Chase Me

By LencySlamet

Amari Vasilios, the CEO of a rapidly growing Advertising Company in California, experienced a heartbreak from... More

Little note to my readers
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
"Muse" P U B L I S H E D

20

6.7K 161 21
By LencySlamet

I was an emotional wreck, tears streaming down my face as I struggled to compose myself.

"So, what exactly went down?" Angelica inquired, taking a seat beside me on the bed, clad in her cozy Mickey Mouse pajamas.

Sniffling and snorting, I recounted the events of the evening to Angelica, my voice choked with emotion. Tears continued to stream down my face as I hiccuped through my words, explaining how the excessive cocktails had made me tipsy, leading to my ill-fated attempt to kiss Zane in the car.

"He didn't respond the same way," I managed to say between sobs. "I could tell he was shocked. It's just one-sided, Angelica. My feelings for him are unrequited."

Angelica placed a comforting hand on my back, her voice filled with concern. "Are you sure he didn't just get caught off guard? Maybe he wasn't expecting it."

I sniffled and wiped away my tears, considering her words for a moment. "I... I don't know. It felt so awkward, and I panicked. I ran out of the car, and he didn't even try to stop me."

Angelica leaned closer, offering reassurance. "Sometimes people need time to process unexpected moments. It doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have feelings for you. Maybe you should talk to him,  and find out how he really feels."

I stared at Angelica in disbelief, my tear-streaked face contorted with frustration. "No, Angelica, I can't do that. It's too embarrassing. I already made a fool of myself once tonight. I can't bear to face the possibility of rejection from him."

She sighed, understanding the depth of my emotions. "Amari, I know it's difficult, but how will you ever know if you don't communicate with him? You two have been through so much together. If he truly is your best friend, he'll understand and appreciate your honesty."

I shook my head, tears still welling up in my eyes. "I can't risk losing him, Angelica. Our friendship means everything to me. I don't want to ruin it by confessing my feelings."

Angelica's voice softened as she pulled me into a tight hug. "Amari, I can't make this decision for you, but I believe in your strength. You deserve happiness, whether it's with Zane or someone else. Take some time to think about it, but remember that you're deserving of love and a chance at happiness."

Her words resonated deep within me, and I sniffled, feeling a glimmer of hope flicker in my heart. Maybe, just maybe, it was time to confront my feelings and take the risk.

Or maybe not.

Ugh, my indecisiveness and overthinking is going to ruin it all.

Through my lingering tears, a small smile tugged at the corners of my lips as Angelica and I shared a moment of playful banter. It was a relief to momentarily shift the focus away from my own tangled emotions.

"You didn't tell me you were planning your marriage," I teased, feigning a hint of playful anger. "I had to hear it from Zane."

Angelica let out a soft chuckle, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "Oh please, it was just a moment of weakness for me. I'm not planning on getting married anytime soon. Just like you, I was also drunk while making that confession."

A giggle escaped my lips, mixing with the remnants of my tears. It felt good to laugh, to release some of the tension that had built up within me. "Alex loves you though," I remarked, my voice filled with genuine happiness for her.

Angelica's expression softened, and a gentle warmth emanated from her. "He does. I'm one lucky girl."

A bittersweet pang tugged at my heart as I glanced down, the weight of unrequited feelings resurfacing. "At least one of us is," I replied softly.

-

The next morning, as I stood in front of my closet, I felt a renewed sense of determination. The events of the previous night still lingered in my mind, but I was determined to face the day with a positive attitude. I selected a professional yet stylish outfit, ready to conquer whatever challenges awaited me at work.

In the kitchen, I prepared breakfast for myself, humming along to a Justin Bieber song playing in the background. Lost in my own little world, I was startled when the maid suddenly appeared beside me. I let out a surprised yelp, clutching my chest. "Please, next time knock before sneaking up on me like that!"

Taking a deep breath to calm my racing heart, I gathered my things and headed out. My driver was waiting outside, and I greeted him with a smile. When we arrived at the office building, I took a moment to compose myself. As I walked towards my office, my PA approached me, her voice hushed. "Mr. Shaw is waiting for you, Ms. Vasilios."

My heart skipped a beat, and for a moment, the temptation to turn and run almost overwhelmed me. But I reminded myself that I was a grown woman, capable of facing challenges head-on. With a determined nod, I steeled myself and entered my office.

There he was, sitting in one of the chairs, looking composed and somewhat expectant. As our eyes met, a wave of emotions washed over me, but I pushed them aside, focusing on maintaining a professional demeanor.

"Good morning, Zane," I greeted him, my voice steady. "To what do I owe this surprise visit...again?"

Zane's gaze softened, and he rose from his seat. "Good morning, sugarplum. Well yea, I was suppose to head back to New York. I... I wanted to talk to you about last night. Can we sit down and talk about it?"

My heart skipped a beat and taking a deep breath, I gestured towards the chairs. "Of course, let's talk."

As we settled into our seats, the air between us became thick with anticipation. I braced myself for whatever he was about to say, reminding myself to stay strong and open to whatever he was about to say.

But instead of saying something, he stood up from his seat. A flicker of uncertainty passed through me. I watched in silence as he made his way towards me, his presence growing stronger with each step. The scent of his cologne enveloped me, causing my heart to race even faster. What was he doing?

Before I could comprehend his intentions, Zane gently lifted my chin, his eyes locked with mine. In that moment, I could see the intensity of his emotions reflected in his gaze. My mouth went dry, and I swallowed nervously, my mind struggling to process the situation unfolding before me.

And then, in an instant, his lips were on mine, and the world seemed to fade away. The softness of his kiss sent a jolt of electricity through my veins, and all thoughts and worries dissipated. I surrendered myself to the moment, the warmth of his touch igniting a fire within me.

Time seemed to stand still as our lips moved in sync, a passionate dance of emotions and desires. My hand instinctively found its way to his face, the roughness of his stubble sending shivers down my spine. With each lingering kiss, our connection deepened, and my heart melted in his embrace.

The kiss spoke volumes, conveying a depth of feeling that words could never capture. In that stolen moment, the walls that had kept our desires at bay came crashing down, revealing the unspoken truth that had lingered between us for so long.

When our lips finally parted, we both drew in a breath, the air crackling with a newfound intensity. I gazed into Zane's eyes, my voice barely a whisper. "What... what was that?"

A soft smile curved on his lips, his eyes filled with tenderness. "It was something I've wanted to do for a long time, Amari. I couldn't hold back any longer."

A surge of warmth spread through me, and I couldn't help but return his smile. The weight of unspoken feelings was lifted, replaced by a sense of clarity and hope.

"What do you mean by 'long time'?" I whispered, my heart filled with joy. "Since when?"

"Since high school."

I shot him a confused look. "You left me."

"Amari, you're the one who left. You left like I was never a reason to stay."

Don't forget to vote, comment & share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 31.6K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
162K 5.4K 10
Sasuke knows what he wants and how to get it, but how will Naruto react when Tsunade tells him, by clan law, he has no choice but to marry the bastar...
17.5K 550 54
Meghan Adams is humiliated when her fiancé George Ricci stops their wedding to tell her. He's already married to her best friend and maid of honour...