Rebirth of Poisoned Empress...

נכתב על ידי alyun100719445

Shen Liang was beautiful and cold like jade, but he was also extremely cruel to his enemy. Pei Yuanxian who k... עוד

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Untitled Part 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128

Chapter 13

1.9K 50 5
נכתב על ידי alyun100719445

Dull blue, dark black, bright yellow, verdant green, blood red... The fabrics that were left were those that had an ostentatious, vibrant color. No matter how he looked, that was all that remained. Shen Liang was only fifteen. He would find it hard to look good in any of these colors. If the attires were made in the slightest sense, gaudy, Shen Liang wouldn't be able to go out in public.

This was the fabric they wanted him to choose from. The fabrics were good materials anyway. If he looked like a fool in his new attires, they could still push the blame on him, saying that he was the one who chose the fabrics himself.  

They sure had calculated this out well. Not only could they win back their reputation through spoiling the heir, but also would succeed in suppressing him a notch. Shen Liang couldn't but sneer, but his expression maintained its indifference.

Seeing that he hadn't chosen anything even after a long time, those present looked on with a schadenfreude amusement. As long as it was someone from the main house, those from the second and third family wouldn't like them. It wasn't that they couldn't tell Shen Liang was different, but so what? It would be for the best if Shen Liang was able to see past Liu Shuhan's intentions and directly confront her. The more chaotic the main house became, the happier they would be. 

As for Liu Shuhan, the mother-daughter pair, this was their ruse. How could they not take pleasure in deriving Shen Liang's misfortune?

"Then red. In the past, didn't the priest hired by mother say I was a calamity? Perhaps the red can suppress the misfortune within me. Who knows if I'll end up implicating someone in the future?"

Shen Liang picked up the red fabric and spoke of his constellations nonchalantly and with an underlying message.

The faces of those present in the courtyard couldn't help but contort. Although they all knew the matter with the constellations was nothing more than a fate Liu Shuhan pinned on Shen Liang, but what if, just what if, it was real? They couldn't shake off the feeling of sitting on needles, especially Liu Shuhan and the old madame. What had happened that year couldn't have been pulled off so perfectly had Liu Shuhan been the only person who played a role in it.  

"Listen to this child. Do you mean to make your mother guilty? If it wasn't because the Marquis had been childless for years and the old madame was concerned, why would the master of the White Cloud Temple be called?"

Forced to endure her displeasure, Liu Shuhan instead smiled gently.

"Has mother misunderstood something?"

Shen Liang handed the cloth to Qi Yue before turning around and finding a chair to seat himself in, "I didn't accuse anyone of anything, and was simply resigning myself to my fate. Isn't mother thinking too much? Those who didn't know any better would think I was being unfilial towards mother."

The scourge of the stars was a fate they had pinned on his head, but they also didn't want others to know that they believed such witchcraft. They sure were greedy. How was it possible that Shen Liang would allow them both desires?

"This...."

Shen Liang had already accepted his fate. What else could she say?

Liu Shuhan suddenly realized that she had been rendered speechless by Shen Liang. If he continued, she was afraid her alluding him being unfilial would become another rumor passed around in the Imperial City. With the already present rumors outside and inside the manor, if that were to happen, her reputation would be ruined. 

"Enough. Speak less yourself. Xiao Wu is already home. Why bother mentioning the past again?"

The old madame gave Liu Shuhan a glance before calling out to Shen Liang amicably, "Xiao Wu, now that your eldest brother is a third-tier general, he's only one rank below your father. Don't do anything that would shame him. You shall start attending Tianmen Academy with Yang'er and the rest sometime soon."

In the past, she had never once taken a good look at this good "grandson" of hers. Now Shen Liang has repeatedly exceeded her expectations of him. She imagines that those five years in the countryside must have accumulated much resentment within Shen Liang. There wasn't anything bad with that. He would be able to stir the main house up a bit and she can also gain a sense of peace from that. 

"Mother-in-law, Xiao Wu just came home. I'm afraid there was no master to educate him well at the countryside. For him to attend Tianmen Academy so soon, I'm afraid he won't be able to keep up. In addition, he still has injuries on his body. Why don't we let him rest at home some more? Meanwhile, we can hire a master to tutor him before letting him attend next year?

Shen Liang hadn't even yet expressed his opinions when Liu Shuhan already refused for him. With the way Shen Liang is now, skinny as a bamboo pole that threatened to fall over when the slightest breeze hit it, if she were to allow him to go out and meet others, wouldn't she be confirming the rumors that she really does abuse the heir of the Marquis Manor? She had to at least let him gain some weight first.

"Mother is too considerate. Although I indeed haven't been able to learn much at the countryside, Dad did leave me a trunk of literature. I had already finished them, and I can cope with the courseload at Tianmen Academy. As for my injuries, it looks worse than it actually is."

With the turn of his head, Shen Liang smiled. Brilliance reflected in his piercing gaze. To use him to whitewash herself? Dream on.

"How can what is self-taught compare to what professional masters would teach? Mother is only thinking for fifth brother. It can't be that fifth brother still resent mother and is deliberately attempting to use such a method as to smear mother's reputation?"

Shen Qiang's hatred for him had long since reached an extreme. A delicate smile was plastered on her face, but her words lacked even the slightest courtesy. Even a fool could smell the gunpowder in her words and those from the second and third family were happy to watch with amusement. 

"Students taught at Tianmen Academy are separated into groups based on their level. I have nothing to say about seventh sister assumption but is seventh sister not afraid of the repercussions of my staying in the manor all day long? Those outside may suspect I'm being imprisoned. Now that eldest brother's reputation is well-known in the City, there should also be many who are intrigued about me as the heir of the Marquis Manor, right?"

His words not only satirized Shen Qiang's scheming remarks but also brought out Shen Da to threaten and intimidate them. Liu Shuhan and Shen qiang found it difficult to maintain their smile and Shen Qiang's beautiful little face became even more vicious. 

"Xiao Wu's considerations are reasonable. You shall report to the Academy the day after tomorrow. Ah yes, you're now fifteen. The time has come for you to marry. If you find anyone you favor, let grandmother know and grandmother will help you look into the matter."

The old madame's words had the intentions to side with Shen Liang, but also remind him of his place. Once bitten by a snake, the fear remains even after ten years. Liu Shuhan served as a constant reminder for the old madame every day.

But wanting to suppress him with marriage?

Ha! Even if he was going to marry, it would be her who looked into the matter for him. Who knows if she wouldn't end up looking into her own grandsons and granddaughters for him?

But she did remind Shen Liang that the matter with marriage had always been in compliance with parents' wills. His marriage was not under his control. He needed to think of a plan. Otherwise, he'd be reduced to a passive position. 

 Thinking of this, Shen Liang's eyes darkened, but he responded without a falter, "Yes. I have troubled grandmother."

"Since grandmother has already spoken, it would be improper to refute anymore."

Liu Shuhan, who had recovered saw that Shen Liang was about to leave and hurried interjected. After, she then turned to the old madame to say with a smile, "Mother-in-law, Xiao Wu has suffered these years at the countryside. As his mother, I can't help but feel distressed. See, the moment he returned, I had the housekeeper choose two clever Gers out and was prepared to send them to Xiao Wu's courtyard. Do you think we can have him take them back with him since he's here now?"

On the surface, she appeared to be asking for the old madame's permission but in reality, she said it for Shen Liang to hear. With the old madame's approval, even if he didn't want the Gers, he had no choice but to accept them. 

"He should indeed have some more servants to wait on him."

The old madame nodded in agreement, but...

But Shen Liang laughed at this time. Liu Shuhan and the old madame turned to face him with disapproval, "What? You're not willing?"

This little b*stard. Does he really believe his wings to have hardened?

Facing their anger, Shen Liang said unhurriedly, "Grandmother has misunderstood. It's just, grandmother, mother, have you forgotten how small the courtyard I live in is? Even with just the me and my two maids, Qi Yue and Qi Xuan, we think it's too crowded. What would happen if more people came? If grandmother and mother can convince father to change a courtyard for me, I will be delighted to take in a few more servants."

"...."

As the words fell, the room also fell into silence. Each breath taken by those present could be heard in the silent courtyard. Liu Shuhan and the old madame's faces turned black and blue, which was unspeakably ugly. They only wanted to send some servants to his quarters as means of monitoring him but neglected to consider a more crucial problem. Shen Liang's residential area was decided by Shen Ruiting. Without his approval, who would dare to change his courtyard for him? And in this matter, Shen Ruiting was unexpectedly insistent and adamant. More importantly, while they wished to monitor Shen Liang, they had no intentions of letting him live easily and dangle before themselves all day long.

"We'll discuss this matter about the servants in the future and I'll talk to you father about changing a courtyard for you another day."

Glaring fiercely at Liu Shuhan who had raised the proposal, the old madame then waved her sleeves and yawned with a fatigued pretense, "Alright. If there's nothing else, you can all return. This old lady is getting old and wish to retire. Xiao Wu, you are still injured and don't have to pay your respects these few days. Rest and recover well first."

Although she did have intentions of suppressing the main family, she could watch the Marquis Manor's reputation fall. There was still some time left in Tianmen Academy's fall break. They should take this time to allow Shen Liang to put on some more weight. 

"Many thanks, grandmother. This grandson will then head back."

After, Shen Liang stood up and paid his final respects before turning around and heading out the courtyard with Qi Yue trailing close behind. Liu Shuhan hurriedly took Shen Qiang to follow closely behind. When Shen Liang and his Ger had left the Lotus Courtyard premises, she called out to him, "Xiao Wu, those from the Fei Yu Pavilion will come to take measurements in a while. Why don't you come with mother to mother's courtyard and spend some time?"

"Mother? Madame Marquis, you are not my mother."

As there was no one else present, Shen Liang was also too lazy to keep up pretenses with her. He instead immediately laughed and taunted.

"You...."

She truly didn't expect him to rip off all facades so suddenly. Liu Shuhan glared at him, and Shen Qiang also couldn't maintain her delicate features. 

"Madame Marquis sure has quite the time to play a loving mother in front of me, but I suggest you be a good sister as well and send someone over to your maiden family. Inquire around. You will hear some interesting news."

After, Shen Liang flicked his sleeves and left. As she watched his back, Liu Shuhan couldn't react for a long time. When she finally recovered from her stupor, she sensed that she had underestimated this boy. Thinking carefully, back at the old lady's courtyard, regardless of whether it was the matter with the Courtyard or with sending Gers into his courtyard, Shen Liang had easily refused and turned her down with ease. In addition, all of his words and refusals were filled with sarcasms and provocation. Not only were they unable to gain any advantage over him, but Shen Liang had also made them suffer losses. 

"Mother..."

Holding her hand, Shen Qiang stomped her foot angrily.

"This f*cking b*stard!"

After recovering, Liu Shuhan gritted her teeth in hatred. She had miscalculated and was fooled by that b*stard!

Unbeknownst to her, Liu Shuhan was someone easily clouded by hatred and when she was, she was more prone to making mistakes. If not, Shen Liang wouldn't have decided to rip away all pretenses with her in the end.

"Liangliang, how do you know the maiden family of the Marquis Madame has encountered trouble?"

As the two of them headed further and further away, Qi Yue drew closer when he saw no other outsiders were present and around them. 

"The walls have ears. We'll discuss this once we get back."

Shen Liang gave him a light smile. How was it possible nothing would happen. The Ironclad Guards capabilities weren't exaggerated. Back in those years, even Qin Yunshen had designs and intentions of acquiring the Ironclad Guards and putting them under his rule. But the Ironclad Guards only complied to The Duke of Qingping's orders. Otherwise, even the old emperor wouldn't bear to ruin and destroy the forces along with Pei Yuanxian. With their capabilities, it would take less than an hour to confirm that the young master Duan Yu was indeed captured and kept at the bandits' den. His rescue is inevitable and through the process, several bandits would be captured alive for questioning. As for what would entail and follow, Liu Wenjin must have already received the news at this time, right?

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

753K 39.8K 21
This book is about the two daughters-in-law of Rajputs who have gotten married to the two Rajput siblings and are best friends as well even before be...
3.1M 70.3K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
1.3M 68.5K 59
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
3.7M 292K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...