Unwanted (Chicago PD)

By KNeill006

Cassandra Mills hates her family. She's only ever wanted to love them and be close to them but that doesn't r... More

51
Late again
Detention
Near Death
Walls
Glowing
Broken on the floor
Scratches
Tears
The Phone Call
Break in
Stay With Me
Betrayal
Talk To Me
Break Down
Concrete
Celebrations
New Years
Karaoke
Letters
New Family
Court
Panic
Teachers
Trouble
Given up
She's a runner
Its been dropped
Anger
Memories
Crash
Clearing things up
Hey, I Guess
Party Time!
One Game
To Family

Party

3.4K 55 6
By KNeill006

Cassie got ready for the party and was in a pair of black jeans and a white crop top with a green and black jacket. She skated to the local park to meet up with Millie, who walked to the party with Cassie.

"Hey, how have you been?" Asked Millie.

"Good. You?"

"It's alright. Nanny Janet came over and grabbed my face as usual. You're lucky you don't have to deal with her."

"I think I'd rather deal with her than be on my own."

"Shit. I'm sorry Cassie."

"It's fine. Let's get off to the party, yeah?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

Everyone was dancing and singing to Raise Your Glass by P!nk. Millie and Cassie were jumping up and down along with everyone else when the chorus came on.

"So raise your glass if you are wrong!"

"In all the right ways!"

"Slam slam, oh hot damn!" Everyone said as they bobbed their heads to the music and danced with their friends.

Pink and green lights were flashing around in the huge living room while blue lights were flashing around in the pool.

"Do a backflip!" Shouted someone to a boy who was stood on the roof.

Millie and Cassie were walking outside as a boy was flipping into the pool and everyone was cheering.

"What can I get ya, ladies?" Asked the bartender that Luke, Jason's brother, had hired.

"Two martinis please and two shots of vodka." Said Millie.

"You girls are going wild."

"It's a Christmas party with good tunes." Said Cassie.

"Glad you like the music." Said Luke as he walked up to them.

"It's a really good party." Said Millie.

"Thanks guys. Also sorry about my bother being weird the other day. Apparently it's how he talks to girls."

"You need to educate that boy before he meets the wrong person."

"Oh trust me, he already has."

"Can I buy you l-"

"No." Said the girls towards Jason before he could even finish.

"Go find your mates and leave the girls alone." Said Luke towards his brother who had walked off.

The girls had started to head towards a seated area when Luke stopped Cassie.

"What's up?" She asked him.

"I heard you were looking for your parents a year ago. I hired an investigator to look into it and I found something."

"Oh wow, you really didn't have to."

"No, you should know. I know what it's like to not know your real parents."

"You're adopted?"

"Yeah. My mom went to prison when I was three."

"I'm really sorry to hear that."

"Nah, don't worry. I've gotten past it."

"Okay. As long as you're good?"

"All good. Oh, here are the documents. I'd look after the party so you can really take the information in when you don't have alcohol in your system."

"Okay. Thanks again."

"No problem."

"See you around."

"Yeah, you too."

Cassie walked off to meet up with Millie and filled her in on what Luke had said. Part of her wanted to read it but another part of her didn't want to ruin the fun that she was having. She put the paper in her bag and zipped it up before tightening the straps on the bag.

"You wanna dance?" Asked Jason as he came up to them.

"No, they don't." Said Luke and pulled them off of the sofa and towards the basement.

"Are you about to murder us?" Asked Millie.

"Yes, say your last words now." Laughed Luke.

In the basement was a carpet floor with a pool table and a cinema room but the door was locked. The other room had laminate flooring and people were playing flip cup as well as beer pong.

"Enjoy ladies, my brother doesn't come down here."

"Hey! Millie! Cass!" Shouted Yaz as she ran over and engulfed them both in a hug.

"Isn't this great!?" She shouted.

"You're very loud." Said Cassie.

"Sorry!" She shouted in her ear.

"It's fine."

They were in the basement for about an hour, playing games before they stumbled upstairs and out into the garden again. Yaz was talking to Mille about the crash but Cassie's mind was somewhere else. She rummaged through her bag and found the piece of paper. She resisted the urge of opening it by grabbing another drink.

"Hey, I'm...uh...gonna head offfff." Slurred Cassie to Millie.

"Mhm, same. My sister is picking me up. Thank god my parents are out for the night. You wanna lift?" Said Millie as she stumbled over a few words.

"Nah, I'll skate home."

"Drunk?"

"YOLO!" Shouted Cassie as they walked out the door.

"MARKO!" Screamd back Millie.

"That's Marko Polo." Said Yaz.

"Yep. Bye." Said Millie and stumbled to her sister's car.

Cassie was skating home for a bit until she took a tumble and landed on the floor in the park. She stayed where she was on the floor and just looked up at the stars.

*Kelly's Pov*

"I hate Christmas Parties. Why do people do stupid things?" Asked Cruz.

"Dunno." Replied Gallo who had caught a ride back with Squad.

We were driving down the road and back to 51 when I looked out the window to see this girl completely waste. She was no longer moving after she hit the ground and I told Cruz to stop. I hopped out of the truck and ran over to hear coughing coming from the girl.

"I have to stop winding myself."

"You gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry." Was all she said in response.

"Don't drunk skate."

"Do you mean don't skate drunk?"

"Yep. That's the one."

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen. Nope. Fifteen."

"Name?"

"Cassie Mills. Nice to meet you." She said but didn't look at me.

"Kelly Severide, nice to see you again." I said and looked down at her.

She stood up quickly and hugged her stomach while she looked at the ground.

"Wow. You've grown."

"Mhm. No longer 4'10. I'm now 5'6."

"That's good. Why are you drunk?"

"I'm not."

"Walk in a straight line."

"Where's the line?"

"Stay where you are. Now walk to me." I said as I walked away from her and then stood in front of her but further away.

"You are drunk." I said and caught her as she went to fall.

"Mhm."

She ran over to the bushes and started to throw up. I walked over to her and held her hair back as she started letting it all out. I gave her a mint to suck on before leading her back to the truck and grabbing her board.

"Where are we going?"

"Are your parents home?"

"Nope. They are in Spain."

"Okay. You can come back to 51. We have a spare bunk."

"She'll probably be sleeping on the bathroom floor." Said Cruz.

"Where's my bag?" She asked and started to panic.

"I have it. It's safe." Said Gallo.

"Okay."

I looked back at her to see her dropping in and out of sleep. She rested her head on Gallo's shoulder and snuggled up to him. He looked down at her and gave a small smile before hugging her into his side.

"Isn't she the kid who was looking for her parents a year ago?" Asked Capp.

"Yeah, she is."

"Why is she so drunk?"

"I don't know but she said something about her parents being in Spain."

"Left her here?" Asked Gallo.

"I think so."

"How horrible." Said Cruz.

When we pulled up to the firehouse, Cassie started to stir and ended up waking up. She looked around in panic, not recognising her surroundings. I quickly hopped in the back of the truck and held her hand to tell her it was okay. She looked down at me with teary eyes as she started to sniff.

"C'mon kid. You need sleep and water." I said as I picked her up and got her out of the truck.

--------------------

A/N: Hope you are enjoying this book, it's a bit sad, sorry about that. Also, I've just bought myself a longboard, (a type of skateboard) if anyone had any tips, please let me know. I have no clue how to skate.  :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 517 35
Jordan Hermandez used to be a ranger with Jay but left a few years before him due to her mother's illness. They never spoke again or even knew if eac...
22.1K 425 31
Sandrelly Santos packs up and leaves Brazil abruptly. She's happy to leave her friends and family so whatever happened in Brazil has really scared he...
44.1K 886 36
Warning: This is a prequel to what is currently a nine part book series. I suggest you read those or at least the part in "Protect Her" titled "OC In...
325K 5.8K 51
Arbor Alexander has worked in the West Side for the past six years at the 17th District. She was patrol for three years before getting promoted to Ho...