Sonic X Reader; Behind the Sc...

By Silverx721

6 months. It's been 6 months since the end of the war; since she left the Resistance and Sonic; and (Y/N) is... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 23

568 33 9
By Silverx721

Aight! Hopefully I can get back into writing the fanfic this week and we can get back on track with the story :) I have like... Two other solid fanfic ideas after this one so I'm hoping to smash them out of the park! (lil hint; one is gonna be a 'classic' Sonic adventure, the other is gonna be more angsty, I hope you're all keen!)

Anyway, on with the story!

The next day rolled around quickly, and everyone was already preparing for the final battle. They knew it was going to be a battle and not just a simple mission, because these heroes have faced Eggman many times, and they knew he wouldn't let them go without a fight. This was only (Y/N)'s third, maybe fourth time if you count the fight with Metal in the city, and even she knew Eggman loves to put up a fight.

Even still, the (a/t) could help but feel nervous. She had gone from the past week of relaxing and recovering, to being thrown into gameplans and training. It was rather jarring, yet she couldn't help but feel happy, things were finally happening, and she was finally able to move on to the next step. Tails had given them a proper rundown of the plan this morning, making sure to include Silver and Haven as well. The fox had been adamant that everyone had to play a part, that any type of distraction would be enough to help, and the extra hands would be appreciated. It took a bit of convincing Haven to help out, but eventually everyone was on the same page. He wanted to use any and every asset the group had to make this as quick and easy as possible.

(Y/N) was going over the plan in her mind as she practiced targeting tree branches with her grappling hook. Haven was going to be used as a distraction from outside the building, using her arrows to break the cameras outside and hopefully distract Eggman for a moment while Sonic and (Y/N) sneak in through the front again. This saved her from having to get too close, and she could stay hidden in the trees, so Eggman wouldn't be able to identify her. Silver was going to go with them, however he was more like their guard, if any robots appeared, he would throw up a shield to give the two a chance to get into the elevator, and if anything went wrong with it, he'd be able to help them.

Considering Eggman will be expecting them, they hoped that at least blinding the cameras would stop him from being able to do anything for a while. However, they were also expecting him to be prepared, so Tails had studied the blueprints of the building, and if anything went wrong while the two were in the elevator, he knew how to get them out safely. Otherwise, he'll be giving the two instructions on where to go and what to look out for. The fox was pretty sure he'd be able to hack into Eggman's security as well and was planning to scramble the cameras on the inside and keep an eye on the doctor's moves. If Eggman moved, he'd be able to alert Sonic and (Y/N).

And finally, it would come down to Sonic and (Y/N) to do the rest of the mission. Tails told the (a/t) that she should practice using her grappling hook, as it could be a useful item when they reach the bottom level of the base, plus she can break any cameras she sees if she feels it's necessary. And that's just the plan on breaking into the base. Tails hasn't shared any information for what to do once Sonic and (Y/N) reach the bottom level, though he reassured both of them that he'll be able to tell them at the time, there's far too much information to dumb on them right now.

The (a/t) and hedgehog both agreed, it would be better to think on the fly, if they had time to think on perfecting the plan, it could go side-ways. All they know for certain is that Eggman will attack, and they'll need to be ready. Thankfully, they had the blueprints for that.

That was this morning, and everyone had gone their separate ways to prepare. (Y/N) was currently swinging her grappling hook around, wrapping it around branches and breaking them off. Her aim was already pretty decent, but she knew she would need the whole day to perfect it. Silver had taken Haven to the base, giving them both the chance to scope it out and understand their own parts properly. Tails was still on his laptop, which was now plugged into a small box to keep it charged and was working on the earpieces everyone would have to wear for the mission. Sonic, well who knew where he was right now.

The (a/t) let out a grunt as she tugged on a branch, struggling to break it off. The sun beat down on her, and for the first time since being in this dense forest, she could really feel the heat. Finally, the branch snapped off and hit the ground with a thud, and (Y/N) let out a sigh, wiping her forehead. Her fur felt wet from sweat, and she decided that was a decent enough time to take a break. Overworking herself was not on the agenda.

Adding the branch to the slowly growing pile, the (a/t) placed her grappling hook on the ground and sat against the tree. She leant her head against the bark and let out a sigh, revelling in the gentle breeze that moved through her fur. For the first time in a while, she felt light, like she was floating up into the sky, and there were no more worries pressing down on her shoulders. She'd have her family back by tomorrow if everything goes well.

She opened her eyes. How long had it been since she'd seen her family? Months, for sure, but just how many? A year? It felt like it had been nearly a year. The floating stopped, and it felt like she had fallen back to Mobius, the bark feeling rough against her back. Doubt settled in her stomach once more, and she bit her lip. What would they think of her, after all this time?

The breeze picked up, and a flash of blue moved across her field of vision. Sonic stood in front of her, a lop-sided grin on his muzzle and a hand on his hip. He gave her a nod, before plopping himself down next to her,

"Hey, how are you holding up?" He asked.

"Better since yesterday." She said, lowering her gaze to the bright green grass, "Though, I suddenly feel... Nervous."

Sonic's grin faltered and he tilted his head, "Why's that?"

"It's been ages since I've seen them... Since we got separated." The (a/t) hugged her knees, "I haven't seen them since before the war. They got kidnapped because of me. I can't help but wonder... Well, what do they think of me now?"

The hedgehog watched her for a moment, leaning back against the tree next to her. He gave her a small smile and placed a hand on her arm,

"I doubt their feelings for their daughter have changed. You saved the world. That's pretty damn impressive."

"I guess... But they don't know that yet, unless Eggman blabbed to them. Who knows...?"

Sonic nodded, leaning his head back against the rough bark and moving his gaze to the broken branches above them. He was silent for a moment, moving his hand and wrapping his arm around the (a/t)'s shoulders. She immediately leant into him, and a soft smile spread on his muzzle,

"It's definitely going to be strange." He said, almost thoughtfully, "But I think we can dwell on the awkward family reunion as soon as everyone is safe. Dontcha think?"

"Yeah..." (Y/N) let out a sigh, closing her eyes as she leant her head on the hedgehog's shoulder.

Sonic was right, it wouldn't do much use to worry about it now and worrying over her family's reactions to seeing her again, and hearing of her stories, it could end up being another distraction. And we all know how the last distraction turned out. The (a/t) took a moment to catch her thoughts, organise them as best as she could, and focus on the 'now'. She should be practicing her aiming for this mission, though she was already feeling pretty confident in that area. Maybe it was time to move things to the next stage,

"We should practice the swinging technique." She said, getting to her feet now. Sonic followed her with a chuckle, scratching the inside of his ear,

"Oh yeah, I forgot we'd have to worry about that. So you'll be Tarzan and I'll be Jane?"

"I guess so. I've... Never held anyone while using my grappling hook before though."

"Well, from experience it's sort like..."

Sonic moved next to (Y/N) and wrapped his arm around her. He pressed her to his side, his hand resting firmly on her hip. The (a/t)'s cheeks reddened as she wrapped her arms around his torso, looking up at him. The hedgehog's cheeks were a tad pink and he gave a bit of a shrug,

"It's probably the most secure way to hold a person with one arm. I'm supporting your back and holding you at, well, the easiest spot to hold that isn't asking for a slap across the face."

"Done this to many girls huh?"

"No, I've just made sure if I ever do, I don't get slapped."

The two shared a chuckle, before Sonic stepped back and told her to try it out. She nodded and, feeling rather awkward and tense, attempted to hold Sonic the way he held her. It was definitely more difficult considering he was slightly taller; she just couldn't seem to get a proper hold on him. He moved an arm around her to hopefully assist, but the (a/t) knew she wouldn't be able to carry him like this. She stepped back with a sigh and shook her head. Sonic's ears lowered, and he scratched his cheek, trying to think of a solution.

"You know... You don't run the risk of getting slapped across the face." He said, and the (a/t)'s cheeks warmed even more, "If you think it would make things easier of course."

"If it's okay with you."

"I don't really mind." The hedgehog shrugged, "Especially if it makes it easier for you."

(Y/N) smiled at that, though she gave a teasing 'mhm' as she wrapped her arm around the hedgehog's waist and hesitantly placed her hand on his rear. Sonic didn't react, keeping a serious face as he let her get comfortable, before suggesting shooting the grappling hook up to one of the higher, non-broken branches to see how she'd go with her other arm in use. She nodded and obliged, managing to wrap the hook around a thick branch. It felt right, like everything was slotting into place, and the (a/t) felt like she'd be able to do this.

Sonic was about to suggest pulling them up, but she was already a step ahead of him. Pressing the trigger on the grappling gun, the wire made a wiring sound as it started to coil up, and the two lifted off the ground. It was perfect, (Y/N) was holding Sonic with ease, and the hedgehog seemed pretty comfortable too. His arms had wrapped around her chest when they shot up, and the hedgehog was looking around in awe. This was going to be easier than the two thought.

"Well... Time to practice swinging then huh?" The hedgehog asked.

It was hours later when the two finally stopped training. The sun was starting to set behind the trees, an orange glow being cast over the trunks and through the leaves. The two heroes were laying on the ground, (Y/N) panting and Sonic resting with his arms under his head. The (a/t)'s arms felt numb from swinging around so much, but she was sure she'd be able to do it again tomorrow. She felt lucky she could even hold Sonic, but that's because of the months at war and always being on her feet.

Of course, their technique wasn't perfect; if they had to swing from the ground up, Sonic had to give them a bit of a push to get up into the air. It wasn't too much of a problem though, the two got used to reacting quickly pretty easily. In fact, they were really good at adapting to each other in general. It felt great to be this connected to someone. Maybe it will make this mission easier for them, as much as the (a/t) was feeling really nervous about it.

The final show down, tomorrow, in only a few hours. (Y/N) stared up at the sky as clouds moved overhead. Her family will finally be safe, and she'll be able to see them again. And... Then what? What's supposed to happen after this battle?

After her arms stopped feeling like spaghetti, the (a/t) sat up and glanced at Sonic, who seemed to have dozed off. She chuckled slightly, unsure of her future, but not too worried about it. The blue hedgehog's ears twitched and he opened an eye, sitting up as well.

"Time to head back?" He asked, letting out a yawn.

"Yep." The (a/t) nodded, "I'm starving."

The two got to their feet and made their way back to the ruins, back to camp. As they walked, Sonic placed an arm around (Y/N)'s shoulders, giving her a warm smile. They were ready, and they were going to succeed. They're heroes after all, they have to win, right? Either way, the (a/t) couldn't have asked for a better team, and with Sonic by her side, she knew she could do anything. It finally felt right, like this chapter of her life was finally going to end, and she was excited for the next phase, whatever happens next.

"Also, I didn't want to say this earlier, in case it made you feel embarrassed, but you totally liked touching my butt."

She elbowed Sonic in the ribs, the hedgehog letting out a struggled sound of laughter. Yeah, things were finally looking up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.8K 1.9K 18
My first Sonic x Reader story! (Y/n) is a creation of Eggman. She's kind hearted and gentle at nature. What happens when she meets Sonic and friends?
41.8K 1.1K 27
(Shadow x Child Reader). Not a romance. A young girl has found herself caught in a dangerous situation. There's nowhere to go-not without them findi...
6.8K 178 11
I look around and feel a really bad headache. "Where am I?..." I look down and see my hands full of blood. " How?! "I roll my eyes and try to get the...
5.3K 147 14
I had an idea, and I can't really say that it's a good one. Might as well start posting it! Months after the war ends, Sonic's buddy comes back to Re...