KING | D.E

By writtenbybeellzz

Kyla moves from the hell that is her hometown, Compton. Her next chapter begins in North Carolina with her si... More

i.
ONE.
TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.
SEVEN.
EIGHT.
NINE.
ELEVEN
TWELVE.
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN.
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN.
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN.
NINETEEN.
TWENTY.
TWENTYONE.
TWENTYTWO.
TWENTYTHREE
TWENTYFOUR.
TWENTYFIVE.
TWENTYSIX.
TWENTYSEVEN.
TWENTYEIGHT.
TWENTYNINE.
THIRTY.
THIRTYONE.
THIRTYTWO.
THIRTYTHREE.
THIRTYFOUR.
THIRTYFIVE.
.
THIRTYSIX.
EPILOGUE.

TEN.

3.6K 164 22
By writtenbybeellzz

OMNISCIENT
23/3/20

After replying to some happy birthday messages, Kyla got up and started to get ready. Today was the big one, twenty one. But she didn't really celebrate her birthday. She was a little upset because Tyler hadn't messaged or called her. It was as if he'd gone MIA. So she said fuck it and called him patiently waiting for a reply. She didn't care about what had happened between them they were supposed to be best friends.

"Hello." a girls voice greeted.

Kyla frowned, she didn't recognise the voice "who is this?"

"Tyler's girlfriend who the hell is this?" the girl asked with pure attitude laced in her voice.

"Watchu answering my phone for?" Kyla heard in the background.

"Some girl called you."

Kyla heard Tyler mumbling something before the line fell silent, "Ky?"

"You have a girlfriend?" Kyla asked, she didn't care about him having a girlfriend. She would of appreciated him saying that rather than ignoring her for weeks, as if she's done something wrong.

"I was gonna tell you." he mumbled.

Kyla didn't care and low-key regretted even calling him so she hung up. She didn't have much time to think since the buzzer for her apartment door was going off.

Her apartment had become her own place and she loved it. The decor was just what she imagined. And even better, Blu loved it, which made Kyla even happier. She walked over and pressed the buzzer, seeing it was Jaylen and King. She opened the door, just in time for their appearance.

"Why the long face?" Jaylen asked while trying to give her a hug.

"Nothing." she said keeping it short, she didn't feel like explaining anything.

"Where you going?" King asked, seeing she was dressed and ready to go. Personally King didn't care about Jaylen knowing what was going on between them. But Kyla made it clear they weren't in a relationship so there was nothing to tell. King understood but he knew there was more to the story.

"To get food." she looked around to find her purse.

"You ain't doing nothing fa ya birthday?" Jaylen frowned, Kyla shook her head.

Jaylen himself had plans himself so he simply dropped off her gift and left. Leaving King with Kyla, he closed the door behind him.

"What's going on?" he asked, while following her into the living room.

"Nothing, thank you for the flowers." she said, this morning she woke up to a delivery of the most beautiful flowers. Which made her feel that little bit better.

"No problem....you busy later?"

"Why do you always ask that instead of say what you want to say?" she asked making him laugh.

"Fair enough. Can I take you out to dinner?" he asked while looking in her eyes. Kyla could have sworn she felt her heart rate physically start to speed up in that moment.

"Yes but only if you actually give me a dress code this time." she said and King nodded. She was tired of him saying just to dress comfortable.

They made a few arrangements for tonight before King grabbed his phone and tapped a few things. In a second, Kyla's phone pinged. She looked down at the notification, frowning.

"What is all this for?" she asked.

"If you wanna get ya hair and nails done before tonight." he shrugged.

"How much you think all that costs?" she chuckled, the amount was probably double what she pays and some change.

"Well it's yours." he said simply. Since King didn't want to leave her alone for too long on her birthday he took her out for breakfast before dropping her to a friends house to do her hair. Kyla was grateful for this effort he was making for her. It made her feel as if he really cared for her.

|

Kyla looked in the mirror making sure she looked okay. She questioned why King was making such an effort over everyone she knew. Her own sister hadn't even messaged her. Her phone started ringing and it was Tyler.

She declined his call, and blocked his number as she had nothing more to say. Kyla didn't know if it was a harsh decision but she knew their friendship wouldn't survive. Especially if the reasons for him ignoring her is a girl.

Meanwhile King was just finishing up getting ready. He walked outside and Jaylen was calling his phone so he answered.

"Where you going?" Jaylen asked, he'd arrived at the club to see him but Jas told him that King had rushed off somewhere.

"Taking Ky out." he was keeping it short, there was no reason to lie but he didn't want to give too many details out of respect for Kyla wanting privacy.

"Why?" he asked, King couldn't see his face but he knew Jaylen was mugging.

"It's her birthday nigga."

"Well she ignoring me so wassup with that?" Jaylen asked, in the last hour he had been trying to call and message her but nothing.

"Ian no mind reader but if I could guess it's because y'all think she stupid." King spoke bluntly, he didn't have time to play when it came to Kyla. They'd only know each-other for a couple months but they'd made a big impact on one another.

"Watchu mean?"

"You and Zara what you think she ain't clocked?" King asked, there was a moment of silence before Jaylen responded.

"How?"

"Like I said ian a mind reader but some advice, just because she's younger than you don't mean she stupid so don't treat her like it."

King found out about Zara and Jaylen being together,  literally yesterday when he saw them sucking one another's faces off. Not only was he disgusted but his heart broke for Kyla. Jaylen was the one person she depended on, and he'd decided to get with enemy number one. Jaylen and Zara had been trying to keep their relationship a secret but failed.

"Look I gotta go. Just think about what I said." King said before hanging up.

|

King opened the door and let Kyla walk in. They were shown to the table that he had reserved and they sat down placing their order. King could see she wasn't in a good mood. He didn't want to make the mood any worse but he did want to address the call he had with Jaylen.

"Jaylen called me before I picked you up."

"Mhm about what?" Kyla hummed as she sipped her drink.

"You. He said you been ignoring him." King said and she chuckled lowly.

"He thinks I'm a child that's why."

"You clocked ain't it?" King sighed, he planned on telling her but he realised this morning that Kyla already knew by the way she acted towards Jaylen.

Kyla nodded, "When?" he asked.

"When we were in my garden after the day at the zoo. I was sitting on your lap and I saw them walk in, making out and they went up to her room.They've been friends for years and he now discovers he likes zara?"

Kyla was mad for so many reasons and she wished she could put it into words. Zara had put her through so much, Kyla genuinely thought her sister was a bad person. But Jaylen was the kindest person she knew and she knew that Zara didn't deserve him.

"I don't get it either but don't let it ruin the relationship y'all got."

"Whatever let's talk about something else." King agreed to change topics, after all it was her birthday. The rest of the night was enjoyable, after their romantic dinner they took a little walk around the city.

It was an aesthetic scene, as it was dark and the city was lit up beautifully. Kyla was trying not to think about Jaylen but it happened anyway. Herself and King came to a stop at a ledge that looked out onto the river.

"I think time from Jaylen and Zara is what I need. He didn't want me to know for whatever reason so it's whatever." she shrugged off.

"I don't think he did it to be spiteful or sum baby." King pointed out.

"Maybe not but I still don't understand this all."

"It ain't to understand, you ain't gotta worry about them." King said and she nodded her head. He knew Kyla had enough going on in her head without the two of them stressing her.

There was a little chill in the air so they walked back to the car and headed off. As much as King wanted to stay with her he had to be up early tomorrow for work. But he did pack a bag of clothes just in case Kyla wanted him to stay over.

"Do you really have to work tomorrow?" Kyla asked not wanting to be alone tonight.

"Yeah, I gotta run a few errands too."

"You can't stay with me?" she asked and he hid his smirk.

"You really want me to?" he questioned only for Kyla to roll her eyes.

"I would ask if I didn't." he nodded and they both got out of the car. King grabbed his duffel bag before following Kyla up to her apartment.

King got Blu fed while Kyla got in the shower and washed herself up. Once she was finished she pulled on one of King's shirts and a pair of panties. She stood in front of the sink and brushed her teeth.

The door opened and King walked in, he walked up behind Kyla hugging her waist. His large hand smacked her ass making her jump. She rinsed her mouth before turning her head.

"We're gonna fight you know that?" she asked, King smirked and kissed her lips.

"You gonna fight me now or after you get your present?" King asked which instantly had Kyla excited.

"Cmon." he motioned for her to follow.

Kyla walked into the bedroom and plopped down on the end of the bed. King retrieved a velvet box from his bag and handed it over. She opened the box, seeing the cartier love bangle and ring.

"I told you not to." she said, Kyla had her eyes on the set when they last went shopping. And she had to stop King from buying it for her right there and then.

"Well I did anyway."

"Thank you." he leaned down to give her a kiss.

King wanted more intimately and so did Kyla. But he could see she wasn't ready, but she really did hope it wasn't an issue. They both decided going to bed was the best option since King had to be up in a few hours. So he turned out all the lights before getting into bed.

He laid behind Kyla, now spooning her. That was when he realised she'd removed her T-shirt. King's hands trailed up her stomach and he cupped her boobs.

"Thank you for today." she said sincerely, King kissed her neck a few times.

"You ain't gotta thank me baby." he replied.

It wasn't long before Kyla had fallen asleep in his arms. King pulled the sheets over her a little more before he fell asleep himself.

|

What do you think so far?
Comments for next chapter

|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

805K 19.4K 76
Kyla is a 17 year old girl who live in the hood , who is always fighting and who don't takes nobody shit. Not even her mama. When she gets into a fig...
66.3K 2.3K 53
Full Version of Short Story #1 One day Kyla is leaving a store when she sees a man and his woman having an altercation. She then vows that she will n...
2.8K 128 17
Kuvira Chanel Jones a single black independent businesswoman and mother of two kings.... David Brewster Jr a rapper/black independent businessman and...
29K 621 23
David Brewster, a New York gangsta, has always been running the streets. The streets is all he knows. Alexis Bryant, a single mother, is a local str...