Chapter 30 - The Morning After

My eyes slowly opened, being greeted by the small amount of light peeking through the curtains. I was confused after scanning the room I was in, as well as the clothes I was wearing. I don't remember much after crashing in Oikawa's car.

Ah... this is Oikawa's room.

I pulled the blankets off me, hopping out of the bed. My feet stumbled, and I leaned against the wall for support. I guess I was practically half asleep, considering I had just woken up. Holding my hands up, I noticed there were a couple of bandages, and the blood from yesterday was no longer there.

I looked in the mirror on the other side of the room. The shirt I was wearing was a little oversized, along with the shorts. I could only assume they belonged to Oikawa.

Eventually, I decided to leave the room, making my way to the living room. I thought that would be where everyone was. But to my surprise, there was only one person there.

"Oikawa?"

His gaze shifted from his phone to me, "Oh, you're finally awake."

He sat up from the couch he was laying on and set his phone aside.

"Where's Aya and Iwa?" I ask, still feeling a little out of it.

"They left."

"Huh? How long ago?"

"Like, two hours ago, almost."

I widened my eyes, searching for the nearest clock.

1:43.

"Why didn't anyone wake me?"

"Aya told us it would be best to not interrupt your sleep," He states, "Plus, you looked pretty peaceful. It was nice for a change."

I rolled my eyes, and stared down at the clothes I was wearing, "Are these yours?"

"Yeah. Do you like them?"

I pause for a moment. Who put me in these clothes?

"Don't get in a panic, Aya got you all dressed." Oikawa cuts off my thoughts, basically reading my mind, "Anyways, there's some food leftover from this morning. Are pancakes good?"

I nod, flopping onto the other couch. Oikawa headed to the kitchen, leaving me alone in the living room. I scanned the room, just as I did with Oikawa's room. I've been here before, but it feels like it's been a while. After a minute of zoning out, something on the coffee table catches my eye. A magazine. For volleyball, to be exact.

I picked it up, beginning to flip through it. I was mindlessly flipping pages until one page made me freeze. There was a section dedicated to Oikawa and the other third years on the team. I skimmed through the text waiting to find something interesting.

Favourite food, milk bread... personal motto? Isn't this a volleyball magazine?

"Your personal motto is 'if you're gonna hit it, hit it till it breaks'? What the hell is that even supposed to mean?" I stifled a laugh.

"Exactly what it says." He sets a plate of pancakes on the coffee table, leaning against the couch to peek inside the magazine with me.

"What are you hitting until it breaks?"

He smirks.

"You know what, I shouldn't have asked that question," I quickly slam the book shut and sit up, "Thanks for the food."

"No problem," He replies, "So, do you remember anything from last night?"

"I wasn't that drunk, y'know," I take a bite of food, "I remember everything up until I fell asleep in the car."