Marry Me-A Countryhumans Rete...

By alexwritesfanfiction

(I watched a movie called Marry Me featuring Jennifer Lopez on a plane once and after rewatching the movie, I... More

Chapter 1 - Simple Lives
Chapter 2 - That Damn Ringtone
Chapter 3 - Building Pressure
Chapter 5 - A Prince Versus A Wolf
Chapter 6 - Getaway Car
Chapter 7 - File the Papers
Chapter 8 - Interaction In Action
Chapter 9 - Will It Blend
Chapter 10 - Press Conference
Chapter 11 - Doggo!
Chapter 12 - Strike!

Chapter 4 - Something Different

91 4 3
By alexwritesfanfiction

"Yeah, I mean-"

Japan had been talking on the phone with her friend, checking documents on her computer when South Korea came bursting in.

"일본, something's wrong!" (일본-ilbon-Japan)

"何?" Japan had been taken aback as she ended her call, turning around suddenly as she took notice of the situation. (何-nani-what)

"Check CHCN!" The Korean scrambled off with her phone to let the rest of the team know, while Japan herself went straight to the news site to go check up on what Korea was talking about. Her expression immediately dropped in horror as she discovered what was happening. This couldn't be happening, not so soon to the wedding ceremony. She immediately closed the laptop, running over to catch China as he made his way off the stage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you ready for the wedding?" Mongolia shouted as he finished up his song, singing with all his heart as the crowd went wild yet again. America and Belarus again were having some fun times together, moving about, just waving their hands aimlessly, while Russia was standing to the side, still holding America's poster.

One thing that had happened in the crowd however were that some people had caught on to the same situation South Korea and Japan had just caught wind of, their gasps and epiphanies drowned out by the ignorance of the rest of the crowd. 

Mongolia had made his way down off the stage once he finished his song and greeted the audience yet again, the voices of their cheers and screams following behind him as he made his way down to meet up with his fiancee. 

And there he was, staring in confusion as he turned around as his team began pulling their phones out, their faces of confusion, horror, expression filling the room.

"什么? What's everyone looking at?" China was so utterly confused at the situation unfolding right before him. He turned around, confused as Mongolia came up right behind him. (什么-Shénme-what)

"Oh, China, love. I know we're not supposed to see each other before it starts but-" Mongolia had begun his embrace towards the East Asian before Japan stepped in to pull him away.

"No," was all that Japan had to say before grabbing China's hand and leading him away from his beloved, an expression of pure perplexity coming upon him as Japan lead him towards the elevator that would take him up to the stage.

"And now, the moment you've been all waiting for!" A loud voice boomed outside as China's and Japan's eyes moved upwards, their gaze pointing towards the outside stage as they gulped in sync, knowing that the show couldn't stop now. 

"What's everyone talking about, 日本?" China asked in worry as he followed the woman, making his way onto the elevator. (日本-Rìběn-Japan)

"Nothing, 中国," Japan tried to calm the Chinese man down as his face became more worrisome by the second. (中国-Chūgoku-China)

"Why is everyone so shocked?"

"Nothing's wrong."

"Why is everyone looking at their phone?"

"Forget about them!"

"Give your phone, 日本!" The Chinese man said sternly, holding out his hand for Japan to give him her phone. Japan nodded silently, giving her phone off to the other East Asian for him to see. 

"It might be a hoax."

China's expression had dropped suddenly as he finally knew the severity of the situation. His gaze, his dreams, his beloved, they all had been shattered as his eyes were stuck, glued to the screen. He couldn't believe what was happening. 

"A CHCN exclusive, you won't believe this. An anonymous poster sent us this video of China's husband to be, Mongolia, cheating on him with an assistant, Kazakhstan," the video played with zero sympathy towards anybody on China's team, specifically China. He was devastated, his eyes only making one quick glance towards Japan as he let the phone drop out of his hand, Japan catching it at the last second.

The elevator suddenly activated, taking China towards the stage. His eyes suddenly came off the screen as he let Japan's phone drop towards the floor, her eyes looking worrisomely towards the Chinese man, as if to say:

"I'm so sorry I couldn't help you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Marry Me! Marry Me! Marry Me!" the unknowing crowd cheered in epic excitement as music began to play, the elevator showcasing China in his beautiful suit and glory. Except China himself didn't feel beautiful, he felt awful. 

The love of his life, the one he thought he was bound to be with, had cheated on him. He just wanted to leave the concert and call the whole thing off. Except he couldn't. His head had been hung up, his facial expression ashamed as he stared blankly into the distance. He had to make an announcement. The show must go on after all. His eyes scanned the audience, most of them having no idea what was going on. His face turned to the musicians playing the song, and to the dancers who were obviously doing their best. China held his microphone, trembling a bit as he finally made his voice heard.

"H-hey, can you, stop the music?" China's voice jittered a bit as the musicians stopped playing on his discretion. "And can, you turn up the lights?" 

"Oh no.." was all Japan had to say as she stood by the sidelines. 

The lights came up, brightening a bit. The audience, including Russia, America, and Belarus, were very confused at this point on what was happening. 

"Yeah." The man made his way down the stairs, slipping and falling for a second as the audience gasped in sudden collective horror. 

"We love you China!" The message reverberated around the audience yet again as a message of support as he got himself back on his feet and sighed, taking a deep breath. 

"Alright. I'm okay." The man smiled to reassure his loving audience, before finally speaking what was on his mind.

"I'm told that, uh, 20 million people are supposed to watch me sing "Marry Me" to... the love of my life...and then watch as we take our vows." The crowd cheered, perhaps this was just a heartfelt emotional message that China had to say and get off his chest. Things would be fine, right?

Mongolia had scooted up right to Japan as he spoke directly to her. 

"I didn't think China would do this. Beautiful." Japan looked at him with a dirty look.

"So it's only natural that I would want to see who I'm talking to." More cheers followed, posters waving above the audience's heads as they clapped in excitement. 

"Probably didn't know about this, did you?" Japan simply stared at her friend as she gave her phone to Mongolia, letting him look at the headline, not even daring to take as much of a glance at the other Asian. His eyes glued to the screen.

"Only natural that I say something, if not about marriage, then about love. Because that's what we're all looking for, right?" Everyone cheered in agreement. "We get so caught up in what we want our lives to be that...we forget what our love actually is." The man's eyebrows furrowed a bit. A sudden pause of silence filled the crowd before China spoke again.

"A lie." 

The crowd gasped in synchronization, murmurs crossing from one side to the other. "A myth that you told yourself so long ago, that you forgot that wasn't real. But deep down, you knew." China hung his head up down, an expression of shame invisibly coming across his face as the crowd began to cheer him on again.

"You can do this, China! We love you, China!" The crowd cheered in affirmation, as if to say to him "We support you, China!"

China was in shambles at this point. He was about to cry, he literally wanted to die right now. But he couldn't. "Just get through this, okay 中国? Take a deep breath," was all that his mind was telling him right now.

And so he did, and the show continued. 

"He's making a fool of himself," Mongolia commented on China's expression. Japan's face only became enraged. 

"No. You did that."

China's eyes shed slight tears. "Somehow you knew. You realize that it wasn't love at all. You were just in love, with the idea of who you wanted that person to be. But you can't marry an idea." More murmurs followed.

"You know, they say, if you want something different you have to do something different."

China's eyes scanned the crowd. His body seemed to be acting independently of his brain, as if someone else was controlling him. And one person in particular caught his eye. A man with a tai-colored flag, one who seemed to sympathize, the same feelings he had been experiencing.

"So this time, for the first time. You make a different choice. You jump off a cliff so high you can't even see the fall. And you just, say yes." 

China's eyes began to wander towards a certain man in the audience. He had been holding a poster, a poster with two words on it, the pair of words that China's heart gravitated towards, and all of his other organs, including his brain, simply followed. Their eyes seemed to lock on each other, as if they understood each other's troubles at once,

"Why not. Sure, I'll marry you. You!" China pointed towards the Russian man. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marry me, marry me, say "yes"

For the rest, the rest of your life

Marry me, marry me, say "yes"

For the rest, the rest of your life

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 46 11
Hello! This is a book containing Countryhumans oneshots. I'm taking any suggestions anyone has, I will literally write almost anything. Please write...
933 22 6
{ countryhumans x reader } Earth, a magnificent planet with tons of life, enveloped in lush vegetation, inhabited by countless species of animals, in...
6.7K 196 9
America and Russia had always been quite the enemies, and of course they had got into an argument on the beach. Unfortunately for the two, a huge wav...
66.1K 1.4K 23
It was after the Cold War and right before America "killed" the ussr. The thing is though Country's can die it is possible you think. But it is not i...