KING | D.E

By writtenbybeellzz

Kyla moves from the hell that is her hometown, Compton. Her next chapter begins in North Carolina with her si... More

i.
ONE.
TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.
SEVEN.
EIGHT.
NINE.
TEN.
ELEVEN
TWELVE.
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN.
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN.
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN.
NINETEEN.
TWENTY.
TWENTYONE.
TWENTYTWO.
TWENTYTHREE
TWENTYFOUR.
TWENTYFIVE.
TWENTYSIX.
TWENTYSEVEN.
TWENTYEIGHT.
TWENTYNINE.
THIRTYONE.
THIRTYTWO.
THIRTYTHREE.
THIRTYFOUR.
THIRTYFIVE.
.
THIRTYSIX.
EPILOGUE.

THIRTY.

1.9K 106 3
By writtenbybeellzz

KINGS POV.
13/2/22

I opened the passenger door and Kyla hopped out. Today everyone was at my moms for dinner, just a regular family dinner and a lil for my birthday.
My mom called me and cussed my ass to make sure I bring Kyla. So here we was...a little late but that's my fault I can't keep my hands to myself.

"I feel like I'm walking weird." Kyla said making me laugh.

"You good baby." I assured her.

"I got anything on me?" she asked as she pulled her dress down.

I turned her around, "Yeah." I said before smacking her ass.

She rolled her eyes and pushed me back. We walked up to the door and I opened the front door since this lady likes to leave it unlocked. As soon as we stepped in the house Kobe and Jace ran over. Was it to see me? Nope, they was all over Ky.

"You guys are getting so big." she said as she hugged them both.

Isaac made his way over and gave me brotherly hug, "Where's my sister in law?" I asked, I hadn't seen her in a long ass time, got me thinking they not together or something.

"She at her moms, I gotta talk to y'all also."

"Bout what?"

"You gone keep ya mouth shut?" he asked and we both nodded.

"Y'all go sit back down." Isaac directed the boys back to the living room.

"We having another baby but she ain't feeling too good. And we ain't letting everyone know just you two."

"Congratulations, if you guys ever need a babysit-" Kyla said but I quickly interrupted her.

"Ignore her, babysitting ya kids is a traumatic experience, they go into my house eat my food and take my woman." I said and Isaac busted out laughing.

"You love them really...you wanna have em this weekend? Great they'll be there bright and early." Isaac said before quickly walking away.

"See look watchu just did." I turned to Kyla who was laughing.

"Shut up, I love babysitting them."

I could hear my momma's voice and she appeared out of no where. "What are you doing in this drafty doorway? Come in and meet everyone, how are you baby? It's been too long, I keep telling this boy to bring you round." My momma rambled as she hugged Kyla like she ain't seen her in years, we was here the other week.

"Hi ma, I missed you too." I said sarcastically as I hugged myself.

"Boy this ain't about you, cmon baby." she grabbed Kyla's hand and walked her into the kitchen with her, while I went into the dining room to walk out of the back door.

"Oh shit, Wassup cousin." I heard, I turned my head and it was my cousin Yasir. We all grew up together until him and his folks moved to Canada.

"Damnnnn. What's good man?" I dapped him up, I pulled away when I felt some little hands on me.

I looked down to see his son, the last time I saw him in the flesh he was a baby. "Damn, you a grown man now." I said and he giggled before reaching up for me.

So I scooped him up and he looked at me before playing with my chain. Clearly boys dominate this family, there are barley any girls, hopefully that don't happen when I have kids.

"You remember me?" I asked and he nodded.

"Uncle King." he smiled happily.

"Don't smile at him like that, he a opp man. Where you been man?" Yasir said making me laugh.

"I've been busy." I said setting Caleb down to his feet, but he stayed right there and held my hand.

"Mhm, business or pleasure?" he smirked.

"Both but mind ya business." I pointed in his face.

"If I ask Aunty she gone tell me." he said referring to my mom.

"No she won't." I shook my head, thank God my mom didn't have a big mouth. If I told her something then it would stay with her to the grave.

He smacked his lips, "You so secretive it's annoying,"

I laughed at the fact he was actually annoyed about not knowing my business. After saying hello to the people I liked I went to find my mom, Caleb was still holding my hand and following me around.

"Ma the food is ready?" I asked and she nodded as she laid out some trays.

"It's been ready, they all too busy running they mouths instead of feeding them." she said.

"Hello." Caleb said, I turned my head and he was talking to Kyla who walked over.

"Hi cutie, who's this?" Kyla asked me.

"My cousin's little boy." I said, Caleb dropped my hand and reached up for Kyla to pick him up.

"What is with you and kids?" I chuckled and she shrugged before picking him up.

I felt myself before pulled back into the kitchen, I turned and it was my mom. So I followed her over to the counter which was the better idea since she couldn't pull my big ass anywhere.

"You need help?" I chuckled at her suspiciously looking around.

"Babies are drawn to naturally good and nurturing people. So you take care of her and don't let her go." she said to me, I was listening to what she was saying but I noticed she was getting emotional.

"Ma why you getting emotional?" I frowned and she quickly wiped her face and shook her head.

"Nothing nothing...I just I keep thinking of your father. The one thing he wanted was for you boys to be happy. And I was scared your scary ass wouldn't find anyone and Joe you've found the sweetest girl- and -and" I had to stop her talking cos she was full on crying about to make me cry.

Losing my father was the worst thing to happen to my mom, we all know that. That's why she enjoys having us all around, it reminds her of the good times.

"Ma stop crying, you getting ya self worked up over nothing." I gave her a hug only for her to slap my arm.

"I'm not crying over nothing. You know what I'm talking about, you were hard headed when you were younger. I really thought you would be a grumpy single old man." she said making me laugh.

"Thanks ma." I said sarcastically.

"Right, here make yourself and Kyla a plate before they fast asses get in here." she handed over two paper plates.

I walked over to the other side of the kitchen to see Isaac holding two plates while Kyla filled them with food. "Baby they not your kids." I said and she laughed.

"I didn't realise you and your brother were both useless so I helped him." she said making Isaac roll his eyes.

"I'm not useless." he smacked his lips.

I made us both a plate, then I noticed Caleb was still hanging around so I made him a plate too since his daddy was no where to be seen.

Kyla walked into the dining area and all the kids followed her like ducklings and their mother. She set all their plates down, as she walked away Kobe tried to follow her.

"Boy sit and eat." I said pushing his chair in.

"I want Ky." he pointed to the doorway.

"Eat your dinner first." I said before walking back to the kitchen.

When it comes to cookouts I hate eating outside. And this my mommas house so who gonna tell me I can't sit in the dining room? Kyla frowned once she saw that I was going out to the backyard.

"You're anti social you know that?" she said and I shrugged. I pulled out a chair for her and we sat down. The door opened and Isaac walked in with his plate of food.

"Ky you good as hell with them, how come you two don't have kids yet?" Isaac asked and my foot flew and kicked him under the table.

"Shit." he chocked on his food, quickly hitting his chest.

"You like having teeth in ya head?" I asked him, and he held his hands up in surrender.

I hate people asking me personal questions, especially when Kyla is involved. Turning to look at Kyla, she didn't say anything, she just ate her food.

|

As soon as I saw Kyla head for the bathroom I quickly
followed her upstairs. I was ready to go home and had been for ages. We finished dinner hours ago meaning I should been in my bed by now.

"Boy you scared me! What are you doing?" Kyla asked before stepping into the bathroom.

"You ready to go?"

"If you want, you not having fun?" she chuckled.

"You know damn well my social battery died two hours ago let's go."

"Uh baby can I pee first?" she asked and I stood back waiting. She rolled her eyes and pushed me out.

So I waited for her to be done then we headed downstairs to say goodbyes. I said goodbyes to the cousins I liked before doing the same to my brother.

"Uncle you going now?" Jace asked tugging my hand.

"Yeah imma come see you soon aight?" I said and he nodded.

I basically had to drag Kyla away from my mom, "Ma you see us all the time."

"No I don't, here don't forget these." she handed over some containers of food that she'd packed up. I gave her a hug before we left and headed back home.

|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 643 23
David Brewster, a New York gangsta, has always been running the streets. The streets is all he knows. Alexis Bryant, a single mother, is a local str...
1.5K 45 18
When Ahzaiya Lewis returns to Jamaica and meets a her brothers best friend she knows she should stay away from him... What happens when she has no wh...
111K 5.5K 28
Layla Love is the daughter of a notorious gang leader and plans on taking over as soon as she can get this easy task finished. Layla can only move up...
21K 898 50
Kierra ran away to nyc to find a new life and career. Due to family issues she was having. She meets East's and fall in love .. something's she is no...