KING | D.E

By writtenbybeellzz

Kyla moves from the hell that is her hometown, Compton. Her next chapter begins in North Carolina with her si... More

i.
ONE.
TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.
EIGHT.
NINE.
TEN.
ELEVEN
TWELVE.
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN.
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN.
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN.
NINETEEN.
TWENTY.
TWENTYONE.
TWENTYTWO.
TWENTYTHREE
TWENTYFOUR.
TWENTYFIVE.
TWENTYSIX.
TWENTYSEVEN.
TWENTYEIGHT.
TWENTYNINE.
THIRTY.
THIRTYONE.
THIRTYTWO.
THIRTYTHREE.
THIRTYFOUR.
THIRTYFIVE.
.
THIRTYSIX.
EPILOGUE.

SEVEN.

4.3K 158 18
By writtenbybeellzz

OMNISCIENT
5/3/20

Kyla was walking with Blu by her side, he was getting better at walking off the leash. She didn't feel like driving; herself and Zara still weren't talking so she felt like getting out of the house. It had been a whole month but she didn't care, she wasn't going to apologise. Zara was acting childish but Kyla refused to retaliate.

She noticed a car pull up which made her cautious but she noticed it was King's mustang. He got out and walked over to her, Blu instantly stopped and walked over to him.

"Traitor." Kyla mumbled to herself.

"Watchu doing walking around?" he asked, patting Blu's head

"I just wanted to get out of the house."

"So what, you just wanted to walk?" he asked knowing very well she had a car, Kyla nodded in response.

"Cmon get in, I'm taking you home." he said opening the back door and Blu hopped in.

"I don't want to I'm hungry." she frowned, she hadn't eaten all day.

"You always hungry."

"So can we get pizza?" she asked, King chuckled and nodded.

She got in and he drove back to hers so he could drop off Blu. Afterwards, King headed to the nearest pizza joint, he parked up and they got out. The water seated them in a mini booth, as he handed over the menus his eyes were trying to lock with Kyla. But she was too busy thinking of what to get.

"You good?" King asked which made the smaller boy jump.

The waiter didn't say anything he quickly rushed off. King shook his head and flagged down another waiter so they could order.

"Y'all fight a lot?" King asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah that's why I'm looking for a new place." she shrugged, her relationship with her sister had alway been bad so this was normal for Kyla.

"You moving again? Does Zara know?"

"No she doesn't care." Kyla shrugged while her eyes scanned around the restaurant.

"I know you keep telling me I'm nosey as hell but why you live here then?" he asked, they'd been seeing each-other everyday at the club. But he still didn't know anything about her.

"My mom died and Zara said I couldn't take care of
myself. What about you for a change? Since you never talk." she said, they were interrupted when the waiter came over with their drinks. 

"I got a couple brothers they live round here. Some nieces nephews." King shrugged as he didn't know what more to say.

"I bet you the odd one out right?" she asked making him frown.

"Watchu mean?"

"They all got kids but you?"

He nodded "And you single too?" she tried to hold in her laugh but couldn't. King's face was priceless when she said that.

When talking to oke another, they turned the conversation away from themselves when they wanted to talk about a different topic.

"You know housing is expensive right?" he asked, he understood that she wanted out because of Zara. But living alone wasn't cheap.

"Did you just call me broke?" she frowned, he sighed not wanting to offended her.

"No ma, I'm saying you young. Where you getting money like that?"

The nickname didn't got unnoticed "I don't like being called that. And I've worked since I was twelve I think I'll be just fine."

"My fault but twelve? Ya momma let you get a job as a kid."

"She didn't care." Kyla shrugged, she didn't want to get too in detail so she kept the answer short.

"So this nickname? I can't call you Ma?" King questioned, it was obvious she didn't want to talk anymore about personal details.

"Nope think of something else." she said popping the 'p'. King chuckled, he likes how blunt and straight to the point she was.

Their conversation went on and on until they were done with their lunch. King offered to take her home but he had to take a quick stop at the club first. He hated when he was called back to the club for problems but it was his business.

"You like running this place?" Kyla asked as they walked up to his office.

"Sometimes, it's a lot of work." he said, once the door was open he let her walk in first.

A few moments later, Jasmine walked upstairs holding a big duffel bag. King's club wasn't a strip club but they had strip nights. Friday nights strippers came to the club to work for the night.

"What is that?" King pointed to the bag.

"One of the strippers stole this from the office, someone forgot to lock up." she said and King's blood ran cold.

There were very few people who had access to his office, only himself, Jasmine and the security guards.
"Do me a favour and call security here and bring that girl up here too." King said and Jasmine nodded in response.

Jasmine left the bag on the desk and walked out, King walked over and flicked the lock on his door. He let out a breath trying to figure out what to do next.
"You've got cameras in here, so check the video from Friday. Then count what's here to see what's missing." Kyla said.

"Aight, which one do you wanna do?" he asked, he probably has less than an hour before everyone was here so they could each take one job.

Kyla took the job of counting the money since that was her job anyway. King sat at his desk and looked through the cctv footage to see who came into the office.

"I don't fucking believe it." King said as he saw his security taking stacks of money from the safe.

"According to this book there's supposed to be fourty grand from Friday nights taking right?" Kyla said as she double checked the facts.

"Yeah, how much you count?"

"Ten." she said and King's jaw lock tight with anger.

He cleared his throat and locked the money back up. Opening was in a couple of hours so he had to be quick. He needed to call his backup security to man the doors tonight.

"Cmon imma take you home." King motioned to the door.

"Can I stay?" she asked clasping her hands together dramatically begging.

"Ky I gotta handle this." he chuckled at how dramatic she was being.

"I'll be quiet you won't even know I'm here." she said, King knew he couldn't say no to her so he didn't know why he was even thinking about it.

There was a knock on the door and a guy that Kyla had seen around the club a few times walked in. "Ky this my boy Bully." King introduced them to one another.

"You look a little familiar." he pointed to Kyla.

"You know her sister Zara, you probably thinking of her." King said to him, Bully nodded since it all hit him at once.

"Stop telling people that we're related." Kyla hit King's arm making him laugh.

"So what's going on here?" Bully asked while leaning against the wall.

"Joe stole thirty grand from me with the help of some stripper that was here Friday." King explained, he kept checking his watch to make sure they had enough time.

Before they knew it the security guard arrived and entered the office. King felt his irritation grown when he set eyes on him.

"Ky go downstairs for me and help Jasmine." King said grabbing Kyla's hand and pulling her up to her feet.

She nodded and made her way downstairs. But she made sure to be quiet when she heard raised voices, one of them belonging to Jasmine. But the other two she didn't recognise.

"I told you I didn't steal the money!" one girl yelled.

"I don't know why you're getting loud it's on camera." Jasmine explained, she was tired of these strippers coming into the club with an attitude thinking they ran things.

"Hoe I'm tired of your attitude, acting like this is your joint." Another girl said getting in Jasmine's face.

"Everything okay here?" Kyla asked as her feet reached the ground floor.

"Who the fuck is this?" the brown skin girl said.

"Don't worry about that." Kyla shook her head. 

"Jay let's go I'm not being accused anymore." one of them tried to leave but Jasmine stepped in front of her

"So you're saying neither of you helped security tske the money?" she questioned

"I know you heard me!" she pushed Jasmine back causing her to stumble back but Kyla pushed the brown skin girl back.

Within a matter of seconds a brawl broke out. Both girls were trying to go for Jasmine but Kyla wasn't going to let that happen. Jasmine took one of them while Kyla took the other.

The girl was struggling to fight Kyla off, all she managed to do was scratch her. "Get the hell off me!" she yelled frantically.

King heard the commotion and ran downstairs with Bully hot on his tail. "The fuck is going on?!" he yelled.

Bully pulled Jasmine back while King pried Kyla off of the other girl. "Someone gonna tell me what this is?!" he yelled.

"She shoved Jas they tried jumping her that's what." Kyla said still trying to kick the girl. She was a girl's girl and refused to stand by and watch Jas get jumped. They hadn't know each-other for long but that didn't mean anything. 

"Get them downstairs bro, Jas go home you're not working tonight." King instructed, downstairs was code for the basement where they would be dealt with accordingly.

"I'm fine." Jas was more annoyed that anything but she was fine to work.

"Go get cleaned up, Bully's taking over for an hour alright?" he said and Jas nodded.

"You okay?" Jasmine asked Kyla, she only had a scratch on her face.

"Don't worry about me I'm fine." Kyla assured her.

"Thank you for having my back." Jasmine hugged her, but Kyla didn't need thanking.

King threw Kyla over his shoulder and he carried her out back to his car and put her in. He stepped on the gas and sped to his house. He let out a breath, trying to comprehend what had taken place in the last hour.

"What was that? Where you learn to fight like that?" he asked, Kyla had never shown an angry side so this was all new to him.

"No where especially." she shrugged, Kyla noticed they were on his road.

"I'm taking you to my place, you cool with that?" he asked, it would be more convenient. The last thing he wanted was Kyla going home late to her sister harassing her with questions.

"What about Blu?" she frowned, going to his house wasn't an issue. But she needed Blu there also, Zara wouldn't take of him.

"Imma grab Jaylen, we'll pick up ya dog aight?" he said and she nodded hummed in response.

King hopped out and opened the passenger door for her to get out, he walked her to her front door, "You're opening my doors now? I feel special." she joked.

Although he was annoyed, Kyla still managed to make him laugh. He unlocked his front door and they walked in. Kyla looked around at the nice yet simplistic interior of the house. She removed her sneakers before stepping further into the house. She got comfortable on the black velvet couch which was surprisingly comfortable.

"Here's a spare key incase and here's cash for food, I'll be two hours max aight?"

"Mhm." she nodded, King left her to it and called Jaylen from his car.

|

By the time King and Jaylen got to the house, Kyla was fast asleep on the couch. It had been a tiring night but King had things finally covered at the club.

"Bro wake her up while I gotta piss." Jaylen said before running up the stairs.

King scooped up Kyla and carried her to Jaylen's car. He set her in the passenger seat and put her seatbelt on for her. He didn't even realise he was looking at her. She was so beautiful that he couldn't help but stare, he gently brushed a stray hair from her face so it wouldn't irritate her.

Quickly shaking any thoughts that clouded his mind, he closed the door and walked back to the house. Jaylen walked out if the house and said his goodbyes before saying goodbye and leaving.

|
Ten comments for next chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

806K 19.4K 76
Kyla is a 17 year old girl who live in the hood , who is always fighting and who don't takes nobody shit. Not even her mama. When she gets into a fig...
Black Queenz By Me

Teen Fiction

32.2K 1.3K 18
Ra's just been forced to leave her younger siblings to live with her dad back in East Juniperwood, aka East JP. Osiris is just trying to survive anot...
19.8K 870 50
Kierra ran away to nyc to find a new life and career. Due to family issues she was having. She meets East's and fall in love .. something's she is no...
27.1K 2.3K 53
21 and ready for law school -- Aisha's eyes are finally opening to see the true darkness that lies inside herself and Delontae. What will she do abou...