The Art Room [Oikawa x Reader]

By ohshooot

As I opened the door to the art room, I took one step in and froze. There, standing right in front of my eyes... More

Chapter 1 - First Day
Chapter 2 - Kicked Out
Chapter 3 - Hangout
Chapter 4 - No Big Deal
Chapter 5 - Party
Chapter 6 - Stuck
Chapter 7 - Bathroom
Chapter 8 - Sorry
Chapter 9 - Practice game
Chapter 10 - Sleepover
Chapter 11 - Disaster
Chapter 12 - Cuddling
Chapter 13 - Friends
Chapter 14 - Talk
Chapter 15 - Serving Lessons
Chapter 16 - Date
Chapter 17 - I Like You
Chapter 18 - Competition
Chapter 19 - Drawing Lessons
Chapter 20 - Confused
Chapter 21 - Sketchbook
Chapter 22 - Truth or Dare
Chapter 23 - Not a Dare
Chapter 24 - Suspended
Chapter 25 - Late Night Hangout
Chapter 26 - Back again
Chapter 27 - Rejection
Chapter 29 - Jealous
Chapter 30 - The Morning After
Chapter 31 - Never Have I Ever
Chapter 32 - Tell Me
Chapter 33 - Feelings
Chapter 34 - Excuses
Chapter 35 - Study Session
Chapter 36 - Confession
Chapter 37 - Boyfriend
Chapter 38 - Congratulations
Chapter 39 - When in Brazil
Chapter 40 - I Love You
Chapter 41 - Show Me
Chapter 42 - The Art Room

Chapter 28 - Beach Day

5.7K 162 58
By ohshooot

"Y/N, we're going to the beach today." Aya tells me over the phone. It was our first day of summer break, and Aya's first plan was to hang out at the beach. Usually, I wouldn't mind doing this, but the fact that I basically rejected Iwaizumi just a few days ago, I've been feeling a little awkward. It's weird, Iwaizumi seemed to be talking to me normally at school afterwards, sure it was kind of awkward at first, but he seems fine now. I, on the other hand, can't seem to be myself anymore.

It's only been a couple of days, Y/N, you'll get used to it eventually.

"I'm coming to pick you up in an hour. We're meeting the boys there." Aya continues.

"It seems like I don't have a choice..." I mutter.

"Yeah, you need to get over your weirdness with Iwaizumi, and sitting inside all day won't help. Also, it's really nice out."

I only respond with a groan. I was still laying in my bed. Summer means I can sleep in until one pm, but Aya woke me up at 11.

"I'll text you when I'm here!" She ends the call. I set my phone aside and bury my face into a pillow.

Ok, this is fine. I won't be an awkward mess at the beach today. We're just gonna have fun. Fun with friends.

After finally getting up and making my bed, I chose the bathing suit and cover-up I was going to wear. A simple bikini, nothing too fancy, I don't have a lot of options when it comes to my selection of bathing suits.

Aya arrived at my house a little earlier than she said. That isn't anything out of the ordinary though, she gets too excited and anxious sometimes.

"Alright, are you ready to have fun?" She enthusiastically cheers as I enter her car.

"Totally." I sigh.

"Don't be all mopey when your there."

"I won't. I'm letting out all my negativity in here so I can be positive at the beach."

"Don't toss your negativity onto me!"

"Aya, I don't think that'll affect you too much." I state. She laughs, and I can't help but smile a little. Her happiness can be contagious.

. . .

"Hey guys!" Aya waves to the two boys sitting on their towels in the sand. Oikawa and Iwaizumi waved back as we made our way over to them.

"Ok, what should we do first? The volleyball courts are just over there... or we can go swimming! It is really hot. And then we can also get ice cream!" Aya's energy is through the roof. What the hell is she on right now? She doesn't even give any of us the chance to reply once she starts taking her shorts and t-shirt off, revealing her bathing suit.

"I guess that means we're swimming." Iwaizumi shrugs, pulling off his shirt and following Aya to the water. I watch them enter the water and glance over at Oikawa. He also looks at me. It's weird, after I said my actual feelings to Iwaizumi, Oikawa didn't talk to me as much as he used to. He didn't visit me in the art room during the last few days of school. I mean, it's not like he visited me every day before, but for some reason, there was a part of me expecting him to show up. It's probably because I rejected his best friend.

"Are you planning on going in?" He asks. His shirt was already off, so I'm assuming he was.

"Obviously, just give me a chance," I say, awkwardly taking off my clothes.

"Ok..." He pauses for a moment, until I just have my bathing suit on, "Last one there has to buy the other person ice cream!"

He really waited for me just to do that?

"Since when were we betting?!" I ran after him. This isn't fair, I wasn't even completely ready.

He laughed as he reached the water before me, "You're extremely slow."

"You're extremely unfair. I'm not buying you ice cream."

Maybe I was imagining things. He's acting completely normal right now. Maybe I wanted him to talk to me more?

No, that's definitely not it.

Maybe I was the one being weird.

"How about we make a bet that everyone agrees on," Aya chimes in, "Let's play chicken fight!"

"Ok, whichever team loses has to buy the other team ice cream." Iwaizumi suggests.

"What are the teams then?" I ask. Everyone looks around. I'm not sure what the others were thinking, but I was thinking of what would be more awkward. Me sitting on Iwaizumi, or Oikawa's shoulders. And the best person to partner up with would be Aya.

"Let's draw straws," Aya runs back to the sand, picking up three sticks, "Whoever picks the smallest one is with me."

I prayed that I would get to be with Aya, but Iwa was the one who picked the smallest stick.

Damn, I'm stuck with Oikawa.

I guess this is better than being with Iwaizumi, I already feel so awkward around him. And realistically, the chances of me and Aya winning against the guys- actually, the chances of me winning against anyone in this group, is very low. Sorry, Oikawa, I'm probably a disadvantage.

"You better be stable; I can't win if you aren't." I say, poking Oikawa's arm.

"So, it'll be my fault if we lose, huh? It's alright, I'll make sure we win." He smiles at Iwaizumi.

"Heh, sure you will." Iwa chuckles. Does Oikawa seriously get competitive with everyone?

"You acting like a dickhead makes me want to lose on purpose." I state.

"No, don't do that!" He says.

"Ok, let's start!" Aya claps, getting ready to hop onto Iwaizumi.

"Get on." Oikawa leans over, his body covered by the water only showing his head, making it easier to climb on his shoulders. My face scrunches up into a sour expression before I make any contact with him.

I hope this doesn't take too long.

I place my hands on his back, pushing myself up. His hands wrap around my thighs, holding me in place. I completely forgot that he would have to hold my thighs in this game. This is more awkward than I thought it would be. The game started once Aya counted to three. We grab each other's hands and begin the competition.

The game didn't last long. Aya is stronger than me, so she easily threw me into the water, along with Oikawa. Well, I was fully underwater. Oikawa just stumbled back a little bit.

"What the hell was that?" Oikawa splashes water onto me when I reach the surface.

"Screw you, it's not like you were any help." I reply. Aya and Iwaizumi were still laughing at us. I don't blame them, we probably looked like fools.

"You'll make sure you win, hey?" Iwa teases. Oikawa, being the child he is, sticks his tongue out.

"Y/N, you know what flavour I like, right?" Aya grins.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, yeah. We'll buy you guys' ice cream."

"But before that, we're gonna play some volleyball," Aya leans her arm on Iwaizumi's shoulder, "We'll beat you again!"

"We can do another bet if you want." Iwa adds.

"No, I do not want to spend more money-"

"Sure," Oikawa cuts me off, "Winner gets free dinner tonight."

Is he serious? Does he know I'm on his team?

"Can we just... take a break from bets?" I sigh

Oikawa furrows his eyebrows, "There's no fun in that, Y/N."

Yeah, I wasn't expecting him to agree with me. But at least I tried.

We made our way to one of the available volleyball nets, Aya and I started by doing rock paper scissors for who starts. Thankfully I won, which means Oikawa gets to serve.

I toss the ball to him, "Don't mess up, please. I'll be broke if we lose."

He nods, doing his little routine before every serve. I'm expecting him to get it over. His serves are pretty reliable. Obviously, it'll be more challenging outside though, with the sand and slight wind. But I'm sure he knows that.

...

Well, clearly, I was wrong because he just served it into the net.

"The sand! I can't jump properly in the sand!" He whines.

"Stop making excuses and just get it over. You don't have to do your big fancy serve every time." I say.

"Whatever, just get ready to receive."

After playing a few rallies, Aya and Iwa were the first to reach 15 points. We lost once again. I let myself fall to my knees in the sand. I was tired, and I just lost even more money. This would have been completely fine if there wasn't a bet attached to it.

"Thanks for making that bet. Do you realize who you're playing with right now? I'm not as good as you guys." I huff.

"It doesn't matter who I'm playing with, there's always a chance for us to win," Oikawa says, out of breath, "It won't cost too much if we're splitting, right?"

"I dunno... I don't need to think about that right now."

"Good game, guys." Iwaizumi says.

"Yeah, it was fun! Wanna play again?" Aya cheers. How is she so full of energy?

"Sorry, but I'm gonna go lay in the sun. Maybe go in the water for a bit." I stood up, dusting the sand off my knees.

"I'll play," Oikawa says, "we can just pass the ball around, the three of us."

"Then, we'll meet you at our spot when we're finished," Iwa adds, "If that's alright, Y/N."

I nod, "Yeah, you guys go ahead. I'm too tired..."

They wave to me as I walk away. You know, today hasn't been bad at all. Well, except for all the money I'll be losing. I thought it would be more awkward. Between Iwaizumi and me, I mean. But everything seems normal. Everything seems like how it was before Iwa and I liked each other. Although, there is still the thought in my mind that I possibly ruined our friendship. What if he's only talking to me to keep the friend group together?

I spread out the towel I brought on the sand and laid down. I was at peace, soaking up the sun, which is an activity that I don't normally do. I'm stuck inside, drawing, most of the time.

Maybe I should try drawing outside sometimes... getting some sun can be nice.

My thoughts were interrupted by cold water hitting my stomach. I open my eyes to see one of those balls that soaks up water next to me, and a laughing Oikawa.

"You dickhead! What is your problem?" I stand up, picking up the ball and attempting to do the same thing he did to me, but he easily catches it.

"You looked pretty peaceful there. I just had to take the opportunity." He shrugs.

"Aren't you supposed to be playing volleyball with Aya and Iwaizumi?"

"Yeah, I'm just getting water." He says, searching his bag for his water bottle.

"Oh," I glance at the ball he left on the ground and pick it up. It still had a decent amount of water soaked up.

"Dammit, did I forget it at home?" Oikawa runs his hand through his hair.

"No, it's right here." He turns to me, and before he could even react, I threw the ball at his chest. Ok, I was trying to go for the face, but my aim sucks more than I thought.

"That was a shit throw, it's supposed to be more like this," The ball is headed in my direction again, but I manage to dodge it, and it lands in the water. I ran after it, and Oikawa also raced towards it. Luckily for me, I had a head start, so I got the ball before him. He tries snatching it from my grasp, but was unsuccessful, as I got to throw it again. I miss though, and it goes even further into the water.

Oikawa splashes water onto me, before going after the ball again. I wipe the water out of my eyes, knowing I won't be able to get the ball before him, but I still try anyway. He picks it up, quickly throwing it my way. I barely avoid it again and try doing the splash trick he did to me, to slow him down. I attempted running after the ball, but he was able to grab a hold of my wrist.

"Let go! This is unfair!" I complain. My complaints were quickly interrupted by him lifting me up and tossing me into the water.

As I reach the surface, I'm greeted by his laughter, "Wow, you should see your face right now!"

"Yeah, well, I wasn't expecting to be thrown into the water! This sucks, I think I got water in my nose..."

As I was rubbing my nose, I noticed something. My bathing suit top felt loose. I reached behind, feeling the strings on the top of my bathing suit had been untied. Oikawa's laugh stopped once he noticed the concerned look on my face.

"Wait, what's wrong?"

"Um... Oikawa?" I say, "Could you- uh... tie my bathing suit... please?"

My face started to heat up. I couldn't believe there was a possibility of me accidentally flashing Oikawa.

"Oh, yeah, of course."

I turn my back towards him, holding my top up with both hands. He begins tying it. His hands would occasionally brush against my skin, causing my face to turn even redder.

Why do I feel so nervous?

"There you go."

"Thanks..." Before I face him, I splash water on my face. It was feeling way too hot for some reason.

He raises an eyebrow, "What was that for?"

"Nothing, it's just hot out. Y'know, it's nice to feel the cool water." I lie.

"Were you blushing?" He smirks.

"N-no! What?"

"Look! You're literally blushing right now!"

"Yeah, because you said that!"

He laughs as I cover my face with a hand. I felt extremely embarrassed. How could I get all flustered over Oikawa tying my bathing suit?

"Hey, Shittykawa! I thought you were coming back to play!" Iwaizumi's voice interrupted us.

"Right, sorry, Y/N decided to throw a ball at me!"

"Uh, no, you did that!"

"We're gonna get dinner now! Alright?" Aya says, folding up the towels we laid out.

"Ok!" Oikawa yells back. Damn, I completely forgot about the fact that we'll be paying for dinner.

"Oh, and don't worry," Oikawa turns back to me. I squint my eyes, not knowing what he's talking about.

"I won't tell anyone about how flustered you got." He smirks, again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 8.7K 46
{ Oikawa Tooru Fanfic} ** In which their destinies crossed path in the most illogical and magical way that the both of them could ever imagine. "Y_Y...
66 3 1
AL CREDIT GOES TO : izayes angst with happy ending "sorry, it's just... you've been amazingly kind to me these past few days. ...but i'm still not su...
6.3K 322 14
His cheeks were dusted pink and he was as stoic as ever. Yet, deep down, and deep in his eyes, the eyes that brought me solace, I saw disappointment...
88.3K 2.3K 25
Sugawara didn't expect to fall for you, but he also didn't expect your complicated history with two other setters - Toru Oikawa and Tobio Kageyama. ...