste. In every lifetime, it's you and me."

Theodore finally had what he always wanted. What he needed to keep going, and it was merely to be by his Celeste's side.

Together at last, that was the beginning of their true story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376 15 23
"Pick all the flowers of the world...you are more beautiful." After he's been despising a mudblood schoolmates of his for years, Draco Malfoy starts...
297 0 24
Theodore Nott is a quiet and reserved boy that usually can be seen alone in a corner with a book in his hand. Draco Malfoy, the arrogant, narcissist...
24.6K 611 38
"You're a good friend, Hermione." She narrowed her eyes at him. "So we're on a first-name basis now?" He shrugged. "I feel it's only fair after spend...
748K 24.8K 86
❝ π’π‘πž 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐌𝐚π₯𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐭 π₯𝐒𝐀𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧... ❞ theodore nott x fem oc *very slow burn* this book is...