Chapter 20 - Confused

As I was walking to school, I sent a text to our group chat, wishing Aya, Iwaizumi, and Oikawa, good luck in their tournaments. It was only going to be me at school for the next few days, with no friends. I didn't mind it, but I have to admit, it is fun when we're all hanging out.

The first thing I did this morning was hand in my best art piece to the teacher that asked for it. The rest of the day was pretty boring. I made my way to the art room as soon as the end of the day bell rang. I wondered how many other people in the club had submitted something for this school vote. The only people who said they wanted to vote were the first year girl and the second year boy. I should really learn their names...

As I entered the art room, a few people were already there. The first person I noticed was first year girl and her group of friends. Great, do I have to listen to them gossiping all day? Especially that one girl I kicked out, she always talks about Oikawa. I'm surprised she didn't go to his game.

I set my stuff down and prepare my paints and a canvas. I was about to plug in my earbuds until I heard one of those girls call out my name.

"Y/N," The girl I kicked out says, "Can you come over here and show some of your art?"

I stared at her for a few seconds, confused. She had put on a fake voice, trying to sound nicer, and had a fake smile as well. Why does she want to see my art?

"Why?" I question.

"Because I want to see it? Why can't you show it to me?" Her fake voice was no longer there, she was getting annoyed now.

"Sorry, I don't have any of it with me." Plus, I don't trust her to have my art in her hands.

She scoffs, turning back to her friends and lowering her voice, "I guess that didn't work..."

She wasn't very quiet about that last comment. Maybe they were planning something. I didn't think they would actually do anything. I let out a sigh looking at my phone. I only just noticed the few texts I got from the group chat.

They won their games. Aya was texting in all caps, like she usually does when she's excited. Oikawa was doing the same, and Iwaizumi was telling them to stop spamming the group chat. I smiled, happy to know they won. They still have more games to come, and I'm hoping I can actually go to one, but knowing this art competition is coming up and I might be in it, I don't think showing up will be a possibility.

They told me to come see them in the gym when they're done their meetings, or practice, or whatever they did after the games. I was excited to see them, even if it's only been a day, it felt a lot longer than that.

I painted for a couple of hours until Aya texted me to come to the gym. I started to pack up my stuff but stopped myself when I felt someone stare at me. In my peripheral vision, I saw that second year boy.

"Y/N, you're leaving earlier than usual today, shouldn't you be focusing on winning the vote?" He says.

"Shouldn't you be focusing on your own stuff and not me?"

He was taken aback by my comment. I wasn't trying to sound rude or anything, I was only being honest. From what I know, he also submitted his art, why is he trying to tell me what to do?

"Plus," I added, walking to the door, "All we can do for now is wait. There's no need to spend so much time thinking about it."

He widened his eyes, parting his lips like he was going to say something, but it seems I left him speechless. I exited the room, making my way to the gym. I had barely even taken one step into the gym and Aya was already running toward me with open arms.