Chase Me

By LencySlamet

Amari Vasilios, the CEO of a rapidly growing Advertising Company in California, experienced a heartbreak from... More

Little note to my readers
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
"Muse" P U B L I S H E D

28

5.8K 119 0
By LencySlamet

I had sought refuge at the New Yorker hotel, refusing to return home where the painful presence of my father and Milan loomed. Collapsing onto the bed, I released a loud scream, my tears streaming down my face.

My phone rang, piercing through the sobs that consumed me. With trembling hands, I answered, my voice choked with emotion. "What?" I managed to utter between sobs.

Concern laced Angelica's voice as she asked, "Where are you, and why are you crying?" Her worry only intensified my overwhelming flood of emotions.

"I'm at the New Yorker," I replied, my voice strained with sniffles and tears.

"What are you doing there?" she exclaimed, her disbelief evident.

Unable to form a coherent response, I simply cried harder, my despair echoing through the phone. Angelica understood the depth of my pain, realizing that mere words wouldn't be enough to console me. Determined to provide support, she made a solemn promise. "I'll be there in a few," she reassured me, knowing that my distraught state required her physical presence.

Setting the phone down, I felt an overwhelming sense of despair and betrayal. The weight of my father and Milan's actions bore down upon me, threatening to shatter my spirit. I wanted to unleash my anger on the walls, to release the pain that consumed me. It was unfathomable to comprehend how my own family could orchestrate such a heart-wrenching deception.

Minutes stretched into eternity as I sat in the midst of my sorrow, contemplating the shattered bonds of trust and the uncertainty that lay ahead. As I awaited Angelica's arrival, the walls of the hotel room seemed to close in on me, suffocating me with their silent weight.
-

Angelica sat on the edge of the bed, her presence a soothing balm for my shattered spirit. She handed me tissues, providing comfort as I unraveled the events of the evening, her eyes widening in disbelief as the truth unfurled before her. "No way," she exclaimed, passing me a bottle of water. "So all this time, it was your father behind your split with Zane? It was never Savannah? We've been hating on her for no reason."

With a mix of frustration and sadness, I nodded, my voice heavy with emotion. "My father and my brother," I said, taking a gulp of water to calm my racing thoughts. "Right now, I can't even bear to see them. I don't want to go home."

Understanding my need for space and time, Angelica nodded in agreement. "It's better for you to stay here and process everything," she offered. "Take the time you need to reflect on the situation. What about Zane? Has he reached out to you?"

A wave of realization crashed over me as I realized I had forgotten about Zane amidst the chaos. My heart sank, guilt gnawing at me. Hastily grabbing my phone, I discovered a barrage of missed calls from him. I immediately dialed his number, the urgency in his voice evident as he answered. "Where are you?" he exclaimed, his worry palpable. "I've been worried sick about you, sugarplum."

Exhaling deeply, I responded, "I'm at the New Yorker. I just needed some time to think."

"Oh, thank God," he sighed in relief. "I'll bring breakfast for you tomorrow, okay? I want to give you some space to process everything that happened tonight. Do you have someone with you? Do you need me there?" his voice filled with an eagerness to support me in any way he could.

Shaking my head, despite knowing he couldn't see me, I reassured him, "It's fine, Zane. Angelica is here with me. I'll be alright."

As I hung up the phone, a mix of emotions washed over me. The pain and betrayal inflicted by my father and brother still seared within my heart, but the presence of Angelica and the unwavering support of Zane offered a glimmer of hope.

Angelica's attempt to lighten the mood pulled a faint smile from me as she asked if I wanted to order food. "What do you like to eat?" she inquired, holding the phone ready to order room service. Shrugging my shoulders, I couldn't summon much of an appetite. The weight of the evening's revelations still sat heavily upon me. "I don't know, anything," I replied with indifference.

Encouragingly, Angelica insisted, "Come on, Amari. You have to eat something." Her concern was genuine, and I appreciated her effort to take care of me in a difficult moment. After a moment's thought, I responded, "Chicken pasta." She nodded, her eyes filled with understanding, and proceeded to place the order with room service.

As I idly scrolled through my phone, I discovered a message from my mom. Reading it aloud, I shared, "Your dad told me what happened. He's sleeping on the couch. Where are you sweetheart? Are you staying at Zane?" My heart warmed at the thoughtfulness of my mom, seeking to understand and offer comfort in her own way.

Angelica, curious about the message, asked, "Is that your mom?" I nodded. "Yes, it's my mom," I confirmed. Angelica's face contorted into a playful smirk. "Your mom is a darling," she commented, her voice tinged with amusement. "She should have let him sleep outside." Her words brought a hint of laughter to my lips, momentarily lifting the heaviness that had settled upon my heart.

Then, Angelica handed me her phone, urging me to take a look at a Snapchat picture that Yasmin had sent her. I glanced at the screen, my eyes falling upon Yasmin comfortably clad in a bathrobe, lying on the bed, while Milan stood outside on the balcony with a pillow and a blanket. A genuine chuckle escaped my lips as I beheld the scene. "Milan is definitely sleeping on the balcony," Angelica observed, joining in the laughter.

For a brief moment, the weight of my family's betrayal lifted, and I was able to find solace in the lightheartedness of the situation. I was glad for the women in my family, the only ones who are not insane.

As the room service arrived with my chicken pasta, the aroma wafting through the air, my mouth immediately watered. Even though I said I wasn't hungry a few minutes ago, I devoured the chicken pasta in a matter of minutes.

-

As the morning sunlight streamed through the window, I slowly opened my eyes, finding Angelica in the reflection of the mirror as she fixed her hair. My voice groggy, I inquired, "Where are you going?"

Her gaze met mine in the mirror, and she replied, "I'm going to get you clothes and other essentials. I'll be back around lunchtime. Do you want me to grab breakfast for you before I leave?"

Shaking my head, I mumbled, "No, Zane is coming over." Angelica nodded and headed out. Within minutes of her departure, Zane messaged me, inquiring about my room number. Swiftly responding, I shared the details, and moments later, he stood at my door.

Stepping into the room, he took in my disheveled appearance. "You look like a hot mess," he teased, concern evident in his voice. "Are you feeling okay, sugarplum?"

"I'm alright," I reassured him, my eyes following his movements as he placed a brown paper bag on the table beside my bed. Curiosity piqued, I asked, "Is that breakfast?" His nod confirmed my suspicions, and excitement coursed through me.

"Yes, it is," he replied, a smile gracing his lips. "Inside, you'll find fruit, an açaí bowl, and sushi." Unable to contain my delight, I made a beeline for the table and eagerly grabbed the açaí bowl. The vibrant colors and tempting aroma made my mouth water, and I emitted a soft moan as I savored the first bite.

"Did you make this yourself?" I inquired, my appreciation evident. Zane's smile widened as he nodded. "Yes," he affirmed, satisfaction lacing his words. "Is it good?"

Nodding vigorously, I replied, "It's delicious!" The flavors exploded in my mouth, a perfect blend of sweet and tangy. Zane's culinary skills impressed me, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth and gratitude for the care he had put into preparing the breakfast.

"You know, I was thinking," Zane began, a glimmer of excitement in his eyes. "Do you want to go on vacation?" His words caught me off guard, and I found myself momentarily puzzled. Sensing my confusion, he pointed out, "There's um, chia seed on your chin," as he gently wiped it away with his thumb. "There you go, all gone."

"Thank you," I replied, feeling a sense of warmth at his care. Collecting my thoughts, I asked, "What do you mean, vacation?"

Zane's expression softened, and he explained, "Well, you're here for another week, so why not take the opportunity to travel and, well... run away from the drama?" His suggestion struck a chord within me, sparking a realization that he was right. Being away from Milan and my father seemed like the best course of action, offering a chance to distance myself from the drama that had consumed my life.

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I considered his proposal. "Let's go to France," I declared, feeling a surge of excitement building within me. The thought of wandering through quaint cobblestone streets, exploring charming cafes, and savoring delectable pastries ignited a sense of peace within me.

Zane's eyes lit up with delight, mirroring my own enthusiasm. "France it is."

Don't forget to vote, comment & share!!

hi guys!
The TikTok page is up! Go give it a follow ;)

Link: https://www.tiktok.com/@authorlency?_t=8dkSNPZ0tDp&_r=1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 5.4K 10
Sasuke knows what he wants and how to get it, but how will Naruto react when Tsunade tells him, by clan law, he has no choice but to marry the bastar...
1.1M 30.1K 25
Sabrina Harrison and Josh Parker have been best friends since the beginning of freshman year. During high school, they began dating and planned to co...
41.1K 775 27
Ever since Peter made that promise to Gwen's dad, he's been miserable. Seeing her in school and not being able to rush up and hold her in his arms is...
10.8M 251K 60
๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐„๐ง๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared by all in the Italian mafia. He kills on...