HERNAN AND GABRIELA BOOK 1

By Graceguya1

This is a re-writing of the Grimm's fairytale, Hansel and Gretel as a Telenovela. It is the first book of a t... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
EPISODE 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60

CHAPTER 36

1 0 0
By Graceguya1

Meanwhile, Antonio is in his car, in the basement of the office. In his hand is some paperwork he had forgotten in the car. He then receives a call. He picks up his phone and looks up at it. He makes a face of disgust and irritation. It is the last person he wants to hear from- his grandmother. He knows that all she will do is dampen his mood and annoy him. Antonio, however, knows that not ever picking up a call from his grandmother is much worse, as it will lead to more drama. Reluctantly Antonio picks up her call. Claudia says that they should talk, and Antonio quietly listens knowing that there was no way it would end well.

Claudia says that she finds it weird, that Hector and Gina are so interested in a crazy man they barely know. Claudia says that Gina obviously has never gotten over her father's death, which in itself is understandable because death is painful. Claudia pauses then continues and says that she seems to have daddy issues, and sees physical or behavioral similarities between John and her father and might develop an infatuation or love towards him. Antonio is still quiet, and Claudia knows that she has hit a raw nerve, which she pounces on. Claudia adds that he should be very careful. Antonio tells her to stop being paranoid. Claudia says that she is not paranoid, and is simply stating a fact that can happen.

Meanwhile, Adrianna goes over what Antonio told her about Gina's necklace and the pictures in it. Adrianna wonders what the two are hiding.

Later at the end of the day, Hector, Gina, and Anna Patricia go to the mental hospital to visit John. They are inside Dr. Alves's office. Anna Patricia says that she is sorry to come on such short notice, but Hector and Gina are part of her family and are well-loved, and she was sent to make sure everything is okay. Dr. Alves says that he understands and that it is all okay. He says that he is going to arrange for John to be brought out, and asks Hector and Gina to escort Anna Patricia, to the garden. Dr. Alves then leaves and goes to get John. Hector then smiles and says that was an interesting reason to explain her presence.

Anna Patricia says that she couldn't say that her nosy mother made her come. Dr. Alves is out with John. He tells him that Hector and Gina are here to see him with a guest. John asks him who the guest is. Dr. Alves says that it is someone who is like family to them. Hector and Gina come out with Anna Patricia, and introduce her to John, as their aunt.

He looks at her for a few seconds and says that she is very beautiful. Anna Patricia smiles. Dr. Alves says he will leave them for a little while. John invites them to sit down. Hector and Gina share a knowing look. They can tell that John is captivated by Anna Patricia.

Meanwhile, Antonio is in his house. He is watching a movie on his laptop but his mind is not really there. He remembers what Claudia said earlier. He says (to himself) that his grandmother has a way of messing with his head.

Meanwhile, John tells Anna Patricia that he would like to take a walk around the garden (which is spacious) with her. He adds that it has been years since he has had the company of such a beautiful woman, who is not his doctor or nurse. She agrees. He turns to Hector and Gina and says that he will not take long. After they have left, Hector says that Clara's meddling and nosiness is actually good, because interacting with people who are not part of his medical team, is good for him, and that it will help lift his spirits. Hector, says that he seems to be taken by Anna Patricia. Gina asks if this is what Clara hoped for when she insisted Anna Patricia comes and visits John. Hector says he isn't sure, but he wouldn't put any kind of scheming and tricks past her.

Meanwhile, John asks Anna Patricia if she is afraid of him. She says she is not. He says that's good. He then adds that he is afraid of what lies out there once he recovers. He asks what if it makes him crazy again. She tells him that he should not think that way. She tells him that he should focus on the fact that the doctors have said that he has been making a remarkable recovery. He thanks her for her words. He then tells her that he fears that he might never remember who he was. She tells him to take it step by step.

On Wednesday, morning, Aurelio and Aranza have just arrived at school. They don't have a class that morning, so they go to the cafeteria. He notices she is quiet, so he asks her what's wrong. Aranza says she was just thinking about John. He asks her what exactly, about him. Aranza says the doctors, have said he has made a quick recovery, and she was thinking that in the next few months or a year, he could regain his memory, and remember his family, and this will be awkward for both him and his family to adjust to each other.

Aurelio agrees. He says he can't imagine the shock on his family's faces when he returns after 18 years. Aranza says what if they are evil people, and don't get along with Hector and Gina who have developed, an attachment towards John. He tells her not to be too worried about it, and that things will work out in the end. He adds that God has seen how much John has lost, spending so much time in the mental health facility, and will help him recover.

John meanwhile is in his room, going through an old newspaper, when Dr. Alves enters. He says he wants to receive a lot of visitors, like the other patients. He says that, apart from Hector, Gina, and Anna Patricia, no one has come to visit. He asks him where his family is. Dr. Alves says that slowly with time, he will learn the truth. John says he would like to learn the truth whatever it is. Dr. Alves thinks it's a good idea for John to wait and learn things slowly. John however is insistent and wants to hear things soon. Dr. Alves decides to tell him.

Meanwhile, Adrianna is at her desk, working when she decides to check on the story of the twins online. She then has flashbacks of the day they disappeared.

Meanwhile, Gina has flashbacks of playing with Antonio and Adrianna as children. She remembers on her and Hector's eighth birthday, he gave her his mother's necklace, which she still had, or when she, Adrianna, Antonio, and Hector would play in the garden or when they would watch Aranza in her baby cot. She even remembered when she woke up and found her hair dyed green, and they later, found out it was Antonio. She smiles remembering his cheeky smile, even then he was a rascal. She then asks herself what Antonio's reaction will be when he finds out the truth.

Back at the hospital,

John is startled to find out everything. He asks Dr. Alves if there is any clue as to who he is. Dr. Alves says that the only clue that they have is a tattoo on his left arm. John moves up his hospital gown and sees it. The tattoo is of a butterfly with the name Becky on it.

Later, that evening after Hector, Gina, and Anna Patricia go to visit John. Sometime later Anna Patricia is at home with her parents. Clara asks her how the past two visits she has had with John have gone. Anna Patricia says that it went well, and his sanity has vastly improved. She adds that what the doctors are still wary about is whether he will regain his memory because without knowing his family, that will be hard because it will affect how they will treat him. She then finishes by saying that she does see the resemblance to Gabriel, the twins' father. Clara surprises Ramon and Anna Patricia by saying she wants to meet John as well. Ramon asks his wife what she is up to. Clara says she is not up to anything but she has been intrigued by John's case and feels sorry for him.

On Thursday morning, Gina and Martin are in the garden talking. He tells her his mother told him about their grandmother's plans to visit John. Gina smiles, she says she has a feeling their grandmother is up to something but she can't figure out what.

Meanwhile, Hector runs into Alejandro, who as usual gives him a dark look. Hector ignores him.

Later after class, Aranza and Aurelio meet. He tells her about his aunt's decision to continue visiting John. Aranza says that might lead to unintended consequences. Aurelio asks her what consequences she means. Aranza says one or both of them might fall for the other. Aurelio smiles and Aranza insists and says that they both have been single for so long and they are going to see a lot of each other. Aranza adds that John has not been visited by anyone or been around anyone who is not part of his medical team in years, and his aunt is very pretty. Aurelio realizes what Aranza is saying is very realistic. He asks her what if when John recovers his memory he forgets or disregards her and goes back to his wife if he had one.

Aranza says that it has been so long and if John was married, his wife mourned, thinking he was dead, and moved on and rebuilt her life with someone else. Aranza admits that she might not know a lot about the law but it has been eighteen years, and if he had a wife, they haven't lived together, and are technically considered divorced, so unless there is a willingness by either or both parties to renew the marriage or money is involved things should not be nasty or complicated. Aurelio is surprised. He had no idea she knew such things.

Meanwhile, Antonio sits on his desk. The computer is on but he isn't really looking at it. Next week is the anniversary of his mother's death. He was three when she died, but even as the pain has lessened over time, he still felt the gap. Before Gina, he felt that she was the only other person who loved him unconditionally. He imagines how his life would have turned out, had she lived and raised him. Probably he wouldn't have been so messed up. He opens a chest in his drawers and removes a picture of her and looks at it.

Meanwhile, Adrianna runs into Marianna on her way to the washroom. Marianna gives her a sly smile but Adrianna ignores her. She says (to herself) that, that witch won't get to her.

That evening, Clara joins Anna Patricia, Hector, and Gina to visit John. Dr. Alves observes his reaction to the increased group of people. John is happy and thriving. He seems more alive than he (Dr. Alves has seen him in ages).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 5.8K 30
Yvanna Abigail Wayland is the younger twin sister of the notorious Jace Wayland. She is more of a rule follower than her rule breaker brother. When s...
65 8 7
Elena wants to help her community the best she can, and follow in her family's footsteps. But she feels like her gift isn't enough, but what happens...
11.1K 545 61
More than two decades after Lukas Emerald first met his mate and future Luna, Clementine Reign, came the triplet Alphas: Godric, Griffin, and Gabriel...
30.4K 549 26
(Warning! There are a few bad words in this story but I will not put any kind of dirty scenes for this is a child show. All Characters and songs belo...